IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Phil Hernon Has Reportedly Passed Away

Phil had been sick for a few years with kidney issues and was looking for a kidney donor

It always seems to come in waves the deaths in this community
Agreed, @3ml - It seems that way. I am repeating myself but way too many 'famous' and local BBers who compete and dropping dead in their 30's and 40's.
@biguglynewf - what forums was he on? Imagine you giving someone shit lol.
Condolences to this family.

It was on big A’s forum I believe.

It’s a little muddled now. Because it has to be almost 15 years ago? Over 10 anyway.
If I remember correctly he first got involved with JT from sten and the maybe again with JT after sten fell apart. Then I think he may have tried his own. Regardless. It stemmed from him defending JT when he went complete shit bag and started weaseling people out of orders or what they had ordered and sent other things.

at one time sten had excellent research chems and peptides. Not sure what happened to JT but he went full fucking scumbag and Phil backed him despite plenty of evidence. They partnered in some .

it was business I suppose. And that muddles things. There were many complicated things going on with the sten partners back then.

There was a member Bolan that was on CS but migrated to PM because of a bunch of things that happened. Phil used to just ducking destroy him…. Lol! That was beautiful!

Phil and I were great friends. He was my coach for many many years. He was my friend even longer.
I would get a call from him on a Sunday morning just so he could vent and run some things past me. Or if I was sick or down he would text then call five minutes later and shoot the breeze.
He was a much different persona in real life than he was on promuscle where they banned him because he said what he thought.
Phil had many issues lately I won’t discuss as he trusted me with what was going on and zero had anything to do with bodybuilding, completely genetic 100%.

autopsies etc are not relevant as he was not a bber nor anabolic utilized of any sorts.
He had many folks lined up to donate a kidney but he was not well enough to get it done. This is not how he passed away.
I am still friends with his ex wife whom he was still close to due to their daughter.
A great fellow I hung out with in person many times and chatted with on a regular basis and always had my back at all times in life. Boards are mostly a platform but not him in real life, not even close.

my coach for many years as was John Meadows. A big loss once again to all of us that KNEW him.

I got a call this am on this and am still not believing I won’t hear his voice ever again except in my mind when I am about to embark on a diet as no matter how good I look he would say I was fat, right up until two days before jumping on stage . Bastard.
Lol
He would not break form until the end and he would say you were ready three weeks out you dickhead. So easy to pry your mind iron will.

lol
Bugger.

rip… again release autopsy and toxicology
Why? He is and has been a NORMAL guy non enhanced and non competitive for many many years.
Why would you need his autopsy and toxicology, why do we ever need anyone’s unless we are an insurance agent and trying not to pay a claim due to breech of contracts etc.
When anyone dies that’s between them and God and their direct family. They aren’t our entertainment nor our business.
Not telling you off brother I just truly think that is callous when folks make these statements after someone passes away. None of our business.
Phil was a long long ongoing set of issues not related in any way to do with us or our sport/hobby.

Why? He is and has been a NORMAL guy non enhanced and non competitive for many many years.
Why would you need his autopsy and toxicology, why do we ever need anyone’s unless we are an insurance agent and trying not to pay a claim due to breech of contracts etc.
When anyone dies that’s between them and God and their direct family. They aren’t our entertainment nor our business.
Not telling you off brother I just truly think that is callous when folks make these statements after someone passes away. None of our business.
Phil was a long long ongoing set of issues not related in any way to do with us or our sport/hobby.
I never knew of the man and its sad to hear his passing.

I think the guy was asking just to know of it was AAS related as with all of these deaths I find it's good to see what the common cause is so that we as a community can learn and put in place more preventative measures. More of a future harm reduction standpoint.

Either way I'm sorry for your loss man, hope you're managing.

Why? Because in the off chance that his bodybuilding years had anytning to do with his death, and it could help prevent somebody else from getting sick; why not ; I understand it was a friend of yours and that’s probably why you’ve responded 3 times to my one comment. I’m sorry for your loss, and maybe it’s early to ask for something like that. But if he needed a kidney for a long time, and was a professional bber; can you say with 100% confidence his death had literally zero chance of having anything to do with his past lifestyle? I’d say that’s impossible to know… hence why I think it could be a benefit to guys like us to have access to that info

Btw: not an ounce of disrespect intended this is all from a curious standpoint stemming from regards to my own personal health

Also do you feel the same way since I asked about wanting to see the same info on Meadows ? Do you not think that info could be invaluable for guys like us,

I thinks it’s the way the world has gone sir.

everyone believes that they are entitled to all information about everything. Especially those in the public eye or those who one were in the public eye.

sorry for the loss of your friend sir.

Why? Because in the off chance that his bodybuilding years had anytning to do with his death, and it could help prevent somebody else from getting sick; why not ; I understand it was a friend of yours and that’s probably why you’ve responded 3 times to my one comment. I’m sorry for your loss, and maybe it’s early to ask for something like that. But if he needed a kidney for a long time, and was a professional bber; can you say with 100% confidence his death had literally zero chance of having anything to do with his past lifestyle? I’d say that’s impossible to know… hence why I think it could be a benefit to guys like us to have access to that info
If you are waiting for Phil Hernon’s autopsy report or tox screen to tell you if bodybuilding can be dangerous and hazardous to your health I think you need to think about that statement my friend.

Whether Aas use was a factor in his personal health issues or not…. We already well know the hazards associated with long term steroid use and or abuse and they can relate to kidney damage amongst many many other things.

In this case we know the man had many health issues. Kidney issues included.

what do you expect an autopsy will tell you?

Also do you feel the same way since I asked about wanting to see the same info on Meadows ? Do you not think that info could be invaluable for guys like us,
Again…. What info? Have you ever been to an autopsy or read an autopsy report including a tox screen?

Let me tell you, they are never ever as finite as you would think. Especially how you’re thinking.

It’s none of your business that’s why and if you haven’t learned over the years of risks of aas use then you should stop now.
Simple.
No need to be disrespectful as I’ve helped you many a time with solicited advice etc.
It is none of your biz and I can say his kidney had nothing to do with aas 100% and again don’t be a sick because I embarrassed you unintentionally. Just stop and realize this is a life of a person.

Quit being a dick. End of story man. If you want an argument you are looking in the wrong spot lil fella.
Three times to one post don’t flatter yourself. Lmao seriously.