How long have you trained?

Started late 80s, cant remember the year. I slowed down in the late 90s - early 2000s, and then got going again around 2007.

1998 is when i first got a golds membership. Was 325lbs and got down to 175 lean and mean at 5'7 in 18 months. Wish i can post a pic but didnt have a digital camera in those days and no scanner.
Went from getting no ass at all to nailing at least 2 different girls a week. Life changing, i tell ya

On and off for 15 years more off than on the last 3, my BJJ gym shut down over COVID, which was also where I lifted, so I was stuck to home db circuits until recently getting a gym membership.

I am currently in the works of building a 24x24 garage as a home gym so I'm excited for that

Started training in my teens - 1987ish. Trained obsessively until 2001. trained sporadically over next 10 years as i focused on Jiujitsu. 2011 at 41 found a balance and been training Jiu jitsu and lifting concurrently in a sensible manner ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 years now..
First year was guessing..
years 2- 8 I did not miss a meal or workout and maybe had 5 cheat meals a year (had no choice).

After that I got bit sloppy, but didn't miss a workout and bulked..

Then got injured about year 10.. shoulder..

Got better and back into it.... Now in 40's I am eating better than ever, but constantly battling injuries.

1998 is when i first got a golds membership. Was 325lbs and got down to 175 lean and mean at 5'7 in 18 months. Wish i can post a pic but didnt have a digital camera in those days and no scanner.
Went from getting no ass at all to nailing at least 2 different girls a week. Life changing, i tell ya
Take a picture of the picture and post it.

I walked into a gym the first time when I was sixteen and guess trained for a year. I partied for a year after that and got back into the gym when I was 18 . Think I did my first cycle when I was like 20.
Took a year off when I was 24 and went to a boxing gym for a year.
Got back into it when I was like 26 again.
I’m 32 now . I still have a picture of me after my first cycle lol
This was literally ten years ago after I did my very first cycle , I thought I was the man back than hahah
35e0e37d5eceae18cfc61716ff4cf569.jpg

Oh the memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started lifting back in 1993, being short I wanted an advantage picking up woman, Year later I had went form 125 to 163 Completely natural. Was way easierr picking up woman.
Then I moved back to Edmonton (1995), started my business, was stupidly busy and maybe trained for 3 months a year for about 2 years. Anything I gained I'd lose over hunting season and the insane amount of hours I would do. (I'd work 8 am till 2 am, I ate enough ephedrine to make an elephant hyper) So since I was getting no where I got frustrated and stopped training and drank, smoked, partied, renovated my house and just lived a normal life.
Then in 2014 I saw picture of me on a boat without a shirt, I was 43 and had a major dad bod. I wasn't super fat, but nothing like what I was when I trained. So I started to lift again, a year later found Northern Muscle because at 44, you do not respond the same way to training as you do in your 20's..

Hit it pretty good for 3 years, then my guts fell apart, sidetracked me for 3 years and I pretty much started back again about a year ago.

So in grand total, maybe 6-7 years, in the last 26Ish, Sounds really sad when I calculated the total amount.

Last edited:
7 years ago I was 340 and a fat fuck I would get winded reading my kid a story now I'm slightly a fat fuck and bounce around between 280-290 and no issue reading stories lol started using TRT then my first cycle within the last three years.

7 years ago I was 340 and a fat fuck I would get winded reading my kid a story now I'm slightly a fat fuck and bounce around between 280-290 and no issue reading stories lol started using TRT then my first cycle within the last three years.
How long ago did you join the boards? I remember when you first joined, but can’t remember how long ago that was.

How long ago did you join the boards? I remember when you first joined, but can’t remember how long ago that was.
I'm thinking late 2019 if I'm not mistaken I completely fucked up my first cycle so I wanted to gain some knowledge.