What really grinds your gears?

BSL....it absolutely infuriates me!
which bsl?

AcronymDefinition
BSLBritish Sign Language
BSLBreed Specific Legislation (dog breeds)
BSLBiosafety Level
BSLBusiness Services Ltd. (various locations)
BSLBrookdale Senior Living (Brentwood, TN)
BSLBachelors of Law (various schools)
BSLBusiness Systems Limited (various locations)
BSLBootstrap Loader (microprocessors)
BSLBsp List
BSLBusiness Standard Ltd. (India)
BSLBaby Sign Language
BSLBestseller List
BSLBenchmarks for Science Literacy (education)
BSLBlood Sugar Level
BSLBharati Shipyard Ltd. (India)
BSLWilliam S. Boyd School of Law (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
BSLBelow Sea-Level
BSLBeach Soccer League (various locations)
BSLBase Stock Level (Military inventory)
BSLBank of Sierra Leone
BSLBroad Street Line (Philadelphia subway)
BSLBusiness Strategies Limited (Trinidad)
BSLBuilding Setback Lines
BSLBarclays Stockbrokers Limited (UK)
BSLBest Straight Line
BSLBoyne Smelters Limited (QLD, Australia)
BSLBalto-Slavic (linguistics)
BSLBadger State Logistics (Waupun, WI)
BSLBasel, Switzerland - Basel (Airport Code)
BSLBachelor of Science in Law
BSLBeaver Scout Leader (UK scouting)
BSLBuilding Standards Law (various locations)
BSLBéatrice Saint-Laurent (French art gallery)
BSLBiohazard Safety Level
BSLBright Solutions Logistics (Saudi Arabia)
BSLBird, Stewart, and Lightfoot (chemical engineering book)
BSLBoost Software License (open source license)
BSLEuro Airport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (cirport code)
BSLBertinot Sanitaire Location (French portable restroom rental company)
BSLBoundary Scan Logic (semiconductors)
BSLBasic Switching Impulse Insulation Level
BSLBra Strap Length (hair length)
BSLBlue Starlight (comic)
BSLBlue Screen of Life (Windows NT boot screen)
BSLBiologic Space Labs (Metroid Fusion game)
BSLBaltic Sea Level
BSLBretagne Services Logistiques (French: Brittany Logistical Services; Brittany, France)
BSLBachelor of Sacred Literature
BSLBroadway Show League
BSLBachelor of Science in Linguistics
BSLBatiment de Soutien Logistique (Marine)
BSLBlue Sky Logistics
BSLBureau de la Sécurité des Laboratoires (French: Security Bureau of Laboratories; Canada)
BSLBachelor of Science in Languages
BSLBlood Service Letter (American Red Cross Biomedical Services)
BSLBasic Scripting Language
BSLBordeaux Saint Louis (French employment agency)
BSLBiological Scripting Language
BSLBasic Systems List
BSLBinary Segment Leader
BSLBusiness Section Layer
BSLBillards Services et Loisirs (French: Billiards and Recreation Services)
😁

which bsl?

AcronymDefinition
BSLBritish Sign Language
BSLBreed Specific Legislation (dog breeds)
BSLBiosafety Level
BSLBusiness Services Ltd. (various locations)
BSLBrookdale Senior Living (Brentwood, TN)
BSLBachelors of Law (various schools)
BSLBusiness Systems Limited (various locations)
BSLBootstrap Loader (microprocessors)
BSLBsp List
BSLBusiness Standard Ltd. (India)
BSLBaby Sign Language
BSLBestseller List
BSLBenchmarks for Science Literacy (education)
BSLBlood Sugar Level
BSLBharati Shipyard Ltd. (India)
BSLWilliam S. Boyd School of Law (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
BSLBelow Sea-Level
BSLBeach Soccer League (various locations)
BSLBase Stock Level (Military inventory)
BSLBank of Sierra Leone
BSLBroad Street Line (Philadelphia subway)
BSLBusiness Strategies Limited (Trinidad)
BSLBuilding Setback Lines
BSLBarclays Stockbrokers Limited (UK)
BSLBest Straight Line
BSLBoyne Smelters Limited (QLD, Australia)
BSLBalto-Slavic (linguistics)
BSLBadger State Logistics (Waupun, WI)
BSLBasel, Switzerland - Basel (Airport Code)
BSLBachelor of Science in Law
BSLBeaver Scout Leader (UK scouting)
BSLBuilding Standards Law (various locations)
BSLBéatrice Saint-Laurent (French art gallery)
BSLBiohazard Safety Level
BSLBright Solutions Logistics (Saudi Arabia)
BSLBird, Stewart, and Lightfoot (chemical engineering book)
BSLBoost Software License (open source license)
BSLEuro Airport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (cirport code)
BSLBertinot Sanitaire Location (French portable restroom rental company)
BSLBoundary Scan Logic (semiconductors)
BSLBasic Switching Impulse Insulation Level
BSLBra Strap Length (hair length)
BSLBlue Starlight (comic)
BSLBlue Screen of Life (Windows NT boot screen)
BSLBiologic Space Labs (Metroid Fusion game)
BSLBaltic Sea Level
BSLBretagne Services Logistiques (French: Brittany Logistical Services; Brittany, France)
BSLBachelor of Sacred Literature
BSLBroadway Show League
BSLBachelor of Science in Linguistics
BSLBatiment de Soutien Logistique (Marine)
BSLBlue Sky Logistics
BSLBureau de la Sécurité des Laboratoires (French: Security Bureau of Laboratories; Canada)
BSLBachelor of Science in Languages
BSLBlood Service Letter (American Red Cross Biomedical Services)
BSLBasic Scripting Language
BSLBordeaux Saint Louis (French employment agency)
BSLBiological Scripting Language
BSLBasic Systems List
BSLBinary Segment Leader
BSLBusiness Section Layer
BSLBillards Services et Loisirs (French: Billiards and Recreation Services)
😁

Knowing @BunkMass, I would venture to guess he is referring to Breed Specific Legislation. I agree with him.

BSL - Breed Specific Legislation

It’s why we cannot have pitbulls in Ontario.
I agree. A very gentle breed if raised properly. Bullies are awesome dogs. It's politics and fucking stupid people that results in a negative mentality toward a dog breed.

I agree. Those same people who demonize it and talk about its negative affect on your health no matter what are most likely the same folks who have a can of coke, bag of doritos and a chocolate bar for breakfast and smoke and drink. It sucks that there a lot of incorrect information out there. What grinds my gears even more than that is that people are so friggin lazy they don't even bother to research a subject before speaking on it.
Hey, I do that and run gear, lol.

As far as the gear conversation. More than one obese, gasping for air customer has asked me why I spend so much time working out. Some even asked steroids because they figure at my age, you can’t get in shape without it.
Anyhow I get the last laugh. I don’t think 300 mg of test is a co morbidity for Covid, but obesity, high plod pressure and diabetes is top three. I wonder if I were to guess who’s going to live thru this, me or them?

Last edited:
Reactions: PGM
What really grinds my gears is this....its a number of things actually.
-The increased number of people who completely lack the ability to think for themselves.
-Having to take everyone's feelings into account and the fact the something can be, even if its not just because someone feels a certain way.
-Participation ribbons.
-Everyone is equal.
-Socalism.

Just read Bidden picked his VP.. a black woman.. read that he literally said that he was oging to pick a black woman just because they are a black woman lol..

Like how in the fuck would you feel if you got elected to a position because of your gender and skin colour??? I'd be mortified and turn it down because I Wasn't elected because they felt I was the best person for the job.

Tired of reading news/social media and how they can't say a fucking thing without including gender/sexuality/skin colour..

This mentality just perpetuates racism/sexism etc..

I know it is really crazy. The fun and motivation back in the day was winning and earning what you got and you had to work hard for it. Also if you stepped out of line when I was young there were consequences, my dad slapped me up side my head. I think a lot of politics and bending backward for soft/sensitive people that shouted loud enough about

-taking the straps out of schools
-no death penalty ( come on if there are forensics to definitive say someone planned and murdered someone in cold blood, they should no longer be breathing)
-participation ribbons
-no score games
-can't discipline your child
- etc etc

We have gotten very soft over the last number of years as a society, that will not bode well for future generations.
Enuff said, we as individuals will not have a major effect on these issues ... only a significant/catastrophic event of some nature will turn this around

I dont think the strap has a place in schools personally. I'm ok with parents spanking if done right and for the right reasons, but the strap doesn't fall into the same category for me personally. Personally spanking is effective up until a specific age / maturity level, after that point the effect spankings have on a kid aren't the same.

Im willnig to agree to disagree, but thats just my thourghts

Just read Bidden picked his VP.. a black woman.. read that he literally said that he was oging to pick a black woman just because they are a black woman lol..

Like how in the fuck would you feel if you got elected to a position because of your gender and skin colour??? I'd be mortified and turn it down because I Wasn't elected because they felt I was the best person for the job.

Tired of reading news/social media and how they can't say a fucking thing without including gender/sexuality/skin colour..

The liberal party did a survey on the phone here. One question was did I agree or strongly disagree with the, only allowing a female mp to run to make things more gender equal.
Isn’t that the opposite if equality. Sounds like discrimination against men due to their gender.

I dont think the strap has a place in schools personally. I'm ok with parents spanking if done right and for the right reasons, but the strap doesn't fall into the same category for me personally. Personally spanking is effective up until a specific age / maturity level, after that point the effect spankings have on a kid aren't the same.

I never really spank my grandson. When he was younger, and he did something that could have turned into a place where I would have disciplined, I would tell him this little story.

I’d thank him because I told him it was the highlight if a parents life to be able to spank their children. That we wait hoping that they will do something bad so we can experience this pleasure.

I would beg him, saying please be bad, come on,

Anyhow he’d tell me he was wrecking it for me and wasn’t going to be bad, lol.

The liberal party did a survey on the phone here. One question was did I agree or strongly disagree with the, only allowing a female mp to run to make things more gender equal.
Isn’t that the opposite if equality. Sounds like discrimination against men due to their gender.

As long as we continue to treat all people anything other than human there will always been racism, sexism etc..

I never really spank my grandson. When he was younger, and he did something that could have turned into a place where I would have disciplined, I would tell him this little story.

I’d thank him because I told him it was the highlight if a parents life to be able to spank their children. That we wait hoping that they will do something bad so we can experience this pleasure.

I would beg him, saying please be bad, come on,

Anyhow he’d tell me he was wrecking it for me and wasn’t going to be bad, lol.

My daughter is witty and intelligent enough to get that, my son is a block head and woudl tell me "I'll flush you down the toilet dadda" in response

Exactly! I would too. Those type of moves devalue a person/position completely. Its a insult to the person who gets it as well as the people who don't.

That is fine. Grade 1 I got the strap 11 times ... I did not care as it was not that much of a deterrent lol ... as it was not as painful as the fun I was having not obeying the teachers. And I agree after the child gets to a certain level of under standing what is right and what is wrong I found discussion and tone is what worked better with my child. I tell you though when my dad gave me the strap I did not get him upset for a long while later. We were in the military so it was a different type of strictness that was tolerated and kept the kids in line, but only when you stepped over the line big time. Opinions on different types of discipline will always differ, as long as the punishment was to try and correct the childs behavior then that is fine, if it goes beyond that it isn't.

There is so much misinformation out there about AAS. People think you can run a cycle and go from a twig to the Hulk overnight, without putting any work in. They don't realize it's a tool for pushing past your limits, like you said.

Then there are the ones who hear you've done a cycle and from that day forward you are the guy who is "on steroids". You know what I'm talking about:

Person A: "Whoa that guy is ripped"
Person B: "Yeah, but he's on steroids"

😑
Only ever admitted this to a former pro that owned the gym I frequented.Nobody else.

That is fine. Grade 1 I got the strap 11 times ... I did not care as it was not that much of a deterrent lol ... as it was not as painful as the fun I was having not obeying the teachers. And I agree after the child gets to a certain level of under standing what is right and what is wrong I found discussion and tone is what worked better with my child. I tell you though when my dad gave me the strap I did not get him upset for a long while later. We were in the military so it was a different type of strictness that was tolerated and kept the kids in line, but only when you stepped over the line big time. Opinions on different types of discipline will always differ, as long as the punishment was to try and correct the childs behavior then that is fine, if it goes beyond that it isn't.

I come from a military family and my father never hit me. I just knew when he gave me that CPO look I had better stop. If my brother and I were caught fighting we had to don the Boxing gloves for a couple of rounds.
Punishment and kids, eh?

One of the biggest things that “grind my gears”

people who think they have to drink at social gatherings or events to have fun.. You know that you can have fun without drinking right? Such a simple minded way of living. I have friends that drink every night every weekend, and I don’t hang out with them as much anymore. It’s a very plebeian thing to do.

same goes with people who have to smoke weed all the time. Does life really suck that bad that you can’t just experience life how it is sober? These people I know that do this don’t have any mental or real life problems, they are just caught up in needing to feel that way because that’s what they are used too. They don’t see how dumb or forgetful or lazy or desensitized it makes them, but from the outside looking in - I can easily see it.

if you want to drink occasionally or smoke a little from time to time, I don’t care. But to be so dependent on it to enjoy your time, thats different.

I guess it shouldn’t bother me because it doesn’t effect me, but it does.