Trudeua's new proposed gun laws

Talking with a friend who's father own maybe 100k worth of historical pieces going back to pre WW1. He was going to apply for transfers to his grandson, to keep them in the family as long as possible.
It is unlikely all the transfers would be completed in time, so then the idea came up that well... "you can't charge a corpse".
so once dad gets on in years, who knows where the firearms will be? Liberals may have created the biggest black market conditions ever.

I called gun seller in Ontario just now as I’m looking to buy one of his guns and he said I need to give him proof of gun range membership. Buying a .45 from him he just got in today as a lot of guys are bringing in guns on consignment. Good time to watch the ads for sales etc. Some are like me and buying ammo and a couple more guns and others are giving up and letting them go.
Anyway I am just stating the guy said it’s law to buy a handgun to have membership upon purchase. After that it does not matter.
Like myself, I buy a gun range membership acquire handgun and it expires and there’s no law saying you need to keep it going, but you need a membership to purchase. Again that’s federal law not provincial.
Is this a new law ? I remember buying guns and not needing to have a gun club membership

No i wasn’t . I trued your transfer them but wasn’t allowed . Had a nice handgun collection too :(
Apologize for not done checking the message before sending it but obviously says tried to transfer them but wasn’t allowed

I guess the key words are they recently dropped it and i bought all mine in BC in person and online, and just the newest one from Ontario. BC has not dropped it. Upon inquiry at the cop shop they advised me it is a federal law to require a gun range membership and i can only transport with a permit, and only to a range and back. Again, you mentioned you dont knopw what else to tell me. No need, you provided good info i can look into it moreso now. BUT the RCMP were adamant if i even moved to a new home and didt use proper paperwork to transport the handguns, i would lose them. And be fined etc. So i will print this off and keep with me for future.
So i figured you only had second hand knowledge as it doesnt sound like you own any, and second hand knowledge on forums are usually just that....second hand. I said it before and i say once more, thanks.
Not putting stock in your info 100% as Hussell and several others had same experience, and i do not know you at all....lol...But hey, i have a starting point to research..

Asked a couple of AB guys..

One said when you are asked for the range you belong too, you can say "pending" and our AB CFO will sign off on your transfer.

Another said they have told the seller "I buy guest passes when I want to shoot my restricted".. And that passed.

Another said "I refused to give a range membership"and our AB CFO still signed off the on the trasfer.

Talking with a friend who's father own maybe 100k worth of historical pieces going back to pre WW1. He was going to apply for transfers to his grandson, to keep them in the family as long as possible.
It is unlikely all the transfers would be completed in time, so then the idea came up that well... "you can't charge a corpse".
so once dad gets on in years, who knows where the firearms will be? Liberals may have created the biggest black market conditions ever.
I wonder if they would rake the surviving members of the family thru the coals to get the guns?

I wonder if they would rake the surviving members of the family thru the coals to get the guns?
depending on how sentimental the family is, perhaps gramps would convert them to cash prior to his demise. Better than giving the govt. 100k worth of iron to smelt down.

I know I can not make other people's choices and I can only choose how to spend my money, but it bothers me when guys sell their restricted guns when they think more laws are coming down the pipe.. This is EXACTYL what the fuck they want to happen--> reduce the number of restricted owners..

History has shown, when government makes a law the people do not like, if the people do not comply, not one fucking inch, the government will be powerless.

Fuck them.. buy more handguns

The best thing that can happen in reality is the cons win the next election and repeal the law, It looks like Pierre is going to win the leadership race and he is honestly the best chance at winning the election and I have a feeling they would repeal it to swing votes or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

The best thing that can happen in reality is the cons win the next election and repeal the law, It looks like Pierre is going to win the leadership race and he is honestly the best chance at winning the election and I have a feeling they would repeal it to swing votes or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

What worries me is that Pierre is so vocal about many of the wrong doings of the lib/NDP, but he hasn't said a word about gun control or these new laws. IF he has made a state or said what he will do if he becomes PM, I haven't seen it

I hate to be the decvils advocate and I like guns for sure but I think if every single gun on earth was located and destroyed even cop guns it could stop a lot of killings
Late to the party, but who invited you?

What worries me is that Pierre is so vocal about many of the wrong doings of the lib/NDP, but he hasn't said a word about gun control or these new laws. IF he has made a state or said what he will do if he becomes PM, I haven't seen it
Likely will follow what Harper did. dump the registry because it’s a waste of money, and stay away from that quagmire of shit and let people float along with the rules in place.
He can’t talk about it right now, because some topics are best to stay away from IMO.
Like abortion, stay the tell away from that one as well.

That's fair man, I really just brought it up to inspire some brain storming I could really give a fuck less I love guns I just root for whatever will save lives. If the topics guns I have no say I am an ex convict I don't think I can vote or ever buy guns yes I would if I could but I'm kicked out of that barbecue. My main focus was accidentally tilted more towards trying g to stop school shootings and even then I say yearly psych assessments, metal derectors and possibly firearm training for teachers or permanently stationed police officers at schools. My opinions are friendly input and conversation.
Remember when the Chinese guy went into the school and murdered a bunch of children with a knife?
Psychos always find a way man.
Guns have been around for a very short time compared to humans. Before the guns they had swords, and people were way more vicious.

Likely will follow what Harper did. dump the registry because it’s a waste of money, and stay away from that quagmire of shit and let people float along with the rules in place.
He can’t talk about it right now, because some topics are best to stay away from IMO.
Like abortion, stay the tell away from that one as well.

I agree with you that he's avoiding the subject.. But what I can not stand in a politician is riding the fucking fence.. If Pierre thinks our gun laws are fucked and need to be looked at, then he needs to say it.. If he's ok with the handgun ban, he needs to say it. I'm fucking tired of policitians who won't just state their beleive and intent, and instead smear their words to match the voters.. THey need to have the atittude "this is me and my beliefs and my pure intentions.. If you like what I say I believe and will do, vote for me.. If not, don't vote for me".. It's politicians who never are honest with their beleifs and intentions and only say (or avoid saying) what the voters want/don't want that are fucking this country over.

Pierre needs to address the gun issue.. being a pussy and not wanting to upset people will turn ppl away from him including me.. He's only saying what the masses want to hear right now, how is that any different than other shitty pliticians? I like the guy, but he needs to step up on some issues.

Abortion you say.. I think right now, this is a hot american political topic, not so much in Canada.. It's there for sure, but nothing like the USA.

I just bought it !

"Little Potato" as the Chinese call him is a full on imbecile. We can't fix stupid, we need to vote it out....

As per gun laws and recently announced potential "freeze" - I know the gangs are worried, especially those members still waiting for their RPAL.

Fucking joke, propaganda BS.

Happy my SIG .45 ACP arrived last week, as I see most stores are out of stock !

Ignorance - even by those who I call "friends" is alarming, governments' own stats show that 85%+ of guns used in crimes are smuggled in from USA.

I just bought it !

"Little Potato" as the Chinese call him is a full on imbecile. We can't fix stupid, we need to vote it out....

As per gun laws and recently announced potential "freeze" - I know the gangs are worried, especially those members still waiting for their RPAL.

Fucking joke, propaganda BS.

Happy my SIG .45 ACP arrived last week, as I see most stores are out of stock !

Ignorance - even by those who I call "friends" is alarming, governments' own stats show that 85%+ of guns used in crimes are smuggled in from USA.

Your figure is incorrect I believe.. Last time I found info, its closer to 100% of handgun crimes commintted in Canada are smulgged from USA.. OR stolen within Canada.. That 85% might be all guns, so long guns and handguns.

Please let us know how the book is lol.. I might buy it just to pass on to my kids in hopes it might be worth more money in 75 years