recession

Likewise, I can see the increase in my Costco bills, but also the shrinkflation. Some easy examples: a tray of chicken thighs had noticeably more chicken for the same cost, same for fish, and apples have gone up $2 per bag for the ones my wife likes to get.

Then for shits I walk into a Wholefoods and am shocked that people actually buy groceries there. Costco is literally half price for the same food across the board

Everything costs more, no one is making more $, yet people keep spending like there has been no change. I don't get it...
walmart is typically half the price of costco, in my experience

I generally shop at Loblaws superstore. Prices are usually the best in my city and we don't have a Costco. Occasionally I'll stop at co-op or Safeway for something quick on my way home for lunch but usually the prices are insane, sometimes they have reduced price porkchops or something I'll pick up. I generally avoid Walmart but sometimes I'll buy cereal and some other items there if Im in the store.

walmart is typically half the price of costco, in my experience

I go to Wally World too, but I'm not seeing that. Maybe it's cheaper on some individual items but its not cheaper for food that I'm getting in bulk

Reactions: 3ml
Same cycle over and over again so I have no worries. Things always work themselves out just right :)

Half the price??? I'd say that's a bit of an exaggeration.
really? i found costco to be priced fairly high, although higher quality, stuff like beef / pork is usually double the price at costco, thats all i eat these days

really? i found costco to be priced fairly high, although higher quality, stuff like beef / pork is usually double the price at costco, thats all i eat these days
I absolutely would not eat meat from Walmart. It looks disgusting.

I absolutely would not eat meat from Walmart. It looks disgusting.
It looks worse also because they cut nothing on site.
So it is modified atmosphere packaging, since the oxygen level is lower than real air, the meat turns dark and strange looking.

It looks worse also because they cut nothing on site.
So it is modified atmosphere packaging, since the oxygen level is lower than real air, the meat turns dark and strange looking.
So gross

LOL
I can't handle going to that shit hole Walmart. Some real special folk in there.
Jesus, you should see the costco where I'm at, I've never seen so many mouth breathers in one place at the same time. Lmao

I havent been to either one in years, just send the wife.
Actually home depot and crappie tire are the only stores i will go in and even then, i will buy online if im not in a hurry
I hate people

Not really. They package potato chips the same way. Drastically increases shelf life without chemicals. The gross part is the ground beef being shipped ground, which drastically increases the chance of ecoli.

Costco is something else as well. I've always said people turn their brains right off when they go their.
I hate shopping at Costco for this reason. Old people standing in the way chatting to each other oblivious to everyone else.

Reactions: 3ml
Well I have to go to Costco tonight. Cheapest place to buy butter and we use 100 lbs of it a week at the shop.

I believe we are in a living depression and not just a recession. Current wages don't match the cost of goods. Ive been seeing a considerable slow down in tenders that are available to bid on. It's been slowing more each of the past 3 years.
There's no money being moved through the little guys and soon as that ends its gonna hit the bigger vendors.
I've been working my bagboff the past few months and going from passed clients to new and projects are not moving anywhere at this point.