MrsRH: Road to 2020

Done my 10 weeks on Primo. Now I'm just back to my regular RX Test plus keeping my T3 at 37.5/day (has definitely helped).
5 weeks done on my new training program. Coach was like 'really be obnoxious about being enhanced this week - go for the intensity' So I did. And I hit more weight than before with good form and I feel awesome. This program I had dropped most significantly on my RDLs from a solid and steady 135 down to hardly being able to hit 115 some weeks. Well. I busted out 185 on Sat. Fuck yeah.

I'm enjoying the splits he's got me doing. But with home stuff I've been having a hard time getting my Fri/Sat/Sun workouts in. I'm considering doing evening workouts as well while at Camp.

Stats. I'm up to 150lbs. Actually this morning bumped from 150.6 to 151.8. Mostly from inflammation (did a triple workout on Sat) and stress I would venture as I've been solid at 150.6 for a few weeks and there's been no change to food etc.

Saw some people on Saturday that complimented my muscle growth. I'm not fitting half my clothes anymore. But I'm not carrying a ton of fat. Definitely some insulation there. Haha. But I'm impressed with how lean I still am.

Primo - I believe I've responded well to it. Good muscle growth. Sore glutes when injecting there and delts too, with the addition of delts getting very itchy (hives even) and those lumps in the glutes (i think I must have pulled the pin a bit so that was likely user error).

Nice thread!

Figured I'd sub along!

have you tried pinning your lats? I can hit my lat fairly easily with a slin pin and no pain.

Nice thread!

Figured I'd sub along!

have you tried pinning your lats? I can hit my lat fairly easily with a slin pin and no pain.
Thanks!

Nope. Never tried that. Only ever did glutes until I added in the delts ... 5 weeks ago? I use a 25g so I dunno if I could handle the lat. I'm a bit of a pussy. Hahahahaha.

Thanks!

Nope. Never tried that. Only ever did glutes until I added in the delts ... 5 weeks ago? I use a 25g so I dunno if I could handle the lat. I'm a bit of a pussy. Hahahahaha.
Use a slin pin ;)

Raise your arm above your head and pin the front of the lat like that. Even at my fattest stage, that area is pretty lean and you can easily hit it with a half inch slin pin

And my knees are starting to act up again. FFS. Both are aching again and today the left was increasingly in pain with sharp stabs into the mcl area.
Aside from that, I'm still really enjoying my training program. Through 7 weeks of it now. Food still around the 2500 calories I think. Or 2300? Whatever it is. I'm at 150lbs. For reference I'm 5'4. Been feeling more fat around my tummy - don't know if that's from being off the Primo for a couple weeks?

And my knees are starting to act up again. FFS. Both are aching again and today the left was increasingly in pain with sharp stabs into the mcl area.
Aside from that, I'm still really enjoying my training program. Through 7 weeks of it now. Food still around the 2500 calories I think. Or 2300? Whatever it is. I'm at 150lbs. For reference I'm 5'4. Been feeling more fat around my tummy - don't know if that's from being off the Primo for a couple weeks?
i got that physio contact info from our buddy. we can both go see her

9.5 weeks through current program.
I'm feeling less pumped all the time now off Primo but my weight hasn't changed. Maybe I've just gotten used to my gains, because I still have The.Worst time trying to get death trap sports bras on and off.
Noticed my stomach has softened up too. 4 weeks off. BUT also in that time I've missed some workouts and cardio due to packing etc. And have been off on my food some days being low on my calories.

Has anyone else ever split their legs into hamstring and chest, and quads and chest? I definitely recover faster, and like the split, but I don't know if it's a mental thing where even if I'm dead at the end, I don't feel like I truly trained my legs. It's like I feel unbalanced. But yet my hams need a ton of work, so even in the past having a separate glute and hamstring focused day worked but didn't feel the same.

Lab results show last November while on Var my Free Test was 67.7! I would have pinned on Tuesday morning at 1:05am and the blood tests were done Friday at 8:20am I'm curious to see what my March levels were - the Alberta MyHealth thing doesn't show me them so I'll have to wait until my appointment on the 31st.

Routine still as follows:
Day 1 (Tuesday) Chest and Hamstrings
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Shoulders and Arms
Day 4 Quads and Chest
Day 5 Back
Day 6 Shoulders and Arms
1-3 are usually up at camp, I wake up at 1am, training by 1:30.
4-6 are supposed to be Fri-Sun but haven't been getting them all in, so sometimes do a full body incorporating most of the exercises during one longer session whenever I get into the gym on the weekend.
3x30m steady state cardio.

Been good ack at the gym. Noticed a decrease in weight/strength that correlates to feeling my back was out. Also increased pain in my left rear delt - laterals hurt like a bitch and I couldn't even do chest day.
Saw chiro on Sat, did not workout, and she really did a number on me. Got into my shoulder and lat, then also adjusted me and worked my left knee over good to get it tracking properly again.
Didn't train after. Was too sore. Went to massage yesterday and again she really gave me a working, so didn't train yesterday either. Today is a rest day. We'll see how chest day goes tomorrow!

Change the brand of primo next time. You shouldn’t get that much pain.
Also primo is joint protective, I find it helps to reduce inflimation.
It may have allowed you to bang up you knees more, and I do notice when I come off I get a mild coming off of deca like feel. So just be nice to your knees for a bit.

Change the brand of primo next time. You shouldn’t get that much pain.
Also primo is joint protective, I find it helps to reduce inflimation.
It may have allowed you to bang up you knees more, and I do notice when I come off I get a mild coming off of deca like feel. So just be nice to your knees for a bit.
Thanks Sorbs!! I didn't know that about Primo - probably why my knees have been achy, I definitely was able to push them.

Took the last week fairly easy. Still issues with Shoulders and Chest exercises. Saw the chiro again. She spent another 45 directly on my delt - worked all the way round from front to back and told me about the difference she feels in my muscles.
I have some that feel the way they should - and some that are ropey/stringy feeling because they've overused and overcompensating for the others, which feel softer and thinner/weaker because I'm not activating them. It's so cool how they can tell these things.
She gave me more work to do. We called them wall pushes. On my back in dead bug position, hands overhead in a shoulder press setup, push against the wall while keeping my core tight against the floor and knees up. Hold for a count of 10, relax, hold for 9, relax, all the way down to 1. Then I'm allowed to do my shoulder or chest workouts.
Follow up again on the 22.

I've added in wide grip overhand barbell rows to my sternum to also hit those muscles that aren't activating.

Now done 15 weeks on this last program my coach put together for me. I'm on my own now until September so I'm gonna build my own program. First a deload is probably necessary as looking at my journal, the last 4 weeks have been stagnant - both weight and reps. I love building programs. :)

Follow up from my chiro. The wall pushes helped my flat bench, but not my lateral raises/shoulders haha. So now we've changed it up again to floor supported work.

Last two weekends were bodybuilding shows. Confirmation from two judges (one at each) that I need to be moving into figure (or wellness). It was the one that encouraged me to do so after my show(s) last year. I was feeling a little ... small, and I'm part of this group where every day a new bikini girl comes in saying she's quad dominant and needs to move to figure, when they're soooo not quad dominant, they're just fat (PC can shove it - you know what I mean by fat), so I started thinking 'maybe I'm just one of these delusional bitches and have no clue' but having judges tell me my quads are too big for Bikini and I need to move up gives me confidence in that decision.
Plus, watching the bikini vs the figure gals ... I'm over bikini.

Thanks Sorbs!! I didn't know that about Primo - probably why my knees have been achy, I definitely was able to push them.

I’m going to have to ask the company for shares but, I’ve been wearing the REHABAND 7mm knee sleeves for years and they make a huge difference. I typically squat 3 times a week and before could hardly walk by Sat.

Best place to buy, or used to be, was Dicks in the US.

Deload went well ... when I came back I not only crushed 205, but hit 255 deadlifts. Fuck. Yes.

I'm going to do an alternating plan - one week heavy (1-5r), one week moderate (6-12r) - until I'm back with the coach. Yeah, I'm not a power lifter so my focus isn't really on how heavy I can lift, but we all know that increased strength leads to an increase in the weight you can lift to build muscle. So I'll focus on my weaker areas for now.

I'm eating more than 2500 - been eating more protein than was in my plan, but I've also been maintaining at 149 for weeks?months?

Chiro beats me up pretty good but we're working through this shoulder. I've got mobility and activation work daily now to keep it loose and open. She did that fascia scraping thingy on Saturday. Didn't hurt as bad as I thought though I have some soreness still. I did lateral raises for the first time without (lots of) pain yesterday! Baby 10lb weights, but I fuckn did them!

Deload went well ... when I came back I not only crushed 205, but hit 255 deadlifts. Fuck. Yes.

I'm going to do an alternating plan - one week heavy (1-5r), one week moderate (6-12r) - until I'm back with the coach. Yeah, I'm not a power lifter so my focus isn't really on how heavy I can lift, but we all know that increased strength leads to an increase in the weight you can lift to build muscle. So I'll focus on my weaker areas for now.

I'm eating more than 2500 - been eating more protein than was in my plan, but I've also been maintaining at 149 for weeks?months?

Chiro beats me up pretty good but we're working through this shoulder. I've got mobility and activation work daily now to keep it loose and open. She did that fascia scraping thingy on Saturday. Didn't hurt as bad as I thought though I have some soreness still. I did lateral raises for the first time without (lots of) pain yesterday! Baby 10lb weights, but I fuckn did them!

“fascia scraping thingy” I assume you mean graston...I hated it but now have a sick love for it. Try it on you Achilles or neck!!

I think most of us under estimate the value of deload in total progress. I just started putting it in my phone for every 8 weeks so I don’t ignore it and keep pushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff with the deads MrsRH.

I should really have a deload week too but it's so hard to do when you're blasting. OGJJ's idea of putting it in the phone is good.