Finally got my appointment

1- This is where the arguments start :) . I have no interest whatsoever in argueing back and forth but I will answer. My answer is based on the science as I interpret it and backed up by many real life bloodwork results from multiple subjects including myself.

2- Hopefully it is obvious that even with injectables there are still plenty of variables at play, notably the differences in conversion rates between individuals. The majority of men IME will fit the model very closely, I personally fit it pretty much exactly, I have not been shy about bragging about nailing my TRT target of exactly 700ng/dl more than once but your mileage may vary.

3- 4.5 days. Meaning the 24hrs after the last shot I would expect a peak of 6490ng/dl and 4.5 days later a measurement of 3245ng/dl plasma level from a blood test.

Wasn't starting an argument. Actually just really wanted to know out of curiosity.

Wasn't starting an argument. ...

Oh shit Sorb, I didn't mean to imply that you were, my apologies if you took it that way.

I was referring to the different views that folks have on the half lives of the various compounds we use. I'm sure you have seen the different lists floating around that detail them, I believe there is at least one thread on this site on the subject. An example is that Test E is often touted as having somewhere around a 10 day half life where as I am saying 4.5.

There is science and studies to backup and argue for both of those numbers, I believe most of the discrepancies are a result of using loosely defined terms. Sometimes what starts out as polite discussion turns into a heated argument. I have participated in or observed these many times over the years and it just doesn't serve me anymore, so now I usually just state my opinion and bow out rather than try to change anyone's mind.

Cheers Bro

Oh shit Sorb, I didn't mean to imply that you were, my apologies if you took it that way.

I was referring to the different views that folks have on the half lives of the various compounds we use. I'm sure you have seen the different lists floating around that detail them, I believe there is at least one thread on this site on the subject. An example is that Test E is often touted as having somewhere around a 10 day half life where as I am saying 4.5.

There is science and studies to backup and argue for both of those numbers, I believe most of the discrepancies are a result of using loosely defined terms. Sometimes what starts out as polite discussion turns into a heated argument. I have participated in or observed these many times over the years and it just doesn't serve me anymore, so now I usually just state my opinion and bow out rather than try to change anyone's mind.

Cheers Bro

Oh I wasn’t upset, just wanted you to know that I was curious about your thoughts and wasn’t setting you up for an argument like a lot do,
I’m with you on the 4,5 days. That is why you feel more stable injecting twice a week vs once a week.

I had my follow up appointment today. The Doc wasnt concerned in the least about my fairly high blood work results for test. He said it was obviously working. He said all my other results were perfect so all was good. I talked to him about changing to injectables and walked out of his office with a script for Depo-Testostrone. Only 1 vial initially. First shot is in a couple of weeks. That was the soonest they could get me in for as they want to do the first few shots then likely have my GP "teach me" how to do it. The script is for 2.5ml every 3 weeks. Def not ideal but once I am doing my shots myself I can pin more often to stablize the blood levels better.

I had my follow up appointment today. The Doc wasnt concerned in the least about my fairly high blood work results for test. He said it was obviously working. He said all my other results were perfect so all was good. I talked to him about changing to injectables and walked out of his office with a script for Depo-Testostrone. Only 1 vial initially. First shot is in a couple of weeks. That was the soonest they could get me in for as they want to do the first few shots then likely have my GP "teach me" how to do it. The script is for 2.5ml every 3 weeks. Def not ideal but once I am doing my shots myself I can pin more often to stablize the blood levels better.

That's brutal.. Your not going to be happy. That would throw me off big time. The last 2 weeks before your next shot is going to be misierable.

Is you doctor a endo or a GP? Sounds like a unedcuated GP with the one shot a week every 3 weeks and the script of 1 vile.

You need to either educate your doctor on proper use and get him to change the script to .5 2times a week OR just take the script and once they are satisfied you can do the shots yourself, inject 2x a week.

personally I am happy with the situation. It was ZERO issue to get him script me injectables. He even half jokingly said the customer is always right when I said I wanted to give that a try. The fact he wasnt concerned about my numbers being way out of range for test. I'm hopefull things will go smoothly and if I have high numers in the future he wont be concerned as long as my other numbers are good.

Last edited:
Id seriously question any endo that thinks 1 shot every 3 weeks is a good medical decision. It would make me question everything else they say and do.

Luckily you can break up your dose like you said.

Is he only giving you 1 vile because the plan is to retest before giving you a second vile? That makes more sense to me if this is his plan. If he's not retesting is he expecting that you make an appoitnment with him just to fill a script? If this is the case he is seriously milking the medical system for cash.

I suspect this is a starting point. With doseage adjusted or not adjusted based on future bloods. I guess time will tell

Went down to WallyMart today and picked up my vial of prescription test. Didnt cost me a penny. Its nice to have benefits. Anyway the cost of the vial if I had of paid for it would actually have been in line with UGL products cost wise. Of course it is only 100mg/ml vs 250mg/ml for most UGL products. The insurance company should like this change as it appears to be cheaper than AndroGel by a fair bit.

20190319_191121.jpg

Went down to WallyMart today and picked up my vial of prescription test. Didnt cost me a penny. Its nice to have benefits. Anyway the cost of the vial if I had of paid for it would actually have been in line with UGL products cost wise. Of course it is only 100mg/ml vs 250mg/ml for most UGL products. The insurance company should like this change as it appears to be cheaper than AndroGel by a fair bit.

View attachment 1493

My doctor is venomous when she speaks of Andro gel. A decade ago when she put me on TRT she insisted on injections right from the start. One day I asked her why she hated gel and she said that it was a complete rip off that they took one of the oldest products around testosterone add a little gel to it and charged a complete fortune for it. She said there was zero R&D cost to recover so it was a pure profit product lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My doctor is venomous when she speaks of Andro gel. A decade ago when she put me on TRT she insisted on injections right from the start. One day I asked her why she hated gel and she said that it was a complete rip off that they took one of the oldest products around testosterone add a little gel to it and charged a complete fortune for it. She said there was zero R&D cost to recover so it was a pure profit product lol

zero is relative to others and still in the 10's of millions at least but yeah, alotta gravy in this product for those fuckers

I’ve heard there’s tons of draw backs about the gel. Just from memory even if you don’t wash your hands perfectly you can transfer to anyone you touch, kids wife... that right there id never even entertain the idea of the gel.

Just from memory even if you don’t wash your hands perfectly you can transfer to anyone you touch, kids wife... that right there id never even entertain the idea of the gel.

You’re right on the nose. This was my argument against gel when my first endo tried to push that trash on me. He was persistent and I ended up getting in line for another endo.

Not worth putting others in harms way!