boxing as self defence

I think Aikido can be legit useful if one has a very, very high level of competency but IME the number of those folks must be very, very low. My opinion here is admittedly not based on a very global experience but rather run ins with self proclaimed experts or black belts. There was a swell of them in my area for a time that seemed to be overly proud of themselves they all got dismantled easily.
Ya useful if you’re trying to disarm samurais for they’re swords πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† just this comment alone makes me 1000000000000000 percent sure your not an actual fighter there is absolutely no practical application of gaykido In a real combat situation don’t me me fuckin laugh πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†GTFO

Apologies to you and the board, I know better but occasionally get pulled in so damn quickly. That will be all, no interest in PM either.

@403muaythai please read @gondar1 's reply to my request to take this to pm

I would have expected the same from you and not what you posted above

@403muaythai one more post insulting anyone on this forum and you will get a time out from the forum for you to rethink if you wish to be a member here. because you for sure do not have to like or get along with anyone but you will be held to standard of conduct by me

@403muaythai one more post insulting anyone on this forum and you will get a time out from the forum for you to rethink if you wish to be a member here. because you for sure do not have to like or get along with anyone but you will be held to standard of conduct by me

Sorry

agree... life is to short to be pissing back and forth. Relax and have a good conversation. A lot more enjoyable.

I know this is an old thread but I think judo and jujitsu are best for street fights. Let's face it we don't want to hurt anyone and if for some reason you do then when it finally happens you'll realize you don't want to hurt people. But as far as self defense goes judo and jujitsu is good to just throw the guy around or submit him without too much seriouse damage depend on the move but I think boxing is more of a show yea it damages people but it's long and if you k.o. the guy you'll be praying he wakes up trust me. If you don't k.o him you'll be bashing his face in until you decide to stop or he gives up either way its a bloody mess and big risk for many reasons. If you can't walk away or feel the need to be an alpha male and show dominance then grappling and throws would be my go to of choice. Try not to hurt anyone at the end of the day it's never worth it unless the want to kill you and you can't run fast enough

I know this is an old thread but I think judo and jujitsu are best for street fights. Let's face it we don't want to hurt anyone and if for some reason you do then when it finally happens you'll realize you don't want to hurt people. But as far as self defense goes judo and jujitsu is good to just throw the guy around or submit him without too much seriouse damage depend on the move but I think boxing is more of a show yea it damages people but it's long and if you k.o. the guy you'll be praying he wakes up trust me. If you don't k.o him you'll be bashing his face in until you decide to stop or he gives up either way its a bloody mess and big risk for many reasons. If you can't walk away or feel the need to be an alpha male and show dominance then grappling and throws would be my go to of choice. Try not to hurt anyone at the end of the day it's never worth it unless the want to kill you and you can't run fast enough
I was buddies with a kid growing up he trained in judo since he was a wee Lad at 15 he was 215 pounds and also a brown belt the kid was built like Mike Tyson he went to a Judo Dojo run by Dan Gribben , Dan was a national judo champion his sister was in the Olympics , God's Gym was the name it was also a fully equipped powerlifting slash strong man training gym , Dan made all his fighters train in powerlifting and these kids were all a huge menace on the mats there was girls there that could smash dudes , My friend and I worked out together alot I trained in boxing and kickboxing , He was a Serious Judo Demon we fought each other for real a bunch of times I tell you he never had formal training in boxing but that Fucker he could throw a fuckin Scary punch and who ever was on the other end of that fucking swing was going to be counting fuckin sheep he never hit me clean thank fuck and I can take a solid punch a few times I felt the wind of those near misses and fuck me side ways they would have sent anyone into the next realm , those judo fuckers are deadly slam ya right thru the fuckin ground in one sweep good call Jerber judo is Fuckin great and so is Jujitsu compine that with western boxing and you got yerself a pretty solid arsenal , I agree with what Buddy said way back in this thread about boxing being the first discipline anyone should learn because it gives you a serious advantage when you bring that into any other discipline or arena , But I have away better idea than fighting at the party even if you are the best fighter there just wait till everyone starts scrapping then make off with a bunch of the hot chicks instead of smashing drunk dudes faces in get in on some good ole fashioned FFM threesome action , that's right instead of pissing dudes off by smashing out there teeth's piss them off because there girlfriends kid she had looks just like you , well maybe don't get them pregnant can you get two girls pregnant at the same time anyone ? Has anyone done that ? If you have you are my new Hero !

Your exactly right man, my trainer used to say we don't train to hurt people we train so we don't have to. The last time I was in a real street fight I was just starting training and I hurt the person pretty bad. I have a lengthy record and was drunk and even cried a bit thinking I was going to jail for a long time. He finally woke up and witnesses at the bar verified that two of them jumped me so It was clearly self defense. I kept training after that but never got into another fight since. Don't ever want to either I work on mind power now trying to teach myself more and more how the small things don't matter and how I could walk away from different types of altercations. Mind you ever since I quit partying its a heck of a lot easier. Most sober people these days aren't really looking for trouble

I quit fighting years ago, who really cares. Normally I won't back down but just diffuse the situation. Now that I find I never go to pubs anymore, I never have to worry about fights.
Truthfully most people never want to fight, but just put on a display of power. I usually give them a way out without looking bad.

But if I was to go and train now, it would be a mixed martial arts school. Might as well use the best of each art form.
I wouldn't waste time training kung fu or karate. Judo, jujistu is far better for street fighting.

One of the players on my rec soccer team was a MMA instructor from middle east and he always suggested having good cardio capacity, because sometimes the guy who gasses out first eventually loses the fight....now in a street fight a single lucky shot or hit can end the fight before it even starts!

Best thing anyone can ever do is have some boxing gloves handy. We did at our house party's so if any one starts acting hard or tough just say ok throw on the gloves go in the back yard and giver, it's funner that way and doesn't get so negative plus no one usually gets too hurt. It's still bad ass and you can still feel like your the man telling someone to put them on. And a lot of times the person will back out anyway when they see you mean buisness. The other half of the time they don't back down though so be ready lol

I took lots of training over the years. Overall they helped me to punch better, a few moves are now natural, and i was never lacking confidence, it helped me with that.
Prior to any training I've been a bit of a whackjob when agitated. I use some of the skills i learned, i use my strength and speed when required, i also have zero, and i mean zero boundaries if i am being attacked. I wont go into details as statute of limitations has not worn off on everything yet.
A strong guy, with some training and absolutely controlled emotions, but zero issue using a rock, a table, a fridge, or another person if required, anything at hand is a weapon and creates distance. I have destroyed many many a boxer with his fancy footwork and decent punching abilities. I step in, start moving when i am provoked, and anything in my way is now a weapon and i have zero conscience and no empathy when i am on that mode.
A apparently golden gloves boxer, who knows, who cares.... stole a case of my beer and 30 bucks off my table when i was in the bathroom just a few years ago, i don't drink, but i don't go to parties empty handed.

So i get back to the table and money and beer is gone. Buddy said Morris took it. I said who the fuck is Morris?

I was in a new town for work project out for some fun. They pointed to him and gave the ol town tuff guy warning about his legacy.
I shrugged and got in the zone within 2.5 seconds and he was locked in.
He was in parking lot outside of window now.

I walked outside and over, grabbed my beer slowly from his hands, reached to his back pocket and attempted to grab his wallet.
He laughed and said who the fuck are you.? Stepping back.

I said the guy whose beer and 30 bucks you swiped. He started showboating.
I wear loose clothing, and rarely anyone sees i am a muscle bound freak, very rarely.
But they see size, but who knows what's underneath.,

Anyway i said thanks for bringing that to my truck for me. He started yelling and jumping around and the ol do you know who i am bs?
I turned around and said is it happening?
He said ye...didn't finish yes.
A swift Punch in the side of the neck, he dropped, most do, then a kick to the face, and fucken hard, now bleeding and mumbling flowing out nose and mouth.
, i dragged him across the street and back into the bar, smashed his face off the bottom of 2-3 tables as i dragged that prick and yelled here's your fucken hero, he stole from me and several of you witnessed it.
Any more problems for me before i leave?
Crickets.
I left and went to party, him and 2 of his buds walked in, turned around, walked out. Not one ounce of exaggeration, i probably missed some hits he recvd.

I always remain disturbingly calm, and have a look in y eye that has been told to me by many folks that makes one know you are not in it to lose. I see everything, all slows down and becomes extremely clear. I do not lose my temper i see 5 moves ahead.
Not trying to sound like a tuff guy, i get pumped right up reading these and arm wrestling or lifting stories, it gets me jazzed.
I WILL NEVER not once ever provoke something, i may ensure i am in line of a bully and ensure he sees me smiling, but i will never start something. I've been half scalped, busted up, and fucked right up on many, many occasions, BUT never layed down for anyone, and rarely if ever lost one on one. I've lost and have no fear at all of losing, and ill always be back, alone...
All y training helped, but my mind and body and sheer will and control do more than training ever did in a street scenaripo, or defense scenario.
I used to live for it, my buddies loved watching me in action, ive done a fair share of bare knuckle stuff with my buds on bikes over the years, but im getting older now and will not work around an asshole bully prick, but i may make fun of him a bit longer than i used to, and i still will stick up for the weak any time, any day.
Im done now, im pumped and time to workout ...lol...these damn threads get me going..

Sorry, i am not strutting around ever thinking im a tuff guy...lol...I do get pumped up and express myself to aggressively possibly with topics like strength, arm wrestling or defense stuff....lolol..Makes me wired. Anyway, dont want to come off as a dick, or kill the thread, I get carried away, but all true stuff, and always better if someone else tells the story, than telling stories about myself. But no ones on here from friends in world, and i get caught up and excited...too much so at times...
Too violent for any libs on here... :geek: :alien: o_O

Sorry, i am not strutting around ever thinking im a tuff guy...lol...I do get pumped up and express myself to aggressively possibly with topics like strength, arm wrestling or defense stuff....lolol..Makes me wired. Anyway, dont want to come off as a dick, or kill the thread, I get carried away, but all true stuff, and always better if someone else tells the story, than telling stories about myself. But no ones on here from friends in world, and i get caught up and excited...too much so at times...
I love telling my stories as well.

Haha no man me personally I loved your post it pumped me up too me and buddy's are the same way we start fucking growling at each other then go and murder the weights. I bet you absolutely crushed your workout that day (in a good way) I was thinking about replying after and saying see guys like ironwill are a good reason of why its better to walk away you never know what kind of beast lurks under the baggy clothes

I used to box many years ago and it’s good for street fighting in the sense that your comfortable with punching and you can usually set up your punches pretty easily but be prepared to break your hand . Best way is use dirty boxing in a street fight is my experience. Go for the liver shot , ends fight pretty quick and you don’t break your hand

Best defense is the law. Mentioning assault and jail time always takes the wind out of some one who's obnoxious. lol.
Everything is relative when it comes to self defense and offense so being well rounded is probably your best bet. You can harden and thicken you bones to take more impact and lessen your hands to injury it's been proven. I find that the guys that do not have good boxing skills usually come out on the losing end of the UFC. Good boxing skill and good take down defense ends up with a win. I was in the fight game/sport for 15 years. Awesome workout, very cerebral (especially sparring), and it was a lot of fun. Best shape I have been in my life.