OntarioDude's Log

OntarioDude

Trusted Member
Hi;

I thought I'd start up my own log. I plan to keep it fairly casual for now unless I ramp things up and decide further details are needed.

Currently:
46 years old, 6'1", 225 Lbs., ~ <12 % BF

I just worked Back yesterday and today is supposed to be cardio only.

This is my current condition although I didn't really flex or pose for the shot since I was in a hurry at the gym and don't want to be seen taking selfies there when others are around. :) One pic's a little blurry as I don't have the latest and greatest iPhone unfortunately. I'll try to get a shot of my back and legs at some point - probably from home though.

I pay close attention to my diet and macros daily, adjust it accordingly and try to eat clean although I sometimes have a little too much salt which I'm currently working on.

I'm currently running a test experiment with Genetec's new DHB product.
https://canadianbrawn.com/threads/genetec-dhb-review-ontariodude.2620/#post-39909

This is just a start and I will update this log and add more info. (diet, exercises, weights, AAS, etc.) a.s.a.p..

Thank you,

OD

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 82
Good stuff brother, ur looking good ...I will be following along....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thank you @eazy57 , @Clay11 , @German89 & everyone else for checking this out. :)

My current split with some details is outlined further in an earlier post here:
https://canadianbrawn.com/threads/whats-your-current-training-routine.2556/#post-38430

Legs
Rest (maybe some light cardio if my legs aren't too fried but I'd usually rather feed them & recover)
Chest
Back (as a bonus my forearms get the best workout just from doing back)
Rest (cardio)
Shoulders / Upper Abs
Bi's / Tri's / Lower Abs
Rest (cardio)

I'll be working Shoulders & Abs later today...

Thank you,

OD

As mentioned partially on my Genetec DHB log:

I worked my shoulders yesterday and thought I had noticed a slight increase in strength. I was able to press 4 plates per side on the iso-lateral shoulder press without a lift to start or a spot to finish my reps (6) even up to and including my very last set. I also blasted out my shoulder raises (side & front) with 50 lb. dumbbells nice and controlled form with no problems and I normally experience some shoulders issues when I'm finished but all went well with no extra pain.

In addition to the iso-lateral shoulder press, the dumbbell front and side laterals, I also completed reverse machine flies for rhomboids.

For Abs, I completed 3 x 50 on the incline ab bench with good form and they felt good. I decided to save my lower ab incline leg raises (~ 4 x 25) for today to go with arms.

Today's workout will be Bi's / Tri's with some left-over Abs .

Thank you,

OD

Hi;

I worked Bi's / Tri's with some left-over Abs (from the previous day).

I completed supersets with 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) on the following:
  • French Press - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 35 lb. plate
  • EZ Bar Curls - up to 165 Lbs.
  • Tricep Pushdowns - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 45 lb. plate
  • Alternating Dumbell Curls - up to 70 Lbs.
  • Dips - Bodyweight until failure
  • Hammer Curls - 40 Lbs.
  • Incline Leg Raises x 25
Tomorrow is rest / cardio day.

Thank you,

OD

Hi;

I had a rest day yesterday and completed 35 minutes of cardio.

Today is Leg Day! Will report back once complete... :)

Thank you,

OD

Hi;

Today was Leg Day and I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets on the following exercises:
  • Hack Squats - up to 5 plates per side (10 total)
  • Leg Press - up to 8 plates per side (16 total)
  • Leg Press Calf Raises - up to 7 plates per side (14 total)
  • Seated Calf Raises - up to 6 plates
  • Leg Extensions - up to stack (240 lbs.)
  • Leg Curls - up to stack (160 lbs.)
My knees will now be shot until next week's Leg Day again but that's okay. :D

Tomorrow is rest / light cardio day.

Thank you,

OD

Hello Canadian Brawners;

As mentioned previously, yesterday was rest / light cardio day. I took it easier than normal since it was the day after Leg Day and completed 30 mins. of cardio.

Today was Chest Day and I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets on the following exercises:
  • Flat Bench Press - up to 4 plates per side (8 total)
  • Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Incline Bench - up to 3 plates per side (6 total)
  • Cable Cross-Overs - up to 65 Lbs. per side
  • Machine Peck Deck Flyes - up to stack (300 Lbs.)
  • Flat Bench lighter weight sets until failure - 1 plate per side (2 total)
Tomorrow is Back Day.

Thank you,

OD

Hey there Canadian Brawners;

I had to switch my Back Day and Cardio Day due to to family plans. Yesterday, I completed 35 mins. of cardio.

Today was Back Day and I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets on the following exercises:
  • Lat Pulldowns - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • One Arm Dumbbell Rows - up to 140 Lbs.
  • Seated Lat Pullover Machine - up to stack (230 Lbs.)
  • One Arm Iso-Lateral High Rows - up to 4 plates (8 total)
  • Standing Machine Shrugs - up to 5 plates (10 total)
Tomorrow is Shoulders / Abs day.

Thank you,

OD

Hello Brawners;

Today was Shoulder & Abs Day and I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Iso-lateral Shoulder Press - up to 4 plates (8 total)
  • Lateral Machine Shoulder Raises - up to stack (110 Lbs.)
  • Dumbbell Shoulder Raises (front) - up to 50 Lbs. dumbbells
  • Reverse Machine Flyes - up to 225 Lbs.
  • Fitness Ball Crunches - 50 x 3 (to complete Lower Abs exercises tomorrow with Bi's & Tri's)
Tomorrow is Bi's & Tri's Day with Lower Abs focus.

Thank you,

OD

Thanks a bunch @The Old Guy

I will get some knee sleeves hopefully before next leg day and will be sure to use them regularly if they give me any relief - which I'm sure they will until I get cocky with them and decide to go way too heavy. :D

In addition, I may also try the rubber band method that was recommended on German89's Log as well.

I never want to wear the one $150 prescribed knee brace that I currently have as it's too nice and not really practical - plus I only have one right now even though I have two knees. :) It is good for after I beat the crap out my knees but not really for the workout itself - plus I don't want it to get all funky.

Thanks again,

OD

Hi;

I had to switch rest / cardio day with Bi's & Tri's & Lower Abs Day but it gave my shoulders some extra rest so it worked out.

The only downside is that I now have to complete Leg day without my usual rest / cardio day beforehand but that's okay.

Tuesday:
I had a rest /cardio day and completed 35 minutes of cardio.

Wednesday:
I worked Bi's / Tri's with some left-over lower Abs (from the previous day). I now prefer doing lower abs separately and will continue this as part of my regular split.

I completed supersets and drop sets with 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) on the following:
  • French Press - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 45 lb. plate
  • EZ Bar Curls - up to 165 Lbs. x 6
  • Tricep Pushdowns - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 45 lb. plate
  • Alternating Dumbell Curls - up to 75 Lbs.
  • Dips - Bodyweight until failure
  • Hammer Curls - stayed lower weight / high reps with 35 Lbs.
  • Incline Leg Raises 3 x 25

Today is Leg Day.

Thank you,

OD

Hammer curls low weight/high reps is one of my favourite arm exercises. I also like hammer preacher curls, they feel great. A combination that I've been doing recently is starting with reverse barbell curls then followed by hammer curls with 3 sec negative. FIRE đź’Ą