MrsRH: Road to 2020

Training has been going well. We're going to move me to a 4 training days a week routine. Nutrition hasn't changed. Var going on week 6 I think. We're going to extend to 8 weeks. Muscle and strength gains have been coming along nicely. Been napping post workout when I can (when I'm up at work). And last Friday went in for the full gamut blood tests. We'll see where I'm at. Last panel was done the day before a show so it was obviously skewed! Even though I'm on the Var, it'll be nice to see where my hormones and thyroid are sitting. We're still fairly certain I have an undiagnosed underactive thyroid condition.

Well. I forgot my password and haven't been here. Got it and am back in.

We didn't move to 4, we upped to 6. (Training days per week) Except with my schedule and where we live, it's usually the 5 days.

My metabolism has finally reset and I'm doing well. No more massive random swelling, and my weight dropped and evened out. Food is bumped up. 20gr less protein on non training/cardio only days.
150P/230C/50F plus fibrous veggies.

I am responding really well to training. I'm now 10 weeks in to a new plan. Increase in carbs also meant an increase to cardio so now I'm at 4 days a week steady for 30 mins.

Started Primo last Monday. Accidentally did the whole 100 with my test so today I split it (per coach - wants me to split the dose in half). Have moved my test from Tue/Fri to Mon/Thur(pm) or Fri to inject with Primo. Can't take that up to camp! Haha.

I did squats. Few weeks ago box squats and then last week full squats! Anyone who remembers the massive issues I've had with my knees and doing squats and leg extensions (also did those!) can feel free to celebrate with me!

Couple weeks in on the Primo. Not sure if I'm supposed to notice anything yet. DOMs from my time sick and hardly givin 'er at the gym are totally gone. I've been doing squats and leg extensions now for a couple weeks, so far okay. Knees were aching so much yesterday I had to get up in the middle of the night and pain killer myself up.
Body weight hanging around 142-147 depending on sleep etc. I also weigh 3lbs heavier at Site. Haha.

Anyone got an in for entry level 797? I did a ride along and fucking loved it. Dumped 5 loads in the hopper and they expected me out for a couple hours and I did nearly a whole shift. My interview was canceled - I want to believe it's because they filled all their entry level positions, however the timing and what I'd been told the week prior before the interview was set up makes me believe my supervisor caught wind and squashed me. People keep saying they don't know why I wasn't offered a job immediately. I guess lots of people don't actually like driving them? Or only use it to jump to shovels? I dunno.
Man oh man I wanna drive those trucks! Don't want shovels. Don't want anything else. Just wanna drive the big guys. Trying to stay patient. My current position is less stressful now but comes with a side of less job security.

Back to the training log. I'm definely carrying some extra insulation, but at the same time, I think I'm staying fairly lean and doing a good job of keeping on track.

Anyone who thinks 'offseason' or improvement season can be relaxed and less strict, isn't serious about what they're doing. What you do outside of prep shows on stage. You can't eat like an asshole and train like a pussy and expect to make gains. So I'm super pleased with my nutrition (oh, I'm bumped up again!) and my training intensity.

Nutrition bumped again. Carbs now at 250gr a day. Protein still 150gr, with an extra 20 on training days. Fat at a nice 50gr. Plus my veggies.
Cardio bumped up to 4 days a week at 30 mins, just a nice steady state HR around 135-140.

Cardio dropped to 3 days a week 30 mins still steady state.
Food increased again. Added another meal.
170P/280C/50F + greens. New meal has no fat. Works out to approx 2370 cals.
Non training days is 140P. 2250 cals?

12 weeks in to this training routine. He's going to build me a new one! Wooooo.
I'm feeling strong. Looking strong. Pleased with where we're going.

Coach is pleased with the 100 Primo so we won't likely bump to 150. No idea how long we'll run for.

Has this rule changed at work now with legalization? I also have a script and find it helps for many things , i make my own CBD tinctures out of isolate. Didnt even know they tested for cbd , thought only thc.

Cannabis CBD oil has a very small amount of thc, which activates the cannabinoids, so even though it is a very small amount it will show up on testing

@Heebshouse is it from hemp or cannabis. BIG difference

"The flower-tops and leaves of some industrial hemp strains may be a viable source of CBD (legal issues notwithstanding), but hemp is by no means an optimal source of cannabidiol. Industrial hemp typically contains far less cannabidiol than CBD-rich cannabis. Huge amounts of industrial hemp are required to extract a small amount of CBD, thereby raising the risk of toxic contaminants because hemp is a “bio-accumulator” that draws heavy metals from the soil.
Single-molecule CBD synthesized in a lab or extracted and refined from industrial hemp lacks critical medicinal terpenes and secondary cannabinoids found in cannabis strains. These compounds interact with CBD and THC to enhance their therapeutic benefits."

Has this rule changed at work now with legalization? I also have a script and find it helps for many things , i make my own CBD tinctures out of isolate. Didnt even know they tested for cbd , thought only thc.
That's going to depend on your place of work. Mine specifically redid its A&D policy to include CBD. As an active mining site, it's a bit more strict due to the necessary safety requirements.

Got my new training program yesterday! Or the day before.
Haven't set it up yet but I'll start it tomorrow. It's another 6 day a week training. We're really gonna focus on building the muscle now! Mass time baby! *starts flexing at everyone*

And I got more food. Way more food. Coach was like 'you only put on .2lbs? Well ... more food for you!'

So far loving my new program. We've split quads and hams into two separate days. Got one day hypertrophy for back and one day strength. Chest is with the legs. And two days shoulders and arms. I'm through 5/6 days so far.
Only issue was the first day.
Knees have been good, right? So we've got leg extensions in there. I did fine the first 3 sets and the 4th massive pain in my patella and medial area of my knee. 5th set was agony and I only managed 4 reps before tapping out nearly in tears.
Lunges have also been added back in and they went okay as well for the first set but the second set started hurting.

Primo going well. I'm feeling stronger and thicker. Like my muscles are responding well. No side effects noticed.

Last week I had a better time of the leg extensions.
Pant legs and shirts are tighter. Ugh. Haha.
My bench dropped 20lbs but everything else is increasing. My excuse is that I slept like crap the night before.

Quite a few exercises last week dropped in strength. I’m blaming it on the new program because it’s a beast of a routine for sure.

Also added in delt shots for my test/primo. First one was last Fri am and I’m just being able to lift that left arm without a ton of pain now. The whole injection hurt like a bitch. Figuring I was a little low on the muscle. Today I hit a bit higher on my right and it hurt for a bit post-inj but seems to be ok now.

Added in the delt shots because the two glute shots last Mon (on the left) and the Fri before (on the right) still have oil lumps under that area causing me issue. No longer warm to the touch but still randomly itchy. I keep massaging a bit and it’s easier to sleep on my sides now ... I’m just hoping it breaks down soon cause it’s bothering me. Never had that with the test alone. Nor did I have that the first few weeks ...

Missed training Sat & Sun due to spring cleaning and a house showing. I’ll possibly make them up tonight at camp.

Quite a few exercises last week dropped in strength. I’m blaming it on the new program because it’s a beast of a routine for sure.

Also added in delt shots for my test/primo. First one was last Fri am and I’m just being able to lift that left arm without a ton of pain now. The whole injection hurt like a bitch. Figuring I was a little low on the muscle. Today I hit a bit higher on my right and it hurt for a bit post-inj but seems to be ok now.

Added in the delt shots because the two glute shots last Mon (on the left) and the Fri before (on the right) still have oil lumps under that area causing me issue. No longer warm to the touch but still randomly itchy. I keep massaging a bit and it’s easier to sleep on my sides now ... I’m just hoping it breaks down soon cause it’s bothering me. Never had that with the test alone. Nor did I have that the first few weeks ...

Missed training Sat & Sun due to spring cleaning and a house showing. I’ll possibly make them up tonight at camp.

That’s weird, I’ve never had that with primo.