Gym etiquette where has it gone?

Guess I can add one to this thread...

Been working out at normal times now lately since I'm on vacation.. No more 6am work outs for a bit.

Anyways, 11am I went in and there's 1 guy in the gym. He looks like he's doing a crossfit or similar workout.. no big deal, I couldn't care less..

However, he was doing squats in the squat rack AND had a section of floor space sectioned off to jump rope AND had a section of floor space sectioned off for ab rolling exercises AND had a section of floor for some sort of medicine ball exercises. HE was doing a circuit type training thing.

This I could not brush off and work around as he really tied up a large portion of the open floor space in the gym and the squat rack. My gym has limited floor space. I Wanted to do dead lifts and so I needed a section of floor space close to a weight tree with lots of 45's. He tied up the 2 places I could have used.

I walked on the tread mill a bit to wait, but he didn't look near finished... So I moved in on one of his areas and worked in the same area without getting in his way.. After 10 mins he combined his ab station with his jump rope station.

I gave up on gym's years back when my local YMCA kicked me out for "HARASSING" another member lol. Some fucking idiot was using these ugly looking rubber bands to do flys and one snapped off and hit me in the neck like 10 feet away and after tripping over loose weights and having to wipe other peoples sweat off the leather my whole session I fucking snapped just like the rubber band :p

Working out at home Is the best hands down! Don't have to deal with stupid fuckers, no waiting, no fat/old fucks treating the change room like a gay bath house and no faggy gym music like Maroon 5 playing lol. Hard core gyms are all but gone now unfortunately :(

Alright guys and gals I’m not sure about all gyms but for fuck sakes has everyone forgot gym etiquette?

You use weights put them back! Go into my gym and there’s maybe 50% of the dumbbells on the rack (2 full sets). The rest are scattered everywhere. The leg press is loaded with 12 plates, the squat racks are strewn with plates all over the ground. Go back to kindergarten and learn to put your fucking toys away.

Then there’s the assholes sitting on a bench for 30 minutes texting on their phone... you ask if they’re done you get a dirty look and told no brah I got 4 more sets.... if you’re in the gym to fucking search grinder or be on Facebook and plan your night at “da club”. Get the fuck off the equipment so people who are there to actually train can get their shit done!
I beilive etiquette has been missing in many more places than just the gym, in recent years.
For example how many posts on social media have you seen with a bunch of young dudes sitting on the bus while the elderly person or pregnant woman is standing?
How many times do you see someone go out of there way to hold a door open for someone... or help an elderly person when they are clearly struggling with something?
Don't get me wrong people still do it, and a round of applauds to them. Just doesn't happen as much as before!

As for the gyms.... I was working out at my 24 hour back up gym months back.... they literally have 30 movable benches... and only 3 bench press benches.... every movable bench was a available... but all 3 bench press benches in use
One was being used by this guy(in jeans) doing wrist curls..... I watched him there for 20min... 5-6 min on his cell phone between sets!!!
Like are you kidding me???

I beilive etiquette has been missing in many more places than just the gym, in recent years.
For example how many posts on social media have you seen with a bunch of young dudes sitting on the bus while the elderly person or pregnant woman is standing?
How many times do you see someone go out of there way to hold a door open for someone... or help an elderly person when they are clearly struggling with something?
Don't get me wrong people still do it, and a round of applauds to them. Just doesn't happen as much as before!

As for the gyms.... I was working out at my 24 hour back up gym months back.... they literally have 30 movable benches... and only 3 bench press benches.... every movable bench was a available... but all 3 bench press benches in use
One was being used by this guy(in jeans) doing wrist curls..... I watched him there for 20min... 5-6 min on his cell phone between sets!!!
Like are you kidding me???
bunne was just mentioning this cell phone shit at her gym no more than 10 min ago

bunne was just mentioning this cell phone shit at her gym no more than 10 min ago
The guy did 4 sets in a half hour. This gym has one incline bench, everyone is on their lunch hour and Bobo here sat at it forever texting probably his entire friends list in between sets. And don’t get me going on the people who use the cable crossovers for the entire workout when they could be using something else that might permit others to work the cables into their chest workout that require two ends to be used. There are other things that don’t tie things up like that you know. I’m talking to the offenders. I told a guy I was working in with him on squats the other day because he was taking too long. He chuckled and looked at me like “are you serious”. I told him he’d been doing nothing but texting for the last 10 minutes and that I wanted in. At that precise moment the rack I prefer to use opened up. Lucky for him because I was not going away. He may have had to push his lazy ass a little harder and stop work his fingers muscles between sets. AND I’m tired of people who take ownership of equipment as though it’s theirs cause they sit on it or lean up against it as they’re having a conversation. I tell them they’re not using it they’re having a conversation for 5 and more minutes, so while they chit chat I’ll get my time in. And I’m the rude one. I’m not rude about, I just tell them what I’m doing. Got attitude once from some miserable bitch but oh well. She was just having a shitty day probably and needed to text a friend on a popular piece of equipment for about 10 minutes. They need to be told to leave the phones off the floor. Should be mandatory. At one time I remember that cell phone usage wasn’t permitted in gyms on the floor. Just be polite people. Let people work in. It will be good for you. Oh, and you may make a friend or two if you pull those damn earbuds out of your ears and quit singing. Nobody really likes your version of what your wailing out and especially not as you drum away on the equipment or in the air. PLUS its quite nice to hear people say hello, and som either happy day greetings, in passing. Not full out conversing be a smile and a nod and a couple of words as you walk by. Makes you feel a little more connected to your community. My rant yes. Sorry. 😳
It just really bugs me how there is really no gym etiquette at all.

Last time I was at the gym one of the cages was tied up the entire time by a guy doing deads with a pair of 25s.Then back on his phone for a few minutes.

The guy did 4 sets in a half hour. This gym has one incline bench, everyone is on their lunch hour and Bobo here sat at it forever texting probably his entire friends list in between sets. And don’t get me going on the people who use the cable crossovers for the entire workout when they could be using something else that might permit others to work the cables into their chest workout that require two ends to be used. There are other things that don’t tie things up like that you know. I’m talking to the offenders. I told a guy I was working in with him on squats the other day because he was taking too long. He chuckled and looked at me like “are you serious”. I told him he’d been doing nothing but texting for the last 10 minutes and that I wanted in. At that precise moment the rack I prefer to use opened up. Lucky for him because I was not going away. He may have had to push his lazy ass a little harder and stop work his fingers muscles between sets. AND I’m tired of people who take ownership of equipment as though it’s theirs cause they sit on it or lean up against it as they’re having a conversation. I tell them they’re not using it they’re having a conversation for 5 and more minutes, so while they chit chat I’ll get my time in. And I’m the rude one. I’m not rude about, I just tell them what I’m doing. Got attitude once from some miserable bitch but oh well. She was just having a shitty day probably and needed to text a friend on a popular piece of equipment for about 10 minutes. They need to be told to leave the phones off the floor. Should be mandatory. At one time I remember that cell phone usage wasn’t permitted in gyms on the floor. Just be polite people. Let people work in. It will be good for you. Oh, and you may make a friend or two if you pull those damn earbuds out of your ears and quit singing. Nobody really likes your version of what your wailing out and especially not as you drum away on the equipment or in the air. PLUS its quite nice to hear people say hello, and som either happy day greetings, in passing. Not full out conversing be a smile and a nod and a couple of words as you walk by. Makes you feel a little more connected to your community. My rant yes. Sorry. 😳
It just really bugs me how there is really no gym etiquette at all.
I couldn't agree with you more!!
The only time I have my cell phone, is when I'm using it for music!! And never ever text on it!! I have pre-set play list... so I don't even touch the phone.