What did you eat today

Have to change my diet somewhat due to my pancreas deciding it wants me to F off and stop eating good fats. Even avocados, olive oil, cream in coffee, etc. was causing pain.
Anyway breakfast was:
2 glasses of water, 2 cups of coffee with 1% milk, 2 whole eggs, one banana, 1 cup oatmeal, 45 grams vega sport protein, and 1/2 cup blueberries.

tried your breakfast oatmeal idea @Goldenrod. what kind are using as I could barely get it down
Ok try this. It’s kinda gross, but edible.
2/3 cup of minute oats, 1 scoop of vanilla protien powder, 400 ml of water. I use a mixing cup. Then microwave for a minute so it warm but not too hot. Stir the gruel with a fork before microwaving or you’ll get lumps.
Anyhow stir as you drink to keep the oats suspended.

you can add a bit of cinnomen if you want.

Its not great, but I’ve drank it for breakfast for 4 years. Sometimes for dinner, lol.

tried your breakfast oatmeal idea @Goldenrod. what kind are using as I could barely get it down
Morning - like @Sorbate said I too use the quick oats (Quaker I think). Are you putting the protein powder in? I like the Mocha flavored Vega Sport protein. That is what gives it the flavor and protein.
The recipe Sorbate lists is similar to what I have and few eggs in the morning but I also add in frozen berries and a few tablespoons of raw nuts for antioxidants and flavor.

2 cups of coffee with 1 % milk, 2 glasses of water with a tablespoon of ACV, 1 whole egg, 4 oz lean steak, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 22 grams of protein (Vega sport) with 1/2 cup of blueberries.

662 cals / 38 grams carbs / 18 grams fat / 80 grams protein

@Sorbate - I have been advised to cut down on meats that are high in fat. I looked up the macros on several different steaks but considering you do it for a living - what steak would you recommend for low fat and good flavor? It is most often the fattier cuts that taste the best but it isn't worth the pain. I eat a lot of fish but can't imagine a life without steak.

Morning - like @Sorbate said I too use the quick oats (Quaker I think). Are you putting the protein powder in? I like the Mocha flavored Vega Sport protein. That is what gives it the flavor and protein.
The recipe Sorbate lists is similar to what I have and few eggs in the morning but I also add in frozen berries and a few tablespoons of raw nuts for antioxidants and flavor.
Too fancy man, lol

2 cups of coffee with 1 % milk, 2 glasses of water with a tablespoon of ACV, 1 whole egg, 4 oz lean steak, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 22 grams of protein (Vega sport) with 1/2 cup of blueberries.

662 cals / 38 grams carbs / 18 grams fat / 80 grams protein

@Sorbate - I have been advised to cut down on meats that are high in fat. I looked up the macros on several different steaks but considering you do it for a living - what steak would you recommend for low fat and good flavor? It is most often the fattier cuts that taste the best but it isn't worth the pain. I eat a lot of fish but can't imagine a life without steak.
Striplion or top sirloin.
What you read online can be misleading, they are giving you what 'they' supposedly tested.
Beef comes in varying levels of fat.
Single A beef is very lean while AAA beef is a lot fattier.
This is where the whole grass fed argument comes in. They say grass fed is better, but its likely because its leaner like single A when they try and compare it to AAA to make the AAA look fatty and low on certain nutrients. All cows eat grass except the last 21 or so days.

So I recommend to buy Top Sirloin or Striploin because they are normally leaner and then look at the steak, and if you don't see internal marbling then its lean, lol.

Roasts you want rump, sirloin tip or top sirloin.

Why no fatty meats?

Striplion or top sirloin.
What you read online can be misleading, they are giving you what 'they' supposedly tested.
Beef comes in varying levels of fat.
Single A beef is very lean while AAA beef is a lot fattier.
This is where the whole grass fed argument comes in. They say grass fed is better, but its likely because its leaner like single A when they try and compare it to AAA to make the AAA look fatty and low on certain nutrients. All cows eat grass except the last 21 or so days.

So I recommend to buy Top Sirloin or Striploin because they are normally leaner and then look at the steak, and if you don't see internal marbling then its lean, lol.

Roasts you want rump, sirloin tip or top sirloin.

Why no fatty meats?
I have been using top sirloin as it has very little fat in it and it tastes pretty good (didn't know that about A vs AAA - thank you. I have to cut down my fat intake for a while because my pancreas was pissed at me and causing considerable stomach pain and a few other symptoms. I fasted a day, then a day of blan foods and then incorporate my regulars back in slowly and it was gone in 3 days. I had a steak sandwich for lunch yesterday and top sirloin with plain rice last night - so far no issues.
Chicken and fish are fine but nothing compares to a good steak.

Its trial and error with a log to figure out what is triggering it.

I have been using top sirloin as it has very little fat in it and it tastes pretty good (didn't know that about A vs AAA - thank you. I have to cut down my fat intake for a while because my pancreas was pissed at me and causing considerable stomach pain and a few other symptoms. I fasted a day, then a day of blan foods and then incorporate my regulars back in slowly and it was gone in 3 days. I had a steak sandwich for lunch yesterday and top sirloin with plain rice last night - so far no issues.
Chicken and fish are fine but nothing compares to a good steak.

Its trial and error with a log to figure out what is triggering it.
There is some pancreas pills you can take that may help. I’ll ask a buddy what the name is. It OTC. He had bad issues with his.

There is some pancreas pills you can take that may help. I’ll ask a buddy what the name is. It OTC. He had bad issues with his.
Please do and thank you. I am doing much better but had to change my diet. I would rely on fats for energy when I kept carbs low but that ship has sailed. I quit dairy completely except for 1% milk in my coffee in the morning. Not a big deal but still annoying.

Please do and thank you. I am doing much better but had to change my diet. I would rely on fats for energy when I kept carbs low but that ship has sailed. I quit dairy completely except for 1% milk in my coffee in the morning. Not a big deal but still annoying.
Ok
Pancreatin is what it’s called. I guess you can buy it from health food stores.
‘Now are you getting pain? Get the shits all the time.
See with him eventually they had to put a stint in to the duct from his pancreas. They don’t normally use a stint, but it’s working. Thing is though they need to replace it every 5 months or it will just grow over and the issue will come back.
I guess this ocured because of a screw up when they removed his gall bladder. Then one day he took anAdrol and it flared it and that was it.
I guess at first though the pills helped.

Ok
Pancreatin is what it’s called. I guess you can buy it from health food stores.
‘Now are you getting pain? Get the shits all the time.
See with him eventually they had to put a stint in to the duct from his pancreas. They don’t normally use a stint, but it’s working. Thing is though they need to replace it every 5 months or it will just grow over and the issue will come back.
I guess this ocured because of a screw up when they removed his gall bladder. Then one day he took anAdrol and it flared it and that was it.
I guess at first though the pills helped.
No, the pain is gone and I don't have diarrhea. Thanks for the info.

Fasted cardio in the morning consisted of a 30 minuted walk with the dogs, 15 minutes on the heavy bag and a rep/pump leg work out. Still sorting out meals with an unhappy pancreas.

Meal 1: 2 cups of coffee with 1% milk, 4 oz top sirloin, 1/4 cup cream of rice, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 15 grams vega sport protein.

Meal 2: 10 oz halibut and 1/2 cup jasmine rice.

Meal 3: gluten free bread sandwich with 200 grams turkey, 1/2 cup asparagus

Meal 4: 12 oz fresh salmon, 1 potato with sauerkraut, 1/2 cup broccoli

Meal 5: 4 oz top sirloin, 1 potato

Meal 6: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoon raw walnuts, 1/4 cup mixed berries, and 15 grams vega sport protein.

2,797 cals / 194 grams carbs / 78 grams fat / 326 grams protein

Day off - no training

Meal 1: 1/2 cup cream of rice, 30 grams vega sport protein, 1 tablespoon of raw walnuts, 1/2 cup mixed berries, 2 cups of coffee with 1% milk.

Meal 2: 200 gram chicken breast, 1 cup asparagus

Meal 3: 6 oz top sirloin, 2 cups garden salad.

Meal 4: 250 gram chicken breast, 1/2 cup Jasmine rice, and 6 raw brussel sprouts.

Meal 5: 2 rice cakes, 200 grams turkey

Meal 6: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 30 grams vega sport protein, 3 tablespoons of raw walnuts, 1/2 cup blueberries.

2,612 cals / 142 grams carbs / 62 grams fat / 338 grams protein

Meal 1: 2 cups of coffee with 1% milk, 1 cup of oatmeal, 30 grams vega sport protein, 1/2 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons of raw walnuts.

Meal 2: Banana and 300 grams of turkey

Meal 3: 6 oz top sirloin, 1 piece of gluten free bread, 2 cups of greens

Meal 4: 1/2 cup cream of rice, cinnamon for flavor

weights

Meal 5: 250 grams chicken breast, 1 potato, 1/2 cup greens

Meal 6: 2 tablespoons of raw walnuts, 250 grams of chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of ketchup

2,871 cals / 208 grams carbs / 63 grams fat / 347 grams protein (still keeping fat low due to my pancreas)

Well I’m officially fat. So my new diet starting today.

3/4 cup oats, 1scoop protien powder

6oz chicken breast, rice noodle soup (40gm carbs) with broccoli

14 triscuits (40 gm carbs) scoop protien powder

5 egg scramble with cheese and a tiny bit of bacon

1 scoop protien powder with fibre before bed.

More veggies tomorrow.

#1 - 2 eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 3 tbl spoons sugar free ketchup
#2 - 6oz ground turkey, 1 large handful spinach, 1 cup walnuts
#3 - 6oz ground turkey, 1 large handful spinach
#4 - same as 3
#5 - 2 scoops whey isolate
#6 - 6 eggs, 4 tbl spoons sugar free ketchup
#7 - 2 scoops whey concentrate, 2 scoops psyllium husk/crushed flax seeds mix

#1 - 2 eggs, 1 cup egg whites, 3 tbl spoons sugar free ketchup
#2 - 6oz ground turkey, 1 large handful spinach, 1 cup walnuts
#3 - 6oz ground turkey, 1 large handful spinach
#4 - same as 3