Donate blood dumbasses

If you get a req, you can buy the kits from a Canadian company and they will even come over and teach you how.
Unfirtunatky since I didn’t have a prescription they couldn’t sell to me legally, even if I drafted a release form.
I kept their information for the future if things changed for me.
That is some damn useful information. I am liking this forum.

Most important reason to not do a home phlebotomy is that if one was unfortunate enough to lose consciousness it could prove a fatal mistake. I have no issue donating, but I have seen people faint. I would never attempt a home phlebotomy without supervision, and be damned sure you know exactly what the fuck you are doing, lol. This isn't a comment directed at you, but more to anyone considering such a thing.
It's incredible how often people faint even when not giving blood and sometimes it's out of no where. Even if you just have one bag to fill and you pass out because of maybe even a blood sugar thing or a number of other reasons not even a mental thing the needle can still slip out and you still will drain out blood.

Every time i gop to the doctor and have anything done, i then head over to the counter and ask the folks to print my tests off, or what ever i have done off for me. I do it every time i visit.
Costs nothing at all. No digging involved as everything is on line. If i happen to have something done in another province it is not accessible in my province, so i bring it to my doc for his info.
My docs love me as i am informed on myself and keep records like no tomorrow. It is part of what i have to do in my work. As i study vibration analysis, oil samples, thermal imaging, ultrasonic testing and on and on and always tracking trends and baselines for reliability purposes.
I treat my body the same as in essence it is very. very similar.
I am a doctor of equipment in some of the largest heavy industries in the world amigo, with a couple of professional designations in the field and 3 trades tix it comes naturally.
Sorry for rambling, I'm just explaining my deep interest in both and how they interconnect truly in real world.
I have trending programs i input all of my records for myself into as well and can see if anything changes year over year. Its fun.
That’s wicked.
I’m one of those types that pretty much only go when I have something wrong, but I’d like to change that.
I will keep record in the future.

Most important reason to not do a home phlebotomy is that if one was unfortunate enough to lose consciousness it could prove a fatal mistake. I have no issue donating, but I have seen people faint. I would never attempt a home phlebotomy without supervision, and be damned sure you know exactly what the fuck you are doing, lol. This isn't a comment directed at you, but more to anyone considering such a thing.
I told my wife she had to watch me. I watched a ton on vids on getting into the vein, and already practiced with a needle and syringe just for fun.
It’s tricky to do to yourself, but it can be done.

I agree to a point. When you get a bag with 600 ml capacity, it fills...Then stops as it is full. no more blood can enter bag, or leave body.
UNLESS>>>>the needle stays in and bag becomes detached from the line.
It is not the best idea as you mention, but it can be done and i was going to do it if a doc would not have let me do it in clinic.
Anything is possible, but chances of dying are not that high TBH. Unless line becomes detached, which it could if you faint, but it is done siting down.
Sorry not trying to drag on..

@Devson , I'm giving ya good shit here, throw a like my way....LOLOL. JK i can care less, just noted.
When you get good info, polite to like....lol:eek:
I am truly not that sensitive...

Or the needle comes out as you're falling forward. I wouldn't be so worried about the line detaching just the needle coming out of my arm. Drug addicts nod off and rip needles out of their veins often. Those needles are small but the one for giving blood that stuff will pool out so damn quick.

Or the needle comes out as you're falling forward. I wouldn't be so worried about the line detaching just the needle coming out of my arm. Drug addicts nod off and rip needles out of their veins often. Those needles are small but the one for giving blood that stuff will pool out so damn quick.
The hole isn’t that large, you would stop bleeding out of the needle hole eventually, long before you bled to death, it would coagulate first.
If you bought proper gear to take blood, is all attached very well, nothing will pop apart. I believe the needle is permanently bonded to the tube, and then twist locks to the bag.

If needle comes out, nothing happens. It clots...Done...
If needle stays in and line detaches, blood keeps flowing out the line.
You Devson should definitely not do this at home if you do not comprehend this.

The hole isn’t that large, you would stop bleeding out of the needle hole eventually, long before you bled to death, it would coagulate first.
If you bought proper gear to take blood, is all attached very well, nothing will pop apart. I believe the needle is permanently bonded to the tube, and then twist locks to the bag.
The line can come apart right where the needle enters the line if pulled. The nurse always tapes it together as she leaves me after setting up and checking in.
Its hard to kill yourself with these units....BUT, we have weird luck Sorbate, from what i read from you, your luck is similar to mine...Either really really good, or really fucked up luck and not so good, but rare circumstances...lol
My wife makes fun of me all the time. 50 people can be in a line to take a pic with a walrus. I get up to take pic, it pukes in my mouth as im smiling...No joke.
20 people in a dolphin pool, they let the baby out for first time in public..Im standing there and the little bastard keeps coming up and nudging me. I was not paying attention, doing something else. The little bastard bit me and drew blood.
I start yelling...Hey he bit me, the kids start yelling and fleeing to side of the pool. Instructors say "sir, he didn't bite you...wink wink"
I didn't catch on right away, i said damn rights it did, look at this...Blood and teeth marks.
Wife nudges me, i say...Oh it wasn't the dolphin. They come out and take it away..
True story every word. I got a million of them.
Fukn mexico.
Loads of people walking in shallow water on the beach. Good ol iron will gets nailed by a stingray. Locals swoop in, grab a bunch of sea weed, boilsome water, make a brew and apply to my leg. Took me out the rest of the day. It was unreal pain..

The line can come apart right where the needle enters the line if pulled. The nurse always tapes it together as she leaves me after setting up and checking in.
Its hard to kill yourself with these units....BUT, we have weird luck Sorbate, from what i read from you, your luck is similar to mine...Either really really good, or really fucked up luck and not so good, but rare circumstances...lol
My wife makes fun of me all the time. 50 people can be in a line to take a pic with a walrus. I get up to take pic, it pukes in my mouth as im smiling...No joke.
20 people in a dolphin pool, they let the baby out for first time in public..Im standing there and the little bastard keeps coming up and nudging me. I was not paying attention, doing something else. The little bastard bit me and drew blood.
I start yelling...Hey he bit me, the kids start yelling and fleeing to side of the pool. Instructors say "sir, he didn't bite you...wink wink"
I didn't catch on right away, i said damn rights it did, look at this...Blood and teeth marks.
Wife nudges me, i say...Oh it wasn't the dolphin. They come out and take it away..
True story every word. I got a million of them.
Fukn mexico.
Loads of people walking in shallow water on the beach. Good ol iron will gets nailed by a stingray. Locals swoop in, grab a bunch of sea weed, boilsome water, make a brew and apply to my leg. Took me out the rest of the day. It was unreal pain..
Lol, yep we are the same like that.
it’s so bad when shit like that happens we don’t even get upset anymore, it’s like, yep if it was going to happen to someone.

No if I did it at home I totally would get my wife to watch.

Mind you if the nurse at the clinic can, why in the hell would I.

Im going to assume you are upfront with your doctor about taking test for why your hemocrit is high?
The doctor I had before he left after I got blood work back and was perfect, I told him. Saud I wasn’t looking for a script, just wanted to be monitored like I would normally so I knew I was healthy and of something came up then we’d discuss.
He was like, yeah I monitor other guys as well.
‘Then I asked for a hormone panel because I wanted to dial in trt. He was willing.
Too bad he’s gone. But now I need to find a doctor, all there is right now is online ones. Or glorified medicentres.

They have a deadman value that you need to hold open if you faint it will close.

according to this they fully test all blood donations. so if anything is wrong they will discard and notify you as well..
https://www.blood.ca/en/blood/am-i-eligible/abcs-eligibility/false-reactive-test-results
Sorry but I don't see anything there that implies Fully testing. Infectious diseases are only a small but important part of the whole picture. I do know the whole procedure and how I feel about it but will refrain from saying anymore as announcing my personal views may be considered socially or morally irresponsible.

Sorry but I don't see anything there that implies Fully testing. Infectious diseases are only a small but important part of the whole picture. I do know the whole procedure and how I feel about it but will refrain from saying anymore as announcing my personal views may be considered socially or morally irresponsible.
Well they keep taking my disease soaked blood. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️