Do you enjoy being on TRT?

Evil Spock

Trusted Member
this is an earnest question. do you like being on TRT or if you could go back, would you prefer to go back to the normal you experienced before low test symptoms?
when i trained with other lifters, a lot of guys seem to dream of the day they could go to their doctors and get a prescription. is it a better quality of life? is it a license to cycle any time and any way you want? or would you rather go back to not pinning every week, ancillaries, blood work...?
i want to know because while im doing ok and my test bloods are excellent... for my age, im not my awesome 40yr old self. i dont want to live forever. i just care about quality of life. im hoping to die in violent misadventure. not in a bed being cared for.

I wish i would of waited longer. Im only 36 and have been on trt for 3 years. But theres not really any going back now. I like trt better except when my estrogen gets outta wack. Constant blood work and donations are the negatives. But i found it hard to keep muscle after cycles Naturally.

I remember when I was 18 and had low test levels and wanted trt, ended up going on gear. Will admit being on testosterone you feel better, almost super human.

but I decided to get off for now anyways.

don’t feel much different, other than not feeling on top of the world and my physique isn’t as good. Found it’s harder to stay lean but I kept my strength and muscle just fine, but blood tests/health markers all improved drastically. After knowing that, I don’t plan to go back on, unless they find a different way to boost testosterone levels naturally that works, I don’t know if I’d use testosterone.

just my personal opinion as I haven’t looked into it that much but I think the way injectable testosterone keeps your levels chronically elevated is the issue. Naturally your testosterone levels go up and down day to day and during the day in response to certain factors, as well as work with other pathways in the body. It doesn’t do that with injectable testosterone, I actually think that’s the case with injectable hgh as well which is why I don’t use it anymore.

I've tried but feel like utter garbage. Been on it for almost 10 years now. Debate from time to time seeking out a doc that knows their shit and seeing if there isn't a way to get off it but still feel good. Hooked to a degree sadly I think.

I honestly don't know how long I was low T for but I'm guessing a very long time I just kind of learned to live with how I felt? I didn't just suddenly hit a point where I was like hmmmm somethings changed I should do blood work. So I really have no memory of what normal natural test levels was like. I probably wouldn't go back though like I idea of keeping higher levels as I age, I stay lean year round pretty and maintain muscle alot easier.

i had low t for 2 years before going to get bloods and noticed the changes right away even while getting dialed in

I hesitated in writing this, but I hate having to inject test, or other compounds.
At first when I was learning it was a novelty and I embraced it, sometimes injecting up to 5 times a day with slin pins.
But now I’m tired of the whole thing.
Truthfully I wish my test levels were like they were when I was 25 and didn’t use gear and trained and looked great.

Here is my reasoning. I don’t enjoy the sides. I know a lot of people think they have good gear if they get them, or that their cycle is great, but I don’t enjoy it. I just want the energy and gains, nothing else.

Plus each drug has its own sides and then I need to decide if I want to deal with it.

Lately I’ve been going thru a bit of bad luck injecting. Almost a year apart I got celluitis, the first one I know what I did, the second, I have no fucking clue. Followed my normal procedure like I always do hundreds of times,
Then I do 5 good shots, and do a delt shot, great that day, unbelievable pip the next 3. I thought I had another infection, but thought no way, wasn’t the same gear, not backloading slin pins and so on, I improved my protocol to be sure, no mistakes. It wasn’t an infection, but damn it swelled. I tossed what was left of that vial.

So now I’m getting paranoid to inject. Fuck before the first infection, I never swabbed, stuck myself out of the shower as I was shitting on the toilet, no issues, now I’m fucking perfect and get pip or an infection. Go figure.

But I’m too far in now, I havnt been off for 6 year, 10 months shy of 50. No turning back now. Plus I know my test was in the shitter before I started using gear. So I won’t go back, but I’m not feeling the joy right now.

Mind you when I went to a new guy for deep tissue massage, he didn’t look at my age, so as we were talking and I was teliing him I was 49, he blurted out that I was in fantastic shape especially for my age. So moments like that remind me why I do this. But I am tired of the whole thing.

I don’t even want to get into the whole balancing your estrogen, or your labido thing.

Anyhow moral to my story, don’t run year round if you are young and still bouncing back. Trt is not the same as your bodies natural production.

Lately I’ve been going thru a bit of bad luck injecting. Almost a year apart I got celluitis, the first one I know what I did, the second, I have no fucking clue. Followed my normal procedure like I always do hundreds of times,
Then I do 5 good shots, and do a delt shot, great that day, unbelievable pip the next 3. I thought I had another infection, but thought no way, wasn’t the same gear, not backloading slin pins and so on, I improved my protocol to be sure, no mistakes. It wasn’t an infection, but damn it swelled. I tossed what was left of that vial.

So now I’m getting paranoid to inject. Fuck before the first infection, I never swabbed, stuck myself out of the shower as I was shitting on the toilet, no issues, now I’m fucking perfect and get pip or an infection. Go figure.
@Sorbate - fuck, this is where I'm at! Just picked up Cephalexin this afternoon for an infection. Second in about a year (same spot). I'm ocd with cleanliness and my prep protocol/ritual, it's been the same for almost a decade...never had an issue previously. Frustrating as all hell.

@Sorbate - fuck, this is where I'm at! Just picked up Cephalexin this afternoon for an infection. Second in about a year (same spot). I'm ocd with cleanliness and my prep protocol/ritual, it's been the same for almost a decade...never had an issue previously. Frustrating as all hell.
And I know it’s not the gear, because I used two different vials from two different suppliers.
I keep my stuff in a very clean place, in a safe in a dry room.
I have no fucking clue.
I used to backload slin pins, use the same syringe to backload until the writing was gone, didn’t have issues for 5 years. Hundreds and hundreds of needles, I would get out of the shower and inject, no swab, no issues.

Now my first infection I know what I did. I hadn’t pinned my tri in a while, so after I rubbed my feet with athletes food medication I felt the area I was going to pin without washing my hands first, then I pinned, the second I stuck the needle in I thought, shit, I just gave myself an infection, then I hoped I was wrong, but I wasn’t.

The second one in my thigh, I gave no fucking idea, I pinned at night, wipped twice before pinning, and got celluitis.

Then 5 pins later my delt, with a different vial of test from a different supplier. It swelled so bad I thought I had an infection, but it never turned red, or traveled down my arm like celluitis normally does. Funny thing is, I used half that vial with no issues.

That was my last injection, now I’m paranoid.

Im not on trt really, i just never come off. I did for a while when we were trying to have kids but it turns out she's a long shot for pregnancy. I was ok with being off but i prefer to have something in me.
I dont mega dose anymore and i dont think i ever will again but off will probably never happen again

I hesitated in writing this, but I hate having to inject test, or other compounds.
At first when I was learning it was a novelty and I embraced it, sometimes injecting up to 5 times a day with slin pins.
Truthfully I wish my test levels were like they were when I was 25 and didn’t use gear and trained and looked great.

Here is my reasoning. I don’t enjoy the sides. I know a lot of people think they have good gear if they get them, or that their cycle is great, but I don’t enjoy it. I just want the energy and gains, nothing else.

Plus each drug has its own sides and then I need to decide if I want to deal with it.

But I’m too far in now, I havnt been off for 6 year, 10 months shy of 50. No turning back now. Plus I know my test was in the shitter before I started using gear. So I won’t go back, but I’m not feeling the joy right now.

Mind you when I went to a new guy for deep tissue massage, he didn’t look at my age, so as we were talking and I was teliing him I was 49, he blurted out that I was in fantastic shape especially for my age. So moments like that remind me why I do this. But I am tired of the whole thing.

I don’t even want to get into the whole balancing your estrogen, or your labido thing.

Anyhow moral to my story, don’t run year round if you are young and still bouncing back. Trt is not the same as your bodies natural production.
Could be an immune system/circulation issue if you’re constantly getting infections. I didn’t read much into it but remember reading about circulation problems making people prone to infections or if you’re on immunosuppressants

Ever try the gel?
I know a lot of people think it’s gel, so it’s doesn’t work as welll as injects but earlier this year when I decided I was done with gear my endo prescribed me gel to wean off, it made the world of a difference and I was using an extremely low dose. Trt gel prescriptions are 5-10g a day, I was using 2.5g just to hold me off until my HPTA restarted. I can only imagine 5-10g of the gel would have worked just as good as trt doses injections and the data shows it doesn’t cause the RBC and estrogen spikes either like injections do.

My test levels on 2.5g of the gel was still low, borderline under the normal range, but it didn’t feel low which is all I cared about.

have to say, I don’t miss sticking a needle in my leg one bit even though I pretty much had no pip. Hoping they’ll invent something better than injections by the time I’m older

I thought you dont use alcohol wipes? Maybe time to start...lol

@Sorbate i too was hesitant to write this.....TRT is not love- hate but the last year or so its love-meh

I love how i feel and look. But for the first 10 years on Dr prescribed TRT no issues everything perfect, but this past year i am all of a sudden having some unwanted sides.

I do believe that my original hypothesis that your body changes over time and you have to get redialed appears to be true for me and things are not going in the direction i want. Hope i am wrong but starting to look that way.

That said going back is not an option. What i was like before TRT was horrible and very limited quality of life. If people have a choice they should not put themselves on TRT, hold off as long as you can. Cycle and then be off. Quality of life dependent on a medication is not ideal.

Like others my trt was unavoidable, there was no quality of life. Sure, I did gear when I was younger, but I never did that much, and there were other contributing factors that resulted in low T. For the first two years I really enjoyed trt, but then the sides became too much, which is why I've embraced true trt. I've never had my pregnanolone and DHEA checked. My LH and FSH is nearly non-existent, as is to be expected, but my memory is not where it should be. I won't accept that a year or two older means I'm suddenly forgetful and unable to recall info I've studied. I'm nearly certain my cognition and libido are linked to low pregnanolone and DHEA, but I won't know for certain until I get a blood test from my endo.

Presently, I don't love how I feel. As for pinning, I could care less. It's an inconvenience, but two or three shots per week vs daily gel, there's no debate. If pregnanolone and dhea are low, then it will be two more shots for hcg. Again, I don't care so long as I can get done what needs to get done, which has not been the case for months. I'm literally months behind in my preparations for a career change. There's too much of life I'm missing out on, and that pisses me off.

Last edited:
I thought you dont use alcohol wipes? Maybe time to start...lol
I started using alcohol wipes after my first infection, which I got because I contaminated thexsite with my finger. It wasn’t a cleanliness issue, it was I’m a dumbass issue.

I think I just started to get too lax, at first I’d brush my teeth just to be sure, lol. Didn’t want to breathe stink breath on anything.

this is an earnest question. do you like being on TRT or if you could go back, would you prefer to go back to the normal you experienced before low test symptoms?
when i trained with other lifters, a lot of guys seem to dream of the day they could go to their doctors and get a prescription. is it a better quality of life? is it a license to cycle any time and any way you want? or would you rather go back to not pinning every week, ancillaries, blood work...?
i want to know because while im doing ok and my test bloods are excellent... for my age, im not my awesome 40yr old self. i dont want to live forever. i just care about quality of life. im hoping to die in violent misadventure. not in a bed being cared for.

100% I would prefer to have my normal test production.. Its WAY healthier to have the natural pulses as opposed to contant levels (with the up and downs between shots)... I'm also 100% convinced my test levels pre TRT were much higher than my doctor will let me go.. I also think (no proof) that if your body is able to deal with estorgen levels better with natural production vs trt all things the same.. So for example if my body can get me around 24 free test average vs 24 injection average, I think naturlaly being 24 your body deals with the estrogen/hormone balance much better.