TRT vs SPORTs TRT - Broderick Chavez

jvjacobs

Trusted Member
I looked up Broderick Chavez, biologist and pharmacologist, really smart guy. According to him there is TRT for genpop and then there is SPORTs TRT for regular gym goers i.e 3mg × bodyweight (in KGs).

What are your thoughts about it ?

I generally don't need any AI on 125mg/week. But I am pretty sure I might need some if I cruise around 250-300mg/week.

He has some interesting ideas and ways of looking at things for sure. At first glance this is stupid as fuck but I'd like to hear his spiel on it.

Edit for clarity - Stupid as fuck is referring to calling that type of dose TRT as it is gonna be supra for most adult males

Holy shit, I read TRD sport and thought this was a tacoma discussion. I was coming in all horny to talk tacos.

Also I've seen 1mg of test per pound of body weight or around 1.5-2mg per kg of bodyweight. Apparently that is a sufficient amount to maintain mass

Though my experience towards cruises is zilch so that's just me repeating the words of more intelligent guys than myself

Holy shit, I read TRD sport and thought this was a tacoma discussion. I was coming in all horny to talk tacos.

Also I've seen 1mg of test per pound of body weight or around 1.5-2mg per kg of bodyweight. Apparently that is a sufficient amount to maintain mass

Though my experience towards cruises is zilch so that's just me repeating the words of more intelligent guys than myself

VigorousSteve advocates for 1mg per pound of body weight.

I share similar thoughts my friends. Honestly I want my TRT dose to be exactly where it was being natty and if I really want to push it ...may b the higher end of the spectrum. I eliminate the AIs completely because its time to heal and recover.

I do follow VigorousSteve and value his opinions but honestly 1mg per KG is low for me which is 90 mg/week. Feeling like shit. Energy is down and always sleepy.

Instead 1.5mg per KG of bodyweight is what I follow.

I'll stick with aiming my cruise dose around mid-upper ref range for now, as I believe its more geared towards a proper recovery, and longevity. As opposed to these enhanced cruise doses, or running additional compounds on top of test.
That's what I did for my first year of B&C, def good to establish a baseline etc.

Definitely agree on the longevity front but provided bloodwork is good & relatively normal I don't think there is a huge risk to enhanced cruises or higher test dosages.

Truth be told I just feel awesome with primo included in my cruise.

I have changed my stance of the whole cruise/TRT thing since I started.

Just a thought regarding all this 2mg per kg etc etc....

Rather than throwing around arbitrary numbers would it not just be best to dial in your test/cruise dose with bloodwork and feel as opposed to following silly rules?

Just a thought regarding all this 2mg per kg etc etc....

Rather than throwing around arbitrary numbers would it not just be best to dial in your test/cruise dose with bloodwork and feel as opposed to following silly rules?
I agree that there is no magic formula for doses as every one’s bodies reacts differently. I do know that I feel best around 100-125mg/week as compared to 200-300mg. Oddly enough I also find that switching up my doses and pinning frequently every couple months seams to work better for me too.

I agree that there is no magic formula for doses as every one’s bodies reacts differently. I do know that I feel best around 100-125mg/week as compared to 200-300mg. Oddly enough I also find that switching up my doses and pinning frequently every couple months seams to work better for me too.
Yeah a lot of people seem to like switching doses every 6 weeks or so, I have tried it before too. I've only been on this dose for approx 4 weeks so we'll see how it is in another 4 weeks.

For Muay Thai I kept my year round trt at 300 test c and that was perfect actually not to much not to little able to recover from crazy amounts of training and injuries incurred in sparring