Long term crypto holds

All these fucking retards are calling for 100k BTC by end of the year. Expecting a parabolic move like 2017….who cares history does not have to repeat itself.
You can more easily predict BTC charts than stock charts and it's been shown over and over and over again that the trends in the BTC charts repeat itself almost like clock work. That said... most of these people calling for 100k BTC are YouTubers and Podcasters looking for clicks not people that are truly capable of doing a proper analysis.

For sure it is, it's now common knowledge that the value of blockchain goes well beyond crypto and there is an ungodly amount of money sitting in the sidelines with bitcoin, and the projects that flow into the market.. nation states are grabbing it up, banks are going to be offering to clients all over the world, and the cheaper they can do it the better. Honestly no one can say that recent crash of BTC was an organic one, but there were lots of factors behind it including manipulation and over leveraging
There's an old saying in large cap stocks that it takes a move of at least 10% of the market cap to move the price even slightly. BTC with a trillion dollar market cap would mean we're talking 100's of billions at play here. And since all transactions are viewable on the blockchain, if somebody suddenly liquidated 100 billion worth of BTC (FYI nobody has anywhere near that much), people would certainly take notice!! 100% there is all kinds of market manipulation happening in the crypto space. But when was the last time you heard of a pump and dump scheme being pulled on anything in the top 10? I believe the whales are too busy manipulating the smaller coins to bother trying to move the price of BTC.

I believe this may be an old article. The US printed an insane amount of money last year during covid. The number I kept hearing was 25%. I said back then they're headed for inflation and possibly even hyperinflation. I'm surprised their dollar has held value as much as it has throughout 2021, although our money printer was pumping throughout covid too so we probably devalued just as much that they stayed on par with each other.

You can more easily predict BTC charts than stock charts and it's been shown over and over and over again that the trends in the BTC charts repeat itself almost like clock work. That said... most of these people calling for 100k BTC are YouTubers and Podcasters looking for clicks not people that are truly capable of doing a proper analysis.

There's an old saying in large cap stocks that it takes a move of at least 10% of the market cap to move the price even slightly. BTC with a trillion dollar market cap would mean we're talking 100's of billions at play here. And since all transactions are viewable on the blockchain, if somebody suddenly liquidated 100 billion worth of BTC (FYI nobody has anywhere near that much), people would certainly take notice!! 100% there is all kinds of market manipulation happening in the crypto space. But when was the last time you heard of a pump and dump scheme being pulled on anything in the top 10? I believe the whales are too busy manipulating the smaller coins to bother trying to move the price of BTC.

I believe this may be an old article. The US printed an insane amount of money last year during covid. The number I kept hearing was 25%. I said back then they're headed for inflation and possibly even hyperinflation. I'm surprised their dollar has held value as much as it has throughout 2021, although our money printer was pumping throughout covid too so we probably devalued just as much that they stayed on par with each other.
All great comments sir.

I think we are headed for a bigger overal market correction.
But I’m not selling much of anything.
Instead I have slowed my purchases of stocks and crypto. Sold small portions of alts I’m up insane amounts on and moved to USDC.
I want to have some extra Monopoly money on hand incase we see a correction. If we don’t I never sold much so no harm.

What I have continued with though is my bi monthly purchase of physical metal. If there is a correction I’m sure gold and silver will go down. I just don’t though will this slide into a depression. If that’s the case I’d rather “overpay” for metals today and have them just incase.

Yeah it's old, but the damage aren't all seen yet i'm sure.
And why the dollar kept most of it's value may be caused by the fact that most important country also printed a fucking shitload of cash and they all have devaluated at the same time, is it possible?

Lol
Well you need an on ramp
So
You can use a shitty trading platform like Ndax
Or you can buy off of one of the many apps
And trade bitcoin for other coins

you can find bitcoin privately
This is what I do

gotcha.. sounds like I have to read more lol...

Shoot me an e-mail if you need a very basic step by step walkthrough (with pictures) on buying Bitcoin/Eth. The exchange I made it on doesn't support any others but it'll give you the basics of buying at least.

Aweomse thank you.. I need to read and learn more before take that step..

Questions...

1) So does anyone know or have speculation as to who invented bitcoin?

2) I don't understand how crypto has value.. Well I kind of do in terms of anything that people want has value.. But as a currency, I don't really understand how its valuable.. I understand gold, I understand bills/coins etc.. But how does crypto represent something that has value?

Aweomse thank you.. I need to read and learn more before take that step..

Questions...

1) So does anyone know or have speculation as to who invented bitcoin?

2) I don't understand how crypto has value.. Well I kind of do in terms of anything that people want has value.. But as a currency, I don't really understand how its valuable.. I understand gold, I understand bills/coins etc.. But how does crypto represent something that has value?
Watch some Micheal Saylor videos on YouTube

Without going too deep into it... Bitcoin in itself is a currency. It trades openly and freely and can be exchanged for goods, although not to the extent of certain fiat currencies like CAD or USD. It's value is primarily based on supply/demand. And unlike most currencies, there's only a finite amount of coins that can be mined, so the supply is always diminishing while the demand continues to grow which raises it's value. It's often considered a hedge against inflation because of the limited supply. Look at how the US printed 35% of the money in circulation in 2020 alone. That significantly decreases the value of each dollar. In BTC this cannot happen. It's simply my personal opinion, but with major governments all working towards their own digital currencies, I feel we'll see BTC as the new "Gold Standard" in which the value of all other digital currencies are measured on.

Without going too deep into it... Bitcoin in itself is a currency. It trades openly and freely and can be exchanged for goods, although not to the extent of certain fiat currencies like CAD or USD. It's value is primarily based on supply/demand. And unlike most currencies, there's only a finite amount of coins that can be mined, so the supply is always diminishing while the demand continues to grow which raises it's value. It's often considered a hedge against inflation because of the limited supply. Look at how the US printed 35% of the money in circulation in 2020 alone. That significantly decreases the value of each dollar. In BTC this cannot happen. It's simply my personal opinion, but with major governments all working towards their own digital currencies, I feel we'll see BTC as the new "Gold Standard" in which the value of all other digital currencies are measured on.

by BTC do you mean bitcoin? or is BTC a term for general crypto currency?

by BTC do you mean bitcoin? or is BTC a term for general crypto currency?
BTC = Bitcoin

Have a look at Binance if you don't need to be invisible.

Then Peers 2 Peers to hard wallet like ledger for some hidden treasury that you can hold in your hand now only on an exchange.

2) I don't understand how crypto has value.. Well I kind of do in terms of anything that people want has value..
I hear this question a lot. Think of it this way, you got a $100 bill in your wallet. Why does that have value? It's a piece of plastic after all. That's because there's a general agreement in place that it has value. Some currencies have gold to back up it's value, some don't. Do you have access to verify this? Nope, you just have to trust it. Cryptos - while having limited number of applications right now - represent a new kind of currency that might take off and become super valuable. Emphasis on word 'might'. Invest as much as you're comfortable losing.

I saw this great saying somewhere that with cryptos the most you can lose is 100%, there's no limit how much you can gain. Whatever you decide to invest, good luck!

the value of anything is based on demand. demand depends on multiple variables including scarcity, intrinsic costs, liquidity and utility.
BTC has a all these variables that paper money and gold have and is better in many way. you could fill a textbook discussing this. some of these are brilliant. some of these are a threat to its own existence.

Demand has far outstripped its utility in the speculation that the governments will totally fuck up and paper money will be worthless one day. its already happened in a couple of banana republics.

you always hear news stories of fortunes made with crypto upswings but you rarely hear of the tragedies of the downswing. right now the market is being fuelled by people who dont know the value of shit from gold so they dont realize that they are counting on the next fool to pay more than they did.

fact: any crypto that has zero scaricity, intrinsic cost or utility, it value is zero.
opinion: any crypto that doesnt improve any feature of an existing crypto that has foot hold is zero.