OntarioDude's Log

Smart move to take a day off and focus on nutrition (recovery)!

Thanks a bunch @G-Force. As you know, it's hard to take the time off and do nothing as I always want to do at least cardio.

It was good to have a day off completely though and catch up on some needed rest and feed those legs so they'll heal sooner and improve. I went back today and found I was so looking forward to killing my chest - it was a blast!

OD

Hello C.B. Brothers & Sisters;

Yesterday (Fri.): Chest
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some super sets, cluster sets and drop sets on the following exercises:
  • Flat Bench Press - stayed with sets at up to 375 Lbs.
  • Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Incline Bench - up to 3 plates per side (6 total)
  • Cable Cross-Overs - up to 65 Lbs. per side
  • Machine Peck Deck Flyes - up to stack (300 Lbs.)

Coming Soon (Today): Back Day

For those following, I also plan to update my Genetec DHB Log very soon now since I've pinned the last shot from the two additional vials I purchased.

https://canadianbrawn.com/threads/genetec-dhb-review-ontariodude.2620/

Thank you & keep pumpin !

OD

Hi C.B. Brothers & Sisters;

Today (Saturday): Back Day
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop set, cluster sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Lat Pulldowns - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • Seated Cable Low Rows - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • Seated Lat Pullover Machine - up to stack (230 Lbs.) plus 25 lbs. extra plate added
  • One Arm Iso-Lateral High Rows - up to 4 plates per side
  • Standing Machine Shrugs - up to 5 plates (10 total)
I wanted to switch up my back exercises today but was running out of time and had to do everything in less than an hour so perhaps next week instead.

Coming Soon (Tomorrow): Rest / Cardio Day
Depending how I feel tomorrow, I may switch my scheduled "Rest / Cardio" day with the following day's "Shoulder & Upper Abs" and enjoy the Rest / Cardio day on Monday instead.

Thanks & keep pumpin !

OD

Hello Brothers & Sisters;

Tuesday: Rest / Cardio Day
I completed 30 minutes of cardio.

Wednesday: Shoulder & Upper Abs focus
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Iso-lateral Shoulder Press - up to 4 plates (8 total)
  • Lateral Machine Shoulder Raises - up to stack (110 Lbs.)
  • Dumbbell Shoulder Raises (front) - up to 50 Lbs. dumbbells
  • Reverse Machine Flyes - stayed at 250 Lbs. for a better feel
  • Fitness Ball Crunches - 30 x 6 (Upper Abs focus)

Thursday: Arms & Lower Abs Focus
I completed supersets and drop sets last night with 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) on the following:
  • French Press - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 45 lb. plate
  • EZ Bar Curls - stayed at 120 with high reps due to sore bicep
  • Tricep Pushdowns - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 2 x 45 lb. plates attached
  • Concentrations Curls - stayed at only 30 Lbs. with high reps & more mind/muscle connection due to sore arms
  • Dips - Bodyweight until failure (approx. 25 x 2)
  • Incline Leg Raises 25 x 4

Today (Friday): Rest / Cardio Day

Coming Soon (Tomorrow): Leg Day

I'll attach some quick pics from yesterday. Sorry they are not the best quality. The lighting could also be better. Come to think of it, it might also help if I wasn't 30 feet from the mirror each time and then had to zoom in to capture the pics.

I will eventually get some more back, abs and legs shots in there and probably should try hitting an actual pose or two for a change but I was in a hurry so nobody would catch me taking selfies... :giggle:

Thank you & keep pumpin!

OD

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    565.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.png
    2.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.png
    3.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 4.png
    4.png
    135 KB · Views: 24
  • 5.png
    5.png
    276.2 KB · Views: 25
Please slow down, your going to get too big too fast. Then you will need to shop for more clothes

Thanks @Funnyman. It's a good thing I'm cheap and don't need much fancy stuff. I already have a bunch of my $5 4XL t-shirts so I should be good for a little while. :)

I haven't really been eating nearly enough since I've mostly focused on cutting or recomping for the longest time due starting off as a bit of a fat ass (over 20% BF) without serious or consistent training, dieting or any AAS for ~20+ years. :)

For those interested, here's my initial change from around 1 3/4 years ago and then the second pic was around 6 months later - the second pic was taken around one year ago...

I'm really looking forward to a nice, clean bulk so I'll also need new pants if I'm lucky... LOL

Cheers,

OD

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    321 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.png
    2.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Great log OD, very impressive! As someone who's also 6'1, also in my 40's and getting ready to jump back on AS after 13 years off reading through your log has been a great motivator...cheers

trj

Today (Sat.): Leg Day
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets, cluster sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Hack Squats - up to 6 plates per side (12 total)
  • Atlantis Power Squat - up to 6 plates per side (12 total) - alternating facing forward & backward
  • Leg Press - up to 8 plates per side (16 total)
  • Leg Press Calf Raises - up to 8 plates per side (16 total)
  • Seated Calf Raises - up to 6 plates
  • Leg Extensions - kept it at 140 lbs. with high reps and drop sets to prevent knee issues from retuning
  • Leg Curls - up to stack (160 lbs.)

Tomorrow (Sun.): Rest / Cardio Day
I may complete some light cardio or just rest, recover & try to grow a little from today's Leg Day.

Thank you & keep pump'n

OD

Tuesday: Chest Day
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some super sets, cluster sets and drop sets on the following exercises:
  • Flat Bench Press - stayed with sets at up to 375 Lbs.
  • Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Incline Bench - up to 3 plates per side (6 total)
  • Cable Cross-Overs - up to 65 Lbs. per side (completed individually)
  • Machine Peck Deck Flyes - up to stack (300 Lbs.)

Wednesday: Back Day
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop set, cluster sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Lat Pulldowns - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • Seated Cable Low Rows - up to stack (260 Lbs.)
  • Seated Lat Pullover Machine - up to stack (230 Lbs.) plus 25 lbs. extra plate added
  • One Arm Iso-Lateral High Rows - up to 4 plates per side
  • Standing Machine Shrugs - up to 5 plates per side(10 total)

Thursday: Rest / Cardio Day

Friday: Shoulder & Upper Abs focus
I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 4-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Iso-lateral Shoulder Press - up to 4 plates (8 total)
  • Lateral Machine Shoulder Raises - up to stack (110 Lbs.)
  • Dumbbell Shoulder Raises (front) - up to 50 Lbs. dumbbells
  • Reverse Machine Flyes - stayed at 250 Lbs. for a better feel
  • Fitness Ball Crunches - 30 x 6 (Upper Abs focus)

Saturday: Rest / Cardio Day
Life was busy - I rested and didn't do cardio.

Sunday (yesterday): Arms & Lower Abs Focus
I completed supersets and drop sets last night with 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) on the following:
  • French Press - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 45 lb. plate attached
  • EZ Bar Curls - stayed at 120 with high reps (due to sore bicep and forearm still)
  • Tricep Pushdowns - up to stack 210 Lbs. + 1 x 45 lb. plate attached
  • Concentrations Curls - stayed at only 30 Lbs. with high reps & more mind/muscle connection (due to sore bicep & forearm)
  • Dips - Bodyweight until failure (approx. 25 x 2)
  • Incline Leg Raises 25 x 4

Coming Soon - Today (Monday): Leg Day (should have been a Rest / Cardio Day but I had to switch and take that on Saturday)
Will report back after the mission is complete - no lives (or plates) will be spared. :)

Thank you,

OD

Hi;

Yesterday (Mon.): Leg Day

I took some Advil before starting, threw on my knee sleeves and went to work. I completed 4-6 sets per exercise and 6-15 reps (or more until failure) with some drop sets, cluster sets and super sets on the following exercises:
  • Hack Squats - up to 6 plates per side (12 plates total)
  • Leg Press - up to 8 plates per side (16 plates total)
  • Leg Press Calf Raises - up to 8 plates per side (16 plates total)
  • Seated Calf Raises - up to 6 plates
  • Leg Extensions - kept it at 140 lbs. with high reps and drop sets to prevent knee issues from retuning
  • Leg Curls - up to stack (160 lbs.)
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to throw in the Atlantis Power Squats that I did last week since someone was using them (Mondays are always so much busier at the gym) and I was limited for time. Just worked harder on everything else instead. I do like the Atlantis Power Squats though (alternating facing either way) as they cause the least amount of pain on my knees which allows me to go deeper and focus more on the leg muscles instead.

Today (Tues.): Rest / Cardio Day
I plan to complete some light cardio today (after Leg Day)

Coming Soon - Tomorrow (Wed.): Chest Day

Thank you,

OD