Wexit

I know one thing 100k a year doesn’t go far out here. But if you keep your nose to the grindstone work your bag off move up the ladder it’s very common, or used to be common I should say, to make 250-300 a year.
You know it’s sad how little our money goes.

You know partly why I needed to get out of Edmonton was because my pay didn’t increase, but the cost of living sure did.

This is why I get upset about the corruption our so called leaders do. I have no issues with taxes, but I’m so tired of them spending it like it’s unlimited water.

Reactions: 3ml
You know it’s sad how little our money goes.

You know partly why I needed to get out of Edmonton was because my pay didn’t increase, but the cost of living sure did.

This is why I get upset about the corruption our so called leaders do. I have no issues with taxes, but I’m so tired of them spending it like it’s unlimited water.

I think you timed it as good as you can sorbate so good move on your part

btw when you aren’t busy as fuck I want more jerky!!!

Ya the average yearly earning in Alberta has certainly gone down in the last 5 years. It’s glaringly obvious. But the cost of living keeps going up and up and up...

It’s not just taxes... it’s just the cost of buyin stuff to live.. it doesn’t make sense.

We want to build a house... the builders in town told me 5-10 years ago what my house would have cost to build, them they told me what they will charge me to build it now... my jaw just about fell off my face

Ya the average yearly earning in Alberta has certainly gone down in the last 5 years. It’s glaringly obvious. But the cost of living keeps going up and up and up...

It’s not just taxes... it’s just the cost of buyin stuff to live.. it doesn’t make sense.

We want to build a house... the builders in town told me 5-10 years ago what my house would have cost to build, them they told me what they will charge me to build it now... my jaw just about fell off my face
Most of the increase can be contributed to government intervention.
Carbon tax
Min wage increase
Green energy increasing energy rates
and so on.
Regulation costs for safety and such.

A business will not work forever to break even, just like no one would work forever to just make enough to survive if they could help it.
So increases on everything happen.
But then it’s just a downhill spiral, because now it cost government more to do anything and then they increase taxes, and so on, plus the unions for the government employment now want an increase for cost of living.

Most of the increase can be contributed to government intervention.
Carbon tax
Min wage increase
Green energy increasing energy rates
and so on.
Regulation costs for safety and such.

A business will not work forever to break even, just like no one would work forever to just make enough to survive if they could help it.
So increases on everything happen.
But then it’s just a downhill spiral, because now it cost government more to do anything and then they increase taxes, and so on, plus the unions for the government employment now want an increase for cost of living.

yeah I know your right.... Doesn't help that the Can dollar has been taking a shit kicking either...

Most people just don't get the real reason behind alot of this government BS is not what it is at face value.. It's not because our government beleives our lower class is suffering... Its not because our government thinks carbon tax will help our environment.. It's 100% wealth redistribution...
Watch this video about wealth redistribution.

yeah I know your right.... Doesn't help that the Can dollar has been taking a shit kicking either...

Most people just don't get the real reason behind alot of this government BS is not what it is at face value.. It's not because our government beleives our lower class is suffering... Its not because our government thinks carbon tax will help our environment.. It's 100% wealth redistribution...
Watch this video about wealth redistribution.

I think the main people at the federal or provincial government are only worried about increasing their revenues.
The rest is all just bullshit appearance.

I think the main people at the federal or provincial government are only worried about increasing their revenues.
The rest is all just bullshit appearance.

wealth redistributation IS a way to boost the economy.

Take person A and person B

Person A makes 100,000 a year.
Person A spends about 60,000 a year
Person A puts the other 40,000 into savings/retirement/RRSP

Person B makes 50,000 a year
Person B is living pay check to pay check and spends 48,000 a year
Person B puts the other 2,000 into savings.
Person B has not much.. renting aprt, basic clothes etc..

Wealth redistributiion takes 20,000K of person A's money in the form of taxes/raising min wage/carbon tax/fees etc...
That 20,000$ will be sent to 10 people who live like person B.
These 20 person B's WILL spend that 20,000$ within a couple months.

What this does is makes sure people like person A aren't hoarding money. Saving money actually is BAD for the economy. Instead its taken and given to person B's who will send it into the economy. Spending money is GOOD for the economy.

It's justified by polliticians in ways other than what it actually is... And it makes polliticians look fucking fantastic to person B's and lots of other people including some Person A's...

It frustrates that fucking hell out of most person A's because they see it as "I worked my ass off to get where I am and now that higher paying job I earned and worked for isn't actually going to put as much money in my pocket as it used too...

I agree in that SOME wealth redistributation should happen when its seriously needed. And it should come from the top 5-10% income earners.. But its simply not.. It's coming from the middle class under our current government.

Wealth redistributiion takes 20,000K of person A's money in the form of taxes/raising min wage/carbon tax/fees etc...

What this does is makes sure people like person A aren't hoarding money. Saving money actually is BAD for the economy. Instead its taken and given to person B's who will send it into the economy. Spending money is GOOD for the economy.

It's justified by polliticians in ways other than what it actually is... And it makes polliticians look fucking fantastic to person B's and lots of other people including some Person A's...

It frustrates that fucking hell out of most person A's because they see it as "I worked my ass off to get where I am and now that higher paying job I earned and worked for isn't actually going to put as much money in my pocket as it used too...

I agree in that SOME wealth redistributation should happen when its seriously needed. And it should come from the top 5-10% income earners.. But its simply not.. It's coming from the middle class under our current government.

So are you willing to cough up more of your money?
Tell you what this is bullshit. People that make 2,3, 400k per year at a job are probably working 2-3 times the hours of person B
Have sacrificed much more.
Have more important jobs
Maybe a lot of education or just experience and hard work.
It’s real easy to spend someone else’s money. I’d love for people that think this way to walk in the shoes of a high earner for a week. Bet they would fall flat on their face by day 2 or 3
What you are talking about is communism, you can dress it up any way you want but it’s communism.

Oh ya btw there is already wealth distribution. Fuck me you go and make 250 and look at what you pay in taxes, you will want to puke I can assure you of that. Plus no tax credits or child allowance for those people making that kind of money either. I would have paid nearly 70k last year in income taxes if I didn’t max out my rrsp. How is that fair? I don’t use public services or roads etc more than a regular earner. How is it fair some guy makes 40k a year and pays almost nothing and he might have 2 kids and obese wife that tax the medical system. I don’t have kids yet I pay for the underperformer and his family. That’s real fair isn’t it!???

This is a free country and you can make whatever you want if you get off your fucking ass and work for it. Why should laziness be rewarded??!!!

fuck this shit pisses me off...makes me fucking sick hearing crap like this

Last edited:
Tell you what this is bullshit. People that make 2,3, 400k per year at a job are probably working 2-3 times the hours of person B
Have more important jobs
It’s real easy to spend someone else’s money. I’d love for people that think this way to walk in the shoes of a high earner for a week. Bet they would fall flat on their face by day 2 or 3
What you are talking about is communism, you can dress it up any way you want but it’s communism.

Oh ya btw there is already wealth distribution. Fuck me you got make 250 and look at what you pay in taxes, you will want to puke I can assure you of that. Plus no tax credits or child allowance for those people making that kind of money either.

This is a free country and you can make whatever you want if you get off your fucking ass and work for it. Why should laziness be rewarded.

Lol... you need to take a step back and re read what I wrote... Your talking to the wrong guy if you think I agree with it..... You think I agree with welath redistribution as its happeneing? I thought you read my posts about our government.. There's nothign in what I post that says I agree with whats happening.. I was simply explaining what wealth redistributation is and how it does work to stimulate the economy.. I disagree with it, but it does work.

Maybe you read my statement when I said there should be SOME wealth redistributation.. MAybe I worded it wrong, but SOME was capitlized for a reason.. By some, I mean a fraction of whats happening and only when its needed.. For example, student bursury's for college/ university for kids who can not afford to pay the tutirion, yet have the brains and motiviation to better themselves. Or welfare for those who truly need it..

You need to understand me and my wife fall into the category that's getting completely fucked in the last few years with wealth redistribution.. I disagree with it.. I agree with you in that if you want more money, go earn it.. I worked my ass off, I took out loans to get education, I worked hard to get where I am.. I do not deserve to have my rewards taken from me like they are right now.. I'm fine with losing a bit so that we can have things like welfare for those who need it etc.. But again, I do not agree at all with how far this has gone..

Some people don't consider paying a small amount of tax to have things like welfare to be wealth redistributation.. These people identify wealth redistributation as the pursposeful taking of money from those that have, to give to those that have not with the soul purpose of letting them spend it to move the economy. A 5% sales taxes to have welfare, medical care, food stamps Is not wealth redistrivutation per say.. Maybe that's a point I should have made more clearly.

another failure to your argument is most people that have money, aren’t hoarding it. Most invest it which in turn allows business to flourish, expand, create new technologies etc

Lol... you need to take a step back and re read what I wrote... Your talking to the wrong guy if you think I agree with it..... You think I agree with welath redistribution as its happeneing? I thought you read my posts about our government.. There's nothign in what I post that says I agree with whats happening.. I was simply explaining what wealth redistributation is and how it does work to stimulate the economy.. I disagree with it, but it does work.

Maybe you read my statement when I said there should be SOME wealth redistributation.. MAybe I worded it wrong, but SOME was capitlized for a reason.. By some, I mean a fraction of whats happening and only when its needed.. For example, student bursury's for college/ university for kids who can not afford to pay the tutirion, yet have the brains and motiviation to better themselves. Or welfare for those who truly need it..

You need to understand me and my wife fall into the category that's getting completely fucked in the last few years with wealth redistribution.. I disagree with it.. I agree with you in that if you want more money, go earn it.. I worked my ass off, I took out loans to get education, I worked hard to get where I am.. I do not deserve to have my rewards taken from me like they are right now.. I'm fine with losing a bit so that we can have things like welfare for those who need it etc.. But again, I do not agree at all with how far this has gone..

Some people don't consider paying a small amount of tax to have things like welfare to be wealth redistributation.. These people identify wealth redistributation as the pursposeful taking of money from those that have, to give to those that have not with the soul purpose of letting them spend it to move the economy. A 5% sales taxes to have welfare, medical care, food stamps Is not wealth redistrivutation per say.. Maybe that's a point I should have made more clearly.

It’s the concept that pisses me off, not that I think you are a commie.

Anyhow we already have wealth distribution at way more ridiculous level than it should be in my opinion. We pay out the ass, not only income tax bit property tax, tax on fuel, bullshit carbon tax, sales tax. We get to keep very little of our money.

Two more points I have
People need to be responsible for their income. Don’t like your lifestyle, get a second job, or upgrade at at school. Work harder get a raise, create a side hustle. There are some who are sick or disabled, I agree they need to be taken care of. Also it easy to look at yourself and say I’m getting fucked but we should tax the richer guy harder. Most millionaires are self made. That is a fact. More millionaires create their own fortune and aren’t born into it as many think. Did these people not earn their money? Maybe they took massive risks and got a massive reward. Maybe they employ many people. It’s always easy to say let’s steal from the other guy.

The other point I have is this.
Money/wealth is a mindset. I can almost guarantee if you split all the wealth in the world up one day, Most people that were wealthy before would be wealthy again within a few years, same with most poor people would just become poor again. This is purely how they conduct themselves on a day to day basis

another failure to your argument is most people that have money, aren’t hoarding it. Most invest it which in turn allows business to flourish, expand, create new technologies etc

What argument are you reffering to ???

FYI, economy is stimulated more when product is made and bought vs money invested into a company..

What argument are you reffering to ???

FYI, economy is stimulated more when product is made and bought vs money invested into a company..

Goes hand in hand man
If there is no investment companies can’t grow to provide that service or product.
Bobs 2 car mechanic garage is flat out and could take on way more work if he had 8 bays. But he can’t because no one will invest in his business. Bobs business stays stagnant.

Edit

It’s the concept that pisses me off, not that I think you are a commie.

Anyhow we already have wealth distribution at way more ridiculous level than it should be in my opinion. We pay out the ass, not only income tax bit property tax, tax on fuel, bullshit carbon tax, sales tax. We get to keep very little of our money.

Two more points I have
People need to be responsible for their income. Don’t like your lifestyle, get a second job, or upgrade at at school. Work harder get a raise, create a side hustle. There are some who are sick or disabled, I agree they need to be taken care of. Also it easy to look at yourself and say I’m getting fucked but we should tax the richer guy harder. Most millionaires are self made. That is a fact. More millionaires create their own fortune and aren’t born into it as many think. Did these people not earn their money? Maybe they took massive risks and got a massive reward. Maybe they employ many people. It’s always easy to say let’s steal from the other guy.

The other point I have is this.
Money/wealth is a mindset. I can almost guarantee if you split all the wealth in the world up one day, Most people that were wealthy before would be wealthy again within a few years, same with most poor people would just become poor again. This is purely how they conduct themselves on a day to day basis

Again, I agree the wealth redistribution we have is robbery... As soon as the carbon tax was annouced, I saw right through it.. Same with Trudeu's Netflix tax... not sure if that one went through or not though.

I agree with your points, but I'm not sure how they exactly relate to the discussion I thought we were in..

In my opinion, there does need to exist programs that require taxes to run.

Myself, I come from a family of 5 kids with both parents still married and living together. My mother was a hard working person who had to get a university education for her career that she worked in for 35 years.. My father was a dead beat.. We used food bank/unemployement etc all those programs.. Nothing me, my siblings or mother could do to change out situation, we just had nothing.... WIthout those programs we would have starved lol.... Those tax paid programs allowed me to live as a kid and than when I graduated high school I used some more programs to help get myself through university (with a 70,000 $ debt)... Now I have paid that debt off, have a great career and buy lots of stuff and have my own investments.. 2 of my siblings have also done the same and are in the same pisirtion I am in, greart careers and contributiing much more than the average person to the economy.. Another sibling didn't go to seconarday education, but they are doing great and own their own home and are working.. my last sibling has a terrible desease and has been on long term disability since they were 30 years old. They had a great career in the oil feild in AB and BC until the disease literally crippled them. And now, they get a disablity check that barely allows them to eat and live. They are happy to have a program in Canada to get long term disability..

My point is, sometimes there's nothing someone can do to better themselves without help. So I'm OK with paying enough taxes to make these programs happen, but agfain I agree it's too far gone and its no longer what it shoyuld be.

Goes hand in hand man
If there is no investment companies can’t grow to provide that service or product.
Bobs 2 car mechanic garage is flat out and could take on way more work if he had 8 bays. But he can’t because no one will invest in his business. Bobs business stays stagnant.

Actually I’m quite disappointed that that’s the best you could come up with considering the things I laid out

What did you lay out for me?

I'm honestly not sure what your pissy about.. I Think we agree on everything except maybe that investing stimulates economies as much as producing and selling..

What did you lay out for me?

I'm honestly not sure what your pissy about.. I Think we agree on everything except maybe that investing stimulates economies as much as producing and selling..

I deleted the end of that statement as I thought your first reply is all you had.

Have more important jobs

Oh ya btw there is already wealth distribution. Fuck me you go and make 250 and look at what you pay in taxes, you will want to puke I can assure you of that. Plus no tax credits or child allowance for those people making that kind of money either. I would have paid nearly 70k last year in income taxes if I didn’t max out my rrsp. How is that fair? I don’t use public services or roads etc more than a regular earner. How is it fair some guy makes 40k a year and pays almost nothing and he might have 2 kids and obese wife that tax the medical system. I don’t have kids yet I pay for the underperformer and his family. That’s real fair isn’t it!???

This is a free country and you can make whatever you want if you get off your fucking ass and work for it. Why should laziness be rewarded??!!!

Show me one person who works 80 hours a week, consistently. I also know plenty of people who work their asses off to make that 60k. Many work harder than many of the people I know who make nearly twice as much. Take nurses for example. That is a tough job, involves shift work, and constantly on the go. Whereas someone in administration can shuffle papers and sit at a desk for the same income. I'd rather be in the medical field, as I find administration a useless and empty career.
My response to anyone who complains about taxes after earning 200k/yr, move to another country. I know quite a few people in real-estate and finance, and they make over 200k, and they don't whine and bitch like some greedy fucks. They are appreciative for the opportunities life has afforded them, they respect the social contract that comes with being Canadian, and they also understand that their good fortune is not at the expense or neglect of others. Every cent anyone makes is a product of the economy as a whole. Want to pay little to no taxes? Move to the U.S.

On the other side, not everyone is able to make 100k. Some people don't have the aptitude/potential to rise to that level in life. Just b/c you can work hard doesn't mean you can make big money. And, society is a mix of people, don't like it? Move to another country, but, guess what? There will be mix of people. Don't give a shit about the guy who has to work 2 jobs to make ends meet? I'm sure he doesn't give a shit about your income tax issues, and nor should he.

Now, mismanagement of economic opportunities as a whole, by a province or the government, well, that's a completely different issue.

Last edited:
Show me one person who works 80 hours a week, consistently. I also know plenty of people who work their asses off to make that 60k. Many work harder than many of the people I know who make nearly twice as much. Take nurses for example. That is a tough job, involves shift work, and constantly on the go. Whereas someone in administration can shuffle papers and sit at a desk for the same income. I'd rather be in the medical field, as I find administration a useless and empty career.
My response to anyone who complains about taxes after earning 200k/yr, move to another country. I know quite a few people in real-estate and finance, and they make over 200k, and they don't whine and bitch like some greedy fucks. They are appreciative for the opportunities life has afforded them, they respect the social contract that comes with being Canadian, and they also understand that their good fortune is not at the expense or neglect of others. Every cent anyone makes is a product of the economy as a whole. Want to pay little to no taxes? Move to the U.S.

On the other side, not everyone is able to make 100k. Some people don't have the aptitude/potential to rise to that level in life. Just b/c you can work hard doesn't mean you can make big money. And, society is a mix of people, don't like it? Move to another country, but, guess what? There will be mix of people. Don't give a shit about the guy who has to work 2 jobs to make ends meet? I'm sure he doesn't give a shit about your income tax issues, and nor should he.

Now, mismanagement of economic opportunities as a whole, by a province or the government, well, that's a completely different issue.

Well if you are any good at math, most people in the oilfield will work 12 hour days.
Multiply that by 7. I will let you do the math. Tack onto that having to be at work over half an hour early so you can attend safety meetings. Again you can do the math. What about small business owners?? I know a few and their whole life is their business. I wonder how many hours @Sorbate works per week??! I bet it isn’t 40.

Trust me if I was allowed to move to the US I would have long ago. I would have made the same wage in US dollars, paid less tax and had a lower cost of living. It would have been a no brainer.

The rest of your drivel is more liberal crap that makes no sense. So because someone can not earn as much as another guy, that guy should give him his money. You are nothing more than a communist. I cannot stand your posts to be honest.

I don’t even know why you argue with me. Your bleeding heart shit will never change my mind.

By the way. I will be moving to another country. I have stated this many time’s. I own property in another country. As soon as Covid bullshit calms down I will be spending the majority of the time here.

Wanna hear the best part lefty?? I will be taking my money down there. But I will still use Canada!!
I will come back here contract a few months. Take my money out of this country. I’ll do everything I can to shelter every penny I can from tax. I’m tired of feeding the lazy. I cannot beat the stupid policies of this country so... I will exploit its weakness. More and more people with a head on their shoulder will be doing this. Canada is a sinking ship.

At the end of your post you did make some sense.
The mismanagement of money is the big problem. If it wasn’t mismanaged we could probably pay a reasonable tax rate and help more people.
We all know the only way liberals manage money though is to line their pockets and those around them.

Last edited:
Well if you are any good at math, most people in the oilfield will work 12 hour days.
Multiply that by 7. I will let you do the math. Tack onto that having to be at work over half an hour early so you can attend safety meetings. Again you can do the math. What about small business owners?? I know a few and their whole life is their business. I wonder how many hours @Sorbate works per week??! I bet it isn’t 40.

Trust me if I was allowed to move to the US I would have long ago. I would have made the same wage in US dollars, paid less tax and had a lower cost of living. It would have been a no brainer.

The rest of your drivel is more liberal crap that makes no sense. So because someone can not earn as much as another guy, that guy should give him his money. You are nothing more than a communist. I cannot stand your posts to be honest.

I don’t even know why you argue with me. Your bleeding heart shit will never change my mind.

By the way. I will be moving to another country. I have stated this many time’s. I own property in another country. As soon as Covid bullshit calms down I will be spending the majority of the time here.

Wanna hear the best part lefty?? I will be taking my money down there. But I will still use Canada!!
I will come back here contract a few months. Take my money out of this country. I’ll do everything I can to shelter every penny I can from tax. I’m tired of feeding the lazy. I cannot beat the stupid policies of this country so... I will exploit its weakness. More and more people with a head on their shoulder will be doing this. Canada is a sinking ship.

At the end of your post you did make some sense.
The mismanagement of money is the big problem. If it wasn’t mismanaged we could probably pay a reasonable tax rate and help more people.
We all know the only way liberals manage money though is to line their pockets and those around them.

I have a couple buddies who work in the oil patch. Yeah, they can put in long days, but it's not 7 days/wk, 30 days a month. It's 2-3 weeks on, and 1-2 weeks off. Two are roughnecks, one is a welder, and another works in industrial heating and pipe-fitting. And, I've never heard of daily 1 hour safety meetings, but perhaps that's how it is where you work, which I don't buy for one second. So, let's say you work your 12 hour days for 3 weeks straight, then off for one. If you had done the math before making the comment you'd know that averaged to 8.4hrs/day. Congrats, you work 24mins more/day on average. But, you make excellent money for that sacrifice, which I commend you, I honestly do. I was in Alberta in 1998, I had my tickets, 4 years of firefighting background, and was determined to make as much money in 10 years then move back to Ontario. It turned out to be the latest thaw and wettest spring in years and crews weren't being called in. I stuck it out until August, but there was nothing. It's too bad, I was young, able, and willing to work my ass of, then would have come back here and returned to a cushy firefighting job.

If someone wants to live to work, that's their prerogative. I live a balanced life, and I don't care if I make 80k/yr, let along 200. I can easily live off 40, but I want to accrue more savings, however, I am not waiting until I'm 65 to go fishing and camping. Life is hard enough without working yourself stupid. If your reasoning is that you want to enjoy retirement, great, but both my grandfathers were dead before 80, so again, I'm not wasting my time working in my free time. I do study to further myself, but I don't wake up thinking about money. I grew up lower income, I know what it is to be in need, and I've also had set backs. I still consider myself better off than many, and I am appreciative for it.

Your argument is flawed top to bottom, mainly b/c you attribute taxation to feeding someone else. Are you honestly that clueless? Very little of your taxes go towards tax benefits/welfare. The majority goes towards services, such as infrastructure, health care, schools, etc. A communist? Sure, like you even know what that really means. As for not liking my posts, I could care less about your opinion. I only commented b/c I can't stand whiny, factually incorrect posts.

Last edited:
I never said 1 hour safety meetings
Roughnecks don’t make 200k a year
And yes most jobs when you are away working are 7 days a week.
A common hitch for many people is 24 days on 4 off.

So anyhow let’s look at some math
7 days @ 12.5hrs = 87.5 hrs
Let’s say that person works 3 weeks
3 x 87.5 = 262.5hrs
Then let’s say they get a week off
Ok so that’s 262 hrs they worked for the month
Vs
The average Joe works 160 hrs a month
That is a 100 difference per

This is just your average run of the mill job in the oil patch. Supervisors and contractors often work months on end with no days off. I’ve done it for years
you don’t know shit about this industry it is quite apparent. You completely disregarded that I also mentioned many small business owners work these types of hour.

Since you don’t make much money because you want to enjoy your life as you go, it’s real easy to say high earners should pay more. Yes that is how it should go. You should be at home with your family enjoying your life. The men and women who are working their bags off should pay for your share of government services.

I am far from clueless. Call me whiner. You are the whiner. Typical libtard that wants to steal the other guys money.

I am done talking to you, I get bombarded with enough radical left bullshit on a daily basis. I’m watching this country be destroyed by people like you who are out of touch with reality.

You must be missing your whacko buddy @ Lepsyber