Your First Cycle

Quick question: I know its proper protocol to use a new draw needle every time but do most actually do that? Anyone ever just reuse their draw needle multiple times? If so, how many times?

Also, do you reuse your syringe barrel? Again, if so, how many times?

I reuse my draw needle all the time. Maybe use it for a month before switching...I don’t really keep track.

Isn't this the place to ask newbie questions before partaking?

Sure but if you read everything in the OP this question was already answered for you. Bunkmass' opinion (and some other folks as well) notwithstanding.

Sure but if you read everything in the OP this question was already answered for you. Bunkmass' opinion (and some other folks as well) notwithstanding.

True but there wasn't mention of protocol with draw needles (or I missed it) and considering the prevalence of people who do reuse them, figured I'd ask to make sure.

True but there wasn't mention of protocol with draw needles (or I missed it) and considering the prevalence of people who do reuse them, figured I'd ask to make sure.
You will want your drawing pin & a different pin to pin with. I usually use 18g or 21g to draw with, then either 25g or 30g to pin with. Both pins and the syringe go in the needle bin after using.

You will want your drawing pin & a different pin to pin with. I usually use 18g or 21g to draw with, then either 25g or 30g to pin with. Both pins and the syringe go in the needle bin after using.

My bad, missed that end part.

Yep you missed it, I don't recall anywhere where it says it bluntly though. You sorta gotta read between the lines a little "cleanup ur shit and toss ur used pins in the collection bin" or sumptin like that. I would never do it but there are other things I do that others would not on the sterility front. This one is just over the cost/benefit line imo.

This is my exact injection protocol. I definitely go OTT with the cleaning and there is some debate as to whether a bandaid is required but otherwise I think it's pretty good. Open to critiques though!
  1. Shower & brush teeth/mouthwash
  2. Clean surfaces with lysol
  3. Wash hands & use alcohol gel on hands
  4. Warm up vial by placing it on/wrapping it in heat pad
  5. Identify injection site and thoroughly swab
  6. Swab top of vial with fresh swab
  7. Draw with 18g, switch to 25g for injection
  8. Z track if possible, aspirate and slowly press plunger, leave in for 10secs after oil is in
  9. Immediately swab with fresh swab
  10. When alcohol has dried apply bandaid
  11. Dispose of all needles and syringes

Quick question: I know its proper protocol to use a new draw needle every time but do most actually do that? Anyone ever just reuse their draw needle multiple times? If so, how many times?

Also, do you reuse your syringe barrel? Again, if so, how many times?

A big no no

Why risk bacteria and infection? Pins and syringes cost pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At no point should you re use a pin or barrel. This is just my opinion. Hell I’ve opened a new pin looked at the needle and it not look perfect and I’ve tossed it. They’re so cheap why screw around.

If cost is your motivation behind this question, think of it this way. Which will cost you more? A new pin every time or a possible infection that could land you in the hospital? Pretty tough to work and make money that way no?

Not busting your balls and neither are the other guys here. You’re new we get it, but some like to be more blunt than others

I have a stupid question. Running my 2nd cycle and I added EQ along with my test. I've been using 2 draw needles, drawing test, switching to another draw needle and drawing EQ. Is there any problem with just using 1 needle to draw from both? What are the chances of contamination? I figure it's safer and 12$ for a box of 100 is worth the peace of mind.

I have a stupid question. Running my 2nd cycle and I added EQ along with my test. I've been using 2 draw needles, drawing test, switching to another draw needle and drawing EQ. Is there any problem with just using 1 needle to draw from both? What are the chances of contamination? I figure it's safer and 12$ for a box of 100 is worth the peace of mind.
You realistically only need 1 draw needle as long as you alcohol swab the tops of the vials.

I use the same draw needle to draw multiple compounds, but I’d never use that needle multiple times if that makes sense. Use it to draw compound 1, reuse to draw compound 2, and then throw it in the bin. Like coco said, just make sure to wipe off the top of the vials with your alcohol pad.

Yeah I dont reuse needles, I throw them out after use. My 2 compounds are from different labs so 2 different carrier oils, I didn’t want to dip my needle in one then draw with same needle in another vial with a different carrier oil.

I try my first cycle for 30mg to 50mg. During this, I want to start injections. Test E purchased in xxxxxxxxxxx has a pretty long ester, as I probably know, so I try to inject every 3rd day (E3D). Here’s the thing: My first cycle is usually how I think my best cycle if I will do it right. So I keep that Test E dosage around 500mg split every 3rd day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot of people here commenting they are using 18g tips to draw, but Ive gotten some leakage with those tips when the vial is flipped.. :'( my precious oil!