Just When you Think Covid-19 is Bad. It gets worse. Terrifying.

I was of the same thought pattern as all of you until it actually hit my family and we’ve had to see these palliative care units. Can’t even bury my Family member it’s obligated incineration and the are so backed up she’s gonna be weeks in a feezer

brutal.. hope your fam gets peace soon..

I'm a part-owner in a restaurant and a bar here in Winnipeg, and COVID has thought me that people can adjust their lifestyle to making only $2000 a month, and in fact, would prefer it over going back to work and making more. The hardest thing about re-opening will be to get people to come back to work.
I have had absolutely no issues hiring. Last Facebook ad, I didn’t even boost I got 70 applications within 3 days.
I bet 50% is restaurant staff. The last 3 I hired was from restaurants.
For me is has been the easiest is ever has. My issue now is I want to advertise to increase business more, but do not have physical space to jam in more staff, that is so easy to hire right now, so we are going to move into split shifts.
Truthfully some will adjust, and not want to work, just like people on welfare, but the ones applying now are cream of the crop.

Ya, fair... but let's say for a laugh that shit is real. And we don't distance and things do get as bad as they can be like in Chicago and NYC, and where ever else. Just for fun, let's pretend it's a pandemic. Do you think that people will be going to restaurants? Do you think that people will be in the mood to go on a trip to Vegas? Renting cars? Vacationing? It's easy to be relaxed and say that business will be as usual, but I just don't think it will be. You're still going to be hit hard, just more people will die.
If the pandemic ripped thru, after the fallout and things would return back to normal, just like it has after every other pandemic.
I myself don’t think it’s fake. I agree it will kill in higher numbers, but like 3ml we can’t stay locked down forever or when the economy completely collapses, we will die from malnutrition or starvation instead., we’ll and a whole host of other things.
I don’t know what the real answer was. I believe we should have closed our borders right away, WHO failed us on that. Our own government failed us in that, because they had a plan in place they didn’t use. Not saying any other politician would have been better, but Trudeau’s obvious feet dragging about everything (except gun control, lol) didn’t help.

Thing is we need to move forward, people will die, people right now are panicking about how unhealthy they have become, it’s shocking to see all the people working at getting back into health because they are, fuck, this is killing people who are not healthy.

My view is different on this because for me I couldn’t hide, been breathed on moistly the whole time. Any of us that are keeping things running do not have the luxury of being scared. So I bet our view points would be different about this.

I was of the same thought pattern as all of you until it actually hit my family and we’ve had to see these palliative care units. Can’t even bury my Family member it’s obligated incineration and the are so backed up she’s gonna be weeks in a feezer

That sucks you cannot have a burial. That’s terrible.

If the pandemic ripped thru, after the fallout and things would return back to normal, just like it has after every other pandemic.
I myself don’t think it’s fake. I agree it will kill in higher numbers, but like 3ml we can’t stay locked down forever or when the economy completely collapses, we will die from malnutrition or starvation instead., we’ll and a whole host of other things.
I don’t know what the real answer was. I believe we should have closed our borders right away, WHO failed us on that. Our own government failed us in that, because they had a plan in place they didn’t use. Not saying any other politician would have been better, but Trudeau’s obvious feet dragging about everything (except gun control, lol) didn’t help.

Thing is we need to move forward, people will die, people right now are panicking about how unhealthy they have become, it’s shocking to see all the people working at getting back into health because they are, fuck, this is killing people who are not healthy.

My view is different on this because for me I couldn’t hide, been breathed on moistly the whole time. Any of us that are keeping things running do not have the luxury of being scared. So I bet our view points would be different about this.

Well said

Thanks brother. No funeral can be held. We had to watch her die in a zoom video with the medical staff in hazmat suits. No one there she knew to make her feel ok or anything.

brutal.. my cousin had to hold up an Ipad so that two kids could say goodbye to their mom. The previous week it was their grandparent that had passed. Shit ain't easy.

I feel your view also might be different because you're in an area where the pandemic didn't rip through. And ya, I want shit to return to normal as much as the next guy.. I'm 100% in favour of things getting going in Winnipeg.

I feel your view also might be different because you're in an area where the pandemic didn't rip through. And ya, I want shit to return to normal as much as the next guy.. I'm 100% in favour of things getting going in Winnipeg.
Yes that is true.
What I’m shocked about is we didn’t get it worse. We had hundreds of students from all over China move into Kingston in December. But I think our open spread out city saved our asses, lol.

It’s funny though because the mayor was trying to change our city to density by design, you know to save the environment, now when they put that up, I ask if that is really a good idea, lol.

Reactions: 3ml
That sucks you cannot have a burial. That’s terrible.
a YouTube video from an ER doc from New York said the same. It was actually the video which changed my perspective on the virus.

The doctor described patients having to die alone, due to family not being allowed in the covid-19 area (for obvious reasons).
The bodies have to be cremated to prevent spreading the virus further, as it stays in the lungs even after death.

my older family doesn’t even speak English, I can’t imagine how it would be for them to have to pass alone and not understanding a thing the doctor or nurse says before they do.

Is shit really hitting the fan though?
I know when you hear death in the thousands it sounds like a lot. I also feel for anyone that has lost someone due to this. Fucking China should be held accountable for this and all their other rotten viruses.

Anyhow again, I trust math. If you look at the math it’s a very small amount of people who are dying. I agree we had to close things down for a col weeks to tame the climbing infection rate. I don’t think we needed two months or whatever it was. People will die, thats life, that’s nature, or Gods will. The thing is there is possibly a far greater cost than the loss of life we are seeing. Many people have not gotten treatments/ surgeries they need. My girlfriends father who is at the final stages of fighting off cancer was unable to get bloodwork. My father couldn’t get a surgery he needs so badly. Suicides will rise. We haven’t even begun to see the economic fallout of this. This will be devastating to the economy. It is quite likely this will put the economy in a death spiral and the dirty 30s may look like kindergarten.

As humans we accept some risk in life. I feel if the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed then let’s get rolling. If the numbers spike well then let’s enforce some measures but not a complete lockdown. We cannot save everyone. Honestly the earth is so overpopulated does it really hurt to lose some people? I know that sounds insensitive but it is logical.

Sorry to hear about your father not being able to get surgery done. I know two people myself who had their surgeries postponed. One just got theirs rescheduled (in Toronto), one is waiting to hear. So I am assuming they’re starting up surgeries again. I was told to expect operating rooms to open early June, hope he gets his rescheduled soon.

Reactions: 3ml
So with New York, am i right that the majority of the deaths were at care homes? And that this is typical world wide? I honestly dont follow the death numbers and such because i just dont have faith that they are true numbers, but am sure i have been reading majority is care facilities.
Also it seems there was some terrible negligence in both New York and Quebec not having proper protocols, and New York sounds like they were filling these facilities with sick patients which caused many problems resulting in higher deaths.
So if they werent forced together to get sick would so many have died?

^ This is correct as per what I've been reading, also that improper application of ventilators to those elderly with compromised lungs literally blew their lungs up. True numbers of this will likely never be reported.

Zuespas, I'm really sorry for your loss, and the way it's being handled. Also hoping you can have closure soon :(

So with New York, am i right that the majority of the deaths were at care homes? And that this is typical world wide? I honestly dont follow the death numbers and such because i just dont have faith that they are true numbers, but am sure i have been reading majority is care facilities.
Also it seems there was some terrible negligence in both New York and Quebec not having proper protocols, and New York sounds like they were filling these facilities with sick patients which caused many problems resulting in higher deaths.
So if they werent forced together to get sick would so many have died?

In Canada somewhere in the 5000's of deaths are in the long term care homes (this was on CTV news even the other night) so I think that makes the ratio somewhere around 5/6 currently? The large majority. In ON and QC the army has had to be brought in to help with it.

This was from a while ago too..

Thanks brother. No funeral can be held. We had to watch her die in a zoom video with the medical staff in hazmat suits. No one there she knew to make her feel ok or anything.

This is terrible I'm really sorry to hear that :(