Thankful at 47

Bolton73

Trusted Member
I know i haven't been very noticeable since the change over to CB from the old NM, but for the past few years I've been battling some major health issues that involved 3 serious and grueling treatments (won't get into the details of the disease).The third treatment was finally successful, and I've slowly been getting my health back.

I turned 47 today, and even though i don't look nearly as good as a lot of 47+ ers, I very thankful for the health that i do have. I've started back in the gym recently, and am slowly getting back into shape.

I'm also thankful for this forum. During the stretch of time that I was out of commission, I've enjoyed reading and viewing what some of the other guys on here were getting up to.

Keep at it boys

thumbnail_IMG_0711.jpg!

I know i haven't been very noticeable since the change over to CB from the old NM, but for the past few years I've been battling some major health issues that involved 3 serious and grueling treatments (won't get into the details of the disease).The third treatment was finally successful, and I've slowly been getting my health back.

I turned 47 today, and even though i don't look nearly as good as a lot of 47+ ers, I very thankful for the health that i do have. I've started back in the gym recently, and am slowly getting back into shape.

I'm also thankful for this forum. During the stretch of time that I was out of commission, I've enjoyed reading and viewing what some of the other guys on here were getting up to.

Keep at it boys

View attachment 6490!
I want to know the gruelling details.
I’ve had a major health issue of my own, so I understand plus the huge scar in your abs has me curious.

Keep pushing it’s all we can do.

Ironically, I was thinking the other day about members who I haven’t seen on here lately and @Bolton73 was one them.
Good to see you back and getting healthy again sir.
Impressive thickness and density in the upper body!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I really do value and appreciate them.

@gondar1 , much respect for your offer, brother.

The funny thing is that as i was typing out my initial post, i thought to myself that if there was going to be one guy who was gonna press me for details, it'd have to be @Sorbate , heheheh.

I'm sorry sorb, I wish I could give some long dramatic story of how that scar relates to the health issues I've been going through, but unfortunately i got that scar back in the early 90s. It came from 32 big staples up my stomach. Wasn't fun.

Thank you all for the well wishes! I really do value and appreciate them.

@gondar1 , much respect for your offer, brother.

The funny thing is that as i was typing out my initial post, i thought to myself that if there was going to be one guy who was gonna press me for details, it'd have to be @Sorbate , heheheh.

I'm sorry sorb, I wish I could give some long dramatic story of how that scar relates to the health issues I've been going through, but unfortunately i got that scar back in the early 90s. It came from 32 big staples up my stomach. Wasn't fun.
Well if you want to pm me to talk, go ahead. If not, that’s cool as well.

Anyhow how did you get the stomach scar?

Well if you want to pm me to talk, go ahead. If not, that’s cool as well.

Anyhow how did you get the stomach scar?

Heheheh. Honestly, at the time i was living in Detroit and I ... well I guess that says it all: I was living in Detroit, lol.

I took three in the stomach and the scar is where they opened me up (from one hole to the next) and removed the rounds. So I was completely to blame for that one, based on the choices I was making at that time ... starting with the choice to live in Detroit :LOL::sneaky:

Heheheh. Honestly, at the time i was living in Detroit and I ... well I guess that says it all: I was living in Detroit, lol.

I took three in the stomach and the scar is where they opened me up (from one hole to the next) and removed the rounds. So I was completely to blame for that one, based on the choices I was making at that time ... starting with the choice to live in Detroit :LOL::sneaky:
Damn.