got new blood work-->fasting blood sugar and blood insulin levels.

Yeah I remember your threads on that.

I think maybe write down what the tests were for and what you were going for and then have him read it over to understand before moving on. I know you don't have a ton of different doctors to choose from so you may need to get him up to speed.

Yeah its frustrating. Did you try and find that video yet?

lol.. what video???

@animal-inside I’m sorry to hear you’re going through so much nonsense with the healthcare system. This must be really frustrating for you. I got upset just from reading about your experiences. I truly hope you get to the bottom of this. Please keep us posted.

Wife asked me "so are you going to try a different doctor? You've always had so much better care when you drove to the next town and used their dr's... " I told her " nope.. I'm frustrated and feel if I waste anymore time on the medical syatem I'll loose it"..

Truthfully, I got a couple kids and some gear I feel like I might use before going to the doctor to try again maybe in aug/sept.

@Sorbate what is considered a high dose? 6iu to 9iu? Also, is long term anything over 6 months or 1 year or 2+ years? I’m gonna do some digging on this. Thanks for mentioning it.

I have no scientific evidence, but logic would say, any amount that starts to cause insulin resistance over a specific point over a specific duration.

Each person is likely a bit different.

As an example, 3 iu for a year may cause beta cell stress, done for 5 years could create an issues of reduced beta cell production. (Could occur in less time)

My thought is, the beta cells can likely take a bit of a pounding, like the liver and kidneys (obviously more of a pounding in a younger person) for a certain amount of time before damage starts to occur. So for me it could be 6 months, for you could be 2 years since you are younger.

I would bet that close to a replacement dose wouldn’t cause any issues, so 1 iu, 1.5 iu long term. But taking a few months off every year.

Just like running 125-200 mg of test long term wouldn’t cause issues.

Now if Dave Pulmbo is correct that using long acting insulin gives the beta cells a rest, and helps with recovery, then as long as you don’t extremely abuse like 5iu for a couple years, then you might be able to reverse the damage.

Just like I took NAC and astragulus to revert what I suspect very minor damage to my kidneys (thru minor inconsistent protein leakage) I suspect I got from running tren and other compounds at higher than trt for numerous years.

That being said, is this a complete cure to both the beta cells or kidneys, likely not, but will bring it within clinical ok levels as long as you don’t continually stress the organs. The main reason why I am not running tren or high doses anymore.

This is also why I like the idea of pulsing gh peptides better, because you are still allowing your body some control thru the feed back loops.

That being said, I could be completely wrong in my thought process on everything, but using the basic knowledge I have and applying it in a simple way for me to understand just seems to make complete sense.

@animal-inside I can't be much help with the main topic of the thread but I sure can sympathize with the way you feel about some of the treatment you've rec'd. Been there done that. Mostly posting to congratulate you for not throwing anyone out a window, although that's just an assumption on my part.
Now that I'm typing I'll encourage you to bear down and keep trying to get the help that you know you need. If not for yourself then for your loved ones. I think I know enough about you to bet the farm that you have done all kinds of shit that you didn't enjoy for the sake of the people around you before now.

Good Luck my friend.

I have no scientific evidence, but logic would say, any amount that starts to cause insulin resistance over a specific point over a specific duration.

Each person is likely a bit different.

As an example, 3 iu for a year may cause beta cell stress, done for 5 years could create an issues of reduced beta cell production. (Could occur in less time)

My thought is, the beta cells can likely take a bit of a pounding, like the liver and kidneys (obviously more of a pounding in a younger person) for a certain amount of time before damage starts to occur. So for me it could be 6 months, for you could be 2 years since you are younger.

I would bet that close to a replacement dose wouldn’t cause any issues, so 1 iu, 1.5 iu long term. But taking a few months off every year.

Just like running 125-200 mg of test long term wouldn’t cause issues.

Now if Dave Pulmbo is correct that using long acting insulin gives the beta cells a rest, and helps with recovery, then as long as you don’t extremely abuse like 5iu for a couple years, then you might be able to reverse the damage.

Just like I took NAC and astragulus to revert what I suspect very minor damage to my kidneys (thru minor inconsistent protein leakage) I suspect I got from running tren and other compounds at higher than trt for numerous years.

That being said, is this a complete cure to both the beta cells or kidneys, likely not, but will bring it within clinical ok levels as long as you don’t continually stress the organs. The main reason why I am not running tren or high doses anymore.

This is also why I like the idea of pulsing gh peptides better, because you are still allowing your body some control thru the feed back loops.

That being said, I could be completely wrong in my thought process on everything, but using the basic knowledge I have and applying it in a simple way for me to understand just seems to make complete sense.

makes you wonder how many pro's are now insulin dependant or type 2 because of the rampant hgh use.. I'd be interested to know the stats.

@animal-inside I can't be much help with the main topic of the thread but I sure can sympathize with the way you feel about some of the treatment you've rec'd. Been there done that. Mostly posting to congratulate you for not throwing anyone out a window, although that's just an assumption on my part.

It takes a lot for me to get mad these days, frustration still happens easily, but mad is a different sotry..

Now that I'm typing I'll encourage you to bear down and keep trying to get the help that you know you need. If not for yourself then for your loved ones. I think I know enough about you to bet the farm that you have done all kinds of shit that you didn't enjoy for the sake of the people around you before now.

Good Luck my friend.

I will for sure get it sorted out, btu from what I have read, if my pancrease isn't producing insulin to manage the blood sugar, it will slowly get worse over time.. and in the past dr's woudl try various type 2 treatments and none work and the blood sugar just slowly rises until they are put on insulin and then the blod sugar falls in line.

Point is, I doubt dr's woudl have any treatment for me if I truly lack enough slin right now.. they would just monitor my blodo sugar until it got high eough to warrant insulin use. So right now, I'm actually doing OK considering my A1c is still not at full type 2 levels, its still hovering around pre diabetic. And if I can't produce enough inslun, nothign will change my A1c except inslun with it gets bad eough.

It takes a lot for me to get mad these days, frustration still happens easily, but mad is a different sotry..

I will for sure get it sorted out, btu from what I have read, if my pancrease isn't producing insulin to manage the blood sugar, it will slowly get worse over time.. and in the past dr's woudl try various type 2 treatments and none work and the blood sugar just slowly rises until they are put on insulin and then the blod sugar falls in line.

Point is, I doubt dr's woudl have any treatment for me if I truly lack enough slin right now.. they would just monitor my blodo sugar until it got high eough to warrant insulin use. So right now, I'm actually doing OK considering my A1c is still not at full type 2 levels, its still hovering around pre diabetic. And if I can't produce enough inslun, nothign will change my A1c except inslun with it gets bad eough.
They are on the edge of a new treatment to restore the beta cells. They are just startling human trials.

Is it too private to ask what was wrong?
I don't mind sharing, I had liver tumours, over 10 of them, I can't say I was negligent of the possibility this may happen and I think a lot had to do with my mental health at the time when I was younger. I was very aware of the risks of anabolic steroids but choose that path due to depression and being okay with death if it meant a more enjoyable life. At some points I may have been even wanting to push the limits to chase death, so I don't think this would normally be the case for most who use anabolic steroids.

Wife asked me "so are you going to try a different doctor? You've always had so much better care when you drove to the next town and used their dr's... " I told her " nope.. I'm frustrated and feel if I waste anymore time on the medical syatem I'll loose it"..

Truthfully, I got a couple kids and some gear I feel like I might use before going to the doctor to try again maybe in aug/sept.
Honestly, if I were you, I'd go to which ever hospital was the biggest in your area and see their doctors, I can confidently say if I stuck around seeing my local hospitals doctor, I'd be dead right now. He seemed a bit dis-interested in my case, I can't say for sure but I almost felt like he was okay with me dying considering I did do most of the damage to my body myself. I had a pretty serious case and knowing what I know now, if I just monitored it and waited like he suggested, there's no way I would be alive.

I did a lot of reading on insulin resistance in the past and diabetes, it was quite interesting to me because of its connection with body composition and a few things that coincide with some of your posts may be of use

One thing in particular is, technically, when you follow a keto diet, or any low carb diet, the body does become insulin resistant to where you will test positive for diabetes, however this is actually a temporary and not permanent state. After reintroducing carbohydrates to your diet, the body should reverse within a week, so it might be that you're just testing positive for insulin resistance due to the keto diet.

The other thing is, both thyroid hormone and anabolic steroids increase insulin resistance, along with growth hormone, it has to do with being in an anabolic state and how these hormones increase blood sugars and insulin to cause an anabolic state. Typically thyroid hormone increases when blood sugars are low, this is because it makes the body dump sugar into the blood to raise it back up.

Although I don't believe its been proven yet, I do think testosterone itself when elevated chronically (long periods of time) also causes insulin resistance, I looked into the human body and its natural release of hormones and found it interesting that most hormones are released in a fasted state, they usually decline when you eat, which makes me think the two states of eating and having hormones elevated conflict with each other and it makes sense. Testosterone, thyroid and growth hormone are usually released when you're fasted, I've experimented with all 3 a lot and each coincided with increased blood sugars.

If you truly do have pre-diabetes, I really think you should go 100% into down-sizing and decreasing hormone supplementation, it's one of the only ways I found to significantly increase insulin sensitivity. I personally try to take testosterone with a gel to have the peaks and troughs daily, I think its a mechanism the body follows to keep androgen receptors sensitized while also giving the body a state that's more optimal for nutrient intake during the day.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd go to which ever hospital was the biggest in your area and see their doctors, I can confidently say if I stuck around seeing my local hospitals doctor, I'd be dead right now. He seemed a bit dis-interested in my case, I can't say for sure but I almost felt like he was okay with me dying considering I did do most of the damage to my body myself. I had a pretty serious case and knowing what I know now, if I just monitored it and waited like he suggested, there's no way I would be alive.

I did a lot of reading on insulin resistance in the past and diabetes, it was quite interesting to me because of its connection with body composition and a few things that coincide with some of your posts may be of use

One thing in particular is, technically, when you follow a keto diet, or any low carb diet, the body does become insulin resistant to where you will test positive for diabetes, however this is actually a temporary and not permanent state. After reintroducing carbohydrates to your diet, the body should reverse within a week, so it might be that you're just testing positive for insulin resistance due to the keto diet.

I've read that that too.. Well somethign similar..

I've added some carbs for the past couple weeks in the form of steel cut oats, apples, berries, wild rice.. It's been 2 weeks and my blood sugar has deffinitely gone up.

This morning when I woke up it was 8.1.. Which is very high.. I did have my cheat meal yesterday around 8pm though... My waking blood sugar usually around mid to high 6 since adding carbs back in.

I'm pretty sure if I don't switch back to keto I will have blood sugars that would make me type 2 and needing mediciation for it. I believe the little insulin I produce is enough to keep my blood sugars lower if I eat very little to no carbs. So although on the keto diet I had some syptoms like feeling low blood sugar symptoms while lifting, it was all the carbs my insulin levels could handle.

I'm irratated right now still lol.. So I haven't made any plans to see another dr. I did talk to a friend who gave me info for a much better doctor they see in the city.

The other thing is, both thyroid hormone and anabolic steroids increase insulin resistance, along with growth hormone, it has to do with being in an anabolic state and how these hormones increase blood sugars and insulin to cause an anabolic state. Typically thyroid hormone increases when blood sugars are low, this is because it makes the body dump sugar into the blood to raise it back up.

My doctor that put me on thyroid said synthroid will help bring your blood sugar down because it helps with metabolism. Can you explain a bit more?

I know gear and gh increases it.. I'm on TRT and without it, my body fat is almost unmaangabe and my lean muscle mass goes down. Higher bf and lower lean mass is awful for blood sugars, so its a catch 22.

Although I don't believe its been proven yet, I do think testosterone itself when elevated chronically (long periods of time) also causes insulin resistance, I looked into the human body and its natural release of hormones and found it interesting that most hormones are released in a fasted state, they usually decline when you eat, which makes me think the two states of eating and having hormones elevated conflict with each other and it makes sense. Testosterone, thyroid and growth hormone are usually released when you're fasted, I've experimented with all 3 a lot and each coincided with increased blood sugars.

If you truly do have pre-diabetes, I really think you should go 100% into down-sizing and decreasing hormone supplementation, it's one of the only ways I found to significantly increase insulin sensitivity. I personally try to take testosterone with a gel to have the peaks and troughs daily, I think its a mechanism the body follows to keep androgen receptors sensitized while also giving the body a state that's more optimal for nutrient intake during the day.

I've read that that too.. Well somethign similar..

I've added some carbs for the past couple weeks in the form of steel cut oats, apples, berries, wild rice.. It's been 2 weeks and my blood sugar has deffinitely gone up.

This morning when I woke up it was 8.1.. Which is very high.. I did have my cheat meal yesterday around 8pm though... My waking blood sugar usually around mid to high 6 since adding carbs back in.

I'm pretty sure if I don't switch back to keto I will have blood sugars that would make me type 2 and needing mediciation for it. I believe the little insulin I produce is enough to keep my blood sugars lower if I eat very little to no carbs. So although on the keto diet I had some syptoms like feeling low blood sugar symptoms while lifting, it was all the carbs my insulin levels could handle.

I'm irratated right now still lol.. So I haven't made any plans to see another dr. I did talk to a friend who gave me info for a much better doctor they see in the city.

My doctor that put me on thyroid said synthroid will help bring your blood sugar down because it helps with metabolism. Can you explain a bit more?

I know gear and gh increases it.. I'm on TRT and without it, my body fat is almost unmaangabe and my lean muscle mass goes down. Higher bf and lower lean mass is awful for blood sugars, so its a catch 22.
In my experience and what I understand about thyroid hormone is that it’s released to increase blood sugars for the body to use as energy.

I think I had the same concerns as you, in terms of losing muscle and it affecting my metabolism, to be honest, the first year I quit gear, it was an issue for me mentally, I was skinny fat and still had the urge to get back on.

I think the body adapts though, and most recently I started fasting and cut out all processed foods. I don’t know how, or why, but I am extremely lean, have abs and don’t workout. I actually am starting to believe weight loss is more than just counting macros and started to understand why.

If I was in your position though I’d be taking quite a lot of medication and supplements to try and reverse the blood sugar issue, and fasting.

Although, from the numbers I see from your blood sugars, you should really seek professional medical advice. I hope the new doctor you’re going to see can help you, being healthy is the most important thing in life.

My fasting blood glucose was 5.5 too. Then my doctor checked my a1c levels which is a better long term indicator and it was in range. A1C is where it's at. I would ask about metaformin though, living with lower blood sugar would be nice for longevity. I'm looking into taking insulin while recomping after a diet to help build muscle but I'm worried about storing fat so it'll only be after egg whites, whey protein and a cup of rice pre-workout and post plus I'm using low dosages. I mostly bought it for a bulk not realizing it doesn't last long.

I think while we are dieting we are fine but for a bulk then you may want to look into something like metaformin or insulin IF your blood sugars go into bad territory which is a bit ways above the reference range. Just don't need that blood sugar floating around I think.

I don't mind sharing, I had liver tumours, over 10 of them, I can't say I was negligent of the possibility this may happen and I think a lot had to do with my mental health at the time when I was younger. I was very aware of the risks of anabolic steroids but choose that path due to depression and being okay with death if it meant a more enjoyable life. At some points I may have been even wanting to push the limits to chase death, so I don't think this would normally be the case for most who use anabolic steroids.
Was that specifically from over use of orals? All orals vs only strong orals etc..do you have any tips you can share to avoid these issues

I'm going to have to get an appoitnment with another doctor. My blood sugar is just fucked now.

Breakfast today
1/2 cup whites
2 whole eggs
2 slices 0 carb toast (net carb 8 grams)
1 ounce fete

10:30
1.5 scoop whey
2 table spoon olive oil
5 mls fish oil
1/3 cup cooked oats

I couldn't eat my lunch today.

2:00
Same as my 10:30 meal

Checked blood sugar at 4:15 after my full work day (I honestly had 2 ten min breaks all day.. nothing more.. I Was on my feet all day).... My blood sugar at 4:15 was 7.1

I ate a very small dinner with around 30 gram protien and 30 gram carbs and 20 gram fat.. then hit the gym for chest/shoulder/tri.. plus 40 mins walking cardio.. just got home and blood sugar is 5.8.

I should mentioned I usually take 500mg berberine 2x a day, but I ran out.. haven;t had any for 2 weeks.. It just arrived in the mail today, so tomorrow I'll be back on berberine 500mg 2x a day.. will be interesting to see if it brings my blood sugars back to where they were..

I bumped into a former co worker today.. He's been retired for 5 years or so.. He was asking me lots of questions about supplements, diet, health, lifting etc.. We always have good talks about this stuff when we connect.

Anyways, he has also been frustrated with our doctors.. He also went to the same dr who dismissed my low insulin and tried to get me off thyroid meds etd.. I just sat back and listened lol.. He was telling me he went in for something like reg blood work due to his age etc.. And he said the doctor spent the next 15 mins convincing him to stop taking any meds he is currenlty on.. And then he finished with "its kinda fucked.. I've heard from quite a few peope when you go to this doctor for an issue, he doesn't really deal with the issue you went in for and instead he spends the entire time trying to lecture you to get off any prescription that was done through other doctors and he goes on about how those doctors were wrong about needing it etc"...

Then I told him my 2 experiences with him (my son's concussoin and my low inslunin)

I'm going to try to get into a doctor in the next town over this week. blood sugar is over 7.0 any time I check it now, except after I lift and then it's usually 5-7.

In regards to your low insulin, what are your estrogen levels like and do you take any a.i regularly? Might be nothing but I was just reading somewhere that insulin levels are directly related to estrogen levels.

In regards to your low insulin, what are your estrogen levels like and do you take any a.i regularly? Might be nothing but I was just reading somewhere that insulin levels are directly related to estrogen levels.

I was taking 0.5 mg arimidex a week.. that had my estorgen at 50-55 ish.. I'm not takog it now and when I don't take it, I think I'm around 100

Took forever, but I found another doctor.. Again he dismissed insulin level being relevant at all to my high fasting blood sugar..

It is very very clear that "medical clinics" really think any private hormone clinic or private healthcare is worthless and the doctors who work there are not real and opinions do not matter. Betwee this dr and the previous one, its just plain clear that if a hormone clinic or private medical says one thing, doctors at a medical clinic will just flat out disagree out of prinicpal. I don;t think the clinic I go through is great, but blood work and medical studies do not lie.

Funny though, at least in AB, medical clinics are privately owned just like hormone clinics. I think the only difference is medical clinics are paid through government tax dollars and private are 100% or at least mostly paid for by the customer..

Either way, the new dr said insulin levels are meaningless and he would not look at mine or entertain looking at the blood work showing my low insulin.. to the point when I said "doesn't having high fasting blood sugar and low insluin show that it's my bodies inability to produce enough insulin that's causing my high blood suragr?" his response was "no.. it just means that your body hasn't secreted enough insulin to lower your blood sugar when you had your blood work done".. my reply was "it was fasting blood work.. so I eat no carbs to start with and my body had a full 12 hours to produce enough insulin to lowerr my blood sugars to be within range and when I had my fasting blood sugar done it was 6.8".... He looked at me and said "it doesn't work that way"... I replied "can you explain to me how it works so I can understand.. I just want to bring my blood sugar under control so I don't get type 2"... he said "you just need to know we only use A1c and base everythign off that"...
So in other words, doctor doesn't understand how insulin and blood sugars actually work and therefore can't explain it either...

either way, got my blood work done.
Fasting blood sugars 6.8.... This shows I am prediabetic again/begining type 2.
A1c 5.7%... 0.2% from offcially type 2.

He of course refused to test insulin..

Took forever, but I found another doctor.. Again he dismissed insulin level being relevant at all to my high fasting blood sugar..

It is very very clear that "medical clinics" really think any private hormone clinic or private healthcare is worthless and the doctors who work there are not real and opinions do not matter. Betwee this dr and the previous one, its just plain clear that if a hormone clinic or private medical says one thing, doctors at a medical clinic will just flat out disagree out of prinicpal. I don;t think the clinic I go through is great, but blood work and medical studies do not lie.

Funny though, at least in AB, medical clinics are privately owned just like hormone clinics. I think the only difference is medical clinics are paid through government tax dollars and private are 100% or at least mostly paid for by the customer..

Either way, the new dr said insulin levels are meaningless and he would not look at mine or entertain looking at the blood work showing my low insulin.. to the point when I said "doesn't having high fasting blood sugar and low insluin show that it's my bodies inability to produce enough insulin that's causing my high blood suragr?" his response was "no.. it just means that your body hasn't secreted enough insulin to lower your blood sugar when you had your blood work done".. my reply was "it was fasting blood work.. so I eat no carbs to start with and my body had a full 12 hours to produce enough insulin to lowerr my blood sugars to be within range and when I had my fasting blood sugar done it was 6.8".... He looked at me and said "it doesn't work that way"... I replied "can you explain to me how it works so I can understand.. I just want to bring my blood sugar under control so I don't get type 2"... he said "you just need to know we only use A1c and base everythign off that"...
So in other words, doctor doesn't understand how insulin and blood sugars actually work and therefore can't explain it either...

either way, got my blood work done.
Fasting blood sugars 6.8.... This shows I am prediabetic again/begining type 2.
A1c 5.7%... 0.2% from offcially type 2.

He of course refused to test insulin..
Have you seen an endocrinologist? I don't know who would specialize in blood sugar but insulin is a hormon so an endo would be my guess. If you can just get a g.p to refer you then anything the endo says your doc should actually listen to.

I'm worried about these kind of things too. Our doctors won't treat you until your full on diseased, they don't work on prevention. Just get him to say your fine and record it so if you become diabetic you can sue him or your health care company.