recession

Their meat sucks, lol.
There is opportunity to buy their version of AAA here and I tried it, it’s not there yet. They don’t have the mix of finishing feed right yet.
They will get there as has other countries, but they would need to import the grain and that would increase price.

Agree with the rest though.

Mond you I have noticed their prices are increasing, housing included, unless you want to live inland.
Beef sucks, chicken, pork and seafood are much better. Produce...no comparison.

Yes prices have increased in Peso terms but our weak dollar vs the peso makes it look insane

For instance value of my home and land in pesos has increased about 50%. If I sold those assets in pesos and then converted it to Cad then I'd have double the Canadian dollars or a bit more than I originally spent a few short years ago.

Oh BTW...if you want good beef on par with ours you can just get Argentina beef

You think that’s why large cap stocks and etf’s like SPY are trading at double pre pandemic levels still? The price is fixed in to inflation. I think there might be some type of crash, but I don’t think SPY will ever get low enough to trade in the 200’s again.
That and I think people figure no use leaving money in account to watch inflation destroy it.

Personally I am almost at the point of putting all my money into an intrest bearing account before shit goes south so I don’t lose my initial investment.
Things were looking up until Trudeau started to fight with India. Then my stocks went down again.

Hopefully we will have an election in the next year, so when the economy stalls and the carbon tax is removed it will reinvigorate it a bit. Couldn’t remove carbon tax right now unless the govt stopped spending into our economy or IMO we could cause more inflation.
I've actually started to buy stocks quite heavily recently
alot of stuff is down to pre pandemic levels.

I don't think removing the carbon tax will make much of an immediate effect unfortunately. Vendors charging high prices will want to keep those high prices. If in fact we do get rid of this stupid tax it will take a long time for the market to straighten out.

The problem with "high interest " saving is you just get poor slowly as the rates are not keeping up with the devaluation of our shit currency

Ill say the real problem nobody is saying. The real problem is that if your money coming in isnt increasing faster than inflation is increasing your money out it doesnt matter if you invest in gics, bonds, equities, futures or whatever you like.

The crowd that profitited immensely during covid would love more covid lockdowns and vaccines.

To even just stay at the same quality of life my family is used to ive had to increase my income multiple times in the past 5 years. And im still having to keep increasing. Now to move ahead you really have to increase funds incoming, not just invest what you have. Its getting to the point that middle class gets wiped out clean soon.your either gonna move up or down. Your choice. Or just move out of canada where you fare better with what you have. Its getting tough as shit, and its gonna get worse. Gas is 1.50 this week. Recently it was 1.70. Grocery prices arent gonna drop because this week its 1.50 per litre. Like previous posters said once prices go up they stay up for a long time even if input costs drop. Stayed tuned for more of the clown show that we all pay for.

Are groceries and fuel really up that much?

$1.40-1.50 a litre now, it was $1.3 before the pandemic
groceries have been the same cost for me, but I don't eat processed foods
In Saskatchewan in 2019 it cost me $90 for 100L of gas to fill my truck now it's $160. I don't eat processed food either but unless we're talking about pasta rice and potatoes it's a lot more expensive. A rib eye steak was around $20 and now it's over $40 so I don't even buy it anymore. I would expect anyone who is bodybuilding would have noticed paying a significant amount more for meat. I cringe when I have to buy meat that's not on sale or reduced for quick sale.

Ill say the real problem nobody is saying. The real problem is that if your money coming in isnt increasing faster than inflation is increasing your money out it doesnt matter if you invest in gics, bonds, equities, futures or whatever you like.

The crowd that profitited immensely during covid would love more covid lockdowns and vaccines.

To even just stay at the same quality of life my family is used to ive had to increase my income multiple times in the past 5 years. And im still having to keep increasing. Now to move ahead you really have to increase funds incoming, not just invest what you have. Its getting to the point that middle class gets wiped out clean soon.your either gonna move up or down. Your choice. Or just move out of canada where you fare better with what you have. Its getting tough as shit, and its gonna get worse. Gas is 1.50 this week. Recently it was 1.70. Grocery prices arent gonna drop because this week its 1.50 per litre. Like previous posters said once prices go up they stay up for a long time even if input costs drop. Stayed tuned for more of the clown show that we all pay for.
I've mentioned this many times in meetings with management at my work they just keep saying it tough for everyone and they're not raising their prices. One of my coworkers claims wages have never kept up with inflation so I should quit complaining about it. I honestly think he's retarded because he will always say if inflation goes down should they give you a pay cut? I'm all like motherfucker have you ever seen deflation in your life because I've never seen it.

I would do anything to have had my wages tied to inflation from the time I started my career, I'd be living so much better.

I don't think removing the carbon tax will make much of an immediate effect unfortunately. Vendors charging high prices will want to keep those high prices. If in fact we do get rid of this stupid tax it will take a long time for the market to straighten out.

The problem with "high interest " saving is you just get poor slowly as the rates are not keeping up with the devaluation of our shit currency
What stocks are you looking at. I’m watching Disney a bit. Might be time before there is a good turn around. people won’t have money to go to their parks and they need to stop being pro kid grooming before anyone will watch their crap again.

Yeah, I kinda know that, just frustrated now watching shit go up and down.
I'll likely get lazy and just leave things alone, lol.

I wouldn't drop my prices if the carbon tax was gone. I've had to eat margins because of the cabon tax. But the customer will have a bit more buying power becasue they will not be paying it in their energy bills/gas.

Might keep prices from raising for a bit. Might reduce inflation that is created by Trudeau constantly raising it.

Reactions: 3ml

We don't drop prices every time gas changes because all your input costs don't change every time the gas price flucutates.

But there are time when you will make a bit more and others where you make a bit less thruout the year. The constant yo yoing of prices would drive the average customer nuts not having any clue what something will cost.

Even though I did very well during covid I don't what any more lockdowns, because each time, things will get worse afterwards. But the ones making extra to be on special baords and the kickback vaccine money, that group loves lockdowns.

Yeah, I kinda know that, just frustrated now watching shit go up and down.
I'll likely get lazy and just leave things alone, lol.

I wouldn't drop my prices if the carbon tax was gone. I've had to eat margins because of the cabon tax. But the customer will have a bit more buying power becasue they will not be paying it in their energy bills/gas.

Might keep prices from raising for a bit. Might reduce inflation that is created by Trudeau constantly raising it.
For sure, I don't blame business owners for not dripping pricing.
Atleast if they dropped the carbon scam tax it should slow inflation down

Aren't you worried about current valuations vs future earnings ?
I was buying stocks last year but I am switching to bonds, risk return on stocks right now seems a bit bad compared to fixed income like bonds

Although the recent pullback in stocks had me buying some for short term liquidity rally in stocks

Aren't you worried about current valuations vs future earnings ?
I was buying stocks last year but I am switching to bonds, risk return on stocks right now seems a bit bad compared to fixed income like bonds

Although the recent pullback in stocks had me buying some for short term liquidity rally in stocks
I don't buy stupid typical stocks that regular Joe's buy like appl and tesla etc, s&p ETFs

I look for undervalued things. Uranium for example. I started going heavy into that a col years ago and seeing nice returns and I think there is a fair but more upside.

Canadian energy stocks was another home run. I gobbled up a bunch when oil went negative. Massive returns anywhere from 3 to 15x

I may be wrong on this one but I have started taking nibbles at cad banks

Here's another beauty
Canada giving 3 billion to Romania to build 2 nuclear reactors.
Candu will build them. Butttttt guess who owns Candu. SNC Lavalin. Fuck wonder how much kickback Ole Turd face will get for that.
This shit drives me nuts. Why should Canadians have their hard earned income stolen to pay for some power plants for Romania?

Very diligent accounting my Costco with 5 family members has gone from $550 precovid a trip to $800. Granted 1 of them was still growing but that's a 45% increase in 3 years. Price of ribeyes has tripled...

Likewise, I can see the increase in my Costco bills, but also the shrinkflation. Some easy examples: a tray of chicken thighs had noticeably more chicken for the same cost, same for fish, and apples have gone up $2 per bag for the ones my wife likes to get.

Then for shits I walk into a Wholefoods and am shocked that people actually buy groceries there. Costco is literally half price for the same food across the board

Everything costs more, no one is making more $, yet people keep spending like there has been no change. I don't get it...

I don't buy stupid typical stocks that regular Joe's buy like appl and tesla etc, s&p ETFs

I look for undervalued things. Uranium for example. I started going heavy into that a col years ago and seeing nice returns and I think there is a fair but more upside.

Canadian energy stocks was another home run. I gobbled up a bunch when oil went negative. Massive returns anywhere from 3 to 15x

I may be wrong on this one but I have started taking nibbles at cad banks
I'm all over gas station, energy, and banks a small position.

Reactions: 3ml