Whats ur go to cut of steak on a budget?

I’ve gone to buying 1/4 or half cows. It’s a cost up front but for what you get you’re almost paying ground beef prices for your steaks and roasts. I also feed a family of 6 and try and keep the budget in check especially in this last year or so
You usually pay on the starting weight, weigh what you take home and it’s a bit more than ground beef price, lol.
If they age properly and debone most of it, 40% loss is not uncommon.

So take what you paid and divide by .60 and that will give you the true cost per pound.

So if you paid 3.99 it’s actually 6.69 per pound.

Lately I feel like a woman in a mans body, do you think this is a phase or should I be joining the Canadian Woman’s weightlifting team ?
Go for it.
I’ll come and cheer you on, or coach you, give you support durning that difficult time.

I think. Not sure.
I’d have to give up the 10 lbs of beef I eat a week then, lol.
if I had the access and means you do my friend; let’s just say there would be every kind of meat cooker/smoker in my back yard and it would be probably one of my biggest expenses… still even assuming with your wholesale cost you get it at a decent price

if I had the access and means you do my friend; let’s just say there would be every kind of meat cooker/smoker in my back yard and it would be probably one of my biggest expenses… still even assuming with your wholesale cost you get it at a decent price
I do pay for it, but work pays for it, but I’m work, lol.
Actually I write a check to the shop every month, because I’m not allowed to take home meat tax free, govt gotta get its taxes.
See I own the shop, but the shop owns the meat.

Anyhow I eat more than I pay.

Tonight I ate bacon wrapped chicken breasts, bacon wrapped pickles, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño peppers, stuffed potato skins with bacon and a couple veggie kabobs.
I was having a bacon theme. These are all things we make at work.

I got pretty hammered yesterday on my day off, I needed some good fat for my guts, lol.

I think tomorow I’ll have a ribeye steak. Not a huge one, around 3/4 lb with a nice big chunk of fat, lol.

You know I can eat the best of the best every day and I’m pretty much bored of it all.
I went insane at the start, but it’s all the same now. A tenderloin is equal to ground beef to me, lol.

Margins on beef are not huge. 20-30% Less on ground beef.

I think if you go to Mexico you’ll eventually miss your food lol.
I am so looking forward to something new.
When we go on holidays I always eat all the stuff I don’t know on the buffet.
If we go to town I eat something I have no idea what it is. If it’s gross, I get bloated on beer, lol.

I am so looking forward to something new.
When we go on holidays I always eat all the stuff I don’t know on the buffet.
If we go to town I eat something I have no idea what it is. If it’s gross, I get bloated on beer, lol.
Watch Ur gonna be the one that transmits covid 22 to humans from eating a fuckin iguana soup

Watch Ur gonna be the one that transmits covid 22 to humans from eating a fuckin iguana soup
I’m to blame for the delta variant as well because I’m not vacinated. Not sure if I need to catch it first and spread it, or it’s an automatic just my fault thing, lol.

I’m to blame for the delta variant as well because I’m not vacinated. Not sure if I need to catch it first and spread it, or it’s an automatic just my fault thing, lol.
Don’t fucking get me started… lol… the propaganda. I just feel guilty the whole time i watch the news with my grandparents. And they heckle me about it big time too.

You usually pay on the starting weight, weigh what you take home and it’s a bit more than ground beef price, lol.
If they age properly and debone most of it, 40% loss is not uncommon.

So take what you paid and divide by .60 and that will give you the true cost per pound.

So if you paid 3.99 it’s actually 6.69 per pound.
You are right, but for quality meat aged and vacuum packed the expense is worth it and still economical

Steak on a budget for me is pork... cheap as fuck.. and @Sorbate I think I am going to start wrapping everything in bacon as well, sounds good. Probably can't do that, it may be racist, have to look that up in the book of white supremacy. I am just a little white boy tryin to enjoy my food.

I use to buy Top Sirloin Centre cut on a budget. I would buy a ribeye roast cut steaks and grind burger meat. I stopped buying red meat my grocery bill dropped 50%. Fish, chicken, eggs.....protein powder and tofu.

If I am out for a burger or dinner at rib fest etc I'll eat it. But buy it every week. Not any more too expensive and truth is at 62 with half my GI track gone its really hard to digest.