Blood pressure

Is there a specific time that you take your measurments?
Mornings while I am reading on the forums and drinking coffee. I don't function well without coffee so that is my first task and then I typically read on the forums and take my BP. I should take it before I'm on my third cup of coffee but I'm addicted to the stuff lol.

Always had the mild hypertension, ever since I was 23. The doctor called it primary 'idiopathic' hypertension. Idiopathic means cause not known. Systole over diastole, and of course, diastole was higher. 140/90 or 140/100. Even 160/100 once. Taken hypertensive pills on again off again over the years to control it (now 57). I remember reading something where it said, 'some experts feel that weightlifting increases blood pressure since sustained higher intrathoracic pressure over time may push the resting blood pressure up'. Yeah...ok, something like that. But I love lifting weights, and if had an indirect or direct effect on me...well, I can't do anything about it. It is part of my 'flawed' DNA. I also had anxiety and my nerves shaking when I get stressed, upset, nervous or even after a hard set in the gym. I believed that the blood pressure was a flag for my body/constitution being 'a little too metabolically stressed' since my loser friends - who didn't work out :) -- used to tell me that "i am too uptight. I need to wind down and just be myself.' I guess that is who I am at the core level but I have accepted it. The hidden flaw never stays hidden. I was never going to stop lifting weights trying to get muscles to be like Big Ah-nold. Don't get me wrong: I take BP seriously. I really tried to lift weights moderately, and just couldn't do it; every workout is an adventure. Take St. John's wort, magnesium, valerian, fish oils too; and also the blood pressure pills the doctor ordered for me lately (can't remember the name). Also have taken angiotensin inhibiters?, calcium channel blockers, and even a drug that is in the propranolol family (Adalat P.A.) in the past. If your blood pressure has a higher than normal diastole (the lower number), you do have to manage it / lower it or take pills because over the long haul it could damage the arteries. Didn't know about hawthorn I just read in one of the earlier posts.

This is sort of a journal for me - my last few readings were over 130 systolic this week. Not sure why so I increased by Nigella Sativa to 3000 mg a day, 800 mg of Q10 (I'm out of ubiquinol), added in another 15 minute walk after meals, and added in 4000 mg of combined EPA/DHA. Unsure if it is just the weekend and no work stress or the supplements are helping.

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 0
130/68 HR 52 and 114/71 HR 55 drinking my second coffee. Started a 12 week run of 100 mg test / 100 mg boldenone / 100 mg of curcu-ject every third day. Ran out of Nigella Sativa and Ubiquinol a week or two ago. Taking 800 mg of Q10 and a new fish/borage oil product that was in my stocking.

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 0