Deep tissue massage

TinyTim79

Trusted Member
Well, I finally went in for my first deep tissue massage.
Years I've been skeptical about them.

Was I wrong!
I can't believe how amazing I feel today...
I have been in and out of physio for years with tennis elbow... my arm hurts every workout.
I haven't had my arm feel this good in 5 years!!

Now the pain of the massage was very hard to tolerate... she found the knots and scar tissue and worked the crap out of those areas...

Basically, if you are on the fence about getting a deep tissue massage.....go do it!!!
Trust me best thing I've done for my physical health in a long time!!
Best part, most benefits will cover it!!

The few times I've gotten deep tissue massage I'm more sore the next couple days than any workout and it blows my routine for the week. I cant take that kind of downtime anymore. Sounds like you found someone that might know the fine line between massage and torture

I got myself a Theragun to work some areas myself and I'm loving it, but as for physcal massage I'm sticking with the more relaxing one I get from girls that are not covered by my benifits if you know what I mean ;)

Well, I finally went in for my first deep tissue massage.
Years I've been skeptical about them.

Was I wrong!
I can't believe how amazing I feel today...
I have been in and out of physio for years with tennis elbow... my arm hurts every workout.
I haven't had my arm feel this good in 5 years!!

Now the pain of the massage was very hard to tolerate... she found the knots and scar tissue and worked the crap out of those areas...

Basically, if you are on the fence about getting a deep tissue massage.....go do it!!!
Trust me best thing I've done for my physical health in a long time!!
Best part, most benefits will cover it!!
The more you do it and the more the knots leave, the less pain you will get, actually to the point where its usually not painful.

I go every month for an hour, at first it was once a week for an hour, then every 2 weeks for an hour.

Now its just maintenance.

Once you get range of motion back you will be even happier.

I have already booked my whole years appointment. If you find a good one, which it seems like you have, they are in demand.

You will also not get as sore between sessions the more oyu go and the looser you get.

The few times I've gotten deep tissue massage I'm more sore the next couple days than any workout and it blows my routine for the week. I cant take that kind of downtime anymore. Sounds like you found someone that might know the fine line between massage and torture

I got myself a Theragun to work some areas myself and I'm loving it, but as for physcal massage I'm sticking with the more relaxing one I get from girls that are not covered by my benifits if you know what I mean ;)
You want pain, ask to get your pecs released, or your calves, lol.

For sure! I've tried everything Chiro and all that but I decided I'll probably use all my benefits this year on deep tissue massage.
I've always gone to female massage therapists but the last few have been not very strong.
So yesterday I went and got a massage from a male therapist and it was probably one of the better massages of my life. Big farmer hands it was glorious šŸ˜‚
Yeah and the more you go the less sore you are the next day, I had a great back workout today!

The female I use is good. Elbows a lot. But I donā€™t get much pain anymore.
Its not just how hard they push, but feeling the muscle to see if itā€™s releasing.

I have been going to the same person for 3 years. She was literally a life saver.
I had a nerve in my lower trap that was being compressed in a knot of muscle. I had tried everything.
tb500
bpc157
chiro
Physio (did get some results from that but he also did massage to an extent)
accupuncture
Xrays to see if there was nerves being pinched by disc issues.

Nothing was conculsive.

I was in pain for 5 years and it progressively got worse. In the beguining by days end at work, it would feel like I was being stabbed with a burning hot knife in the top of my forearm.

Then it progressed into aching pain in my left arm, thumb and index finger would fall fall asleep, other times my pinky finger and ring finger.

Driving was excruciating. Just the angle I sat created so much pain in my arm, I would hold it above my head and rest my forearm on the top of my head to get relief. Long drives I had to take Advil and Tylenol for pain relief, constantly trying to position my left arm to get relief because it would only be temporary.

Then it got worse, the pain would be in my neck, burning pain at the base, my shoulder felt like the joint was gone, it would crack and pop, I could hardly sleep, no position would give comfort for more than 10 minutes. Taking Advil with robax every 4 hours then take Tylenol with robax every 4 hours, so every 2 hours I was taking something while awake so I could work without extreme pain. At home Iā€™d tough it out.

Lifting my arm would help in extreme bouts of pain, I would get angry and yell, ā€œgo away fucking painā€ because it would be the most pain I had ever had in my life. Now remember I can stab my arm and keep working, get hernia surgery and be working in a week, Iā€™m not a pussy with pain, my tolerance is really high.

So it got to the point where I went to the doctor, they couldnā€™t figure it out after tests, only offered 24 Tylenol 3, thatā€™s it, all I wanted to do was sleep. I actually kinda begged for some relief.

So I got desperate, bought t1ā€˜s and started to cold water extract the codeine. Was taking about 80 mg 3 times a day, the caffine was fine during the day, but you canā€™t sleep, but I could work.

Then I started to get worried that maybe not enough Tylenol was getting filtered out and I didnā€™t want to kill my liver, so I asked a friend for some morphine. He had a bunch of short acting hydromorphine pills from all his back surgeries, gave me 300 pills. I was taking about 60-80 mg at a shot.

Iā€™d get super high for about 30 minutes, had to be careful working, then Iā€™d get about 60 minutes of clarity, zero pain, and Iā€™d run as fast as I could to get my work done while pain free, then it would come back. After a month my tongue started to peel from the dry mouth. I knew I couldn't keep this up.

I was at the point that my life sucked so fucking bad and if this was how it was going to be from now on, I was seriously going to kill myself, I checked to make sure my wife would still get my life insurance and she would. All I did was work and try and sleep.

Then I was chatting with a customer who powerlifted, telling him what was going on. He said, ā€œfuck the rest go to massage therapy, find someone who strips the length of the muscle and go every weekā€

We had a place next door to the shop. I booked and went.

It was brutal at the start, the next day pain would be worse, then it would subside a tiny bit. I went every week for3 months, worked on it at home a bit myself, now that I finally thought I knew what it was, her elbow would bounce over the knots, I had 8 on both sides, huge ones in my traps from upper trap, all the way to lower trap. I would roll on the wall with a lacrosse ball in a sock (this way you donā€™t drop it), and bounce over all the lumps, trying to slowly grind them out.

Anyhow after 3 months I changed to every 2 weeks, the pain has massively subsided, I could sleep again, it would irritate from working, but it was slowly getting better, I kept on it myself as well.

After 18 months I changed to once a month. I was now down to 2 lumps in my left trap from 8, and they were far smaller, now the right trap started to act up, I was told because now that the pain was gone on one side, it was the other sides turn, lol.

Anyhow 3 years later I go once a month wether I need it or not. I do not want that pain coming back again. I am completely pain free. The shoulder pain I had for years is gone.

My left hand still shakes a bit, but I likely have a bit of nerve damage after 7 years of being compressed. But it doesnā€™t effect anything.

This is why I push massage therapy so much. I have learned so much, and believe that the vast majority of our injuries is from tight muscles causing poor movement. Or trapped nerves. Poor movements over years causes joint issues.

I thanked my massage therapist after about a year, told her that my pain was so extreme that I was seriously going to kill myself because of it and after years of trying to figure it out, couldnā€™t believe it was something as simple as a tight muscle knot restricting the nerve and itā€™s proper movement. So that she essentially saved my life.

I know this sounds too much, but the pain was that bad, Iā€™d groan, swear, scream, nothing would make it go away. Worst pain in my whole life. After my last colon surgery where the took out 10ā€ of my colon, that wasnā€™t pain, it was nothing, I didnā€™t even use pain meds the second day after surgery, and I was offered a spinal tap because of the extreme pain they thought Iā€™d be in, shit I went home in 3 days, was working after 7. So when I say it was bad, it was a 20 out of 10, so when I say extreme pain, I mean extreme pain. And I was in this kind of pain for over a year.

Anyhow thatā€™s my stupidly long story.

So my moral is go to massage therapy, go enough for it to work, it takes months to undo years of tension.

Last edited:
You want pain, ask to get your pecs released, or your calves, lol.

Yeah buddy!
Last time I went my guy started on my one calf a touch abruptly and I kicked him with my other foot instinctually. Usually I love the challenge of remaining calm but I need to be ready not surprised. Felt bad and apologized profusely, he was cool about it thankfully.

Yeah buddy!
Last time I went my guy started on my one calf a touch abruptly and I kicked him with my other foot instinctually. Usually I love the challenge of remaining calm but I need to be ready not surprised. Felt bad and apologized profusely, he was cool about it thankfully.
I'm sick and I actually like the pain. I feel awake afterwards.

Deep tissue massage and yoga keep me going. Without yoga, Iā€™d be fucked. Deep tissue massage once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw man.. she used her elbows in my quads.. so much pain ..but a good pain.. she hit my injection sites.. and must have felt the scar tissue. Because she worked that area hard... quads hurt the most.. calves were a close 2nd...
Was strongly pleasurable lol..
I felt a bit awkward at first.. when she told me to strip down.. said I could leave underwear on if I wanted...
Not sure what the standard protocol is on that lol... do people normally go nude??
Lol...
Made me shy a little lol

Aw man.. she used her elbows in my quads.. so much pain ..but a good pain.. she hit my injection sites.. and must have felt the scar tissue. Because she worked that area hard... quads hurt the most.. calves were a close 2nd...
Was strongly pleasurable lol..
I felt a bit awkward at first.. when she told me to strip down.. said I could leave underwear on if I wanted...
Not sure what the standard protocol is on that lol... do people normally go nude??
Lol...
Made me shy a little lol
I wear underware and socks. No one needs to see my ugly feet.

I wear underware and socks. No one needs to see my ugly feet.
Lol.. I was more embarrassed about taking socks off than boxers.. but still left them on.. didn't want to seem inappropriate...
But It wasn't as good when she hit the gluten with the boxers on as it was with the rest of the body on bare skin... but still felt awkward lol

Lol.. I was more embarrassed about taking socks off than boxers.. but still left them on.. didn't want to seem inappropriate...
But It wasn't as good when she hit the gluten with the boxers on as it was with the rest of the body on bare skin... but still felt awkward lol
I leave the gaunch on but I always say something like "I'm leaving them on out of respect but please don't let that stop you from getting to anything that needs work"

Never failed to get appropriate care that way yet.

I wear tighty whities, but she moves them out of the way if she needs to hit an area.

From what I hear about 50% will bang you for a tip, lol.

The one I go to told me that. She said she wasnā€™t that type, but would put my head between her tits when she rubbed my back, rubbing her tits on me, lol. Also noticed scars on my chest (I had cut myself with a knife twice while boning deers late at night and too tired to work) that she shouldnā€™t have seen unless she was peeking when I was rolling over.

Mind you its kinda my fault, I couldn't help but to flirt a bit, like one time she was talking about how she never really wore makeup, and I stated, well if someone is natural really good looking they donā€™t need it. Oh I got boob rubs that day, lol.

Anyhow I had no real interest, was just having fun so I got my wife going to her and that all ended, no more boob rubs.

Pecs was by far the most painful.

Last edited:
Sounds like you went through some bullshit there sorbate, I'm the same I don't take the pain meds unless I need them but taking all that codeine like you said I wouldn't shit right for a month! Only took one t3 after my nose surgery last month and I remembered why I can't take them!
And my one trap and one forearm we're so fucking painful he stripped the forearm like you said I guess that's what it is and holy shit!
I'm going to start using the lacrosse ball with the sock why did I never think of that it's always falling thank you!

Sounds like you went through some bullshit there sorbate, I'm the same I don't take the pain meds unless I need them but taking all that codeine like you said I wouldn't shit right for a month! Only took one t3 after my nose surgery last month and I remembered why I can't take them!
And my one trap and one forearm we're so fucking painful he stripped the forearm like you said I guess that's what it is and holy shit!
I'm going to start using the lacrosse ball with the sock why did I never think of that it's always falling thank you!
I was taking restorlax at the same time. You take that and fibre and you will poop pretty much no matter what. Now I'm not going to say you'l feel good gut wise, lol.

I won't take credit for the sock thing, I saw it on you tube. I'm not that smart, lol. BTW a small paint roller is great for forearms. You know the ones with the tiny foam roller.

The heated bamboo deep fibre massage therapy does a pretty good job.

Ashiatsu massage therapy (they stand on you and hold onto bars on the ceiling using their body weight and feet) can get in there pretty good also.

The heated bamboo deep fibre massage therapy does a pretty good job.

Ashiatsu massage therapy (they stand on you and hold onto bars on the ceiling using their body weight and feet) can get in there pretty good also.
My dad had a slipped disc when we were small and he would get us to walk on his back.

Deep tissue is extremely beneficial..quads, rhomboids, biceps/forearms, pecs etcā€¦.wait until he/she gets into your obliques and abs or psoasā€¦..thatā€™s real fun LOL