What did you eat today

Good to see you back. I try to combine a reasonably healthy diet with a diet to fuel lifting. I hit my peak years ago and if I ate to bulk, I would get heavier than I want. That isn't bragging - I just don't want to be any heavier and would rather be leaner. I don't want to be over 225. 2600-2800 cals with the right macros keeps me around this weight. If there was a reason for being heavier and putting more stress on my body I would consider it but I don't see reason other than 'just because'.
My only complaint is the gas after meal 1 which I assume is because it is too much protein at once. If I don't put the Vega protein on it for flavour, I am fine but when I do - rather unpleasant. Either by themselves are fine.

Bit of an older post to reply too but have you tried CanadianProtein online? I have good luck with them so far. Just picked up around 22 pounds of premium whey isolate for great price (300 bucks or so for new years sale). Having that much around i usually only have to buy a couple times a year between me and the wife

Great diets btw, stealing a bit to use for myself

Bit of an older post to reply too but have you tried CanadianProtein online? I have good luck with them so far. Just picked up around 22 pounds of premium whey isolate for great price (300 bucks or so for new years sale). Having that much around i usually only have to buy a couple times a year between me and the wife

thanks and no, I tried a few and the only one that doesn't give me stomach issues is Vega Sport. It is expensive and keeps going up. I won't lie and say I don't drink protein powder or use a scoop in my Greek Yogurt or oatmeal for flavour but I much rather get my protein from food.
I tried Disesel for a while simply because it was so much less and if the pretty packaging is accurate, it is close to as good. I couldn't as I would have terrible gas for a few hours after.
Thanks for the tip all the same.
take care

Their stuff is great. I get no stomach distention or bloating using their isolate, plus if I get gas, I don't stink out the whole house like other powders used to do to me.

High day

Meal 1 - 140g chicken breast, 385g rice, 150g apple

Meal 2 - 140g chicken breast, 385g rice, 24g honey, green beans

Meal 3 - 140g chicken breast, 385g rice, 24g honey, green beans

Meal 4 (pre workout) - 140g chicken breast, 300g rice, 190g pineapple, cinnamon raisin bagel

Training (intra) - 2 scoops CarbHD

Meal 5 - 40g protein from whey iso, 140g Rice Krispies, 60g Oreo cereal

Meal 6 - cheat meal TBD

Pull day = back and biceps & forearms

Meal 1: 1/2 cup cream of rice with 1/2 scoop of Vega sport protein, 3 cups of coffee with a little cream and a glass of water with an ounce of ACV
work out
Meal 2: 6 eggs, 2 pieces of gluten free bread, 1 nectarine

Meal 3: 6 oz top sirloin, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of EVOO

Meal 4: 6 oz top sirloin, 1/2 baked potato, steamed spinach

Meal 5: stir fry - chicken, cabbage, broccoli, and peppers on a bed of white rice (no idea the caloric intake or macros for sure)

Best guess because of number 5 = 2,950 calories / 227 grams carbs / 97 grams fat / 280 grams protein

every meal includes a glass of water with an unmeasured amount of ACV in it - best guess 1 tablespoon.

Pull day = back and biceps & forearms

Meal 1: 1/2 cup cream of rice with 1/2 scoop of Vega sport protein, 3 cups of coffee with a little cream and a glass of water with an ounce of ACV
work out
Meal 2: 6 eggs, 2 pieces of gluten free bread, 1 nectarine

Meal 3: 6 oz top sirloin, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of EVOO

Meal 4: 6 oz top sirloin, 1/2 baked potato, steamed spinach

Meal 5: stir fry - chicken, cabbage, broccoli, and peppers on a bed of white rice (no idea the caloric intake or macros for sure)

Best guess because of number 5 = 2,950 calories / 227 grams carbs / 97 grams fat / 280 grams protein

every meal includes a glass of water with an unmeasured amount of ACV in it - best guess 1 tablespoon.
Hey just curious, what are you weighing in at currently for those macros and your goals?
Looks like a great day of eating. I've been getting alot of top sirloin as well on sale. They cook really well and rival some better cuts easily

Medium day

Meal 1 - 180g chicken breast, 300g rice, 10g evoo, green beans

Meal 2 (pre workout) - 180g chicken breast, 245g rice, 190g pineapple, plain bagel

Training (intra) - 2 scoops CarbHD

Meal 3 (post workout) - 55g protein from whey iso, 100g COR, 40g Rice krispies

Meal 4 - 180g chicken breast, 300g rice, 10g evoo, spinach

Meal 5 - 180g chicken breast, 300g rice, 10g evoo, green beans

Meal 6 - 200g wild sockeye, 300g rice, green beans

Hey just curious, what are you weighing in at currently for those macros and your goals?
Looks like a great day of eating. I've been getting alot of top sirloin as well on sale. They cook really well and rival some better cuts easily
I weigh 225-230 right now but some days I am 220 and some days a little heavier - water retention I assume as I didn't gain 5 lbs of lean muscle in a week. I weigh once a week to see if what I'm doing is working. I don't need 2,950 to maintain 225 lbs - I need around 2600-2,750 calories and around 200-225 grams of protein.
Goal is pretty simple and it has a lot to do with avoiding injuries and I'm not 20 anymore - keep weight around 220 and lean out a but. Yesterday my carbs were a little higher and would be the high end for me. Multiple days I eat less than 100 / 100-150 / and 200 max when carb cycling. I eat a modified bodybuilding diet which has a focus on health as well and don't get consumed with having a 6 pack. I use to eat much more protein but don't anymore unless I am trying to slim up a bit - less carbs / more protein and healthy fats.
Agreedm top sirloin is a good cut as it doesn't contain a lot of fat and still tastes good. It isn't a prime rib or strip loin for taste and I asked @Sorbate what meat cuts he thought were best - high protein count, lower fat content/decent taste. Don't get me wrong when we go out, I splurge and get the delicious cuts and don't think about it.
Everyone who reads my posts know a blast for me would be 200-250 mg total PED and possibly something like IonaGen (which is a joke to many and less that their bridge) or low dose script HGH so I rely mostly on food for putting on size/slimming up. If I did a true cycle and ate to grow, with all seriousness I would have to buy all new suits/dress clothes. When I went up to 240 I ripped the ass out of multiple suits and my armpits and elbows ripped in some of my favorite and more expensive suits. It's a bit of a downer when you have an expensive suit you love and it rips in the butt bending over to pick something up and not down the seam - can't be fixed. I also saw some pics are realized my stomach grew more than I thought it did. I should have been doing more cardio.
Long story short - I am in maintenance stage while trying to get set a few PR in reps / not weight with proper form.

I weigh 225-230 right now but some days I am 220 and some days a little heavier - water retention I assume as I didn't gain 5 lbs of lean muscle in a week. I weigh once a week to see if what I'm doing is working. I don't need 2,950 to maintain 225 lbs - I need around 2600-2,750 calories and around 200-225 grams of protein.
Goal is pretty simple and it has a lot to do with avoiding injuries and I'm not 20 anymore - keep weight around 220 and lean out a but. Yesterday my carbs were a little higher and would be the high end for me. Multiple days I eat less than 100 / 100-150 / and 200 max when carb cycling. I eat a modified bodybuilding diet which has a focus on health as well and don't get consumed with having a 6 pack. I use to eat much more protein but don't anymore unless I am trying to slim up a bit - less carbs / more protein and healthy fats.
Agreedm top sirloin is a good cut as it doesn't contain a lot of fat and still tastes good. It isn't a prime rib or strip loin for taste and I asked @Sorbate what meat cuts he thought were best - high protein count, lower fat content/decent taste. Don't get me wrong when we go out, I splurge and get the delicious cuts and don't think about it.
Everyone who reads my posts know a blast for me would be 200-250 mg total PED and possibly something like IonaGen (which is a joke to many and less that their bridge) or low dose script HGH so I rely mostly on food for putting on size/slimming up. If I did a true cycle and ate to grow, with all seriousness I would have to buy all new suits/dress clothes. When I went up to 240 I ripped the ass out of multiple suits and my armpits and elbows ripped in some of my favorite and more expensive suits. It's a bit of a downer when you have an expensive suit you love and it rips in the butt bending over to pick something up and not down the seam - can't be fixed. I also saw some pics are realized my stomach grew more than I thought it did. I should have been doing more cardio.
Long story short - I am in maintenance stage while trying to get set a few PR in reps / not weight with proper form.
Top sirloin is a good cut. It has its own flavour. I just like more fat in my meat. I eat ribeye mainly and I take home the piece that comes from the chuck end. It has multiple muscles in it, usually a chunk of fat (I think it looks like the ugly side, lots of people avoid it becayse of the look, but it is the far more tender end). Same with pork chops, I always eat the rib end, which has the multiple different coloured meat, far more tender and juicy. I just adjust my carb intake to make up for the fat. Well in essence with a ribeye or the fattier pork chops, I don’t eat any carbs with that meal. Just salad.

Like you I’m done with higher doses. I’m on what I feel is a cycle of 175 mg of test and some grh/iPam combo.

I have no interest in being huge. It’s just not my body type. I’ve always been the ripped guy, and I pushed the envelope to get bigger, but found that at almost 200 lbs, I was not as bendy, couldn’t fit into tight areas as easily. It sucks when you need to plan how you are going to get into a tight area, so you don’t get stuck. I know as a taller guy, that is always a consideration, but as a shorter guy, I never had to think about that before, plus it just pushed up my bp. If I was young, I could have gotten larger with gear, but those days are behind me now.

I eat about 2800-3000 cal to maintain 180 lbs, a labour job mixed with a decent metabolism. I have eaten far more before, but eventually I get fat.

Push day

Meal 1: small glass of OJ, 3 cups coffee with a little cream, 2 cups greek yogurt 5%, 1/2 cup blueberries, 6 tablespoons of walnuts, 1/2 scoop of vega sport protein.

Meal 2: 1/2 cup cream of rice and 1/2 scoop of Vega sport protein powder.

Meal 3: 6 oz top sirloin steak, 1/2 cup white rice with pepper and salt, and 1 cup of broccoli raw

Meal 4: 5 whole chicken eggs, and 1 piece of gluten free bread (allergy)

Meal 5: 2 whole chicken eggs, 1 tablespoon of EVOO, 3 tablespoons of raw almonds, 1 banana

30 minutes on the heavy bag and BOB after workout (after meal 2).

Calories - approx 2,800, carbs - approx 230 g, fats - approx 130 g, protein approx 200 g

If hungry in the evening I will have a piece of cheese and apple or whatever is left over for vegetables from post workout meal and a small portion of top sirloin steak (maybe 3 oz).

rest day

Meal 1: 3 cups of coffee with a little cream and 1% milk, 1/2 cup cream of rice, 1 scoop vega protein poweder, and glass of water with 2 table spoons of ACV.

weights

Meal 2: 1/2 cup berries, 2 cups 5% greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons of walnuts, 1/2 scoop of vega sport protein.

Meal 3: 5 whole eggs, 2 pieces of gluten free bread.

Meal 4: 2 hamburgers (no bun), 1 cup broccoli

Meal 5: vegetable and chicken stir fry - two chicken breasts, broccoli, peppers, cabbage, whatever I find in the fridge. On a small bed of white rice. (no idea the macros or cals) but best guess:

2950 cals / 196 grams carbs / 100 grams fat / 250 grams protein

At some time during the day I will have a tablespoon of EVOO most likely with meal 5.

So far

Bacon and 4 eggs

3/4 bag of Doritos nacho cheese, lol

Later

1 lb ribeye steak with salad.

Some grapes for a snack before bed.

That will be all today, I’m not overly hungry.

5 days a week I’m on the money, but I like to post my bad days for shock value, lol.

Have not posted in this thread in a bit. I’m pretty consistent in my food and typically follow eating clean Sunday at five to Friday at five. I don’t believe in specific cheat meals but allow myself to eat what I want on the weekends. Here’s a sample of this weekend “cheats” but still falls in the 80% clean. I weigh every except vegetables

Friday
M1 85g oats, 85g banana, 75g blueberries, 50g pumpkin, plus 100g ground chicken in bone broth

M2 100g ground turkey in bone broth, 2 rice cakes with 15g PB (typically use avocado, but did not have any)

M3 150g chicken, 170g rice, veggies

M4. 30g walnuts plus 15g 90% dark chocolate

M5. Date night - Shared Szechuan chicken lettuce wraps with wife and then had a poke bowl

M6 smoothie - 500ml oat milk, 30g vegan protein, cup frozen berries, 25g PB, 50g oatmeal

Saturday all meals the same except M2 was ground bison and M5 was 3 pieces chicken and taders from Mary Browns while watching hockey with my son.

Will eat clean all day today, Sunday but will probably have some airpoped popcorn with smoothie watching netflix.

I’m cutting so a normal day for me is (yeah all my meals except dinner is exactly the same)

4 whole eggs over easy

8 oz sliced chicken breast with rice noodles and broccolli

5 or 6 pieces of popcorn twists to get over my junk food craving

8-16 oz of some meat with salad (sugar free dressing) (dinner). If chicken breasts around 8 oz, but if I am eating a steak, it could be a pound, I just trim off the fat instead of eating it when cutting

Scoop of isolate with water before bed.

For dinner though I will change it up, but keep my portions smaller. So if tacos, only 2. If pizza only 1 big slice. If we eat Popeyes, then only 3 pieces of chicken and nothing else.

Monday is my cheat. I’ll eat a 5 egg omlette, have pho soup for lunch, then a hamburger for dinner.
I made 95% of my meals at home.

I’m cutting so a normal day for me is (yeah all my meals except dinner is exactly the same)

4 whole eggs over easy

8-16 oz of some meat with salad (sugar free dressing) (dinner). If chicken breasts around 8 oz, but if I am eating a steak, it could be a pound, I just trim off the fat instead of eating it when cutting

For dinner though I will change it up, but keep my portions smaller. So if tacos, only 2. If pizza only 1 big slice. If we eat Popeyes, then only 3 pieces of chicken and nothing else.

Monday is my cheat. I’ll eat a 5 egg omlette, have pho soup for lunch, then a hamburger for dinner.

4 whole eggs over easy

Did you really stop at 5 popcorn twists? 🤔

Meal 1 (pre workout) - 180g chicken breast, 245g rice, 190g pineapple, 1 bagel

Intra - 1 scoop karbolyn

Meal 2 (post workout) - 50g protein from whey iso, 100g COR, 40g rice krispies

Meal 3 - 180g chicken breast, 300g rice, 10g mac nut oil, green beans

Meal 4 - 180g chicken breast, 300g rice, 10g EVOO, green beans

Meal 5 - 180g chicken breast, 300g rice, 10g EVOO, green beans

Meal 6 - 200g wild sockeye, 300g rice, (maybe veg)

Did you really stop at 5 popcorn twists? 🤔
Yep. Thats how I get thru. I am a junk food addict because of the salt. So for some reason I can eat only 5 or 6 popcorn twists and be fine. Now if it was corn chips or lays, fuck I eat half the bag in a eating frenzy before I think to stop. I’m that way with red skin peanuts also. I can easily eat a pound of those and want more.

Day off to recover:

Meal 1: 1/2 cup of blueberries, 2 cups of 5% greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons of walnuts, 1 scoop of 24 g protein, glass of water with an ounce of ACV in it, 3 cups of coffee with 1% milk, and a chunk of raw ginger with supplements/vitamins.

Meal 2: Banana, 1 tablespoon of EVOO, 4 whole eggs scrambled.

Meal 3: 8 oz top sirloin, 1 cup raw brocolli dipped in EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and garlic mixed up.

Meal 4: 3 whole eggs scrambled, mixed with an ounce of cheddar, and 6 slices of turkey cut up, 1/4 cup of rice all mixed together.

Meal 5: 2 cups asparagus steamed, 3 tablespoons of almonds, and 150 gram chicken breast.

total calories 2,900 approx / 110 grams carbs / 147 grams fat / 277 grams protein

Each meal is drank with a glass of water - I don't count my extra glasses of water but I drink when I'm thirsty which is a lot.