Oldguyjiujitsu and Sorbate's Road to 50!

@Sorbate, do you have a pic of the bag of Ruffles? I haven't had chips in years. Need to live vicariously.
There you go. Already ate 1/4 of the bag before I ate 5 pieces of Popeyes and all the fries. I was starving after work. Even ate a few pretzels, lol.

Attachments

• E9FC5CB2-5BAD-489A-8413-E57F9D7D7228.jpeg
    E9FC5CB2-5BAD-489A-8413-E57F9D7D7228.jpeg
    763.2 KB · Views: 24
Ok, here you go.
I was going to train today, but I shit myself silly for an hour, so only cardio. See still doing cardio. You know I’m serious when I shit myself half to death and am still going to do cardio, lol. Don’t worry my enthusiasm will wane in a couple weeks.
I’m going to blame it on the salad, lol.
View attachment 10318
Laugh away, but as I posted above, I’ve likely only trained 20 times in the last 3 years.
I did a caliper pinch and I’m like 25% body fat.
If you look on the left of the bottom of my abs, the dark line about 3” above my sweats (across from the tat on my forearm) is the scar from where they pulled my intestines out and chopped off the bad part, lol.

Looking better than Ben Askren's fighting body, bud.

Vein is fixed, took them an hour. Did it Friday morning.
They had a rep for the product they used onsite, they had made some improvements to the system and wanted to make sure the doctor was up to speed.
‘It was weird when I could feel the guiding wire slide up my leg in the vein, but zero pain. After they were done, the vein felt cold, and it felt like they glued it. You know when you get crazy glue on your fingers, and it feels weird, felt the same in my leg.

‘’The compression stocking gave me horrible pain in my foot because it was crushing it. So I cut the foot off. 2 weeks and I’m ok to train again.

I had gotten used to the aching and itching, feels weird that it’s gone now.

I asked the surgeon if I doubled my leg size if I would have issues now that I lost a fairly major vein. He said you’ll find out if it starts to fatigue faster than the other leg, but the internal system will now have to take over the load.

They had a rep for the product they used onsite, they had made some improvements to the system and wanted to make sure the doctor was up to speed.
‘It was weird when I could feel the guiding wire slide up my leg in the vein, but zero pain. After they were done, the vein felt cold, and it felt like they glued it. You know when you get crazy glue on your fingers, and it feels weird, felt the same in my leg.

‘’The compression stocking gave me horrible pain in my foot because it was crushing it. So I cut the foot off. 2 weeks and I’m ok to train again.

I asked the surgeon if I doubled my leg size if I would have issues now that I lost a fairly major vein. He said you’ll find out if it starts to fatigue faster than the other leg, but the internal system will now have to take over the load.
this was a hard read for me.

Onward and upward my friend. The fix is done, let the healing begin and then push to recover. Don't be impatient, let the recovery happen and then push when they say its ok.

this was a hard read for me.
Lol, did I mention I got to watch? I watched him slide the rod in, the cut my leg open more so he could get a bigger cathoder inside the vein to be able to slide the tool in.
More or less it was lime having a caulking gun with crazy glue in it, with a small tube attached to the out put you slide up into the vein, lol.

They entered the vein in the side of my knee. Went up into my thigh to the main branch at my groin. Here’s a pick
40CE6797-D0DB-4A2E-9B5F-06A48B8107C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Onward and upward my friend. The fix is done, let the healing begin and then push to recover. Don't be impatient, let the recovery happen and then push when they say its ok.
It’s fixed already, no recovery is needed, he’s just cautious. He wants the vein to harden and scar up, then the chance of reoccurrence is nil.
I have to wear this for 2 weeks, but I’m allowed to do whatever at work. Just no lifting for now.
I might do some low intensity treadmill though, lol.6B50098C-7C9E-4C3E-BADA-50CD2FCC655F.jpeg

Lol, did I mention I got to watch? I watched him slide the rod in, the cut my leg open more so he could get a bigger cathoder inside the vein to be able to slide the tool in.
More or less it was lime having a caulking gun with crazy glue in it, with a small tube attached to the out put you slide up into the vein, lol.

They entered the vein in the side of my knee. Went up into my thigh to the main branch at my groin. Here’s a pick
View attachment 17417

I've had a couple operations done on me where I could watch on TV. I don't think I made it past 2 minutes.

I've had a couple operations done on me where I could watch on TV. I don't think I made it past 2 minutes.
They were telling me the guy before me was uptight as they were doing his. But I’ve also seen people pass out giving blood. We all handle it differently.

So in case anyone is intrested here is the complete procedure with outcomes in studies.

Then my wife says to me, at 200 lbs and even half assed lean, no one will believe at 50 you did this naturally. They will think all your gains were from the gear.
Damn, that kinda pissed me off because we all know people think that kinda shit.
So I guess when I’m damn near 200 lbs next summer guys will look down on me as their wives stare, lol,
catching up on this thread, this gave me a new t-shirt idea "JUST CREATINE AND PROTEIN POWDER, WHY DO YOU ASK?"

Good luck with that recovery too Sorb.