TRT vs SPORTs TRT - Broderick Chavez

You bet that is advised in his talks. That is common sense really.

Sort of on same topic..

When I was put on TRT, my first dose of 100mg a week gave me slightly elavated estrogen.. So they lowered me to 75mg. That kept my test levels in lower, but reaosnable range and dropped my estrogen to better levels. A few years later another doctor told me if I loose a lot of fat, my estrogen conversion would be less, maybe even much less. I did loose a lot of fat and my estrogen levels did drop.

I think this whole " X mg's per pound of body weight" idea isn't a bad one, but it needs to be turned to "X mg's per LEAN pound of body weight".. So tske your body weight and subtract the estimated fat weight and that's multiplied by what mg per pound you beleive in.
I agree with you.
It's not like Chavez came up with the x/kg idea btw. From a pharmacological perspective Test E, and I believe all other IM hormones, are supposed to be dosed by total bodyweight.

In practical use we don't often see it that way, most practitioners will go by protocols recommended by some professional association or by their own practical experience -"I start guys at 100mg every two weeks". Both of those paths to the answer started from x/kg without a consideration of BF %.

Same with meds for kids out of an abundance of caution, there is an old saying that goes something like 'whether it's medicine or poison is determined by the dose'

you'd think, but I never hear anyone talk about it concerning dosing of anything..
Oh really. That’s pretty much first thing one needs to know is lbm and then go from there. Fat required no anabolism. Lol
As I mentioned I don’t haunt other boards, but back in the day I was in many and that was common chats.
Times change I guess.

I agree with you.
It's not like Chavez came up with the x/kg idea btw. From a pharmacological perspective Test E, and I believe all other IM hormones, are supposed to be dosed by total bodyweight.

In practical use we don't often see it that way, most practitioners will go by protocols recommended by some professional association or by their own practical experience -"I start guys at 100mg every two weeks". Both of those paths to the answer started from x/kg without a consideration of BF %.

Same with meds for kids out of an abundance of caution, there is an old saying that goes something like 'whether it's medicine or poison is determined by the dose'
Chavez never claimed he did.
In animals and humans for medication etc it’s dose depends on LBM.
What Chavez does is remind folks that’s what needs to be done.
He takes the bullshit out and applies common sense from his educational background and in all honesty a lot of bbers are not rocket surgeaons and need things put in lay terms.

Sort of on same topic..

When I was put on TRT, my first dose of 100mg a week gave me slightly elavated estrogen.. So they lowered me to 75mg. That kept my test levels in lower, but reaosnable range and dropped my estrogen to better levels. A few years later another doctor told me if I loose a lot of fat, my estrogen conversion would be less, maybe even much less. I did loose a lot of fat and my estrogen levels did drop.
Absolutely that happens. Fat and estrogen go hand in hand.

Chavez never claimed he did.
In animals and humans for medication etc it’s dose depends on LBM.
What Chavez does is remind folks that’s what needs to be done.
He takes the bullshit out and applies common sense from his educational background and in all honesty a lot of bbers are not rocket surgeaons and need things put in lay terms.
Oh I didn't mean to imply that he said he did, just showing a bit of the history or evolution of the process. Even the drugs that we consider not to be weight base dosed started out from that it's just that the range between medicine and poison amounts are very large allowing standards to be arrived at.

Oh really. That’s pretty much first thing one needs to know is lbm and then go from there. Fat required no anabolism. Lol
As I mentioned I don’t haunt other boards, but back in the day I was in many and that was common chats.
Times change I guess.

I often hear talk about dose per pound.. but rarely dose per lean body pound.

I often hear talk about dose per pound.. but rarely dose per lean body pound.
I get it, I’m not debating. I’m just saying that in my circles and back in the day we all talked lbm. Lean body mass for doses.
Fat is not modified by anabolic meds.
I am just saying I’m surprised that no one does speak about that as its common sense brother.
Maybe I should say it makes sense, not common sense.

Sorry if I sound like I’m not agreeing or something, not my intent.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that he said he did, just showing a bit of the history or evolution of the process. Even the drugs that we consider not to be weight base dosed started out from that it's just that the range between medicine and poison amounts are very large allowing standards to be arrived at.
Good point Gondar. Thanks I think we forget this or we just don’t think about it like this.
Warfarin is probably a decent example of this if I’m picking up what you are putting down.
Can be a blood thinner or kill you. Depending on dose for your weight.

I get it, I’m not debating. I’m just saying that in my circles and back in the day we all talked lbm. Lean body mass for doses.
Fat is not modified by anabolic meds.
I am just saying I’m surprised that no one does speak about that as its common sense brother.
Maybe I should say it makes sense, not common sense.

Sorry if I sound like I’m not agreeing or something, not my intent.

I get what your saying and I don't think your disagreeing lol.. There's nothing to disagree about!