What really grinds your gears?

PGM

Trusted Member
People that don't read anything about AAS's, know only what they hear in the media about cheaters, and they judge and condemn people that use … this really grinds my gears.

Brian Williams, who use to announce the Canadian Olympics, never shut his mouth about 'Drug Cheats' ... he always took the negative slant on the use of AAS's. I could not stand the prick, I watched the USA Olympic coverage so I did not have to hear him banter on about it. No wonder everyone took a negative view towards it. He doesn't, or maybe he does, realize without performance enhancing drugs, athletic performance in the most rigorous sports such as cycling, sprinting, shot put, hammer throw, discus, weightlifting and many others would not have the level of performance seen today and people would not show up in droves to watch as they do now.

I have had women and guys at fitness clubs talks about juice and say things like … doesn't it give guys small limp dicks, aren't most juicers gay, why would anyone want to stick that stuff in them, that stuff gives you roid rage … give me a break. Some of these people were substantially overweight and out of shape so it was the tea cup calling the kettle black ( I hope that isn't racist :) ) Why the hell would these people constantly ram humongous amounts of food into their faces and allow themselves to get so out of shape, taking the risk of getting diabetes and/or heart disease. Wasn't this as bad or worse that the risk of taking some AAS's. F**king hypocrites.

I see using AAS as an extension of going beyond the limitations the human condition has restricted us to. Honestly, wasn't it exciting when Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds were hammering baseballs out of the park, and setting records for home runs. Everyone thought it was great and they were seen as gods. Then, I think it was Jose Canseco who published a book exposing himself and others (Mark McGwire for sure) saying he had taken steroids with them, what an ahole, no friends among thieves. I say open up all sports to AAS use, lets see some ground breaking accomplishments rather than stay in the ice age, where weak people who want to compete but who don't want others to improve significantly over them, who would never win anyway if they took AAS's and just want to hold everyone else back.

That shit really grinds my gears

People that don't read anything about AAS's, know only what they hear in the media about cheaters, and they judge and condemn people that use … this really grinds my gears.

Brian Williams, who use to announce the Canadian Olympics, never shut his mouth about 'Drug Cheats' ... he always took the negative slant on the use of AAS's. I could not stand the prick, I watched the USA Olympic coverage so I did not have to hear him banter on about it. No wonder everyone took a negative view towards it. He doesn't, or maybe he does, realize without performance enhancing drugs, athletic performance in the most rigorous sports such as cycling, sprinting, shot put, hammer throw, discus, weightlifting and many others would not have the level of performance seen today and people would not show up in droves to watch as they do now.

I have had women and guys at fitness clubs talks about juice and say things like … doesn't it give guys small limp dicks, aren't most juicers gay, why would anyone want to stick that stuff in them, that stuff gives you roid rage … give me a break. Some of these people were substantially overweight and out of shape so it was the tea cup calling the kettle black ( I hope that isn't racist :) ) Why the hell would these people constantly ram humongous amounts of food into their faces and allow themselves to get so out of shape, taking the risk of getting diabetes and/or heart disease. Wasn't this as bad or worse that the risk of taking some AAS's. F**king hypocrites.

I see using AAS as an extension of going beyond the limitations the human condition has restricted us to. Honestly, wasn't it exciting when Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds were hammering baseballs out of the park, and setting records for home runs. Everyone thought it was great and they were seen as gods. Then, I think it was Jose Canseco who published a book exposing himself and others (Mark McGwire for sure) saying he had taken steroids with them, what an ahole, no friends among thieves. I say open up all sports to AAS use, lets see some ground breaking accomplishments rather than stay in the ice age, where weak people who want to compete but who don't want others to improve significantly over them, who would never win anyway if they took AAS's and just want to hold everyone else back.

That shit really grinds my gears
MMA Modified Class :)

There is so much misinformation out there about AAS. People think you can run a cycle and go from a twig to the Hulk overnight, without putting any work in. They don't realize it's a tool for pushing past your limits, like you said.

Then there are the ones who hear you've done a cycle and from that day forward you are the guy who is "on steroids". You know what I'm talking about:

Person A: "Whoa that guy is ripped"
Person B: "Yeah, but he's on steroids"

😑

I agree. Those same people who demonize it and talk about its negative affect on your health no matter what are most likely the same folks who have a can of coke, bag of doritos and a chocolate bar for breakfast and smoke and drink. It sucks that there a lot of incorrect information out there. What grinds my gears even more than that is that people are so friggin lazy they don't even bother to research a subject before speaking on it.

Yep they immediately jump to he's on steroids if your big or you lift heavy. I did not start steroids until I was 50 and I powerlifted before that and I made some great gains before using. People always asked me what I was taking. I said food and hard training. And there are so many ppl that are too lazy to read and research. Shit all you have to do is a search for anything online and voila instant Video or article. U do have to verify the source I find a lot. If some skinny little shit is telling me how to deadlift he better have a video showing me he can heft at least 5 plates a side or I am not reading or listening.... And personal training certificates don't count lol. Jesus I did my first weld and set up of my welder... It wasn't that great weld but it worked ...from watching video and reading articles online.

I found I get irritated by anoyying things more than anything, things like talking loud in quiet areas, chewing loud, etc. But I just try and ignore it

I could care less what people think about steroids, it’s their opinion and doesn’t affect me

The suicide rate. We have to plug the cracks in our system.
I remember going to Camh once, pretty much was no help at all, if anything it made things worse. Pretty hard to get decent help, at least that was my experience.

I remember going to Camh once, pretty much was no help at all, if anything it made things worse. Pretty hard to get decent help, at least that was my experience.

It can be hit and miss with CAMH. The intake system can suck at times. Often it is much better hitting your ER.

What really grinds my gears is this....its a number of things actually.
-The increased number of people who completely lack the ability to think for themselves.
-Having to take everyone's feelings into account and the fact the something can be, even if its not just because someone feels a certain way.
-Participation ribbons.
-Everyone is equal.
-Socalism.

@Novitec Oh man, I feel you on this sensitivity bullshit, It has gotten way out of hand if you post or say anything these days FFS. Can't say anything that might appear to be racist even though it isn't, can't offend the Lesbian and Gay community or say anything against gender choosing. You will get your head torn off even if your not saying anything hateful. Free speech but only if the sensitive public agrees with it. I just shut my mouth most of the time... and other times I will say things to torment the sensitive... lol

What really grinds my gears is this....its a number of things actually.
-The increased number of people who completely lack the ability to think for themselves.
-Having to take everyone's feelings into account and the fact the something can be, even if its not just because someone feels a certain way.
-Participation ribbons.
-Everyone is equal.
-Socalism.
haha, participation ribbons... have never put one of those things on my vehicle

haha, participation ribbons... have never put one of those things on my vehicle

Lol the whole thing insane. People getting rewarded just for showing up. Give me a break. Talk about a great way to just make the majority of people lazy! I've heard about young kids playing sports now and they dont even keep score! Like WTF is that?! Bro, I swear I feel like I should have been born in a different time or that I'm from another planet or something lol. I have no idea how things went so far south.

Reactions: PGM
Lol the whole thing insane. People getting rewarded just for showing up. Give me a break. Talk about a great way to just make the majority of people lazy! I've heard about young kids playing sports now and they dont even keep score! Like WTF is that?! Bro, I swear I feel like I should have been born in a different time or that I'm from another planet or something lol. I have no idea how things went so far south.
I know it is really crazy. The fun and motivation back in the day was winning and earning what you got and you had to work hard for it. Also if you stepped out of line when I was young there were consequences, my dad slapped me up side my head. I think a lot of politics and bending backward for soft/sensitive people that shouted loud enough about

-taking the straps out of schools
-no death penalty ( come on if there are forensics to definitive say someone planned and murdered someone in cold blood, they should no longer be breathing)
-participation ribbons
-no score games
-can't discipline your child
- etc etc

We have gotten very soft over the last number of years as a society, that will not bode well for future generations.
Enuff said, we as individuals will not have a major effect on these issues ... only a significant/catastrophic event of some nature will turn this around

I know it is really crazy. The fun and motivation back in the day was winning and earning what you got and you had to work hard for it. Also if you stepped out of line when I was young there were consequences, my dad slapped me up side my head. I think a lot of politics and bending backward for soft/sensitive people that shouted loud enough about

-taking the straps out of schools
-no death penalty ( come on if there are forensics to definitive say someone planned and murdered someone in cold blood, they should no longer be breathing)
-participation ribbons
-no score games
-can't discipline your child
- etc etc

We have gotten very soft over the last number of years as a society, that will not bode well for future generations.
Enuff said, we as individuals will not have a major effect on these issues ... only a significant/catastrophic event of some nature will turn this around

Ya man! That was the great part about it. If you wanted to be recognized you needed to perform well at whatever it was you were doing. There was first, second and third and that was it! Now all you have to do is cry lol.

Oh man I got lots of lickings too lol. And I never once thought is was abuse. I knew If I did something I wasnt supposed to do there would be consequences! Now, a lot of ths time I did those things anyways and hoped I wouldn't get caught lol. Sometimes I'd win, sometimes I'd lose.