OntarioDude's Log

Hello Canadian Brawners;

I've been just continuing along on a similar training routine as outlined above. I've been adding weights +/or reps or intensity whenever possible. I'll go back and update for a few days...

Tuesday: Leg Day
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Hack Squats - up to 5 plates per side (10 total)
  • Leg Press - up to 8 plates per side (16 total)
  • Leg Press Calf Raises - up to 8 plates per side (16 total)
  • Seated Calf Raises - up to 6 plates
  • Leg Extensions - up to stack (240 lbs.)
  • Leg Curls - up to stack (160 lbs.)
Please Note: Although my knees are still sore after working legs, I believe that they are gradually getting better and becoming less sore and for shorter periods of time. I attribute this to wearing the knee sleeves as mentioned earlier. I actually wanted to add more weights this time but decided not to just yet to allow for them to recover more first.

Wednesday: Rest / Cardio Day
I completed 30 minutes of cardio (after leg day).

Thursday: Back
I completed 3-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Lat Pulldowns - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • Dumbbell Rows - up to 140 Lbs. per side
  • Seated Lat Pullover Machine - up to stack (230 Lbs.)
  • One Arm Iso-Lateral High Rows - up to 4 plates (8 total)
  • Standing Machine Shrugs - up to 5 plates (10 total)

Friday: Rest / Cardio Day
I completed 35 minutes of cardio.

Yesterday (Sat.): Shoulder & Upper Abs focus

I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Iso-lateral Shoulder Press - up to 4 plates (8 total)
  • Lateral Machine Shoulder Raises - up to stack (110 Lbs.)
  • Dumbbell Shoulder Raises (front) - up to 50 Lbs. dumbbells
  • Reverse Machine Flyes - up to stack (300 Lbs.)
  • Fitness Ball Crunches - 25 x 6 (Upper Abs focus)

Coming Soon (Today): Arms & Lower Abs Focus

Thank you,

OD

Hello fellow Brawners;

I've mostly been following my split which I outlined earlier for the last little bit and didn't add anything since I've been busy with work, family & training. Some movements are getting easier so I've been slowly adding some extra weight or just getting more creative with the drop sets.

Sunday:
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Hack Squats - up to 5 plates per side (10 total)
  • Seated Calf Raises - up to 6 plates (I was rushed for time so I did one huge, non-stop drop set)
  • Leg Extensions - stayed at 160 lbs. (to prevent irritating my knees as much this week)

Monday:
I had a rest /cardio day and completed 30 minutes of cardio.

Yesterday (Tues.): Chest
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some super sets and drop sets on the following exercises:
  • Flat Bench Press - stayed with sets at 375 Lbs.
  • Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Incline Bench - up to 3 plates per side (6 total)
  • Cable Cross-Overs - up to 65 Lbs. per side
  • Machine Peck Deck Flyes - up to stack (300 Lbs.)

Today (Wed.): Back
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Seated Cable Low Rows - up to stack (260 Lbs.) plus four extra weights added
  • Seated Lat Pullover Machine - up to stack (230 Lbs.) plus 25 lbs. extra plate added
  • One Arm Iso-Lateral High Rows - up to 4 plates plus a 25 lbs. plate per side (8 x 45 + 2 x 25 total)

Thank you & keep on pumpin' Brothers & Sisters,

OD

Hi;

Since I just added this to my DHB log, I thought I'd include it in my personal log as well...

I originally wasn't going to add this since I would like to see where it ends up but here's a quick and simple shot of my one leg. This is not flexing or pumped at all and I don't have the best mirror to capture legs at home so I had to get creative by holding it up. The pic doesn't really capture it the same as in real life which is better IMO. I'll try to include the outer and front sides on the next round of pics as they've improved a lot as well and are extra vascular and grainy now.

Thank you,

OD

1.png

Hello Canadian Brawners;

Thursday:

Yesterday (Fri.): Shoulder & Upper Abs focus

• Reverse Machine Flyes - stayed at 250 Lbs. (for a better feel)
  • Fitness Ball Crunches - 30 x 6 (Upper Abs focus)

Please Note: I may decide to do cardio instead to give my forearms some rest if they are still bothering me later.

Thank you,

OD

Hi;

Since I just added this to my DHB log, I thought I'd include it in my personal log as well...

I originally wasn't going to add this since I would like to see where it ends up but here's a quick and simple shot of my one leg. This is not flexing or pumped at all and I don't have the best mirror to capture legs at home so I had to get creative by holding it up. The pic doesn't really capture it the same as in real life which is better IMO. I'll try to include the outer and front sides on the next round of pics as they've improved a lot as well and are extra vascular and grainy now.

Thank you,

OD

View attachment 2558
Wheels looking sick buddy!

Hey there Canadian Brawners;

Here's what I've been up to lately... :)

Sunday: Arms & Lower Abs Focus
I completed supersets and drop sets last night with 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) on the following:
  • French Press - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 45 lb. plate
  • EZ Bar Curls - up to 145 Lbs. (didn't go up to 165 Lbs. this time due to sore forearms)
  • Tricep Pushdowns - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 2 x 45 lb. plates attached
  • Alternating Dumbell Curls - up to 50 Lbs. (didn't go up to 70 Lbs. due to sore forearms)
  • Dips - Bodyweight until failure (approx. 25 x 2)
  • Hammer Curls - stayed at 40 Lbs. (to prevent irritating forearms more after heavy curling)
  • Incline Leg Raises 25 x 4

Monday: Rest / Cardio Day
I completed 30 minutes of cardio (before leg day).

Tuesday: Leg Day
  • Hack Squats - up to 6 plates per side (12 total) - first time bumping it up by an extra plate per side (would like to try more)
  • Leg Extensions - up to stack (150 lbs.) - kept it here (rather than 240 Lbs. stack) to help prevent knee issues from coming back
I tried taking one Advil and putting the knee sleeves on to help warm them up approx. 1/2 hr. before my leg workout and it seemed to help. My knees felt a little better so I added an extra plate to my hack squats (for 6 per side or 12 total) since I've wanted to try that for a while now and I completed 12 reps without any trouble.

My legs still felt good and like I could add more plates but I don't want to kill my knees. I figure that I should be able to get results with the current weight and still let my knees heal up. This is now two days later and my legs aren't really sore - mostly just my knees. I think they would have been much worse if I hadn't been using the knee sleeves or did heavier Leg Extensions though.

Wednesday: Rest / Cardio Day

Coming Soon (Today): Chest Day

Thank you & keep on pumpin' Brawners,

OD

Hello Brawners;

Yesterday (Thurs.): Chest

I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 5-15 reps (or more until failure) with some super sets and drop sets (sometimes until failure) on the following exercises:
  • Flat Bench Press - stayed with sets at up to 375 Lbs.
  • Cable Cross-Overs - up to 65 Lbs. per side (each side done separately)

Coming Soon (Today): Back Day

Thank you,

OD

Hello there Canadian Brawners;

Friday: Back Day
  • Seated Cable Low Rows - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • Seated Lat Pullover Machine - up to stack (230 Lbs.) plus 25 lbs. extra plate added
  • One Arm Iso-Lateral High Rows - up to 4 plates per side

Saturday:

Today (Sunday): Shoulder & Upper Abs focus
  • Reverse Machine Flyes - up to 300 Lbs. but mostly at 250 Lbs. (for a better feel)

Coming Soon (Tomorrow): Arms & Lower Abs Focus

Thank you,

OD

Hi;

Thank you,

OD

View attachment 2558
Dannngggg!!!!!

Hello fellow Brawners;

Here's what I've been up to over this past week...

Wednesday: Back Day

Thursday: Rest / Cardio Day

Friday: Shoulder & Upper Abs focus
  • Reverse Machine Flyes - up to 300 Lbs. but mostly at 250 Lbs. (for a better feel)

Saturday: Arms & Lower Abs Focus
I completed supersets and drop sets last night with 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) on the following:
  • EZ Bar Curls - up to 165 Lbs. (x 6)
  • Alternating Dumbell Curls - up to 60 Lbs.
  • Hammer Curls - stayed at 40 Lbs. (to prevent irritating forearms more after heavy curling)

Sunday: Rest / Cardio Day

Monday: Leg Day
  • Hack Squats - up to 6 plates per side (12 total)
  • Leg Extensions - up to stack (150 lbs.) - kept it here to help prevent knee issues from coming back

Tuesday: Rest / Cardio Day

Yesterday (Wednesday): Chest Day

I went for massage therapy.

I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 5-15 reps (or more until failure) with some super sets and drop sets (sometimes until failure) on the following exercises:
  • Flat Bench Press - stayed with sets at up to 375 Lbs.
  • Cable Cross-Overs - up to 65 Lbs. per side (each side done separately)

Coming Soon (Today): Back Day

Thank you,

OD

Hello Brawners Brothers & Sisters;

Today: Back Day

I think I'm getting to the point where I may look at adding or changing some exercises around for each of the body parts.

Thank you & keep on pump'n,

OD

Hello Brawner Brothers & Sisters;

Saturday: Rest / Cardio Day
I completed 30 minutes of cardio.

Sunday: Shoulder & Upper Abs focus
I'll attach a quick pic from yesterday (sorry for the quality - I'll post some better ones when I can)...

1.png

Thank you & keep pumpin!

OD

Hello Brothers & Sisters;

Monday: Arms & Lower Abs Focus
  • EZ Bar Curls - stayed at 120 (x12) due to sore bicep
  • Concentrations Curls - stayed at only 30 Lbs. with high reps & more mind/muscle connection due to sore arms

Today (Tuesday): Rest / Cardio Day
I completed 30 minutes of cardio.

Coming Soon (Tomorrow): Leg Day

Thanks & keep on pumpin! :)

OD

Hello Brothers & Sisters;

Wednesday: Leg Day
  • Hack Squats - up to 6 plates per side (12 total)
  • Leg Extensions - up to stack (150 lbs.) - kept it there to help prevent knee issues from returning

Today: Rest / Cardio Day
I decided to have a complete rest day after killing my legs yesterday and therefore didn't do cardio and just focused on my diet.

Coming Soon (Tomorrow): Chest Day

Thanks & keep pumpin !

OD