Just When you Think Covid-19 is Bad. It gets worse. Terrifying.

The only slippery slope that is difficult to them navigate with regional openings is how do you control the flow of people from one area to another. Without getting into freedoms and rights issues but the thing to be wary of is if one area opens up relatively close to another that is locked down because cases are exploding you will see an influx of folks into the area that has been without and it could very quickly be in dire straits if infections start to increase exponentially there.

Especially in areas with limited healthcare capacity.

Ie everyone getting the fuck out of Montreal and heading to the first place that’s open.

I’m not really taking a side on either method here.... I think it could be effectively argued either way.... just making a statement about why the different levels of government involved are maybe afraid to pull the trigger on regional openings.
Exactly what I am worried about happening to Kingston. We have only had one case inover a month and they contracted it elsewhere and brought it back.
Im glad they have kept the marinas closed. Keep people from elsewhere bringing it here.
Same as I’m glad they didn’t open all the restaurants and hotels for the same reason. People will travel here becayse we are safe and bring their diseased asses to our city, lol.
Right now we can cough over each other and be fine.

you are correct. thats why we are lucky that this is such a mild pandemic. hopefully when its over our leadership can bang together an effective plan for when the population altering pandemic hits.

The only slippery slope that is difficult to them navigate with regional openings is how do you control the flow of people from one area to another. Without getting into freedoms and rights issues but the thing to be wary of is if one area opens up relatively close to another that is locked down because cases are exploding you will see an influx of folks into the area that has been without and it could very quickly be in dire straits if infections start to increase exponentially there.

Especially in areas with limited healthcare capacity.

Ie everyone getting the fuck out of Montreal and heading to the first place that’s open.

I’m not really taking a side on either method here.... I think it could be effectively argued either way.... just making a statement about why the different levels of government involved are maybe afraid to pull the trigger on regional openings.

you are correct. thats why we are lucky that this is such a mild pandemic. hopefully when its over our leadership can bang together an effective plan for when the population altering pandemic hits.

Although not a pandemic....but much of what we needed to know and have in place was already learned from sars almost 20 years ago.

But we still did fuck all.... I suppose the reason why is it didn’t affect enough people as it was mostly prevalent in only health care settings and not circulating en Mâsse in the general public and it was long enough ago to forget.

Human nature.... why can I tell you?

Although not a pandemic....but much of what we needed to know and have in place was already learned from sars almost 20 years ago.

But we still did fuck all.... I suppose the reason why is it didn’t affect enough people as it was mostly prevalent in only health care settings and not circulating en Mâsse in the general public and it was long enough ago to forget.

Exactly! I was in that mess we called SARS working out of three hospitals in TO and it was not fun. Taiwan, on the other hand, had their SARs playbook out and ready to go.

Yep. If they had followed recommendations and closed the borders immediately as well as other items this would not have got to where it is. But do you believe our current government would have followed the recommendations? I doubt it. We closed our borders after USA, and Trump has been thrashed for it.

I don’t know guys. My grandmother just passed away from Covid. She was in a Hotel in Valleyfield Quebec transformed into a palliative Center for Covid only. People are dropping like flies here in Quebec especially Montreal. Much of the country isn’t affected like it is here therefore most aren’t sensitive to the true effect of this virus. Those in the epicentres seeing hotels full of medical staff in hazmat suits and people dropping off the way they are. Never have I seen hotels taken over for palliative care for the common flu. There is a major difference.
Are they possibly making the same mistakes that New York made?

I don’t know guys. My grandmother just passed away from Covid. She was in a Hotel in Valleyfield Quebec transformed into a palliative Center for Covid only. People are dropping like flies here in Quebec especially Montreal. Much of the country isn’t affected like it is here therefore most aren’t sensitive to the true effect of this virus. Those in the epicentres seeing hotels full of medical staff in hazmat suits and people dropping off the way they are. Never have I seen hotels taken over for palliative care for the common flu. There is a major difference.

I'm with you on this.. I feel as though no one else claiming fake news lives in an area where shit has hit the fan. I can totally understand why it would seem fake but to me it's insensitive and even irresponsible. The divide is blinding, I guess. I'll probably get roasted for this comment, but don't care.

Sorry for your loss, hope shit gets better in your hood.

I'm with you on this.. I feel as though no one else claiming fake news lives in an area where shit has hit the fan. I can totally understand why it would seem fake but to me it's insensitive and even irresponsible. The divide is blinding, I guess. I'll probably get roasted for this comment, but don't care.

Sorry for your loss, hope shit gets better in your hood.

Is shit really hitting the fan though?
I know when you hear death in the thousands it sounds like a lot. I also feel for anyone that has lost someone due to this. Fucking China should be held accountable for this and all their other rotten viruses.

Anyhow again, I trust math. If you look at the math it’s a very small amount of people who are dying. I agree we had to close things down for a col weeks to tame the climbing infection rate. I don’t think we needed two months or whatever it was. People will die, thats life, that’s nature, or Gods will. The thing is there is possibly a far greater cost than the loss of life we are seeing. Many people have not gotten treatments/ surgeries they need. My girlfriends father who is at the final stages of fighting off cancer was unable to get bloodwork. My father couldn’t get a surgery he needs so badly. Suicides will rise. We haven’t even begun to see the economic fallout of this. This will be devastating to the economy. It is quite likely this will put the economy in a death spiral and the dirty 30s may look like kindergarten.

As humans we accept some risk in life. I feel if the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed then let’s get rolling. If the numbers spike well then let’s enforce some measures but not a complete lockdown. We cannot save everyone. Honestly the earth is so overpopulated does it really hurt to lose some people? I know that sounds insensitive but it is logical.

Is shit really hitting the fan though?
I know when you hear death in the thousands it sounds like a lot. I also feel for anyone that has lost someone due to this. Fucking China should be held accountable for this and all their other rotten viruses.

Anyhow again, I trust math. If you look at the math it’s a very small amount of people who are dying. I agree we had to close things down for a col weeks to tame the climbing infection rate. I don’t think we needed two months or whatever it was. People will die, thats life, that’s nature, or Gods will. The thing is there is possibly a far greater cost than the loss of life we are seeing. Many people have not gotten treatments/ surgeries they need. My girlfriends father who is at the final stages of fighting off cancer was unable to get bloodwork. My father couldn’t get a surgery he needs so badly. Suicides will rise. We haven’t even begun to see the economic fallout of this. This will be devastating to the economy. It is quite likely this will put the economy in a death spiral and the dirty 30s may look like kindergarten.

As humans we accept some risk in life. I feel if the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed then let’s get rolling. If the numbers spike well then let’s enforce some measures but not a complete lockdown. We cannot save everyone. Honestly the earth is so overpopulated does it really hurt to lose some people? I know that sounds insensitive but it is logical.

Math on a global scale is different than math in a focused area where things are bad. And yes, shit is hitting the fan. I posted before that my cousin is a doctor in Indy, and he's been sent to Illinois. It's exactly what the "fake news" reports. Stacking bodies on bodies in rented freezers, entire families wiped out (says the record is 5 members in one family). Doctors and nurses working 16 hour days, breaking down mentally and emotionally. The point of the lockdown is so this won't happen in other/all cities. It is impossible to know what the perfect level of lockdown is, I'm cool with chilling out for a bit longer to hopefully gain knowledge on that subject. It will be a small blip in my life when I die, hopefully of old age. If I have to work a couple more years before I retire in order to save some lives, so be it.

And ya, kind of a fucked up train of thought. How bout you offer up your family in order to help with our overpopulation problem.

Math on a global scale is different than math in a focused area where things are bad. And yes, shit is hitting the fan. I posted before that my cousin is a doctor in Indy, and he's been sent to Illinois. It's exactly what the "fake news" reports. Stacking bodies on bodies in rented freezers, entire families wiped out (says the record is 5 members in one family). Doctors and nurses working 16 hour days, breaking down mentally and emotionally. The point of the lockdown is so this won't happen in other/all cities. It is impossible to know what the perfect level of lockdown is, I'm cool with chilling out for a bit longer to hopefully gain knowledge on that subject. It will be a small blip in my life when I die, hopefully of old age. If I have to work a couple more years before I retire in order to save some lives, so be it.

And ya, kind of a fucked up train of thought. How bout you offer up your family in order to help with our overpopulation problem.
How about we just get off the idea that we can go through endless expansion of our societies and just start trying to make what we have economically viable first?
Chicago has a different problem.People that are susceptible due to health and lifestyle factors.

Ive yet too see any math done properly. Most will take the entire population of the world and use that to drown out percentages.
The ones who did use realistic numbers end up with a decimal and magically change it to a percentage with no change in the decimal spot..Lol
If covid has taught me anything its
- people are generally terrible at basic math
- most people have no savings to survive a month or two

Last edited:
Ive yet too see any math done properly. Most will take the entire population of the world and use that to drown out percentages.
The ones who did use realistic numbers end up with a decimal and magically change it to a percentage with no change in the decimal spot..Lol
- people a generally terrible at basic math

lol, true.

- people a generally terrible at basic math

I'm a part-owner in a restaurant and a bar here in Winnipeg, and COVID has taught me that people can adjust their lifestyle to making only $2000 a month, and in fact, would prefer it over going back to work and making more. The hardest thing about re-opening will be to get people to come back to work.

Last edited:
Getting peeple back to work will be a problem for a certain percentage of the population.
Some people need to stay busy.

I'm a part-owner in a restaurant and a bar here in Winnipeg, and COVID has thought me that people can adjust their lifestyle to making only $2000 a month, and in fact, would prefer it over going back to work and making more. The hardest thing about re-opening will be to get people to come back to work.

The hardest thing about reopening is going to be to stay open for many many many businesses.
Just wait for the domino effect
Hertz rental cars just filed for bankruptcy protections. 18 billion of debt. Thousands out of a job
Oh ya and they say they will try to liquidate 30,000 used vehicles a month for some time. What will that do to the used car market? New car market? This is just one tiny example of what is to come and then the fallout around that.

I know you said you are willing to work a couple extra years to retire to save people but it may not be quite that simple
What most people are failing to see is that the economy will not return to normal at all

The hardest thing about reopening is going to be to stay open for many many many businesses.
Hertz rental cars just filed for bankruptcy protections. 18 billion of debt. Thousands out of a job
Oh ya and they say they will try to liquidate 30,000 used vehicles a month for some time. What will that do to the used car market? New car market? This is just one tiny example of what is to come and then the fallout around that.

I know you said you are willing to work a couple extra years to retire to save people but it may not be quite that simple
What most people are failing to see is that the economy will not return to normal at all
Don't worry Charles Schwab says everything will be ok.:)

Reactions: 3ml

Ya, fair... but let's say for a laugh that shit is real. And we don't distance and things do get as bad as they can be like in Chicago and NYC, and where ever else. Just for fun, let's pretend it's a pandemic. Do you think that people will be going to restaurants? Do you think that people will be in the mood to go on a trip to Vegas? Renting cars? Vacationing? It's easy to be relaxed and say that business will be as usual, but I just don't think it will be. You're still going to be hit hard, just more people will die.

Ya, fair... but let's say for a laugh that shit is real. And we don't distance and things do get as bad as they can be like in Chicago and NYC, and where ever else. Just for fun, let's pretend it's a pandemic. Do you think that people will be going to restaurants? Do you think that people will be in the mood to go on a trip to Vegas? Renting cars? Vacationing? It's easy to be relaxed and say that business will be as usual, but I just don't think it will be. You're still going to be hit hard, just more people will die.

That is a very valid point. I’m not against taking some measures to protect people but because our government fumble fucked this right at the beginning I feel they overreacted and locked down too hard.

Maybe this will help you understand my thought process

Let’s say no effective vaccine or treatment are available for 2 years. Should we just continue to cower in our cottages like Trudeau?
The thing is we will have to sacrifice some lives period. Nothing we can do about it. Obviously that sucks and is horrible for people. As long as we don’t overwhelm hospitals this is a pretty survivable virus for most.

Oh ya and about your comment on sacrificing some of my family for population control. We are all in the same boat including my parents. We allthink Similarly that this is overblown and we want to carry on with our lives EVEN if it means raising the risk of death by a very small margin. Remember most people survive this shit

That is a very valid point. I’m not against taking some measures to protect people but because our government fumble fucked this right at the beginning I feel they overreacted and locked down too hard.

Maybe this will help you understand my thought process

Let’s say no effective vaccine or treatment are available for 2 years. Should we just continue to cower in our cottages like Trudeau?
The thing is we will have to sacrifice some lives period. Nothing we can do about it. Obviously that sucks and is horrible for people. As long as we don’t overwhelm hospitals this is a pretty survivable virus for most.

Oh ya and about your comment on sacrificing some of my family for population control. We are all in the same boat including my parents. We allthink Similarly that this is overblown and we want to carry on with our lives EVEN if it means raising the risk of death by a very small margin. Remember most people survive this shit

Understand all your points besides "overblown"... I just want to enjoy my day so I'm not going to go back and forth anymore, but will double down on saying that it's not overblown in some areas. And for all of us who live in areas that aren't affected by it, we should be thankful. Throwing rocks at the areas that are affected, it's just lame. They need support, not to be told they're liars.