Extreme fascia stretching for muscle growth

very short on time...

Anecdotal, when I was younger (the 80's) I had an insanely intense deep massage session, lasted about an hour and a half, crazy amounts of what i think we would call fascia planing today, top to bottom, I sweated heavily for about 4 hours after it was done.
It fucking blew me up literally over night. As far as stuff that could be measured the next morning my calves were a half inch bigger and my arms gained just over an inch 17.xx to 18.xx.
I loved it but could hardly move, this dude had made big promises and he backed it up. I assumed this was from better blood flow and inflammation and it would fade away in a day or two.
I was wrong, it never went away, never got smaller than that until I got married and quit training for a few years.

So I don't know exactly what to believe on this one, IOW exactly what happened or does happen, but that's my experience.
Thats interesting, i know massages also rush water to your muscles, giving you an extra pump. I had 2 ex's that were massage therapists and they always preached u mustdri k at least 2 cups of water after to avoid dehydration.
Man i miss daily massages, i got em for the better part of ten years basically everyday... now its been 6 months with nothing, was thinking of getting one but 100$?!?!.....dont realise what u got till its gone lol

I asked my massage therapist today, and she even took the 2 year course on facia stretching.
So I asked her if she thought it would help a muscle group like calves be able to get bigger.

She wasn’t sure, but didn’t think so. At most it may allow a better pump, but couldn’t see extra growth.
I said maybe we would try it on my calves to see. I would have trued this week, but I was a dumb ass and was lifting rotten deck boards, by jumping on the crowbar, and anyone who has done that retarded move, knows what happened next, and yes I now have bruises on one ankle and a shin. Damn that hurt, but it’s been about 30 years since I pulled that stupid move, lol.

I asked my massage therapist today, and she even took the 2 year course on facia stretching.
So I asked her if she thought it would help a muscle group like calves be able to get bigger.

She wasn’t sure, but didn’t think so. At most it may allow a better pump, but couldn’t see extra growth.
I said maybe we would try it on my calves to see. I would have trued this week, but I was a dumb ass and was lifting rotten deck boards, by jumping on the crowbar, and anyone who has done that retarded move, knows what happened next, and yes I now have bruises on one ankle and a shin. Damn that hurt, but it’s been about 30 years since I pulled that stupid move, lol.
tsk, tsk

Kind of mixed views out there about it . I’ve heard it does not much or nothing as well and some people swear by it. I wonder how much has to do with genetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of mixed views out there about it . I’ve heard it does not much or nothing as well and some people swear by it. I wonder how much has to do with genetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be, I have no idea.