What really grinds your gears?

One of the biggest things that “grind my gears”

people who think they have to drink at social gatherings or events to have fun.. You know that you can have fun without drinking right? Such a simple minded way of living. I have friends that drink every night every weekend, and I don’t hang out with them as much anymore. It’s a very plebeian thing to do.

same goes with people who have to smoke weed all the time. Does life really suck that bad that you can’t just experience life how it is sober? These people I know that do this don’t have any mental or real life problems, they are just caught up in needing to feel that way because that’s what they are used too. They don’t see how dumb or forgetful or lazy or desensitized it makes them, but from the outside looking in - I can easily see it.

if you want to drink occasionally or smoke a little from time to time, I don’t care. But to be so dependent on it to enjoy your time, thats different.

I guess it shouldn’t bother me because it doesn’t effect me, but it does.

There goes your invite for a beer with @biguglynewf and I.

people who think they have to drink at social gatherings or events to have fun.. You know that you can have fun without drinking right? Such a simple minded way of living. I have friends that drink every night every weekend, and I don’t hang out with them as much anymore. It’s a very plebeian thing to do.

same goes with people who have to smoke weed all the time. Does life really suck that bad that you can’t just experience life how it is sober? These people I know that do this don’t have any mental or real life problems, they are just caught up in needing to feel that way because that’s what they are used too. They don’t see how dumb or forgetful or lazy or desensitized it makes them, but from the outside looking in - I can easily see it.

if you want to drink occasionally or smoke a little from time to time, I don’t care. But to be so dependent on it to enjoy your time, thats different.

Sort of along the same lines...

Bothers me when other people feel that in social situations I must have a drink or two. Show up at a small gathering and someone offers me a drink, I appriciate the offer, but more often than not I'll decline politely... This is fine, but when I decline and get the "oh come on.. have a drink" or the "come on just have a drink" or "don't be like that, just have one" etc.. That bother me..

When I was around 16/17 and found my love of weight lifting, I literally gave up drinking, yet went to parties every single Friday and Saturday night.. It irratated me how much people at these parties thought I had to drink to be social or not drinking was just stupid..

Lol.. then I became an adult and thought the pressure to drink from peers on social events would stop and quickly found out even 30, 40, 50 and 60 year olds act the same and feel everyone needs to have a drink or too when socializing..

I always wonder if the people pressuring others to drink think they scored a victory by getting someoen to drink who clearly doesn't want to !?!

Along the same lines as well.... I don;t get "pot heads" either.. Even as a teen I didn't understand their life stlye or how they could live that way...

But, I know many many many profffesionals, motivated, athletes etc who do smoke pot nearly everyday.. But they aren't what I'd call pot heads.. They dont smoke all day or during the day.. They don't try to accomplish their tasks for the day after a smoke...

Sort of along the same lines...

Bothers me when other people feel that in social situations I must have a drink or two. Show up at a small gathering and someone offers me a drink, I appriciate the offer, but more often than not I'll decline politely... This is fine, but when I decline and get the "oh come on.. have a drink" or the "come on just have a drink" or "don't be like that, just have one" etc.. That bother me..

When I was around 16/17 and found my love of weight lifting, I literally gave up drinking, yet went to parties every single Friday and Saturday night.. It irratated me how much people at these parties thought I had to drink to be social or not drinking was just stupid..

Lol.. then I became an adult and thought the pressure to drink from peers on social events would stop and quickly found out even 30, 40, 50 and 60 year olds act the same and feel everyone needs to have a drink or too when socializing..

I always wonder if the people pressuring others to drink think they scored a victory by getting someoen to drink who clearly doesn't want to !?!

exactly

I come from a military family and my father never hit me. I just knew when he gave me that CPO look I had better stop. If my brother and I were caught fighting we had to don the Boxing gloves for a couple of rounds.
Punishment and kids, eh?
I guess there is no one right answer to this very subjective question 'How do I correct my kids'. I got smacked a bunch of times and at the same time my parents showed me a lot of love and caring, helped me all through their lives. I guess there has to be balance of both discipline and caring that allows children to turn out ok. I found my tone is all I needed with my child to emphasize what was tolerate and what wasn't. However I have seen some children push their parents to the point if it was my child... boy ... a good swat on the ass would have been in order to bring that kid out of their insanity (tantrum).

I guess it would bother me if it was me, a close friend or a family member. Others that is totally up to them.

I do agree with your statement that ppl should not have to drink or smoke dope to enjoy there lives. It should just be an occasional indulgence not a dependence. Sometimes it is difficult to get out of the rabbit hole once you get down in there deep, but you have to find a way.

I had an issue with alcohol when I was working in a field that I totally hated, accounting. I followed my brother into that field as I did not know what I wanted to do when I went to university my first time so I did Commerce with a major in accounting as I was good with numbers... loved math. When I graduated I got offers from accounting firms. I worked in the auditing and accounting field for 10 years, I hated it but it was good money and I did not know what else to shift to. To make a long story short I was introduced to systems and programming, I went back to School at 33 and got my Computer Science degree. I loved doing this stuff, retired now. My drinking stopped and I started doing a lot of other things I enjoyed including powerlifting.

I got my drinking under control on my own but a lot of people can't dig themselves out that hole and they don't seek help sometimes until its too late

But yeah, excessive drinking is a waste of time and life :)

Exactly! I would too. Those type of moves devalue a person/position completely. Its a insult to the person who gets it as well as the people who don't.
These people are politicians... black or white ... they have been kissing each others ass and manipulating the public for years, they are having fun and living the good life. They don't give a shit that the choice may appear racist to some cause Biden is choosing a black woman to make the people believe he is not racist, and he thinks this will one up Trump (notice its a woman ... and from what I have read Biden likes to squeeze women lol).

This world and the world leaders have gone into the toilet. Look at Trudeau ffs what he has done in terms of corruption and giving money to charities that his family and friends are benefiting from ... all he does is apologize and it is business as usual, He is criminal but because he's the Prime Minister and our economy has not gone in the toilet yet and not enough people are suffering he is able to get away with it.

These people are politicians... black or white ... they have been kissing each others ass and manipulating the public for years, they are having fun and living the good life. They don't give a shit that the choice may appear racist to some cause Biden is choosing a black woman to make the people believe he is not racist, and he thinks this will one up Trump (notice its a woman ... and from what I have read Biden likes to squeeze women lol).

This world and the world leaders have gone into the toilet. Look at Trudeau ffs what he has done in terms of corruption and giving money to charities that his family and friends are benefiting from ... all he does is apologize and it is business as usual, He is criminal but because he's the Prime Minister and our economy has not gone in the toilet yet and not enough people are suffering he is able to get away with it.
Oh I know....this leads back to my earlier post when I touched on people not knowing how to think for themselves. Its mind boggling. A lot if people would rather be lead, and it doesn't even matter by who than ever make a decision for themselves. I dont understand why? Fear, lack of self confidence? Probably both. It just makes no sense to me.

When I was young I rememebr my dad telling me to believe none of what I read and half of what I see. He was close. I think now its more like believe none of either! Lol

I'm starting to understand more and more as I get older what the statement 'money is the root of all evil' really means. I highly doubt if money wasn't involved the majority of the corruption wouldn't exist in the world. Lots of money in the wrong hands is surely a nightmare, as we are witnessing now, all over the world.

Only ever admitted this to a former pro that owned the gym I frequented.Nobody else.

I've actually never admitted it to anyone but my wife and a close friend, but I've heard that crap said about a few of the big guys at my (former) gym. Heck, even in high school there were the guys who were "on steroids" lol.

Reactions: PGM
I've actually never admitted it to anyone but my wife and a close friend, but I've heard that crap said about a few of the big guys at my (former) gym. Heck, even in high school there were the guys who were "on steroids" lol.
The e were guys on my football team using at 15.

This is quite petty but guys wearing tights at the gym ... More when they r floral ... Come on. Lol

I used to party so much, not much anymore, but I do still like getting drunk once in a while. Now the next day I'm not happy about it, lol.