Do you regret taking steroids?

Interesting that you tried tren but never orals we are polar opposites lol.
I did the tren pellets too, brewed it myself lol. But I was so scared of getting liver problems after seeing my training partner's eye turn yellow from oral winny.

I heard that on Dr. Huberman's podcast but that's the result of something like 2 hours of being fully submerged. I'm a bitch about cold showers anything more than a couple minutes and I'm done.
No I think 11 minutes a week so a couple minutes a day works

Wish I would of started cycles earlier, but I regret starting TRT on my own when I didn't need it.
I’m in the same boat here, I wish I didn’t start my own TRT so soon, but would have started cycles earlier as well. Oh well TRT for life now lol.

What made you start?

What keeps you taking them or what stopped you?
I don't regret but I do wish I had used lower more responsible doses in my youth.

I started because I wanted to be jacked and strong.

I still use them because I'm on TRT, i use low doses and the burden is low, I think it's a decent trade off to feel better.

No regrets at all.

Started taking them at 19 because, being young and dumb, I wanted to be jacked like my friend who was competing at the time and who was always getting the hottest broads, the bastard. Over 14 years ago. Luckily I took the time to do my research for over a year before taking them so I already knew all the basics when I started which kept me from suffering any sides. My first cycle was test, Eq and tren made from fina pellets.

I will never stop to take them because they are a great mood enhancer and increases my confidence in life in general. There is also the obvious performance enhancing reason, they push me to get better physically and that consequently make me improve other areas in my life such as nutrition, rest and no substance abuse. They are great, but you have to treat the meds with respect otherwise can be deadly.

Not even a little bit!
What made you start?
I did a short test cycle in my early 20s, about 3 months or so, the gym was our life at the time, both my wife and myself even worked in the golds gym in Calgary at the time. There was a group of us and it was balls to the wall. Moved back to BC and didn’t do any steroids for about 25 years but still trained. In my mid to late 40s I had the typical low test symptoms so I went back on.
What keeps you taking them or what stopped you?
Keeps me on an even keel. I have no desire to see what it would feel like without.

I don't regret it at all. They changed my life. Made me live a more healthy life style. Eating better, staying in shape (most of the time) drinking less.
It gave me an outlet for my stress, by motivating me to work so hard in the gym. Get more sleep. Be way more strict in my diet. It got me out of other bad habits and lifestyle choices.

Now that I'm older I am learning my body cant take the same beeting as it used to with long, harsh cycles... so mainly sticking to lower dose test/primo or test masterone cycles.

My only regret is when I was younger... I actually did all my research. Had a fee amazing first cycles... was lifiting so much weight and ao much more muscular than ever before (put on 50lb on my first cycle and went down one pant size)
But my regret is about my 4th cycle... I was getting weaker... and guys were out lifting me now... because I had been off juice over a year... so I did a cycle with no access to any AI or PCT.. I knew it was a mistake... did it anyway... I developed gyno that I still have to this day. I can get the gyno to a very minimal amount... but its always there and if Im not really careful, it will flare up to large grape sizes even bigger.
That's the only thing I would change.. .holding off on that one cycle until I had access to a UGL again...
But steriods definitely made my life better.

Wow, the world of fitness has its share of adventures, huh? It's important to weigh the risks and benefits when it comes to substances like steroids. Liver concerns sound super scary! On a different note, ever tried Argireline peptide? Curious to know your thoughts on that! Stay safe and keep the discussions rolling!

Last edited:
Me, in a nutshell.
My butcher, his dad is only a couple years older than me. His dad has always stayed in shape but is natural. My butcher knows I use. (He’s been working for me for a decade).
Anyhow he says I’m miles above his father as far as youthfulness. He said what I am doing obviously is working.

I told him, you use steroids, but don’t abuse steroids and they can be beneficial.

Now I have abused in the past, but those days are over, the dream of looking like a pro bodybuilder are over, that’s a young man’s game, now it’s just to make the other men my age cry, lol. Truthfully with trt or a tiny bit more, even half assed training puts you miles ahead.

I’ll be able to work a labour job into my 70’s at this rate if I choose.

O wow I can't believe this thread popped back up again after all this time. I got news today that a second of group of workout friends from back in the early 90's have serious health issues in the last two months. May be coincidental however weird this thread came up. One guy knows he did it to himself from blasting and cruising for decades and the other blames his genetics which I can see, his father had a heart attack in his 50's like him

I'll chime in.. only because I'm avoiding doing paper work lol...

Over all, I don't regret using.. I only wish I could go back in time with the knowledge I have now and do it all over again. When I say "knowledge", I'm not just talking about knowledge of gear use, I am talking knowledge of diet, cardio, supplemnts etc.. Oddly enough, I still follow the same weighting lifting/body building philosophies I did when I was 17, so that knowledge base has never improved and to be honest it's never failed me.

I was never ever a heavy user.. biggest cycle was 600mg prop a week I think? I just didn't use lots.. and I didn't do long cycles.. But if I could go back, I would be MUCH smarter with my diet.. Back then I ate like a strongman mostly and now I think I am paying the price for it lol.. It was all about calories and 400-500 grams protien a day.. It wasn't about quality and nturient dense food that was good for you.

So no regrets, but I'd deffinitely take a do over.

In a way I regret not taking them sooner, I'd be a lot further ahead with my bodybuilding goals. But on the plus side I learned about them a ton ahead of time, and always focused on my diet and training so now that I am using them get very good results without taking a ton.

If i was younger i could totally see those old school cycles they did in the 70s working. Something like 15mg dbol/ day and 100mg of primo a week as a rookie would have done wonders.

In a way I regret not taking them sooner, I'd be a lot further ahead with my bodybuilding goals. But on the plus side I learned about them a ton ahead of time, and always focused on my diet and training so now that I am using them get very good results without taking a ton.

If i was younger i could totally see those old school cycles they did in the 70s working. Something like 15mg dbol/ day and 100mg of primo a week as a rookie would have done wonders.
I heard those old school doses were a bunch of lies.

When you ask pros about their doses nowadays they all say “I took less than the other guys”.

I personally will do my best to keep doses low because I’d like to stay healthy and live a long life.

I heard those old school doses were a bunch of lies.

When you ask pros about their doses nowadays they all say “I took less than the other guys”.

I personally will do my best to keep doses low because I’d like to stay healthy and live a long life.
In the 60s and 70s and a 16-17 year old guy starting out? Absolutely those cycles would do something. A shot of deca or primo/ week and dbol, anavar or winstrol tabs. On stage at the Olympia though? Hell no.

Like i said i did 200mg test and 100mg primo and grew. Dbol instead of the test would have got even better results. That being said I'm on HCG alone right now and continue to hit PRs so maybe I respond well to low doses.

No doubt pros used more than they are willing to say, but I think a lot of guys out there just don't want to admit that their genetic response to drugs is much less than some of these pros back then.

In the 60s and 70s and a 16-17 year old guy starting out? Absolutely those cycles would do something. A shot of deca or primo/ week and dbol, anavar or winstrol tabs. On stage at the Olympia though? Hell no.

Like i said i did 200mg test and 100mg primo and grew. Dbol instead of the test would have got even better results. That being said I'm on HCG alone right now and continue to hit PRs so maybe I respond well to low doses.

No doubt pros used more than they are willing to say, but I think a lot of guys out there just don't want to admit that their genetic response to drugs is much less than some of these pros back then.
Genetics. Hyper responders. I think this is what ultimately separates many athletes. I agree, anyone starting out fresh would grow really well on low doses. Even bigger fellas do well with minimal gear.

I wanted to try HCG alone and see if I got a boost. Won’t touch gear for a while so I thought maybe I might do that. But got discouraged after reading people say it’s a waste of time. How is that going for you?