What is one of your Worse Mishaps You Have Had in the Gym?

Not at the gym but I tore my left bicep while putting on my fins in 4 feet of water pre dive.... was trying to lock my fin (yes had been too cheap to buy the springs) and lost my balance in a wave, glove got caught in the clasp and fell kinda with my arm overextended and the pressure just tore the fucker right off the bone.

I completed the dive because I am a man. But my arm looks like dog shit. Dr refused to refer me to a surgeon. HA actually hooked me up with a guy that would do it but by the time that all happened I just said fuck it. My family didn’t need to nurse me back to health for another surgery. So now if anyone asks me what happened to my arm I tell them that I’m a shark attack survivor.

Much cooler story than losing my balance while putting on a fucking swim fin.

Whoa.... fucking loooooooser!

Shark attack survival? Man!

Lol
Use that on the chicks they love tough guy stories ... unless you have a partner of course. Bicep tears are no fun. Hurt like fuck as well unless your really drunk. How long ago was that? Does the scar tissue bother you now? I think I know the answer to the last question

So u did have your underwear on ... that is probably a good thing
Man I work with all women and a bunch of nurses. Even the Psychiatrist is a women. With social distancing in place they forget I'm there. You should hear the shit they say! Awesome! Every once in a while I put my hand up and say: "uh man here!". Shit you should the look on their faces when the realize I heard it all. Fucking hysterical!

Reactions: PGM
Use that on the chicks they love tough guy stories ... unless you have a partner of course. Bicep tears are no fun. Hurt like fuck as well unless your really drunk. How long ago was that? Does the scar tissue bother you now? I think I know the answer to the last question

It’s pretty awful. Looks like dog shit and still hurts to this day if I try to flex the bicep. Like a severe sharp muscle cramp or spasm if that makes sense? Also hurts if I do straight bar curls especially if I work through a decent ROM.

I did this is the early fall 2014. I had a really nice low insertion point on my biceps. One of my better qualities aesthetically speaking. Now I have about a 3-3.5 inch gap and the bicep is basically a little ball.

• Sad
This last Wednesday, I was bringing some plates over to the assisted dip/pull up machine, getting ready for some weighted dips. As I was putting the plates near the foot rests I lifted up my head and forgot the kneeling pad was still sticking out, smacked the back of my head on it, hat fell off, and it hurt like a bitch haha.

This last Wednesday, I was bringing some plates over to the assisted dip/pull up machine, getting ready for some weighted dips. As I was putting the plates near the foot rests I lifted up my head and forgot the kneeling pad was still sticking out, smacked the back of my head on it, hat fell off, and it hurt like a bitch haha.
the old head smack into metal... that hurts and if it is pointed it is like bring fucking tears to your eyes paintful

So here is a rather pain full one I pulled off and this was Dec 23 ... anyway very close to xmas. Was doing squats and it was on my second set of warm ups, I was putting on the second pair of 45's, so I walked to the end of the rack pulled the 45 off the top holder which was about face level and it fell out of my grip. The 45 fell straight down and onto my right foot's big toe. So the toe immediately went to red hot painful.. I am standing there trying not to scream but just held my breath.... In about say 20 seconds the pain shifted to numbness and then throbbing. I sat down on a bench pulled my converse sneaker off and there was blood seeping through the sock. By this time the throbbing was manageable so I put the sneaker back on, loaded the bar and finished all my sets for the squat. I then hobbled out of the gym and went home. That was one of the most excruciating painful incidents I have had. So GD clumbsy and stupid. Oh well...such is life

It’s pretty awful. Looks like dog shit and still hurts to this day if I try to flex the bicep. Like a severe sharp muscle cramp or spasm if that makes sense? Also hurts if I do straight bar curls especially if I work through a decent ROM.

I did this is the early fall 2014. I had a really nice low insertion point on my biceps. One of my better qualities aesthetically speaking. Now I have about a 3-3.5 inch gap and the bicep is basically a little ball.
Fack ... sorry to hear about that. I have a pec bicep tear on the left side ... not as severe as yours. It bothers me to this day. Had to modify how I benched, need to keep my elbows tucked to 45 degrees or less from my side to the elbow. Have to hammer curl with dumbbells or do easybar curls. Can't do incline flys or any flys unless I do them with the barbell ends facing towards on another. Just modify how U lift that is all. It doesn't looked but it's not real bad. Just war wounds life hands out to everyone. Adapt and move on :)

So here is a rather pain full one I pulled off and this was Dec 23 ... anyway very close to xmas. Was doing squats and it was on my second set of warm ups, I was putting on the second pair of 45's, so I walked to the end of the rack pulled the 45 off the top holder which was about face level and it fell out of my grip. The 45 fell straight down and onto my right foot's big toe. So the toe immediately went to red hot painful.. I am standing there trying not to scream but just held my breath.... In about say 20 seconds the pain shifted to numbness and then throbbing. I sat down on a bench pulled my converse sneaker off and there was blood seeping through the sock. By this time the throbbing was manageable so I put the sneaker back on, loaded the bar and finished all my sets for the squat. I then hobbled out of the gym and went home. That was one of the most excruciating painful incidents I have had. So GD clumbsy and stupid. Oh well...such is life

Sounds painful. And messy :(

got a hiatual hernia doing 485 deadlift was mine.
Does the hernia give you issues with swallowing and food getting caught at the top of the stomach? I have had a hiatal hernia for years now and I have heart burn, reflux, issues swallowing, food getting caught. Have had to have my esophagus expanded twice so far ... that is no fun. I take dexlansoprazole 60mg per day to fight GERD (reflux) I have had for a very long time. It work very well.

The very first time I went to a commercial gym. I was about 14 at the time and up to that point had trained with those cheap concrete plates and thin 1” bars. I went to the gym to train chest (obviously lol lol) and loaded the bar up to 225...a weight I should have been able to lift based on my home gym weight. Well I guess concrete can fall out of those weights over time and use and I know I was guessing at how much the 1” bar weighed itself. Because when I went to lift that 225lb bench at the commercial gym I dropped it on my chest. Laura Binetti was the gym owner at the time...I remember thinking “I hope she didn’t see that!”

Bunk

Does the hernia give you issues with swallowing and food getting caught at the top of the stomach? I have had a hiatal hernia for years now and I have heart burn, reflux, issues swallowing, food getting caught. Have had to have my esophagus expanded twice so far ... that is no fun. I take dexlansoprazole 60mg per day to fight GERD (reflux) I have had for a very long time. It work very well.
yup had terrible acid reflux, did an endoscopy and they gave me a liner med for it as well.

• Wow
The very first time I went to a commercial gym. I was about 14 at the time and up to that point had trained with those cheap concrete plates and thin 1” bars. I went to the gym to train chest (obviously lol lol) and loaded the bar up to 225...a weight I should have been able to lift based on my home gym weight. Well I guess concrete can fall out of those weights over time and use and I know I was guessing at how much the 1” bar weighed itself. Because when I went to lift that 225lb bench at the commercial gym I dropped it on my chest. Laura Binetti was the gym owner at the time...I remember thinking “I hope she didn’t see that!”

Bunk
that is one way to impress a woman ..lol

Not the most savoury of topics... But do you get the awful mucus expulsion sometimes when eating on an empty stomach? That feeling where you're literally not opposed to death if the food doesn't go down?
Nothing like having that reaction on a first date, either, eh?

Only bad gym experience I've ever had was sheering the plate-mount off one side of a bar during a particularly heavy PR deadlift set. At a country club I didn't belong to, that I pretended to be a member of for free gym privileges. Damn that was a beautiful gym, though.

Last edited:
Not the most savoury of topics... But do you get the awful mucus expulsion sometimes when eating on an empty stomach? That feeling where you're literally not opposed to death if the food doesn't go down?
Nothing like having that reaction on a first date, either, eh?

Only bad gym experience I've ever had was sheering the plate-mount off one side of a bar during a particularly heavy PR deadlift set. At a country club I didn't belong to, that I pretended to be a member of for free gym privileges. Damn that was a beautiful gym, though.
I get really bad reflux at night if I eat to late and don't take the acid reflux med. The acid will come up and go into my lungs... and the taste is so nasty. It burns the shit out of your lungs so you hack and cough for an hour an a half as your lungs are burning, you can barely breath cause of the inflammation... on those occasions death would seem probably a little more comfortable.

Worst for me was shitting my shorts on the bottom of a heavy squat. Gym was packed full of people, shorts were white and the shit wasn't solid at all :( After that I gave up shakes and moved to another Provence lol.
All I can say is ...damn ... I am glad it wasn't me. Some times you just can't control those things. I was watching a marathon on TV back a while ago and the camera was on this specific girl who was running ... and all of a sudden she took to the shoulder of the road and was starting to yank her pants down ... they panned that camera shot away real quick ...lol

All I can say is ...damn ... I am glad it wasn't me. Some times you just can't control those things. I was watching a marathon on TV back a while ago and the camera was on this specific girl who was running ... and all of a sudden she took to the shoulder of the road and was starting to yank her pants down ... they panned that camera shot away real quick ...lol

lolz I think I probably saw that same one