What is one of your Worse Mishaps You Have Had in the Gym?

I walked into the girls washroom once... No one was in there, took about 15 seconds for me to notice there were no urinals.

Everyone else's story is way cooler

There is nothing in life more confusing than those 10 seconds after walking into the wrong washroom.

I think anyone who’s done this will agree.

Hmmmm....This looks like a washroom..... but there’s something different..... something wrong..... what is it? Why is it so clean? Hmmmmm.... wait.....ahhhhh fuck there’s no urinals..... I’m in the ladies room and now I’m gonna be labeled a pervert.

Well..... I am a pervert..... but fuck... this wasn’t intentional.... this time anyways......

was in my 20s, was nearing the end of a squat session, pyramiding down and repping out with 315. Was super sweaty and using a false grip (no thumb) the bar slipped out of my hand and off one shoulder, slid down my back, caught at the elbow, chicken winging me...there was a ripping sound like someone was playing with Velcro . we were at a squat rack...not a cage so no safety bars...my partner just gave me a huge shove and drove me into the rungs, racked the weight and helped my slide out.

Torn scapula....spent the next 8 weeks in a sling. to this day that scapula still give me trouble from time to time. And i can still hear the ripping sound.

#1- when I first started working out I was doing seated barbell military presses. I slowly added weight 5 or 10lbs at a time working up to soemthing heavy for me. I think this was the first or second time doing this exercise. i had only been lifting for maybe a month or two.. Anyways, I had probably 40lbs on each side of the bar, but like in 5 or 10lbs plates.. NO CLIPS lol.... While pushing up, the one side of the barbell hit the pegs and caused all the weights to slide off that side of bar, then of course I was unbalanced so the bar tilted the other way and all the weights slowly slide off the otherside... I shit you not, I did a couple reps with the bare bar hoping no one saw lol... of course they did.. a older guy at the gym came over and asked if i was alright and said I should use the clips..

#2- can't say if this happened before my #1 incident, but it was around the same time... doing barbell bench.. not using clips. Had maybe 45lbs on each side, but again in small 5-10lbs plates.. Couldn't get last rep up, right side was weaker, so all the weights slide off the right side.. Nothing left to do but let the weights on the left side slide off so I could rack the bar...

We were all beginners at some point.

New one......

End of the workout doing abs. Hanging leg-raises super setting with crunches. Jump down of the bar hit the floor (which by the way is directly adjacent to the treadmills) doing crunches and yes I crack one off!! The row of treadmills has a woman on every one of them. They all look at me at once! I jump up and say "Excuse me"! They laugh and one of em says "we never heard a thing!"

I love the crew at Anytime fitness Pitt Meadows BC!!

LMAO!!

Grandpa

Tore my bicep a few months ago - oops! :)

OD
Ouch ... no fun ...U have surgery?

Had two - one was kinda funny and one wasn't.
1. I have big glutes and always have and back when I could do super deep squats, I squatted down and ripped the whole back out of my shorts. I was wearing stretchy comfy shorts too so I had to walk through the gym with my ass hanging out lol.
2. I changed my bench grip and stopped using thumbs around the bar. My workout partner was away and I asked a guy to watch close and keep his hands on the bar. He was talking to someone and ignoring me and 225 (lucky it wasn't too heavy) rolled off my hands and came down on my chest. No major injury but embarrassing - thank F it didn't hit my neck.
Ass hanging out ... Any women try to pick you up :). Thumbless grip I stopped when I had the same incident as you had only the bar fell back on the forks ... I had 315 on and no spotter ... not the brightest thing to do. A neck impact ... yep that could be fatal

my kid plays hockey regularity at the MTS iceplex.. They have two floors. The main men's and woman washrooms are staked directly on top of each other on both floors (both a men's and ladies washroom on each floor, basically the same floor plan on each floor) Only, on level 1 the ladies washroom is on the left side, and level 2 the ladies is on the right. I'm sure I enter or catch my self entering the wrong one about 10 times per hockey season. Even for the plumbing, this makes no sense.
Maybe there is some subliminal trans-gender thing going on there ...lol

Did that in a busy nightclub once . Must have been the only time there were no chicks in there for more than 30 seconds, I walked into to the empty washroom and headed straight to a stall and sat my ass down. 15 seconds later the door opens and a bunch of girls come in. At that point I'm not too surprised as often the girls will use the mens room when there is a line for the ladies room . Actually i don't know if that still happens in 2020 but it was pretty common 30 years ago. Once I figured out my mistake I waited patiently for the room to empty so I could make my escape. It never did though so after a while I just sucked it up and walked right through them and out the door. I got quite an education on how womenz really think in the 15 or so minutes I sat and listened, invaluable actually.
Yeah ... you think men are crude ... get a bunch of women together holy crap

I’ve told this one a few times over the years....

Weighted dips with I believe 3 plates hanging from the belt. Finished my set and came down from the rack onto the floor.

Went to drop the weights from the belt kinda hanging from my hips. To do this I would kind of hold the front of the belt on each side of the throat of the hook holding the chain together. When I do this I kind of buck my hips and then drop the plates to the floor in a controlled manner.

This time I missed or slipped and the hook caught my pants and tore the fuckers right off me.

So here I am now. Plates crashed to the floor and me standing completely bare assed in the gym with my pants torn in two hanging from my knees to the floor.

Good thing the AC wasn’t cranked eh?

I pulled my pants up and covered myself the best I could. The girly behind the front desk almost died. I see her still around town sometimes and she still vividly remembers this fine moment of mine.

I look back and wish I hadnt been in so much shock and panic. It would have been even better if I just threw my torn pants and underwear over my shoulder and strutted to the change rooms completely naked from the waist down whistling dixie the whole way.
So u did have your underwear on ... that is probably a good thing

Doing dumbbell Arnold presses, seated on a bench with the back rest up. Was probably doing a little more weight than I should have been because somewhere around the 90 degree angle, the weight tilted backwards and rotated my arm back with it. POP! I subluxed my shoulder. My arm was stuck ,straight out from my body! I had to lean over to the side so my shoulder could relax and my arm popped back in. I was in a sling for a couple weeks. Did this in a crowded gym. The "pop" was loud enough to get everyone's attention.
F**k that must have hurt. I have done the left elbow and that hurt like an sob... went numb pretty quick after the pain

Really hungover at the resort in Mexico. I'm always up early so hit the gym at 6am as I had nothing better to do. Nobody there, just how I like it. Warmed up and loaded the bar for bench press and proceeded to fire out a set. Did not realize how drained and dehydrated I was and went for the last rep, couldn't get it up, missed the lower catch points and dropped it right back down on my chest, luckly not too hard and not on my neck. I slowly rolled it down until I could tip it to knock the plates off like a real goof. First and only time that's ever happened.

Nobody there to see, but there is a security camera in there so maybe one day a video pops up on a gym fails compilation.
Doesn't feel to good rolling a heavy barebell down the body.

This one was funny for me. When I use to squat heavy with very little sleep ( systems work required a lot of overtime) I would usually blow a blood vessel or 2 in my nose on the way up. One session there was a girl working out at a 45 degree angle to me around the corner and I went down with a lot of weight, as I came up the blood shot out of my right nostril so hard it hit the mirror... all I could hear was this girl around the corner screaming and running away like hell, unfortunately she was looking at me when it happened. So after the lift I go to the washroom wipe all the blood off my face, it did not hit my t-shirt as it gushed out not down, took some toilet paper, wadded it up and pushed it up my nose, went back to the squat rack, cleaned the floor up, and finished my sets. One of the desk clerks comes down and asks if there is anything wrong and I say No. Girl probably had nightmares.

forgot this one. was so long ago. drove my bicycle to the gym in winter. right time, enough sleep, properly caffeinated, perfectly psyched up for a special workout(cant remember something like max 3 rep squat or something), forgot my shorts. fuck it. if running pussies can prance around in their black tights, so can i. so i went out in my black stretchy long underwear hoping no one would pay much attention. they did. i was new and didnt know anyone. as i got to know people they would alway bring it up as in, "dude, wtf was that about?"

Years ago had a great training partner, friend.
Well day before I spotting him as he’s squatting, dudes farting on me pretty much each set, and not good farts, man he stank, laughing the whole time.
So next day is bench presses, he pushing a pr, I smacked his forehead with my dick, he started swearing and set the bar on his chest because he couldn’t lift. I had him promise he wouldn’t kill me before I lifted it off him.
He did get even with me later, rubbed his cock on the top of my beers before I drank them, told me the next day.

My worst as we were training with my training partners sister. Doing decline dumbells presses, I had finally hit 95’s, I did a few and then hit complete failure, my arm was coming down, well his sister had not put her octagon weights far enough back, so I crushed my middle finger between her octagon end and the handle of the 95. Blew my finger open, split the bone down the length. They had to sew the blew apart meat back together, the finger joint is loose now, but no long term damage, lol.

Oh and why training partners sister was training with us, well I met my training partners sister one night at a country bar, anyhow I ask her to dance, couple songs later we are molesting each other on the floor. So she drags me over to meet her family. I met her parents and brother. So then I walk off start dancing with some other girl, lol (I used to enjoy dancing with girls and see if we would make out, grind while dancing for fun, had a few get mad thinking after they did this I was with them for the night though, lol)

So one day he sees me training at the gym, same time as him, so he gives a message to the girl at the counter asking if I wanted a training partner and who he was, how I met him. I had just moved to Kelowna and knew no one, thought why not? We became best buddies.

Anyhow I never did date his sister, but if she showed up at the bar that we were at, she would spend the night grinding, making out and bang me in my car later, then nothing after that. Shit that happened for almost a year, lol. It was great, no commitment, but if I showed up to a bar she was at, same thing would happen. We would drop whoever we were picking up at the bar at the time. I don’t know why we never got together, after I moved back to Edmonton her and a friend cane to visit, her friend wanted a piece and she got mad. Wasn’t meant to be though. Then her friend was going to bang my brother and he declined because he thought he would be taking advantage of her, lol, that was before my brother lost his morals.

Ouch ... no fun ...U have surgery?

Nope, they wanted to almost the next day but I opted to wait. I have recovered good and quickly (was using it probably within a week) but it does feel weird and it has a different peak now than it used to and is a little asymmetrical when compared to the other arm so I'd have to be creative in my posing if needed. ☺

Thank you,

OD

Reactions: PGM
Not at the gym but I tore my left bicep while putting on my fins in 4 feet of water pre dive.... was trying to lock my fin (yes had been too cheap to buy the springs) and lost my balance in a wave, glove got caught in the clasp and fell kinda with my arm overextended and the pressure just tore the fucker right off the bone.

I completed the dive because I am a man. But my arm looks like dog shit. Dr refused to refer me to a surgeon. HA actually hooked me up with a guy that would do it but by the time that all happened I just said fuck it. My family didn’t need to nurse me back to health for another surgery. So now if anyone asks me what happened to my arm I tell them that I’m a shark attack survivor.

Much cooler story than losing my balance while putting on a fucking swim fin.

Whoa.... fucking loooooooser!

Shark attack survival? Man!

Lol