How long have you trained?

That is because your body doesent want you to tear another, lol.

Happened to my buddy after his pec tear. Really messed with his brain.

I am no where near as strong as you guys, so tears is not something I have had.

Shit, you already have the mass. Now is the time to refine it and get cut. Well at least for the summer.
That's how it is with me. Mentally, I can never push any chest and shoulder movements far after my pec tear. I'm sure I could, but as soon as I hit failure with any weight, I never push it. I never push maxes. Never train chest movements in less than the 12+ range now, really.

Started training in... 2007. Had no real clue what I was doing. Mostly fucking around, trying to ego lift at the gym with friends. No concept of diet or training. When I started I was 118lbs at 5'11. Got my shit together, did my research, and started eating to grow and training hard. Got up to about 200lbs leanish. That was maybe 2010. A lot of food. Then hit a major plateau. Couldn't gain any weight. So I started forcefeeding. Like really forcefeeding. Ate my way up to 265. Held it for 6 months, and cut just to come back to 202. This was around 2012 when I got more into bodybuilding. Did my first cycle.

Got serious around 2012 during that time, and have been very consistent since. Competed in my first show in 2013.

That's how it is with me. Mentally, I can never push any chest and shoulder movements far after my pec tear. I'm sure I could, but as soon as I hit failure with any weight, I never push it. I never push maxes. Never train chest movements in less than the 12+ range now, really.

Started training in... 2007. Had no real clue what I was doing. Mostly fucking around, trying to ego lift at the gym with friends. No concept of diet or training. When I started I was 118lbs at 5'11. Got my shit together, did my research, and started eating to grow and training hard. Got up to about 200lbs leanish. That was maybe 2010. A lot of food. Then hit a major plateau. Couldn't gain any weight. So I started forcefeeding. Like really forcefeeding. Ate my way up to 265. Held it for 6 months, and cut just to come back to 202. This was around 2012 when I got more into bodybuilding. Did my first cycle.

Got serious around 2012 during that time, and have been very consistent since. Competed in my first show in 2013.
Right on. Good gains.

I have been cautious (since I returned to training in my 40's) because I couldn't afford a major injury and not be able to work, like a tear. I think its partly why i never really grew as much as I could have. So I have that same mental block, just not thru injury but prevention of injury.
When I was young, I didn't give two fucks. I would hammer the weight like a madman.

I never got my 500 either. Tried twice with my best getting half way up after a pause rep. Maybe if i followed a proper program incould have done it. Now training at home again, and dont put the effort into it. Been weeks since i even do three plates. Lol. Just not motivated anymore.
Wish i got into it 10 yrs earlier.
Now everything just hurts.
Yeah I hear ya brother. I honestly get damn good workouts at home, I have no machines other than leg curl extension machine and cable cross machine. So no hammer strength stuff etc and I get a lazy day in the gym, I go for machines. At home no choice.
Now saying that we just moved to Edmonton for a few months while farm is being upgraded in the house .
I haven’t been in public hardly let alone public gym for well over a year. It’s godamn fun in the gym. Lol new excitement again. But once back in farm it’s 45 mins to Edmonton so home gym again and I’m upping the ante on the gym some more during remodel.

But the stores and restaurants etc we have not been anywhere near civilization years now out working. I am a country bumpkin through and through bushman. But holy shit it’s like being a virgin in Amsterdam red light district, so many choices.
I do look forward to getting out of town but I’m gonna live it up in city at gym etc etc for awhile. Lol
My job is in city so I won’t be totally isolated unless the desire is there.

89’ is when I got my first gym membership .. was hardcore for first 10 years. Realized I missed out on too much fun in my 20’s so after that off and on . Been pretty consistent last 6 years . Did my first cycle in early 90’s. testoviron depot and Russian d-bols
Dbols 5 mg in blister packs they were some good

Yeah I hear ya brother. I honestly get damn good workouts at home, I have no machines other than leg curl extension machine and cable cross machine. So no hammer strength stuff etc and I get a lazy day in the gym, I go for machines. At home no choice.
Now saying that we just moved to Edmonton for a few months while farm is being upgraded in the house .
I haven’t been in public hardly let alone public gym for well over a year. It’s godamn fun in the gym. Lol new excitement again. But once back in farm it’s 45 mins to Edmonton so home gym again and I’m upping the ante on the gym some more during remodel.

But the stores and restaurants etc we have not been anywhere near civilization years now out working. I am a country bumpkin through and through bushman. But holy shit it’s like being a virgin in Amsterdam red light district, so many choices.
I do look forward to getting out of town but I’m gonna live it up in city at gym etc etc for awhile. Lol
Not sure where in edmonton your at, but check out the BullPen gym if you can, assuming its still there. I trained there for a month in 2016 during fire evacuation. Its the best gym i ever trained in.

Axxis gym is really good to . It used to be called hardcore. Yeah the owner is an ex Olympian , awesome guy. That was my home when I lived in Edmonton years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been lifting about 18 years. I am 35 now and realize I probably won't get back to the shape I was in my late 20s and that's okay. I don't even know if I could.