MrsRH: Road to 2020

MrsRH

As I have a coach, I won't be posting details about my training and nutrition - but I'll try to keep up with how it's going and some general info.

Right now I'm training 5 days a week. No cardio. A few days hypertrophy and a couple days power.
Training days I get 20g extra protein.
Nutrition is at 130P/170C/50F plus greens.

Strength continues to rise. I'm 8 weeks post show I think? Being off everything plus no cardio plus my BHRT ... and eating like crap here and there ... my weight is up quite a bit. And mostly in the lady areas. My gut and butt. Haha.

Went through some post show blues for sure this time. Mental status up and down. There's been a couple weeks where I didn't even train. And days where I didn't even eat. People at camp have been asking where I've been because I've not been constant at the gym in the mornings.
But I feel I've gotten past that and am getting back on track. It's different not already having my next show picked out.
That's part of the mental mind fuck, I guess. Not being stage lean, and getting used to being back at the gym with a different focus and purpose.

Leg day yesterday. Really feeling it in my left hamstring - solid DOMS. But my right is more than DOMS, it's in pain. For fucks sake. I've had a minor tear or something under the glute for ages that's never really healed, and it fucking hurts. At least my knees aren't aching!
Enough wining. It felt good to really push it at the gym. Today is rest day. Also fly day. I'm getting on the plane in about 15 mins.

Good luck.. I love how it says road to 2020.. most people set unrealist short term goals and fail. Time and consistency will win everytime. I noticed you said in camp, I hope you have decent clean good choices.. all I ate in camp was veggies, boiled eggs and overly salted chicken breast.. oh and more eggs..lol

Last edited:
Good luck.. I love how it says road to 2020.. most people set unrealist short term goals and fail. Time and consistency will win everytime. I noticed you said in camp, I hope you have decent clean good choices.. all I ate in camp was veggies, boiled eggs and overly salted chicken breast.. oh and more eggs..lol
@Cheapshot - awesome reply you posted about camp diet!!! so true

Doing one (or two!) shows a year does not give enough time to make any significant improvement to a physique, I believe. Don't want to be one of those gals who hit the stage a year later and go 'look at the improvements!' and have people say oh yeah, great gainz! When the difference is negligible. Haha

They're pretty darn good. They cook up plain chicken breast and rice and greens for me for my days in. If the dinner is shit ... eggs/egg whites it is! Haha.

So I'm on the 4&3 shift. I bring my meals for Monday, and Tuesday morning I pick up my food for Tue-Thur from the cafeteria. They've been really great about it. When they found out I was bringing up 15lbs of food a week, they offered to prep for me! So then I just have my post workout meal of eggs and oatmeal and my dinner in the caf. Sometimes they'll give me steak, but it's usually chicken and rice. Green beans or brussels. Sometimes potatoes. And it works well because I've got a mini fridge in my office!

I train on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. This allows both fly days to be rest days.

Workouts are currently around an hour. I'm definitely 'done' by the end of them! I feel strong.

Some updates based on some suggestions the guys gave.

Weight 147
Height 5'3.5-5'5 depending on the day and who is measuring.
Age 33
Cycle Nothing right now. BHRT including Testosterone, Progesterone, and have added 25mg Tiromel
Training 5 Days a week - 2 power 3 hypertrophy
Nutrition 130P/170C/50F plus greens
Pictures Hell No.
Videos Nope.
Consistency I'll try!
Progress Good progress. Strength going up every week.
Training background Steady since 2012, for the decade+ before that was on and off through sports in school wrestling and rugby mostly, boxing with my gramps and that style of training, 02-12 was entirely on and off. 12-15 was steady kicking ass in the gym trying different training methods. 15 to now was Coach led for competition prep.
Cycle history / experience Mostly Var. Have run 4 or 5 times now. Also have done T3, Nolva, Clen ... I think that's it.
Cycle dosages or changes Var 5-12 depending on what I was using it for and the length of time. Have done 6-8 weeks mostly though this last one was 13.
Measurements Ugh. Haven't taken these in ages!
Goals Build muscle right now - I want to be a solid and lean 150 before I think about another prep/show. I'm 147 now but not as built as I want to be. Who knows, maybe it'll get bigger but one step at a time. My coach is putting together a year plan for me right now.
Contest prep. Have done 5 preps and coached 2.
Contest dates or count downs. Did shows 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2 in 2018. No plans now until 2020.
Posing information or tips Practice every fucking day. Video everything. Video you being an idiot because when you're not paying attention you'll find the most exceptional angle that flatters you that you'd never have considered. If you're on stage in heels, wear those fucking heels to cook, clean, get mail, everywhere. Let the guys at work make fun of you for your 'night job' because when you hit prep and make your routine and hit stage? You'll be smooth as butter and look like a pro. And don't fucking change your routine a week out. Or your basic poses.
Any mental issues or thoughts that arise which may become a barrier +/or how to prevent or overcome them Once you hit the stage, the mind fuck will begin. You might hit it through prep and think 5-7 weeks out is bad ... just wait till post show when you hit your normal maintenance weight. You will never feel good enough again. Go in with solid mental attitude and fortitude. Understand that stage weight is not sustainable. Understand that social media is the devil and comparing yourself to others is only detrimental to your sanity. All those people posting their rock hard abs? Most of those are throwbacks, not that they'll say so. My profile picture is show day. Not progesterone is high and my gut is fluffy. Dig deep and get over it. Lift the weights and do it for you.
Injuries So many. Knees are the big ones.
Physiotherapy, massage therapy, other treatments, etc. Haven't been in a while. Physio did fuck all for my injuries. Chiro did amazing things. After 3 weeks of chiro (after 13 physio with quote '13 more') I was riding a bike without pain and I hadn't ridden a bike in like 13 years. Also have a great masseuse.
Anything that motivates them or us. Motivation can't come from external sources. What motivates you? Just fucking do it.
Anything new or experiment Nothing new right now.

Words of wisdom.
Yeah I look back at what I looked like at 9% bodyfat last February in a video I took then look at me in all my fatimess right now and I want to bevlean agsin. But I also like to eat what I want, lol.

If I compete it will be in my 50’s

Food remains the same.
Training remains the same.

I hit 151.something lbs. Coach has added cardio 3x25 mins intense steady state /HR 135-140.

And tomorrow I'll start a low dose Var for 6 weeks. Prob 10mg. After that take a break and move into some primo or EQ. Again, low dose.

Still on all my BHRT (Test inj 2x/week + progesterone) plus T3. Did 3 weeks 25mg Tiromel and I'm 1 week into Prosum T3 (coach wanted to see if there's a difference in my response to each so 3 weeks on the pharma Tiromel (though for the life of us we can't remember where it came from ... got it for my last prep) and now 3 weeks on the other. So far I don't notice any difference.

Strength during training is mostly increasing. Some has dropped and some is maintaining. So quite typical.

So. Noticed differences between the Tiromel and Prosum T3. Prosum has a different effect on my hormones as my chin and shoulders have been broken out. Started last week. We’ll see after another week if there’s any other noticeable difference.

Var going on only 4 days so nothing to report.

Was quite swollen yesterday. No clue why. But hands and feet huge. And my gut. Wholly fuck I looked obese. I’m still swollen today but not as much.

Was late to bed last night so I switched my rest day tomorrow for today and slept in.

Been practicing figure poses. Never too early to start!

Good gym session on Sunday. Legs. Cardio. Hamstrings were burrrrning! Awwwyeah!
Monday is fly day and rest day. Tuesday is Ieper body. Wednesday is legs. Both those are heavy. So tomorrow I’ll busy out some heavy leg exercises followed by cardio.

So. Noticed differences between the Tiromel and Prosum T3. Prosum has a different effect on my hormones as my chin and shoulders have been broken out. Started last week. We’ll see after another week if there’s any other noticeable difference.

Var going on only 4 days so nothing to report.

Was quite swollen yesterday. No clue why. But hands and feet huge. And my gut. Wholly fuck I looked obese. I’m still swollen today but not as much.

Was late to bed last night so I switched my rest day tomorrow for today and slept in.

Been practicing figure poses. Never too early to start!

Good gym session on Sunday. Legs. Cardio. Hamstrings were burrrrning! Awwwyeah!
Monday is fly day and rest day. Tuesday is Ieper body. Wednesday is legs. Both those are heavy. So tomorrow I’ll busy out some heavy leg exercises followed by cardio.

Did you start the var? You sure that’s not what broke you out?

Did you start the var? You sure that’s not what broke you out?
Yes, I’m sure. Breakouts happened last week/week before approximately 3 days after switching to the Prosum. Started Var on Sunday. And I’ve never broken out from Inno Var - this is the same bag/batch as I used during prep.

Great leg workout this morning.
Stairmill cardio.

You know that endorphin rush after a great session? Enjoyed that this morning! So much so that I ended up here at work super early. Coworker walks by ‘you didn’t sleep here, did you?!’ Haha.

Because of my knee issues we have to play around with what I can do for leg days.
Today I warmed up then did some goblet squats. Leg press I’m back to a solid 6 plates (3/side) and increasing strength. As long as I shove my knees out I’m fairly good but still get that pain in the lower vastus medialis area. Did some hip thrusts on the smith. RDLs. Lying leg curls. Strength up on all 3. And calf raises. Calves are (very) slowly getting used to being directly trained again. And some banded abductions to burn out my glutes.
Abs. Cardio.
Drenched my knee in Voltaren and Deep Relief (icy cool) but it’s still hurtin like a sumbitch.

Great leg workout this morning.
Stairmill cardio.

You know that endorphin rush after a great session? Enjoyed that this morning! So much so that I ended up here at work super early. Coworker walks by ‘you didn’t sleep here, did you?!’ Haha.

Because of my knee issues we have to play around with what I can do for leg days.
Today I warmed up then did some goblet squats. Leg press I’m back to a solid 6 plates (3/side) and increasing strength. As long as I shove my knees out I’m fairly good but still get that pain in the lower vastus medialis area. Did some hip thrusts on the smith. RDLs. Lying leg curls. Strength up on all 3. And calf raises. Calves are (very) slowly getting used to being directly trained again. And some banded abductions to burn out my glutes.
Abs. Cardio.
Drenched my knee in Voltaren and Deep Relief (icy cool) but it’s still hurtin like a sumbitch.

I find cannabis cream better than Voltaren for joint relief. It works wonders for arthritis. It doesn’t work immediately but does build up to good relief after a few days use. The GOA website should carry it when it goes live in two weeks if you do not have a reliable source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find cannabis cream better than Voltaren for joint relief. It works wonders for arthritis. It doesn’t work immediately but does build up to good relief after a few days use. The GOA website should carry it when it goes live in two weeks if you do not have a reliable source.

I have a prescription for medical ... but I'm not allowed to use it because of where I work. Even on days off I'm not allowed because it's only a few days. And yes, even just CBD. Not allowed. CBD would enable me to get rid of my pain mess and my beta blockers but ... *shrug* in the eyes of my company, its better for me to be high on site and impaired than be pain and tremor free with a clear mind.

I have a prescription for medical ... but I'm not allowed to use it because of where I work. Even on days off I'm not allowed because it's only a few days. And yes, even just CBD. Not allowed. CBD would enable me to get rid of my pain mess and my beta blockers but ... *shrug* in the eyes of my company, its better for me to be high on site and impaired than be pain and tremor free with a clear mind.

Brutal but I get it... I do live in AB

Last edited: