SHREDZEPPELIN - First Cycle Log

SHREDZEPPELIN

Trusted Member
Hey CB!

I'm creating this thread as a way for me to log and journal my experience with my first steroid cycle.

I'll use @ABMonkey's formatting for my info here cause he laid it out so nicely in his log!

Goal: Build muscle/ gain size

Weight: 167
Height: 6'0
Training for: 5 years (on & off)
Cycle History: Ostarine MK2866 - 12 weeks

Diet: Currently eating about 2500 calories daily for maintenance. -- Will progressively increase up to 3500 daily within a month.
Supplements: Whey Protein, Casein, Fish Oils, Multi

Training: No specific program - Hitting the gym 5x weekly - Starting with higher rep/ low weight, moving towards lower rep, higher weight throughout the cycle.
Additional Training: Hike every Saturday as well as indoor rock climbing

Planned Cycle:
Test E @ 250mg/ml twice a week (Monday / Thursday). Running for 12-15 weeks
Planned PCT:
Already have Nolvadex, Clomid and HCG. Undecided as to whether to use all three or to blast HCG last 3-4 weeks of cycle and the use Nolva for PCT.
AI usage:
Have Arimidex on hand. May introduce if side effects are noticed.

Got my bloodwork completed this morning and came straight home and administered my first pin. Used a 23g needle and pinned my right glute. Was easier than expected. No shaky hands or nervousness really. No pain during or after injection.

Feeling super excited about this! Will try to update as much as possible along the way.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'll follow along.

Only things that I'd add would be:

- highly recommend just using Nolvadex for PCT.

- I find it easier tracking progress following some sort of program. If working out like that works for you, then ignore what I said lol

- I'd look at using smaller gauge needles over time. You're going want to rotate pin spots and I wouldn't go anywhere near a lot of places with a 23g. I use a 23g for drawing lol. Look into 25's/27's for DG then I use 30g for everywhere else.

All looks good, well organized cycle. Enjoy!

I'll follow along.

Only things that I'd add would be:

- highly recommend just using Nolvadex for PCT.

- I find it easier tracking progress following some sort of program. If working out like that works for you, then ignore what I said lol

- I'd look at using smaller gauge needles over time. You're going want to rotate pin spots and I wouldn't go anywhere near a lot of places with a 23g. I use a 23g for drawing lol. Look into 25's/27's for DG then I use 30g for everywhere else.

All looks good, well organized cycle. Enjoy!
Thanks man! Will def look into those things. Just curious, why only Nolva for PCT? And any particular program you'd reccomend? Definitely open to new ideas!

Thanks man! Will def look into those things. Just curious, why only Nolva for PCT? And any particular program you'd reccomend? Definitely open to new ideas!
Low to no sides, does the job, the less ancillaries the better, clomid sucks for most people ...... lol a million reasons. I ran 20mg for 8 weeks but if I were doing it again, I think 10mg ED for 6-8 weeks is sufficient.

Loads, it literally depends on what type of training you like. Right now I like low volume/high intensity but have trained high vol before and also enjoyed that. Mountaindog has some great programs if you want to start there. I only train for BB so you'd have to ask another member if strength/powerlifting is your goal.

Good luck and enjoy the cycle, ill follow along.

Last edited:
In for the follow but just a suggestion. Increasing your caloric intake by 1000 calories which is a 40% increase is a massive jump. I know you want to grow and eating is the way to do it but just a suggestion - do this in increments of 250 calories. Add 250 calories of quality (real food) for a few weeks and check the results with before and after pics.
If you not getting the progress you want, up it 250 again but make sure it is real food - quality cuts of meat or complex carbs.

I'm with you on increasing your calories but 1000 in 30 days which is almost half your caloric intake now is a shock to the system. With the addition of 250 calories every two weeks, you should put quality size on and less fat.

Just my take and how I do it, I'm no coach and Funnyman may disagree. If he does, listen to him.

Good luck on this.
GR

Great looking log, and a textbook first cycle. I’m with ABmonkey you should have a more clear focus for your training. Otherwise you may just end up chasing the pump, which will feel great from the added test. I’m sure you’ll still wield results, but you wouldn’t be optimizing them.

I would focus on a straight forward hypertrophy focused program. Stick with that program until you hit a plateau, but if you are seeing continued results, I wouldn’t try to change anything except maybe adding or subbing some accessory exercises to keep yourself interested.

Maybe occasionally do a strength workout to test your max lifts, but I would be weary of that as not to injure yourself by pushing too hard with some new found strength.

Be patient and consistent with diet and training and I’m sure you’ll be good.

Day 2:

Feeling a bit of PIP from my injection. Nothing debilitating , just some soreness in my glute. Applied heat and stretched a lot last night.
For my next pin I'll warm up my gear with some hot water and I'll stretch/ workout the muscle soon after injection.

Thanks for all the advice fellas. Definitely will build up my calories a bit slower and keep an eye on bodyfat. I've got a BMI scale coming in on the 23rd, not that it's the most accurate thing ever but it should help a bit. Went to Costco today and picked up a bunch of chicken, salmon, beef jerky and chicken sausages. My goal is 250 grams of protein per day from the start.

I'll spend today looking for a more specific program for my workouts. I've always just worked out a muscle group until it's tired, trying to vary the exercises. I think an organized program will do some good!

Day 2:

Feeling a bit of PIP from my injection. Nothing debilitating , just some soreness in my glute. Applied heat and stretched a lot last night.
For my next pin I'll warm up my gear with some hot water and I'll stretch/ workout the muscle soon after injection.

Thanks for all the advice fellas. Definitely will build up my calories a bit slower and keep an eye on bodyfat. I've got a BMI scale coming in on the 23rd, not that it's the most accurate thing ever but it should help a bit. Went to Costco today and picked up a bunch of chicken, salmon, beef jerky and chicken sausages. My goal is 250 grams of protein per day from the start.

I'll spend today looking for a more specific program for my workouts. I've always just worked out a muscle group until it's tired, trying to vary the exercises. I think an organized program will do some good!
If you have a heat pad they work great for warming up oil. The ones you put in the microwave then wrap the vial up in it.

Day 3:

Alright, so the pip definitely got a lot worse over the course of yesterday... Walking with a slight limp now. Huge pain in the ass, literally. I've slept really well the past few nights though. Mood has been good as well. May be placebo or just coincidence, but I do feel a sense of well being/low anxiety and good energy levels throughout the day. Worked out this morning and felt good in the gym. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a good solid workout.

For my second pin tomorrow I'm going try the ventroglute spot. Sort of hard to find, but after watching plenty of YouTube vids and drawing all over myself with a marker, I think I've nailed down the spot. I'm pretty lean, so I worry a little about going too deep, but from my research I should be totally fine with a 1 inch needle.

Sucks the first shot is such a pain for you, are you going in full depth with the needle? Personally I find less pain if I hit the muscles deeper.

Probably just a matter of fine tuning the injection site. For the longest time I found it easier in the quad, you may want to get some smaller gauge needles too. I’m fine with 23g, but they are still pretty big.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow’s goes a bit better for you. What lab is your test from by the way?

Sucks the first shot is such a pain for you, are you going in full depth with the needle? Personally I find less pain if I hit the muscles deeper.

Probably just a matter of fine tuning the injection site. For the longest time I found it easier in the quad, you may want to get some smaller gauge needles too. I’m fine with 23g, but they are still pretty big.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow’s goes a bit better for you. What lab is your test from by the way?
Yeah I definitely put the needle all the way in... May just need to tweak the spot a bit. Ventroglute should be better! Fingers crossed anyway. I've seen a lot of guys online saying never inject the quads... So I'm a little hesitant to try that spot.

Test is from Global Pharma. I have the amps from them. I also have Dracorex vials, which I could switch to if these pins keep giving me PIP like this. Overall have heard good things about this lab though, so I'll persist a little. I'll warm up the gear and workout the muscle tomorrow.

Yeah I definitely put the needle all the way in... May just need to tweak the spot a bit. Ventroglute should be better! Fingers crossed anyway. I've seen a lot of guys online saying never inject the quads... So I'm a little hesitant to try that spot.

Test is from Global Pharma. I have the amps from them. I also have Dracorex vials, which I could switch to if these pins keep giving me PIP like this. Overall have heard good things about this lab though, so I'll persist a little. I'll warm up the gear and workout the muscle tomorrow.

Yeah I’ve read lots of the negative chatter on quad injections, so do what you feel safest with.

I’ve used Global Pharma Sust 250 and had no issues. So I’m sure you’ll be fine, but if it persists, try switching to the Dracorex.

Any luck nailing down a training plan?

Yeah I’ve read lots of the negative chatter on quad injections, so do what you feel safest with.

I’ve used Global Pharma Sust 250 and had no issues. So I’m sure you’ll be fine, but if it persists, try switching to the Dracorex.

Any luck nailing down a training plan?
No I haven't nailed down a specific one... Looking at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U1zSdTBhaMxzN8kYzo0dx7LvaqYscqL_

But there are so many options to choose from.. any recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

Looks like a great first cycle, i ran something similar over the summer for my first cycle as well. The PiP is normal due to the muscle not being used to it. I also probably injected a little too quickly as used a 23guage as well. After finding the resources here definitely will slow it down next time and the smaller guages as recommended above will probably help with that. Hope it goes well for you!

No I haven't nailed down a specific one... Looking at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U1zSdTBhaMxzN8kYzo0dx7LvaqYscqL_

But there are so many options to choose from.. any recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

Lots of good material there for sure, many will preach variations of similar methodologies I’m sure... hah a bit overwhelming to look through.

First things first, a few questions, I’m assuming you’re going to a gym that has a wide selection of equipment? And how many days a week are you looking to train? Are you able to do the main compound lifts squat, deadlifts, bench press? That’s it for now.

Lots of good material there for sure, many will preach variations of similar methodologies I’m sure... hah a bit overwhelming to look through.

First things first, a few questions, I’m assuming you’re going to a gym that has a wide selection of equipment? And how many days a week are you looking to train? Are you able to do the main compound lifts squat, deadlifts, bench press? That’s it for now.
Yeah my gym has absolutely everything I could possibly need. Wide array of machines, plenty of benches, free weights, squat racks, cables etc. I'm aiming for 5 days a week in the gym. Any additional training would just be hiking, playing sports etc. Bench is the only one I still struggle with because of shoulder issues, but I've recently starting benching lighter weight again with no issues. Just not too keen to push myself too hard with that one... Deadlifts, squats, dips, pullups all good!

You're going get a bit of pip as you open up new spots, this is virgin muscle.

Do you train for bodybuilding, strength or a combination of both?