SHREDZEPPELIN - First Cycle Log

Here is a link to the method @403muaythai is talking about

Pretty interesting style. I think this would be something I could get on board with for sure.
This is how my strength coach trains me for strength it worked well for me

This is how my strength coach trains me for strength it worked well for me
I never like the old 3 sets 10reps style that my buddies were doing when I first started, I began looking at different methods and landed on the 5x5 style, that really helped my build strength and size in a hurry. But I hadn’t heard of this method before. Might give it a shot and see how it goes.

Cool! I do appreciate that advice cause I’m definitely the definition of a hardgainer. I tend to put on more fat than muscle when I eat more. Will start adding more and more calories. When you say 4000-4500 are you factoring calories burned in workouts? Right now at 3200 I’ll add an extra 600 or so on lifting days. So 5/7 days a week I’m eating at least 3800 calories. Could definitely work my way up to 4000-4500 though. Just need to know if that’s on top of net

The training program linked looks pretty similar to the one that I’m using now. Mine is split into Upper, Lower, rest... push, pull, legs. With all the same compound lifts in there, just a little variation. Reps range from 8-10 for main compound lifts and 12-15 for more targeted/isolated muscle lifts. Will see if there’s anything I can pull from this program as well.

thanks fellas!

I never like the old 3 sets 10reps style that my buddies were doing when I first started, I began looking at different methods and landed on the 5x5 style, that really helped my build strength and size in a hurry. But I hadn’t heard of this method before. Might give it a shot and see how it goes.
Yeah in my early days I would do 2-3 months of high rep, lower weight 15-20 reps. Then I’d do the old 10 reps for 3-4 sets a couple month and then 5x5.
Got this program from my buddy who played D1 college football.

Cool! I do appreciate that advice cause I’m definitely the definition of a hardgainer. I tend to put on more fat than muscle when I eat more. Will start adding more and more calories. When you say 4000-4500 are you factoring calories burned in workouts? Right now at 3200 I’ll add an extra 600 or so on lifting days. So 5/7 days a week I’m eating at least 3800 calories. Could definitely work my way up to 4000-4500 though. Just need to know if that’s on top of net

The training program linked looks pretty similar to the one that I’m using now. Mine is split into Upper, Lower, rest... push, pull, legs. With all the same compound lifts in there, just a little variation. Reps range from 8-10 for main compound lifts and 12-15 for more targeted/isolated muscle lifts. Will see if there’s anything I can pull from this program as well.

thanks fellas!
The thing about these programs is they aren't designed to have you see if you can pull anything from, they are designed for you to follow the program, thats how you know they work, don't expect to get anything from it if you don't dedicate yourself to it. Programs like this by West Side is proven, jus say'n.

The thing about these programs is they aren't designed to have you see if you can pull anything from, they are designed for you to follow the program, thats how you know they work, don't expect to get anything from it if you don't dedicate yourself to it. Programs like this by West Side is proven, jus say'n.
10000 percent lol

thanks fellas!
No I wasn’t factoring in workouts so ya 3800 is good and work ur way up

Your first cycle something is fuct up if you don’t gain like a mf I went from 190 to 240 in 16 weeks with 1000mg test 400 deca and first 6 weeks 100mg anadrol daily......

Check out Phil Daru as well he’s fuckin sick like the man for training combat athletes these days but he’s also a spin off of the west side method

Day 36:

Weight:
179.8 (up over 12 lbs from day 1 167)
Strength: Lifts are continually increasing in weight - Feeling very strong
Mental: I've been feeling really fucking "on" lately. I feel razor sharp, I think I'm funnier than usual. Laughing at my own jokes harder than anyone else laughs at them, but just in general feeling really happy. Turned 30 yesterday and I can say I've never felt better in my life, physically and mentally. Feels good rolling into my 30s like this.

Wanted to share what a very typical day of eating looks like for me. A lot of these foods are staples that I eat every day with a little variation. The app only gives breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, but I'm eating this stuff in usually 6-7 meals.

Definitely open to some feedback on this if you guys have any thoughts:

Food 1.JPGfood 2.JPG

Last edited:
Rolling into your 30s 😆😆😆😆 that’s not old at all bro hahahaha I had my first pro fight at 35 lmao I feel stronger than ever rn I’m 37

Fuck yeah! That's what I like to hear! I think a lot of people dread their thirties, but I consider it your prime!

I can second this, I feel better and look better in my thirties than I did in my twenties. Looks like you’re on the right track, keep it up!

P.s. you pasted some serious void space into that last message with your macros etc [emoji15]

I can second this, I feel better and look better in my thirties than I did in my twenties. Looks like you’re on the right track, keep it up!

P.s. you pasted some serious void space into that last message with your macros etc [emoji15]
Hmm weird! I re-uploaded as images for better formatting! And that's awesome to hear!

Day 37:

Today was pull day. Felt like I crushed it in the gym, but as I was getting ready to leave I started feeling a pain in my back... Feels like it's kind of behind my left shoulder blade... Hurts when I breathe in, and in pretty much any position... I've tried some stretching but nothing really seems to be helping it. Any advice here? Took some advil, but also no relief. Would taking a muscle relaxant help? It's a pretty sharp pain..

Day 37:

Today was pull day. Felt like I crushed it in the gym, but as I was getting ready to leave I started feeling a pain in my back... Feels like it's kind of behind my left shoulder blade... Hurts when I breathe in, and in pretty much any position... I've tried some stretching but nothing really seems to be helping it. Any advice here? Took some advil, but also no relief. Would taking a muscle relaxant help? It's a pretty sharp pain..
Don’t stretch it after u just freshly pulled it........this happens to me sometimes from shrugs or hex bar deads my advice just cough up the 50bux or whatever go see chiropractor u don’t wanna be wasting days taking time off from injury during cycle probly just need an adjustment heavy lifting shit gets tight and out of line especially when ur growing rapidly from aas

Don’t stretch it after u just freshly pulled it........this happens to me sometimes from shrugs or hex bar deads my advice just cough up the 50bux or whatever go see chiropractor u don’t wanna be wasting days taking time off from injury during cycle probly just need an adjustment heavy lifting shit gets tight and out of line especially when ur growing rapidly from aas
Ask him if he thinks massage is benefits after sometime when u pull something like that it needs to be adjusted and massaging makes it worse so go chirp first

thanks fellas!
I dont recommend 8 to 10 reps for deadlifts unless you have had a coach or someone who knows what they are doing check your form and that you hold it through the entire set
You stated that rep range for compound lifts

Day 37:

Not to be an alarmist but what you describe can also be a sign of a heart attack. Not one of the signs that is commonly discussed and I believe it is more common in women. Just something to keep in mind, had a close friend get dropped by a HA that started that way. Over a day or two, started with that then nausea then put him down on the floor. Buddy did survive, but lost a different friend that thought he had stomach flu, sore back then nausea.

Stay aware and safe bro.