MrsRH: Road to 2020

Been cruising along. 4 months off Primo. Just my BHRT, and some CBD when I'm off shift. Program I built for myself - I really enjoyed it but have realized I was way overtraining. I'd have a full workout with one muscle group focus then do a lighter focus secondary muscle group, so I was hitting all muscles twice a week and was in the gym for 2 hours training and then 45m cardio. After the first 5 weeks, I was doing (fairly) great but have noticed the last couple weeks (plus several Thursdays past where I'd sleep through my alarms an skip training) just dropping. My CNS has been fried and I've been pushing it. So I've cut the secondary exercises and will focus on just single muscle groups once per week. Tuesday is hamstrings, Wednesday is Shoulders and cardio, Thursday is back and cardio, Friday is quads, Saturday is ... chest if I make it to the gym, and cardio, and Sunday is Arms and cardio if I need to finish off remaining time.

We're going to Jamaica in a few months and part of me really wants to do a cut so I can a) fit into my suits and b) not be a beached whale on the beach but another part of me doesn't want to hinder gains and progress for the beach - what if doing a cut takes away from my growth?

Been cruising along. 4 months off Primo. Just my BHRT, and some CBD when I'm off shift. Program I built for myself - I really enjoyed it but have realized I was way overtraining. I'd have a full workout with one muscle group focus then do a lighter focus secondary muscle group, so I was hitting all muscles twice a week and was in the gym for 2 hours training and then 45m cardio. After the first 5 weeks, I was doing (fairly) great but have noticed the last couple weeks (plus several Thursdays past where I'd sleep through my alarms an skip training) just dropping. My CNS has been fried and I've been pushing it. So I've cut the secondary exercises and will focus on just single muscle groups once per week. Tuesday is hamstrings, Wednesday is Shoulders and cardio, Thursday is back and cardio, Friday is quads, Saturday is ... chest if I make it to the gym, and cardio, and Sunday is Arms and cardio if I need to finish off remaining time.

We're going to Jamaica in a few months and part of me really wants to do a cut so I can a) fit into my suits and b) not be a beached whale on the beach but another part of me doesn't want to hinder gains and progress for the beach - what if doing a cut takes away from my growth?

My experience... I believe you grow better after you have been in cal deficit for a period. Every time I had to lighten up for a bit to make my weight class for Jiu jitsu I got good gains right after.

Plus from a husband perspective...I am sure RH wants you feeling and looking your best on vacation. Nothing stresses a husband more than when getting dressed for the beach as you get asked “does this bikini make my blah look big”. Or the worst, a fit younger lady walks down the beach and wife asks “am I bigger than her”.

You work hard for your vacation so get ready for it and show off your physique (it’s one reason we work so hard) plus you have less guilt indulging at meal time st the resort.

M2C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience... I believe you grow better after you have been in cal deficit for a period. Every time I had to lighten up for a bit to make my weight class for Jiu jitsu I got good gains right after.

Plus from a husband perspective...I am sure RH wants you feeling and looking your best on vacation. Nothing stresses a husband more than when getting dressed for the beach as you get asked “does this bikini make my blah look big”. Or the worst, a fit younger lady walks down the beach and wife asks “am I bigger than her”.

You work hard for your vacation so get ready for it and show off your physique (it’s one reason we work so hard) plus you have less guilt indulging at meal time st the resort.

M2C

Thanks ogjj! I appreciate your input. :)

Okay. Eeeek. I'm going to post my progress pictures. Taken last Friday, Aug 23, start of my Jamaica cut.
Cut is not going well so far. Haha.
Plan: every week cut 100 calories, increase NEAT via daily steps, and approximate caloric burn during training to stay at a minimum 300, cardio caloric burn to increase every week (mostly steady state to preserve as much muscle).
2/3 days hit step goals. 0/3 days hit calorie goals - all were significantly less than what I've been maintaining at. Training I missed a day, but did 'enough' during the other 2 to 'cover off' the balance from that day.
And my weight is up. 152.6. When I've been maintaining at 149-150 for several months. What. The. Fuck. Was measured at just under 5'5 on Friday at the doc. Shoulder and posture work has increased my height again!

Ok. Pics. Don't laugh at fluffy unicorn. Ugh. Photo quality severely depleted - had to transfer to the iPad (which I use CB on), then over to my other phone to compress, then back ... that's my excuse.

8 Week Program I did for myself will be done this week, I see some changes I want to make for going forward. I don't think we'll be picking up with our coach again right away (we'd planned for Sept 1), so I'll modify a bit further and keep going with it. I'd love input.

Alternating Weeks: Heavy (1-5), Moderate (10/6-12) - Primary muscle group followed by 12+ reps on secondary
Tuesday: Hamstrings. Chest, Calves.
Wednesday: Shoulders. Quads, Abs.
Thursday: Back. Arms, Abs.
Friday: Quads. Shoulders, Calves.
Saturday: Arms. Back, Abs.
Sunday: Chest. Hams, Calves.

At some point early in August, I cut the secondary muscle groups as my workouts were reaching a couple hours long and I was just fried all the time.

Monday is my fly day, so is my rest day. At camp I have an Olympic lifting platform and the power rack has the low safety (it's the rack frame? I don't know how to explain, they're not moveable, part of the frame itself, because it's the cage rack). I prefer to do my deadlifts and rack pulls there, as I don't have to worry about smashing shit. The rack pulls - that lower metal frame is about an inch below my knees. We have lying leg curl and the standing/kneeling single leg leg curl and single leg leg extension. While our main gym at home has hammer ISO row, adductor/abductor, pec dec, assisted dip, and 4 racks (all of them standard power racks).

My focus muscle groups are hamstrings, shoulders, and back. Secondary focus is quads, arms, chest.

Attachments

• IMG_6187.jpg
    IMG_6187.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 48
Finally going to take @Roadhouse 's advice and get more sleep while at camp. Switching it up - cardio first thing around 3:30am, breakfast at 4 still, then workout after work around 4:45-5:00pm, eat dinner by 6:30, asleep by 7:30, awake at 3am.

Oh. My. God.
Training after work fucking suuuuucks. The gym is full of people who swarm around a piece of equipment and do 80 sets of chatting or pull benches around a machine and stretch and use up space they don't need. 80% of the people have no clue what they're doing. 10% do but aren't serious lifters. 5% are serious. 5% are trying to impress whoever is around them - including the new 'trainer' OMG I wanted to correct him soooo badly on some bad advice he was giving this girl but no ... I didn't. He's flirt-training. Ugh.
I don't know if I can do it. I could see myself doing cardio after work and keep training in the morning...

Oh. My. God.
Training after work fucking suuuuucks. The gym is full of people who swarm around a piece of equipment and do 80 sets of chatting or pull benches around a machine and stretch and use up space they don't need. 80% of the people have no clue what they're doing. 10% do but aren't serious lifters. 5% are serious. 5% are trying to impress whoever is around them - including the new 'trainer' OMG I wanted to correct him soooo badly on some bad advice he was giving this girl but no ... I didn't. He's flirt-training. Ugh.
I don't know if I can do it. I could see myself doing cardio after work and keep training in the morning...

Ahhh welcome to my life.

Oh. My. God.
...and this is why I work nightshift.

Absolutely HATE working out after 5PM not only do I not feel 100% but all the people just irritate me.

Oh. My. God.

A good, strong Pre-Workout can be your friend in these situations. Once you take that, there's no going back. :)

I'm going to do a couple things. 1. Train in the morning. 2. Keep it to 45m. 3. Possibly do my cardio after training - depending on what crew is on shift, then I can eat breakfast with my friends post workout at 4, or pound a shake and go back to sleep for a bit. 4. Do cardio after work if not done in the morning.

Did chest day for the first time in 5-6 weeks. Didn't realize how long it'd been with everything going on. And all free weights. I usually have been doing barbell and cables, but trained with Roadhouse. Felt good. Loosened up the shoulder and didn't have any pain.

Here we are, another fly day.
So Roadhouse decided enough is enough. Haha.
May 30 is the day. 264 days. 38 weeks. Show time!
First up: Jamaica cut ... I'm down to 147.6. With 67 days / 9 weeks to continue tightening up. Instead of following a prep cut with gradual increases as required etc, I decided to just drop straight to a 600cal deficit and any exercise/cardio burn is over and above. Then I saw near immediate change.
Next up: Show. After Jamaica I'll have 7 or 8 weeks before I start prep. I like a 20 week prep. But I'm considering trying another coach (nothing against our last coach) so I'm not sure how she works. But she's damn impressive so ...

Ack! Gotta hit the road. Later gators

Oh. My. God.

I second that. I am pretty lucky that camp is only 20mins from Ft.Mac :) I get up and head in for 1.5 hrs..... give or take. Plus I'm out in the "real world" lol.
And this year, the gym is free with our Syncrude badges !!!

I second that. I am pretty lucky that camp is only 20mins from Ft.Mac :) I get up and head in for 1.5 hrs..... give or take. Plus I'm out in the "real world" lol.
And this year, the gym is free with our Syncrude badges !!!
Syncrude, Yuck! :sick:

Annnd my weight is back up. :rolleyes:

5 months off Primo. I want to jump back on already vs wait another month to evaluate. 7 weeks to Jamaica, 37 weeks to stage ... where would it fit best though? I'm not sure if we'll try EQ next round as I've heard it's hard on the joints vs Primo. But the pain I had with Primo - it'd be nice to try a different lab. By the time I'm home it'll be 5 weeks - not long enough to see anything start before we hit up the beach so it'd have to be after, which I think would be okay ... closer to the six months off and use it heading into prep. But then, I also don't know what new coach would recommend or want to see me do.

All signs point to having fractured my foot - right at the joint between the base of the fifth phalange and head of the fifth metatarsal ... likely a stress fracture as I don't recall dropping anything on my foot, just is becoming really painful then last Saturday noticed a massive bruise. This past week it's really trying to heal, but then it acts up again.

In camp until the 26th. Going to be in Fort Mac for the ATC Cultural Festival this weekend. But being at camp also makes it easier to hit the gym for workouts and cardio. If I want to fit those suits, I need cardio - I'm thinking that while at home I'm going to have to cut out my workouts entirely and just do cardio because when Roadhouse and I train at the same time I never have enough time to do cardio. One or the other going forward. I'll double workouts while at camp maybe so that I get everything in. Do my lacking parts in the morning, then others in the evening when it doesn't matter if the gym is full. Cardio post morning workout, so I can still get to bed at a semi-decent time.

Finished another 4 weeks training - similar to the last I posted with some minor changes.

Finally got to a walk in clinic and saw a doc, sent me for X-rays. My chiro pulled it up and said it doesn't look like a major fracture, but there's definitely something wrong there. She's going to call me tomorrow and give me the radiologist report. She suggested I use the bike for cardio because I can put the force on my heel instead of the ball of my foot, and I need to be wearing box toe or wider shoes. It still hurts and isn't getting better.

Right elbow progressively getting worse. Chiro did some graston work on it and gave me some daily exercises. Pronation hurts like a bitch - my back workouts have suffered and I can't even grab a bench handle to make a bench.

Shoulder has been great! Took a solid 2+ months to work it out and rehab it then another month to not feel any pain at all during training! Wooo. Sometimes it still gets tight and achey during the day. I'm still solid doing my shoulder activations 8-12m prior to any shoulder or chest work.

Knees are sometimes good sometimes bad. Eh.

Jamaica Cut: Progress = negative. Ffs. Progressive caloric drop didn't work. 600 cal drop didn't work. Next up: PSMF Rapid Fat Loss attempt. Still need to work out the exact details, but I'm going extreme to test it out. Why the fuck not, right? My weight is up and I've been solidly in a 600+ caloric deficit plus increased daily calorie burn.

Input Please:
I'd like to run Primo when we get back from Jamaica. This will be my second cycle with Primo. Last time I split doses 50 Friday 50 Monday so I could take it with my Test and not have to bring it to Site. Should I add anything to it or just stick with Primo? I might reduce the amount a little as I did experience some sides, but I also really liked the sustained strength post and how well I responded to it. I had bad pain every single shot last go, so I'll be trying a different lab. Three days of pip every time got old fast.