What really grinds your gears?

I guess there is no one right answer to this very subjective question 'How do I correct my kids'. I got smacked a bunch of times and at the same time my parents showed me a lot of love and caring, helped me all through their lives. I guess there has to be balance of both discipline and caring that allows children to turn out ok. I found my tone is all I needed with my child to emphasize what was tolerate and what wasn't. However I have seen some children push their parents to the point if it was my child... boy ... a good swat on the ass would have been in order to bring that kid out of their insanity (tantrum).
I was disciplined a lot, but I was a shit. My wife never got spanked because she was too worried that she would get in trouble. My grandson is the same way as her. But man he is a smart ass.

Before when he was on my playstation and I wanted to use it. I asked him for the remote and he groaned and said no and so on. So I sat on him (not hard enough to hurt him) and asked him if I could have my remote now, lol. Anyhow in the future if I wanted the remote, he would say, don't sit on me, here. And now if I want it, he just hands it over. There was no need to get mad at all.

Mind you he tells me all the time he cant wait till he is bigger and stronger than me so he can beat me up, lol. Told me that one day when I go to a old folks home, he will send me to the one where they beat me. He will pay extra for the service, lol.

All in all other than his scarasm, which he came by because of my wife and I, hes a really good kid. But lazy at times, but getting better.

I was disciplined a lot, but I was a shit. My wife never got spanked because she was too worried that she would get in trouble. My grandson is the same way as her. But man he is a smart ass.

Before when he was on my playstation and I wanted to use it. I asked him for the remote and he groaned and said no and so on. So I sat on him (not hard enough to hurt him) and asked him if I could have my remote now, lol. Anyhow in the future if I wanted the remote, he would say, don't sit on me, here. And now if I want it, he just hands it over. There was no need to get mad at all.

Mind you he tells me all the time he cant wait till he is bigger and stronger than me so he can beat me up, lol. Told me that one day when I go to a old folks home, he will send me to the one where they beat me. He will pay extra for the service, lol.

All in all other than his scarasm, which he came by because of my wife and I, hes a really good kid. But lazy at times, but getting better.
yep ...everyone has to find the best method of disciplining their children when needed and motivating them in the right direction. Biggest thing I did with my son was to get involved with the things he did and we found things to do together. He start TaekwonDo but that was not his thing so I said you can't quit until you find another activity so he chose swimming and it was a great experience for him. The workouts were long and hard and I went to most of them and all his competitions. Then we got speed bikes and we pedaled all over the place with them (a lot of wipe outs and flat tires). Next was the off road motor bikes (dual purpose) which was a riot... we still go and he is 30 now. We also do road rides as well as he has a street bike. Staying involved in productive activities has helped me and my son to have fun, work hard at things and to stay active and keep learning. A month ago we did some flux core welding together for the first time, was not the best welds but they worked. We both learned something new that day as our first attempts were crappy ... but as we got going the weld got smother and smother.

yep ...everyone has to find the best method of disciplining their children when needed and motivating them in the right direction. Biggest thing I did with my son was to get involved with the things he did and we found things to do together. He start TaekwonDo but that was not his thing so I said you can't quit until you find another activity so he chose swimming and it was a great experience for him. The workouts were long and hard and I went to most of them and all his competitions. Then we got speed bikes and we pedaled all over the place with them (a lot of wipe outs and flat tires). Next was the off road motor bikes (dual purpose) which was a riot... we still go and he is 30 now. We also do road rides as well as he has a street bike. Staying involved in productive activities has helped me and my son to have fun, work hard at things and to stay active and keep learning. A month ago we did some flux core welding together for the first time, was not the best welds but they worked. We both learned something new that day as our first attempts were crappy ... but as we got going the weld got smother and smother.
My grandson and my interests are pretty much opposite. He likes to animate, I like to train, lol.
Well he did want me to build a life size metal trex with him when he was 6. Lol, well he did draw the plans (imagine 6 year old plans, lol)

Its deffinitely true in that there is no correct cookie cutter way to properly discipline every child lol..

My daughter hasn't needed a spank in a couple years and she's 5. She has the intellect to understand explanations, cause and effect etc.. She needs a "talking to" often and occasioanlly has things taken away from her for a short period of time.. but thats it.

My son couldn't give a fuck what you take away from him lol.. No effect on him, its actually kind of funny.. And when your trying to give him a good firm "talking to" he will laugh and giggle.. not to piss you off, but he just doesn't get it.. HE's 3 and only in the last 6 months have time outs been effective.. Before, if you gave him a time out in his room or on a chair his immagination would wonder and he'd sit their and enjoy himself lol.. For him, a spank is still the most effective form of correction when he's crossed the line big time or needs to really understnad something such as damaging proprty, hurting others etc...

by spank, I mean 1 swat on the butt or hand.. just enough force to instantly change their train of thought. with my son, that amount of force is much greater than my daughter needed lol.. you could swat my daughter with a marshmellow and the act itself made her instantly change her mindset and refocuss... my son needs to feel a slight sting, if he doesn't feel a sting there is absolutely no change.. its like it didn't even register lol.. he'd even laugh at you because he thought you were playing a game with him..

My mom physically disciplined me and my brother. When I got a beating I learned but my brother would get angry. He didn’t turn out so well, neither did I but I don’t blame how I turned out on being disciplined at all, I blame myself

Reactions: PGM
The whole thing is shit talking people who take AAS is complicated. Here's my take on it.

Firstly, there's an element of jealousy. Someone looks great, got to attack them. Same way if an average looking woman sees a hot woman - she's a "whore", and not a "real woman". Petty and negative people do this to feel better. It's a defense mechanism.

Second is political culture. It's always worked well for politicians to look for enemies. Doesn't matter what it is - attack someone, and people will jump on your bandwagon. Immigrants? They take your jobs! AAS users? They're cheaters! (even when there's no prize money). People follow this narrative like sheep because it makes them feel good. Me good, someone else bad!

I have a friend and I accept his shortcomings but he's massively overweight. Great, funny guy. Barely 40, sometimes has to walk with a cane. Eats garbage, ALWAYS. Shows up at all parties with cookies, chocolate etc. Anyways, one day we're talking about random stuff and he's like "oh, he must be on roids" talking about a random person who's built - I'm assuming he thinks I'm natural (I don't look very freaky). It's sad that these individuals do not realize the damage they're doing to themselves and demonize things that - if correctly used - are not that bad. At the same time, severely addicted to food which is ruining their health and quality of life! But as I said, it's a defense mechanism and the difference if I go to sleep feeling good about myself and I know he does not.

The whole thing is shit talking people who take AAS is complicated. Here's my take on it.

Firstly, there's an element of jealousy. Someone looks great, got to attack them. Same way if an average looking woman sees a hot woman - she's a "whore", and not a "real woman". Petty and negative people do this to feel better. It's a defense mechanism.

Second is political culture. It's always worked well for politicians to look for enemies. Doesn't matter what it is - attack someone, and people will jump on your bandwagon. Immigrants? They take your jobs! AAS users? They're cheaters! (even when there's no prize money). People follow this narrative like sheep because it makes them feel good. Me good, someone else bad!

I have a friend and I accept his shortcomings but he's massively overweight. Great, funny guy. Barely 40, sometimes has to walk with a cane. Eats garbage, ALWAYS. Shows up at all parties with cookies, chocolate etc. Anyways, one day we're talking about random stuff and he's like "oh, he must be on roids" talking about a random person who's built - I'm assuming he thinks I'm natural (I don't look very freaky). It's sad that these individuals do not realize the damage they're doing to themselves and demonize things that - if correctly used - are not that bad. At the same time, severely addicted to food which is ruining their health and quality of life! But as I said, it's a defense mechanism and the difference if I go to sleep feeling good about myself and I know he does not.
Great point. I agree. A lot of people will slag other people who are better than them to make themselves feel better rather than put in work to actually make themselves better. I dont understand that mindset at all.

Great post... very true

Let's not forget that these days, you're supposed to praise obese people for their body positivity and being brave! It's incredibly messed up how something that's clearly bad for you is being praised these days. What's next, tell people who smoke to be proud of it?

Let's not forget that these days, you're supposed to praise obese people for their body positivity and being brave! It's incredibly messed up how something that's clearly bad for you is being praised these days. What's next, tell people who smoke to be proud of it?

Don't get me started on the fat and proud bullshit....like FUCK! So it's just fine to be a fucking lard ass stuffing your fat greasy mouth with anything you can reach and grab, but If you take care of yourself and just so happen to use a few PED'S well then your lifestyle is unhealthy and unnatural and all that other fucking nonsense lol! Crazy times we live in now :(

I agree with the fatty praise, wtf, and when my dad hit us we damn well deserved it!

I've got one: when you're watching a movie and someone is shooting a semi auto firearm of any kind, runs out of ammo, and the gun goes "click, click, click"

This ruins a movie for me, and if I'm not in a theater I will turn it off, or leave the room if others continue to watch. Drives me nutz!

I agree with the fatty praise, wtf, and when my dad hit us we damn well deserved it!

I've got one: when you're watching a movie and someone is shooting a semi auto firearm of any kind, runs out of ammo, and the gun goes "click, click, click"

This ruins a movie for me, and if I'm not in a theater I will turn it off, or leave the room if others continue to watch. Drives me nutz!

Fuck yah dude lol......that's good shit :) I'm into physics so I cringe at all the bad/completely wrong science I see in almost every god damn movie being put out! Black holes DO NOT EXPLODE, you absolutely can NOT side swipe a laser blast/beam and you can In NO DAMN WAY grow potatoes on Mars even if you have water and poop lol! The inaccuracies drive me mad and what makes it worse is that people actually believe this shit is true :p

Thank you for quantifying this. I've never known how to describe my annoyance until now: I'm a fan of physics 💡

Well to be clear I wholeheartedly believe in the sciences as opposed to others who believe in a flat Earth and supernatural beings who live in the clouds or in lava lakes below us lol. When people say carbon dating is junk science I'm all like AHH HA HA HA HA BITCH lol :)

Some of the in accuracy is so noticeable in movies that you go ... why didn't the writers research this a bit better to make it look real especially in fighting scenes ... get better stunt doubles that can actually do a proper back side kick or reverse turning kick ffs. I hate movies that start doing the shaky camera and numerous cuts in the fighting scenes to try and make ppl who haven't acquired the skill to do certain things appear a little better ... it looks like shit. I turn these types of movies off. That shit Just Grinds my Gears lol :cool:(y)

Fuck.... you know what really grinds my gears is... people at work who have the knowledge about something that you need but they do not share. I just started back to work and I had to get my laptop loaded with a bunch of development tools from a shared drive. When I started my PC there were no shared drives that showed up on my pc. I message a laptop support guy and he said 'you have to put in a ticket to get your privileges elevated' to activate network sharing on your computer. So I start doing a ticket ... could I find out how to put such a ticket in on the menu of the ticket portal ... Nooo. Had to call the guy back. He gave me a long document on how to enter a ticket. Got that done and I waited. Was dead in the water. So I thought of another approach, a guy who was suppose to provide me support... I message him and ask him if he could down load the zip file off the shared drive to a usb drive and I would come over and pick it up. The fucker never answered me back the whole day and his messenger light said he was available .. those type of ppl I could ring their fucking neck cause I believe in helping others out. i eventually called the ticket desk and got ahold of the person that was assigned my ticket and asked her nicely if she could up my privileges. She said she was very busy but she did it within a half an hour. The girl was a saint and I will not forget that either. PEOPLE THAT DON"T HELP OTHERS OUT AND THEY CAN ... that really grinds my gears.