Muscle Memory Myth

My buddy is going back with me , hes jumping on a cycle while I wait it out , to me no sense taking anything if ur gonna grow back to your original size after a few months , then maybe Jump back on for the new year ..

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Absolutely best to wait until you plateau naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy is going back with me , hes jumping on a cycle while I wait it out , to me no sense taking anything if ur gonna grow back to your original size after a few months , then maybe Jump back on for the new year ..

This! Exactly the way to do this....eat right and push hard you will have a few months of great gains and should be able to attain a build close to what you have had in the past....then if its ur desire, go back on to move forward.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

My thought on this is you still have the new muscle fibres, they just shrink. You regrow faster because you know what to do now to get yo your old point, unlike the first time you trained and had no clue what you were doing.
I believe it slows because once you hit your previous size, you are now agsin in uncharted territory and may need to change something to see continued growth. Likely you had stalled before you quit as well, well,because if you hadnā€™t, there is no way youā€™d quit, lol.

This! Exactly the way to do this....eat right and push hard you will have a few months of great gains and should be able to attain a build close to what you have had in the past....then if its ur desire, go back on to move forward.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
This is what I was telling him , but some people just get over anxious ..

My thought on this is you still have the new muscle fibres, they just shrink. You regrow faster because you know what to do now to get yo your old point, unlike the first time you trained and had no clue what you were doing.
I believe it slows because once you hit your previous size, you are now agsin in uncharted territory and may need to change something to see continued growth. Likely you had stalled before you quit as well, well,because if you hadnā€™t, there is no way youā€™d quit, lol.
That's what happen I was at a stand still then with my accident , 1 day turned to 2 , then 3 days ect ect , now it's a year later, I learned the hard way ..

That's what happen I was at a stand still then with my accident , 1 day turned to 2 , then 3 days ect ect , now it's a year later, I learned the hard way ..

Hey Iā€™m there right now. My guts went south really bad about 4 weeks ago. I couldnā€™t eat and was blowing off weight because I burn a lot of calories at work, anyhow as soon as it starts to get better I get a damn cold. Last one to get it, fuck, so itā€™s turned into 8 weeks now. Iā€™m praying for muscle memory, lol.

Hey Iā€™m there right now. My guts went south really bad about 4 weeks ago. I couldnā€™t eat and was blowing off weight because I burn a lot of calories at work, anyhow as soon as it starts to get better I get a damn cold. Last one to get it, fuck, so itā€™s turned into 8 weeks now. Iā€™m praying for muscle memory, lol.
Sorry to hear my friend , hopefully u get back to it .. It's a real thing I just wasnt sure when or how long it usually takes to notice some gains again

Right away. Right after you start training and eating properly. I bet it depends on how motivated you are.
How much you lose. A lot might take 6-8 months with gear less.

This is the way life works.

I was doing really well late in the summer, only running TRT diet was good then tweaked my back on warm up sets of squats.

Now just tying to get back into the gym regularly and slowly reeling in my eating.

Right away. Right after you start training and eating properly. I bet it depends on how motivated you are.
How much you lose. A lot might take 6-8 months with gear less.
My big question is , if u maintained a certain size on gear then stop using , when u start back up , will u get to that size again without gear ? Does muscle memory exist even if it was gear gains

My big question is , if u maintained a certain size on gear then stop using , when u start back up , will u get to that size again without gear ? Does muscle memory exist even if it was gear gains

I find this is an interesting topic and have always wondered about it.

I ran some AAS in the 90's (Sust., EQ, small amount of Dbol - no A.I. back then) and then didn't touch anything until this past year for a cut / recomp. since my body fat was getting too high and I believed my Test. was running low.

Before I started AAS, after a few months of consistent training, I made it to 250 (still higher BF) and matched or passed all of my previous numbers on all of my lifts. The muscles may have not been quite as full but it seemed that muscle memory was real to me.

OD

I would say you can get close. IMHO when we run a cycle the idea is really to increase our ā€œsetā€ point. So provided the new set point was really solidified your golden.

I would say you can get close. IMHO when we run a cycle the idea is really to increase our ā€œsetā€ point. So provided the new set point was really solidified your golden.
Tbh I was one of those guys 7 years ago that wanted to get big and strong quick , I met (the guy) and gave me test , so even when I first started I was on something , does this mean all the muscles I gained doesnt matter cause it wasnt true muscle? Or to get that all back I would have to cycle again ? Really not sure how it works with muscle memory being mainly built with test

I find this is an interesting topic and have always wondered about it.

I ran some AAS in the 90's (Sust., EQ, small amount of Dbol - no A.I. back then) and then didn't touch anything until this past year for a cut / recomp. since my body fat was getting too high and I believed my Test. was running low.

Before I started AAS, after a few months of consistent training, I made it to 250 (still higher BF) and matched or passed all of my previous numbers on all of my lifts. The muscles may have not been quite as full but it seemed that muscle memory was real to me.

OD
Same here , not 100% on how it works if most of your gains were due to supplements, if u can gain that back naturally or would have to cycle again

Does the nuclei that was added cause of AAS stay? Or does that disappear..

I read a study that people who take steroids only a few times cause lifetime changes to their body even when they stop.

I would assume muscle memory isnt a myth I dont need to take much anymore to get a desired look

I read a study that people who take steroids only a few times cause lifetime changes to their body even when they stop.

I would assume muscle memory isnt a myth I dont need to take much anymore to get a desired look

yes I read a study that said that too. The muscles changed permanently at the cellular level or something along those lines.

this is kinda why I kind of chuckle when guys who have ran cycles go "natty" for a while. Especially if they are kind of bragging about it (well maybe bragging isnt the right word) Based on that study you really are never natty again once you have ran a cycle or two.