Oldguyjiujitsu and Sorbate's Road to 50!

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member
Well @Sorbate and i turn 50 Summer 2021. The plan is to simply look our best at 50. Over the last few months we have been hijacking everyone else's threads to wage our informal contest....so it time to create our own thread. What will you see if you follow along?? That is unpredictable...we are going to have a little fun, lots of banter, but the goal is to push each other....yes and tons of derails. Hopefully neither gets any new injuries...

I will let @Sorbate speak for himself but the plan for for me is to get a little fulIer and leaner.

Top priority is Diet
  • currently 3200cals per day (45% carbs, 30% fat and 25% Protein). will spend next few weeks cleaning up food sources, and being consistent at 3200 for the first month or so.
  • Once i start the primo i will increase to 3400cals. (for 3-4 months)
  • Last two months will focus on tightening up a little

Training
  • Upper/Lower (3 days per week)
    • 12 working sets for large muscles per week, 6-8 for smaller (not counting warmup
    • 12-15, 10-12,8-10 scheme per exercise, with the last sets to max failure plus drop set or rest pause
    • No more than 21 working set per session.
  • Jiu Jitsu (2 days per week...training not teaching)
  • Chiro every two weeks and mobility work everyday

Support:
  • I will do it with just my TRT (100mg per week) and for 12-16 weeks add in 100-150mg primo. I can make progress on very little when diet and training consistent...even at this old age.

Soooo there are not judges (we will judge each other harshly), no sponsors (who the hell would want us) and no formal rules (Sorbate would break them anyways).

Let the games begin!

Last edited:
Ok my turn. I going to completely rely on my genetics, lol.
So I already started a few day ago taking gh. It worked well with a good diet to help lean me out.

Still working on my nerve pinches, but as long as they stay 80% away, I’ll push thru.

Pretty much for diet, I’ll stop eating crap all the time, so no 1/2 bag of junk food before dinner.
I’ll eat proper nutrients instead. I’m going to put on some mass for the first 4 months so I’m not too worried about exact percentages, I’ll just make sure my protien is high enough, like around 300-400 grams a day. And better carb sources.
I just need to make sure I give my training everything I can and not half ass it. That will determine if I kick ass or not.

My goal is to be single digit body fat for August, my birthday is August 25. Hopefully this time instead of 176 lbs, I’ll be closer to 190. I’ll start 4 months out, I’ve done it before, I know what to do, the key is having the drive to do it.

I’ll post some horrible embarsing fat, no muscle pictures later when I train today. Please be kind, with all the issues I’ve had in the last 3 years, I’m lucky if I’ve trained 20 times total.

Oh and gear, for the first month to get back into training: 200 mg test prop a week, 1 iu gh daily.
Then for 3 months but the dbol only the first 8 weeks: dbol 20 mg dail,y, maybe up to 30 depending on my nipples, test e 300 mg a week

In 4 months, start of the diet. Nothing for a week, then 200 mg of test prop a week, and either tren, or primo, not sure yet which. If tren it will be a tren mast mix. Once I’m single digit, if I’m running primo, winny 2 weeks before my birthday.

Everything lower dose.

My training will be what I always do. One body part per day, days off on,y when I feel it’s needed and 20 min cardio daily for health.

Btw, I’m glad we are having this contest. Otherwise I’d likely be lazy and not bother, lol.

Anyhow we better get our before pics up, let the laughing begin (well for me, you likely look fine Old juju, and it’s on buddy, I don’t think you realize how competitive I am, lol.

Last edited:
Dear @Sorbate....its at least 9' :)

If you push me hard enough i might have to dip into the supply and break out a little low dosage NPP for when the old man joints start to scream.

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday after legs...no pump in the upper body and i am not very big, just tall and lanky (fighter not a bodybuilder) but this is as fluffy as i get. in a few months i will be leaner and MUCH fuller in the chest and shoulder. i will be good to go. LOL

IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1002.jpg

If you push me hard enough i might have to dip into the supply and break out a little low dosage NPP for when the old man joints start to scream.

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday after legs...no pump in the upper body and i am not very big, just tall and lanky (fighter not a bodybuilder) but this is as fluffy as i get. in a few months i will be leaner and MUCH fuller in the chest and shoulder. i will be good to go. LOL

View attachment 10315View attachment 10316
Ok I already lost, lol
You still have abs.
My abs are on vacation.

I was getting my massage today, told her in 2 weeks I start pushing hard, she laughs and says I abuse my body enough.
I told her that I was going to train like I did in my 20’s, where some days i would get out of bed, barely, and almost crawl to the shower so stiff, to unstiffen in the heat.
Where I could on,y sleep in two position so I wouldn’t get muscle spasms, lol.
She asked me if I was going to start coming weekly instead of biweekly.
I told her we will see how it goes, lol.

Ok, here you go.
I was going to train today, but I shit myself silly for an hour, so only cardio. See still doing cardio. You know I’m serious when I shit myself half to death and am still going to do cardio, lol. Don’t worry my enthusiasm will wane in a couple weeks.
I’m going to blame it on the salad, lol.
E4D09AFC-39BD-46FE-AC63-B1314997BBE2.jpeg
Laugh away, but as I posted above, I’ve likely only trained 20 times in the last 3 years.
I did a caliper pinch and I’m like 25% body fat.
If you look on the left of the bottom of my abs, the dark line about 3” above my sweats (across from the tat on my forearm) is the scar from where they pulled my intestines out and chopped off the bad part, lol.

Last edited:

Damn you look good, and still lean.

Ok, here you go.
I was going to train today, but I shit myself silly for an hour, so only cardio. See still doing cardio. You know I’m serious when I shit myself half to death and am still going to do cardio, lol. Don’t worry my enthusiasm will wane in a couple weeks.
I’m going to blame it on the salad, lol.
View attachment 10318
Laugh away, but as I posted above, I’ve likely only trained 20 times in the last 3 years.
I did a caliper pinch and I’m like 25% body fat.
If you look on the left of the bottom of my abs, the dark line about 3” above my sweats (across from the tat on my forearm) is the scar from where they pulled my intestines out and chopped off the bad part, lol.
Your looking good...this will be a fun contest. I too am competitive.