Your Best/Worst Body Part

best: definitely back and traps then thighs
worst: chest biceps calves and hams
[GALLERY=media, 38][/GALLERY]
Fuck dude, you were ripped and big.
I love how it’s black by your abs, so even if they were popping out you don’t see it in the picture.
You got more pics?

Reactions: PGM
Best = traps. They're cool.

Worst, everything else. My genetics are hot garbage for this and I know it, but when I die I'll be able to say I fukin tried!

I would probably do really well at triathlons 🤦‍♂️

Best = chest and biceps. Biceps used to be the worst being tall and lanky when I was younger, so I became obsessed with training them until they were bigger.

worst = triceps, they are strong, but not nearly as responsive to growth as my biceps. My legs I get compliments on by anyone who’s not into lifting, but I’m never overly impressed with them; having a bad knee, I have regular setbacks every time I make decent progress with them.

Honestly this is a tough one. See I change my training to try and fix bodyparts. So if my arms are way better (which they usually are) I’ll stop training them and focus on another body part, like my legs right now, especially my hamstrings need work. My calves look small to me but are the same size as my arms, so I don’t know.

A couple of years ago when my lats were too thick in comparison to my rear delts, I stopped training back and worked on shoulders.

Truthfully I’m never really look at it like I have a bad bodypart, but one I just havnt been training effectively. And I’d bet it’s like that with most people. Like how many like ab training, really?

So I try to not put the thought in my mind that I can’t make that crappy body part the same as the rest as long as I want to put in the effort. But that is the real thing, do I want to put in the effort on the body part I really don’t like to train, lol?

Just like how in a month and a bit I’m 49, but I don’t look at it like, I need to wind down, I’ve hit my peek. I look at it that I can still keep improving. But I believe that’s because I really only started back at training 6 years ago, so I didn’t wear out my body training for 3 decades.

Anyhow now that I wrote a novel, lol

Good body parts
Arms
Back

Bad

Legs
Abs(not because I don’t have abs, but I need to train myself to hold them tight)

The rest are average.
holy shit man 49 is young you have a long time left in you ... i competed when I was 52 and 53 and always won the GM's and did very well in the opens. Train your weaknesses Is my motto. Buy I loved squats and deadlifts so I did those all the time anyway. Some times you don't like training a body part that u hate to train but if you do them enuff it becomes a fav. I didn't like squats at first ...started training them hard cause the guys with huge legs did a lot of squatting and it became one of my favs. The thing with abs you don't have to train them directly... you do squats and deads you get good abs especially if you shred up.

I know exactly what you mean lol I'm 6'3 and I have the same issue with my abs, they sort of show but if I cut carbs too much I lose too much muscle.
Yep! I guess the solution is to do a serious bulk in order to gain enough muscle so that when we cut, there's enough muscle mass left.

Good question

my best looking body part that is strong is my shoulders. When I started lifting at 14 all I would do is barbell shoulder press every day. Really built my shoulders

My worst is my chest. It’s strong but my shoulders and back made my chest look small and genetically it just isn’t there

here is the front version. I was 52 at the time. Never trained abs all from squats and deads
[GALLERY=media, 39][/GALLERY]
Looks great.
I finished most of my projects at home, work has slowed after all the covid panic buying so I told my wife I’m hitting it steadily fir the next year to see where I wind up at 50. If it works out good I’ll keep going, I’m not running any amount of gear that would cause health issues at all, so I could go on forever, lol.

I was going to compete once just to see, but I really have no support for it from anyone I know, so I decided against.

So now I know for sure up to 52 no issues,,lol.

Looks great.
I finished most of my projects at home, work has slowed after all the covid panic buying so I told my wife I’m hitting it steadily fir the next year to see where I wind up at 50. If it works out good I’ll keep going, I’m not running any amount of gear that would cause health issues at all, so I could go on forever, lol.

I was going to compete once just to see, but I really have no support for it from anyone I know, so I decided against.

So now I know for sure up to 52 no issues,,lol.
u do really need support... my best friend was my training partner and my coach and I worked out hard for the show. Most of my mass came from power lifting and heavy assistance exercises. It's a personal preference but I never liked light lifting, I am paying for that a bit today. I did not take a lot of gear prior to the bodybuilding competition. Shit I started doing some gear at 50 just to help my power lifts a bit. Once I started my 16 weeks out from the show I loaded the gear. It did not cost me a lot as I made it and did not have to pay at crazy retail prices. I ran 1500 of test a week and 600 of tren, that was it cause I did not like taking orals. My partner and I would train a body part ... maybe 4 to 5 sets of a bunch of exercises we would pick out when we got to the gym and we would pulverize the muscle part. We stopped when we felt continuing would not do us any more good ie ... we could bearly move the weight and we wear exhausted. It was a lot of fun as I was doing it for the learning ... I wanted to see how lean I could get ... I wanted to see how diet cardio and training could maintain muscle and still lean u out... I wanted to learn how to get through plateau's when you were not losing weight or leaning up any more. I stopped competing cause I learned what I could and thrn I got bored of it... the bodybuilding groupies were getting to me as well ... everyone wanted to be your friend ... right ....lol

P
u do really need support... my best friend was my training partner and my coach and I worked out hard for the show. Most of my mass came from power lifting and heavy assistance exercises. It's a personal preference but I never liked light lifting, I am paying for that a bit today. I did not take a lot of gear prior to the bodybuilding competition. Shit I started doing some gear at 50 just to help my power lifts a bit. Once I started my 16 weeks out from the show I loaded the gear. It did not cost me a lot as I made it and did not have to pay at crazy retail prices. I ran 1500 of test a week and 600 of tren, that was it cause I did not like taking orals. My partner and I would train a body part ... maybe 4 to 5 sets of a bunch of exercises we would pick out when we got to the gym and we would pulverize the muscle part. We stopped when we felt continuing would not do us any more good ie ... we could bearly move the weight and we wear exhausted. It was a lot of fun as I was doing it for the learning ... I wanted to see how lean I could get ... I wanted to see how diet cardio and training could maintain muscle and still lean u out... I wanted to learn how to get through plateau's when you were not losing weight or leaning up any more. I stopped competing cause I learned what I could and thrn I got bored of it... the bodybuilding groupies were getting to me as well ... everyone wanted to be your friend ... right ....lol
motivation without a training partner to get to an extreme level is tough.

Last time I really got good I was running a cycle like your contest one, added in winny and became crazy enough to be my own partner, lol. Then once I started to get real lean, and was getting good gains, the motivation was there.

It’s too bad I was a complete ass hole.

P

motivation without a training partner to get to an extreme level is tough.

Last time I really got good I was running a cycle like your contest one, added in winny and became crazy enough to be my own partner, lol. Then once I started to get real lean, and was getting good gains, the motivation was there.

It’s too bad I was a complete ass hole.
I only compete cause I always have ... kinda grew up with it from high school ... Competed in shot and discus in the 77 and 81 canada summer games. only came in the middle of the group cause I had no coach in NB. Now if I had have stayed in Ottawa that would have been a different story... had a good coach there and won most competitions when he coached me. Played rugby in University ... loved that ,nice and rough. Then I started in Tae Kwon Do in 82 and competed form 87 to 93 in that ... started powerlifting 96 and started competing in 98 to 2002 ... My friend dared me to try a BodyBuilding contest in 2012, he said he would do it too, 8 weeks in he says he's not going to compete ... I said fuck you I put to much into this so far. So he trained me and trained with me ... it was fun.

You don't have to compete to enjoy your sport, so don't beat yourself up... at least your grinding it and stay in shape unlike a lot of other ppl, I only competed cause it was a habit. And I have no problems getting up in front of people performing and speaking, and I don't mind fucking up when I do, cause those people watching that may laugh or poke fun of me probably don't have the balls to get up and expose themselves to criticism like I have done.

I think you would have done fine if you had of competed but no big deal that you didn't Train hard buddy

I only compete cause I always have ... kinda grew up with it from high school ... Competed in shot and discus in the 77 and 81 canada summer games. only came in the middle of the group cause I had no coach in NB. Now if I had have stayed in Ottawa that would have been a different story... had a good coach there and won most competitions when he coached me. Played rugby in University ... loved that ,nice and rough. Then I started in Tae Kwon Do in 82 and competed form 87 to 93 in that ... started powerlifting 96 and started competing in 98 to 2002 ... My friend dared me to try a BodyBuilding contest in 2012, he said he would do it too, 8 weeks in he says he's not going to compete ... I said fuck you I put to much into this so far. So he trained me and trained with me ... it was fun.

You don't have to compete to enjoy your sport, so don't beat yourself up... at least your grinding it and stay in shape unlike a lot of other ppl, I only competed cause it was a habit. And I have no problems getting up in front of people performing and speaking, and I don't mind fucking up when I do, cause those people watching that may laugh or poke fun of me probably don't have the balls to get up and expose themselves to criticism like I have done.

I think you would have done fine if you had of competed but no big deal that you didn't Train hard buddy
I have no issues talking and such in public.
We were in Dominican and they had karokee, lol, I used to go to that all the time, sang you lost that loving feeling at my wife, even got on my knees, ended up wining a bottle of rum, lol. I was sober at the time.

My wife wrecked it for me when she called the bodybuilding competitions a male beauty pageant. Like it was a bad thing. I just wanted to see how I’d do.

For a short guy other than my rear delts, I think I’m pretty symmetrical, in pictures if you didn’t know my height, you wouldn’t know, because I don’t have a short torso, or small chest like a lot of shorter guys have.
Also have fairly round muscle bellies, never had any issues looking bulky at a low weight.

I know there would be two big things to work on, legs and my rear delts. Legs I’m now training on other days.
So on chest day, I do hamstring curls 4x12. Then I train calves eod. Plus I still train legs on their own day.
I did this with shoulders to bring them up and it worked well.
Then everything else just an even layer of muscle.

Maybe what I should do is hire someone to keep me accountable. I just don’t know if it would be worth hiring a upper end guy or not?

I’d still like to do it, but know no one in my town that does competitions, I don’t train at the gym.
Meh, I don’t know...

For best let me be the first to reply with "my dick" .
It's hard to self assess, I would have said triceps but many women throughout my life have referred to my dick as "cute", they've even bragged about how cute it is to their friends so obviously it makes an impression.
Well this must be why you are considered a big deal in Japan

here is the front version. I was 52 at the time. Never trained abs all from squats and deads
[GALLERY=media, 39][/GALLERY]
Quite impressive for just squats and deads.
Judging by the uniformity of your abs and general physique I don't think you can claim shit genetics.