Your Best/Worst Body Part

I have no issues talking and such in public.
We were in Dominican and they had karokee, lol, I used to go to that all the time, sang you lost that loving feeling at my wife, even got on my knees, ended up wining a bottle of rum, lol. I was sober at the time.

My wife wrecked it for me when she called the bodybuilding competitions a male beauty pageant. Like it was a bad thing. I just wanted to see how I’d do.

For a short guy other than my rear delts, I think I’m pretty symmetrical, in pictures if you didn’t know my height, you wouldn’t know, because I don’t have a short torso, or small chest like a lot of shorter guys have.
Also have fairly round muscle bellies, never had any issues looking bulky at a low weight.

I know there would be two big things to work on, legs and my rear delts. Legs I’m now training on other days.
So on chest day, I do hamstring curls 4x12. Then I train calves eod. Plus I still train legs on their own day.
I did this with shoulders to bring them up and it worked well.
Then everything else just an even layer of muscle.

Maybe what I should do is hire someone to keep me accountable. I just don’t know if it would be worth hiring a upper end guy or not?

I’d still like to do it, but know no one in my town that does competitions, I don’t train at the gym.
Meh, I don’t know...
if your doubtful you won't do it. If you say fuck it I am doing this no matter what anyone says then you can do it. But you have to stay true to your word even if you come short of what you wanted at the, you still have to go in there and compete even if you come last. That is my attitude. It's the whole experience your have to enjoy even though you hate it cause it is tough the last weeks, no cheat day, fucking chicken brocolli, salad, tuna and some salmon with some virgin olive oil ... over and over ,,, and you have to beat yourself up in the gym daily with a weight workout and cardio. The last 3 weeks I was doing hit cardio 3 times a day for 20 minutes each, 1 min slow1 min sprint, back and forth until 20 minutes was up ... morning noon and night ( at night after I did my workout). I was taking clen t3 ephedrine caffeine to lean out as well. I was a zombie when I competed. I wasn't as big as the other guys but I was shredded which got me up in the top 3 every time I competed.

Admit it BodyBuilding is a male beauty contest to a certain degree but who cares... if you want to do it then do it. If you don't screw it. Your wife will love it when you get all leaned up and hot. She will hate all the girls drooling all over you lol

Yep! I guess the solution is to do a serious bulk in order to gain enough muscle so that when we cut, there's enough muscle mass left.
There is an optimal blood sugar level, I think it is between 4.5 and 5.4 mmol/L, where your body burns mostly fat very little muscle... So if you keep a low glycemic diet and stay within these BS levels you should be able to maintain significant muscle on a lean out diet. That is what I did when I trained for the competitions . I loss a lot of excess fat but not a lot of muscle. I take my BS levels about 4 times a day to ensure they are in range... if they are not I modify my food intake, either type of food, or length of time I will eat.

Reactions: Cog
There is an optimal blood sugar level, I think it is between 4.5 and 5.4 mmol/L, where your body burns mostly fat very little muscle... So if you keep a low glycemic diet and stay within these BS levels you should be able to maintain significant muscle on a lean out diet. That is what I did when I trained for the competitions . I loss a lot of excess fat but not a lot of muscle. I take my BS levels about 4 times a day to ensure they are in range... if they are not I modify my food intake, either type of food, or length of time I will eat.

So basically keto would be the best option in your opinion?

Reactions: PGM
So basically keto would be the best option in your opinion?
Kind of ( I like to call it eating low glycemic foods ) if your trying to lose weight over the long run. if I was doing a contest when I plateaued on keto not losing weight say for 2 weeks... my coach and I would then carb load for a week but keep calorie levels about the same and damn my weight would start to decrease again and then when that plateaued I went back to keto

Kind of ( I like to call it eating low glycemic foods ) if your trying to lose weight over the long run. if I was doing a contest when I plateaued on keto not losing weight say for 2 weeks... my coach and I would then carb load for a week but keep calorie levels about the same and damn my weight would start to decrease again and then when that plateaued I went back to keto

So cycling it in and out is best for you, I see. Maybe I'll try that when i decide to cut.

Reactions: PGM
So cycling it in and out is best for you, I see. Maybe I'll try that when i decide to cut.
my coach and I figured that my metabolism probably slowed and it was retaining as much water and body fat as possible so we said, keep calories the same and go about 70% carbs and 30% protein ... we were just experimenting but it worked for me cause I started dropping weyght immediately ... only went 5 days like that and went back to keto ... in 16 weeks went from 260 to 210... that was tough

My best is my delts they don't grow as big as some of my other body parts, but have the best definition.
Worst abs!!! Can never lose that last bit of belly fat.... and have to admit it's a body part I neglect a little

My best is my delts they don't grow as big as some of my other body parts, but have the best definition.
Worst abs!!! Can never lose that last bit of belly fat.... and have to admit it's a body part I neglect a little
just cause you can't lose that last bit of body fat around the waist does not mean your abs are not in great shape. I never train my abs directly ... deads and squats hit them hard as you static contract them. So if you do a lot of squats and deads your abs are probably pretty good

Truth is I'm still working this out. As I've stated previously. I was mangled in a bike accident a few years back. Still have stuff left over!!

I prefer to call them "ghosts of the accident".

Mostly its like others with some challenging body parts its finding an angle to get the muscle exhausted and force some growth.

If I had to actually make a choice legs is by far my best and easiest to train. Particularly calves.

Worst? Abs....

I am Finishing off a cut cycle I took a break from to go fishing. This next step will change the narrative on that.

what hurts the most....my entire right side!

LOL!

Cheers!

Grandpa

Chest and delts are best arms and traps are decent, legs are pretty good, i would say my calves are my weak point as i tore off my right one and lost the entire inner calf muscle somewhere in my body...lol, no surgery to fix it and not a physical hindrance.

I am pretty genetically blessed i suppose. I was smashed right up a couple years back in 2017 from breaking one of my horses, and it went real bad. lol To say the least.
Shoulder on left side broken complete break through in 5 spots, the ball was fractured, my socket split in half that hold the delt ball.
Humerus upper arm bicep bone full break through and shifted 3/4 inch. 2 locations, one above elbow and one below shoulder ball that goes into socket. All rotator cuffs complete tear off, collar bone break complete through, neck nerve damage, fractured sternum, bicep tendon displaced to the outside of the area it typically ran, concussion and broken hand on right side, buggered back and slight fracture in L-5 region etc, etc.

I missed a few months in the gym, and when i went back it was unreal pain and very humbling. After several weeks i was going decent, a few months in, i would never have known i hurt myself.
Then within 6 months i was back in action and looking like a decent Bodybuilder again and a short while later i was breaking PR's.
I never thought i would bench press again, and i was doing it soon after with weights my GF was doing more than me. Very frustrating, but i came back quick, grew so fast it was making me extremely tired and cramping pains etc.
Anyway now back at 265 lbs at 6 foot 1 and throwing weights around like no tomorrow, at 50 yrs young, and no kidding, whatso ever, strongest I've been in my life. The accident made me try harder than i ever had prior. I am a stubborn bugger, and will keep driving it to no tomorrow.
A country boy will survive. I been doing this for 3.5 decades and still to this day get anxious and excited every day i am scheduled in. 4-5 days per week.
Sorry i rambled on there...I get excited about the Iron Church. I am the pastor, the priest and the members in the seats at this place of my worship to the iron gods......lolol

Best: Quads/Hams, Tris, Delts, Lats
Worst: Forearms, Calves, and hands down abs.
I've been wanting to do a show since 2014 and just can't get a full 6 pack in. Extremely frustrating as I can show lot's of cuts and veins everywhere, but that last bit of stubborn fat has been my arch nemesis since forever.