got new blood work-->fasting blood sugar and blood insulin levels.

Took forever, but I found another doctor.. Again he dismissed insulin level being relevant at all to my high fasting blood sugar..

It is very very clear that "medical clinics" really think any private hormone clinic or private healthcare is worthless and the doctors who work there are not real and opinions do not matter. Betwee this dr and the previous one, its just plain clear that if a hormone clinic or private medical says one thing, doctors at a medical clinic will just flat out disagree out of prinicpal. I don;t think the clinic I go through is great, but blood work and medical studies do not lie.

Funny though, at least in AB, medical clinics are privately owned just like hormone clinics. I think the only difference is medical clinics are paid through government tax dollars and private are 100% or at least mostly paid for by the customer..

Either way, the new dr said insulin levels are meaningless and he would not look at mine or entertain looking at the blood work showing my low insulin.. to the point when I said "doesn't having high fasting blood sugar and low insluin show that it's my bodies inability to produce enough insulin that's causing my high blood suragr?" his response was "no.. it just means that your body hasn't secreted enough insulin to lower your blood sugar when you had your blood work done".. my reply was "it was fasting blood work.. so I eat no carbs to start with and my body had a full 12 hours to produce enough insulin to lowerr my blood sugars to be within range and when I had my fasting blood sugar done it was 6.8".... He looked at me and said "it doesn't work that way"... I replied "can you explain to me how it works so I can understand.. I just want to bring my blood sugar under control so I don't get type 2"... he said "you just need to know we only use A1c and base everythign off that"...
So in other words, doctor doesn't understand how insulin and blood sugars actually work and therefore can't explain it either...

either way, got my blood work done.
Fasting blood sugars 6.8.... This shows I am prediabetic again/begining type 2.
A1c 5.7%... 0.2% from offcially type 2.

He of course refused to test insulin..
What a damn prick piece of trash with his fkn degree up his ass. This happens because the damn med schools are full of assholes who only know how to take tests by memorizing shit.

I feel your anger flowing through my veins!

Have you seen an endocrinologist? I don't know who would specialize in blood sugar but insulin is a hormon so an endo would be my guess. If you can just get a g.p to refer you then anything the endo says your doc should actually listen to.

Lol... you need a referal to see an endo...

And to be honest, the more doctors I see the more I think most are too high on themselves to refer you to someone else.. it's almost like they won;t do it because they think it would mean they aren;t smart ennough to deal with it themselves.

I'm worried about these kind of things too. Our doctors won't treat you until your full on diseased, they don't work on prevention. Just get him to say your fine and record it so if you become diabetic you can sue him or your health care company.

It's just frustrating for me because I've done everything that could be done to prevent type 2 when I was told I was pre diabetic 4 years ago, but blood sugars just keep creeping up.