Donate blood dumbasses

Not sure where this came from. I don’t take accutane
Btw, it’s a question on the list.
I didn't mean to quote your post or target that at you at all I just wanted to say it because I just gave blood and assumed they would check medical files because any drug addict, severely mentally ill or someone who cannot read can walk in and press the green button and sign their name. Luckily I called back just in case and told them. I would not tell them that I was going to be on it for along time because I need to get blood taken again and no one will watch me to do it at home but I'll call back and say the same thing again so they can destroy the batch. I don't think we have flabotamists here to use otherwise and doctors are reluctant to write a prescription for it but I am going to push harder for one.

I didn't mean to quote your post or target that at you at all I just wanted to say it because I just gave blood and assumed they would check medical files because any drug addict, severely mentally ill or someone who cannot read can walk in and press the green button and sign their name. Luckily I called back just in case and told them. I would not tell them that I was going to be on it for along time because I need to get blood taken again and no one will watch me to do it at home but I'll call back and say the same thing again so they can destroy the batch. I don't think we have flabotamists here to use otherwise and doctors are reluctant to write a prescription for it but I am going to push harder for one.
Docs have no problem writing a rec to do it, not a script.
If your numbers are high.
If not then no worries, just do a donation now and then.
I have had many docs write a rec for it in many provinces.
It is a nurse that performs it. I was going to just do my own many years ago, with wife supervising with 600 ml bags, so if it got bad it will only fill that bag and done. I wouldn't recommend it, but i was in need.
Then i found out docs have no issue with it, even the best hematologist in Canada was looking at my case and recommended phlebotomy.
No Phlebotomist required a nurse will do it.
I live at a high elevation in the Rocky mountains so it makes my issue a bit worse than at sea level and there are many folks in the area that get these regularly.

It is a nurse that performs it. I was going to just do my own many years ago, with wife supervising with 600 ml bags, so if it got bad it will only fill that bag and done. I wouldn't recommend it, but i was in need.
Then i found out docs have no issue with it, even the best hematologist in Canada was looking at my case and recommended phlebotomy.
I live at a high elevation in the Rocky mountains so it makes my issue a bit worse than at sea level and there are many folks in the area that get these regularly.
Are you on prescribed trt?
If so I bet that makes a difference between self prescribed.
I could see a doc saying to stop using if it was self prescribed to reduce hemocrit.
I bet then you need to try and convince them. Depending on the doctor of course.
I had a good one when I had one. Too bad he left the province.

I could see a doc saying to stop using if it was self prescribed to reduce hemocrit.
I bet then you need to try and convince them. Depending on the doctor of course.

I've tried three doctors and they all said no and I am on prescribed TRT. Actually one doctor said oh you better come off the TRT and I asked well what am I supposed to do about all the problems that are related to why I am on it. He said he doesn't know. My hemocrit is 150 and the last doctor I talked to said they don't even do flabotamys for that but I think where I failed was I didn't say I have done it before because they first asked how do I usually do it. So next time I will say I need a requisition for it for so and so reason.

Nope, No TRT.
I just go in and ask to get bloodwork. I always keep my records of anything from medical side. I bring those along with me and i never, ever have an issue.
My record keeping is what helps. As well the Hemo numbers are 125-170 range. I've been up to 200 and more, now around 185, and going down. So if you are in range you will not get a phlebotomy, nor should someone do so.
Donating every 6 weeks or so is good to get fresh platelets etc, but you will not get a phlebotomy in my experience in range. I can't get one until above 180, with symptoms. @Devson

I have all my medical papers for every visit since 2002. Every one....lol
Its cool as i can look at my trends. I also make notes as to what i did to rectify any items of concern i have ever had come up. Thankfully there has been almost none except blood.
Very minor Pancreas issues for a short while as i was eating wayyyyy too many nuts for a long time, cleared right up after i went to normal dose of nuts....

Nope, No TRT.
I just go in and ask to get bloodwork. I always keep my records of anything from medical side. I bring those along with me and i never, ever have an issue.
My record keeping is what helps. As well the Hemo numbers are 125-170 range. I've been up to 200 and more, now around 185, and going down. So if you are in range you will not get a phlebotomy, nor should someone do so.
Donating every 6 weeks or so is good to get fresh platelets etc, but you will not get a phlebotomy in my experience in range. I can't get one until above 180, with symptoms. @Devson
I wasn’t wanting phlebotomy if I was within range. Only if I’m out if range. I want to be able to run cycles and if I cant get rid of blood, I won’t be able to.
my hemocrit stays low of im doing trt.

I have all my medical papers for every visit since 2002. Every one....lol
Its cool as i can look at my trends. I also make notes as to what i did to rectify any items of concern i have ever had come up. Thankfully there has been almost none except blood.
Very minor Pancreas issues for a short while as i was eating wayyyyy too many nuts for a long time, cleared right up after i went to normal dose of nuts....
2002? My file is an encyclopedia from that date. We should all keep our files.

I've tried three doctors and they all said no and I am on prescribed TRT. Actually one doctor said oh you better come off the TRT and I asked well what am I supposed to do about all the problems that are related to why I am on it. He said he doesn't know. My hemocrit is 150 and the last doctor I talked to said they don't even do flabotamys for that but I think where I failed was I didn't say I have done it before because they first asked how do I usually do it. So next time I will say I need a requisition for it for so and so reason.
If you get a req, you can buy the kits from a Canadian company and they will even come over and teach you how.
Unfirtunatky since I didn’t have a prescription they couldn’t sell to me legally, even if I drafted a release form.
I kept their information for the future if things changed for me.

I’ve never been offered a file? Ow do you get that?
You have to ask at both your local hospital (for surgeries) and your family GP (for mundane stuff). Depending on what you are looking for, there may be some digging involved on the records people part. The last time I got mine, it cost me $40.00, and it was just for my Achilles Tendon surgery. Eventually, it will be electronic and more accessible.

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help.
Thanks didn't know this, but almost all people that donate - donate because their hematocrit, hemoglobin is high mid cycle. AI is often run with your cycle so we are all doing it wrong? is there a list that can tell us when to stop the meds before donation? finasteride and AI is pretty common for most guys so this throws everything off.

maybe donate and than tell them after you forgot your on such and such so 1. you get to donate and 2. they can throw it away and no harm is done?

I’ve never been offered a file? Ow do you get that?

Every time i gop to the doctor and have anything done, i then head over to the counter and ask the folks to print my tests off, or what ever i have done off for me. I do it every time i visit.
Costs nothing at all. No digging involved as everything is on line. If i happen to have something done in another province it is not accessible in my province, so i bring it to my doc for his info.
My docs love me as i am informed on myself and keep records like no tomorrow. It is part of what i have to do in my work. As i study vibration analysis, oil samples, thermal imaging, ultrasonic testing and on and on and always tracking trends and baselines for reliability purposes.
I treat my body the same as in essence it is very. very similar.
I am a doctor of equipment in some of the largest heavy industries in the world amigo, with a couple of professional designations in the field and 3 trades tix it comes naturally.
Sorry for rambling, I'm just explaining my deep interest in both and how they interconnect truly in real world.
I have trending programs i input all of my records for myself into as well and can see if anything changes year over year. Its fun.

2002? My file is an encyclopedia from that date. We should all keep our files.
That is when i commenced keeping track fully. I have random ones from previously, but in 02 i knew i was in this for a long haul.

Thanks didn't know this, but almost all people that donate - donate because their hematocrit, hemoglobin is high mid cycle. AI is often run with your cycle so we are all doing it wrong? is there a list that can tell us when to stop the meds before donation? finasteride and AI is pretty common for most guys so this throws everything off.

maybe donate and than tell them after you forgot your on such and such so 1. you get to donate and 2. they can throw it away and no harm is done?
The best advice I can give is to make a call to Canadian Blood Services. They will tell you how long you have to be off of which drugs prior to donating. If you want to reduce hematocrit why not get a requisition from your GP for a phlebotomy? That way it is covered through OHIP.

CBS is a not-for-profit that serves an important purpose. I don't agree with using their resources to no benefit of anyone but yourself, and I don't consider that as 'no harm done.' I get that you want to donate, but the whole idea of donating is to both benefit yourself as well as serve a societal benefit. If you donate a couple times a year you should be able to pick a window when you can be off of those meds for the required amount of time.

Also, if you donate, then call and have the donation destroyed, I'm betting that info is kept on record, as well as the reason it needed to be destroyed, which may eventually result in not having any means to donate aside from obtaining a phlebotomy.

The best advice I can give is to make a call to Canadian Blood Services. They will tell you how long you have to be off of which drugs prior to donating. If you want to reduce hematocrit why not get a requisition from your GP for a phlebotomy? That way it is covered through OHIP.

CBS is a not-for-profit that serves an important purpose. I don't agree with using their resources to no benefit of anyone but yourself, and I don't consider that as 'no harm done.' I get that you want to donate, but the whole idea of donating is to both benefit yourself as well as serve a societal benefit. If you donate a couple times a year you should be able to pick a window when you can be off of those meds for the required amount of time.

Also, if you donate, then call and have the donation destroyed, I'm betting that info is kept on record, as well as the reason it needed to be destroyed, which may eventually result in not having any means to donate aside from obtaining a phlebotomy.
Yup. I would like to donate but closest donation facility is 4 hours away. I go off all drugs prior to donation and they love my blood. O negative and full of platelets.
I also do not advise doing home phlebotomies as you do not know your numbers so it can go awry, especially iron loads. No need to do phlebotomy if in check with hemo digits. To get fresh platelets is nice, but one should know their numbers prior to doing anything, if numbers are out of range, they can give a rec.
CBS is a great service and in dire need these days.

Yup. I would like to donate but closest donation facility is 4 hours away. I go off all drugs prior to donation and they love my blood. O negative and full of platelets.
I also do not advise doing home phlebotomies as you do not know your numbers so it can go awry, especially iron loads. No need to do phlebotomy if in check with hemo digits. To get fresh platelets is nice, but one should know their numbers prior to doing anything, if numbers are out of range, they can give a rec.
CBS is a great service and in dire need these days.
Most important reason to not do a home phlebotomy is that if one was unfortunate enough to lose consciousness it could prove a fatal mistake. I have no issue donating, but I have seen people faint. I would never attempt a home phlebotomy without supervision, and be damned sure you know exactly what the fuck you are doing, lol. This isn't a comment directed at you, but more to anyone considering such a thing.