Cutting weight

You need to not just reduce calories, you need to switch macros. More good fats, and saturated is good fat...More protein and less carbs, you should not feel weak after reducing calories to a huge extent if you do it correctly..
This 100%, it took me a while to figure out, as my carbs lower my fats go up, protein usually stays about the same,

Cardio is a must start at a minimum of 20 minutes a day and either increase the duration or add another session in

I personally like incline walking with a weight vest

This 100%, it took me a while to figure out, as my carbs lower my fats go up, protein usually stays about the same,

Cardio is a must start at a minimum of 20 minutes a day and either increase the duration or add another session in

I personally like incline walking with a weight vest
Its all about keeping insulin spikes down as much as possible with carbs lower and only at certain times it works. You do want your insulin pulses for certain as they are anabolic in and of themselves, but you need to be sure what you are eating with them, what the carb source is and the rate of glucose release etc. High gi and low gi comes into the factor big time. I dont believe in practicing the zero carbs approach for long periods, short term its great depending on your goals. But control the type of Carbs and when you eat them and what you are eating with them for the success...
Fats create zero insulin spike, protein as well depending on the type of protein and what you eat with it has an insulin pulse as well..Fats do not...I can go on and on on the topic, but i think that all will get the gist of my meaning.

Its all about keeping insulin spikes down as much as possible with carbs lower and only at certain times it works. You do want your insulin pulses for certain as they are anabolic in and of themselves, but you need to be sure what you are eating with them, what the carb source is and the rate of glucose release etc. High gi and low gi comes into the factor big time. I dont believe in practicing the zero carbs approach for long periods, short term its great depending on your goals. But control the type of Carbs and when you eat them and what you are eating with them for the success...
Fats create zero insulin spike, protein as well depending on the type of protein and what you eat with it has an insulin pulse as well..Fats do not...I can go on and on on the topic, but i think that all will get the gist of my meaning.
I've been reading a lot about timing spikes, as I want to use a time keto approach, but it's mainly high gi carbs used in this way, gunna.play with this idea a little.come winter and see how my body reacts

When I'm cutting weight would I just lower carbs and make up for that percentage of caloric intake with extra protein and keep lifting weights or do some just cut down their entire caloric intake? Lastly would one keep lifting weights regularly or just do cardio as less calories may effect strength and gains
Keep carbs high to energize your workouts. They get a bad rep but carbs will keep you fuller than fat.

80% of feeling full comes down to the stretch receptors in your stomach. When your stomach stretches it sends a signal to your brain that you're full.

So eating higher volume foods will keep you feeling fuller than otherwise while in a deficit.

carbs and protein = 4 cals per gram
fat = 9 cals per gram

Fat won't fill you up nearly as much as carbs or protein.

Water and fiber rich foods help to add volume too.

Also u have cells that crave sugar even when your not hungry just for dopamine so the craving is always something people have to learn to curb
Improving yourself in any way tends to be a painful experience no matter how you go about it unfortunately...

Check out "How Not to Diet" by Dr. Gregor. He's got a ton of fat burning hacks in there it's pretty crazy.

Keep carbs high to energize your workouts. They get a bad rep but carbs will keep you fuller than fat.

80% of feeling full comes down to the stretch receptors in your stomach. When your stomach stretches it sends a signal to your brain that you're full.

So eating higher volume foods will keep you feeling fuller than otherwise while in a deficit.

carbs and protein = 4 cals per gram
fat = 9 cals per gram

Fat won't fill you up nearly as much as carbs or protein.

Water and fiber rich foods help to add volume too.
I’m not even touching this but not accurate is all I have time to say. Stick around to learn and grow… yikes, you will learn a lot here if that’s your current view. Welcome aboard.

I’m not even touching this but not accurate is all I have time to say. Stick around to learn and grow… yikes, you will learn a lot here if that’s your current view. Welcome aboard.
Nutrition is my obsession, I'm actually in school to become a Registered Dietitian and I've studied well over 10,000 hours in my own time over the past decade.

What do you think is wrong about it?

Appreciate the welcome in spite of our differences brother :)

Could start with 100 Test, 100 Primo. To cruise and cut.

I'm currently running 100 Test and 100 Mast, cutting as well.

Find your maintenance, cut your calories by 500. Weigh yourself at the same time once a week, aim for about 2lbs loss per week. If losing more, bump calories up, if losing less, bump calories down. Keep protein the same 1g per lb of body weight to keep it simple is plenty. You will want the carbs for strength and performance in the gym, also help to try and get a pump.
I am just jumping in on this thread for weight. I am currently 286.2 lbs, and I'm starting to clean up my diet from shit food. 5- 6 meals a day. figure out my protein based on 1 g per lb of my current body weight? Looking to jump down to the 230 lb weight again. Carbs has always been my enemy, and over eating.

Does anyone know how much truth there is to carbs having a muscle-sparing effect? I believe the theory I read was that it allows less protein to be used for energy, leaving more to be synthesized. I then looked further and they said it would actually work better for synthesis than eating more protein. I read for example a 200lbs person, 225 carb 225 protein is better than 150 carb 300 protein for preserving muscle (disregarding fats in this example and calorie need) in a deficit. I also do know that protein sources tend to lead to higher satiety, leaving you more full, so easier to stay on diet. Just curious if anyone has a more concrete theory to rival this one I heard, or if they have some facts to debunk this.

Does anyone know how much truth there is to carbs having a muscle-sparing effect? I believe the theory I read was that it allows less protein to be used for energy, leaving more to be synthesized.
I personally settled on the protein sparing effects theory as being true a long time ago but wouldn't this only be a problem for actual live muscle tissue if one was not eating "enough" protein?

I also do know that protein sources tend to lead to higher satiety, leaving you more full, so easier to stay on diet. Just curious if anyone has a more concrete theory to rival this one I heard, or if they have some facts to debunk this. As much as I guess it does make sense to mention it the importance of "easy diet adherence" is fast become a pet peeve of mine. I want to know what works, what method is the most comfortable is several tiers below on the scale of importance (suck it up Nancy :) )
"I then looked further and they said it would actually work better for synthesis than eating more protein. I read for example a 200lbs person, 225 carb 225 protein is better than 150 carb 300 protein for preserving muscle (disregarding fats in this example and calorie need) in a deficit."

This rings like it's some magazine writers loose theoretical postulation of the matter. I'm not saying that is the case but simply the way it comes across. I'd be interested to see where you got this from or any hard science that anyone has.

In weight management carbs are my 3rd consideration when setting up my calorie plan

Protein 1st, set to 1-1.25 grams per lb. (Jeff Nippard has some good research based vids). For me 200-220g

Fats 2nd, set to 90-100grams per day. My joints feel best this way. This allows me to consume adequate amounts of avocado, pencans, evo, etc plus the fat with the protein (i eat fair bit of salmon)

Carbs are 3rd set to the level required to cut, maintain or gain. (+ or - 200 cals from maintenance). For me right now that is just over 300g

The key is getting in the habit of weighing every

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I then looked further and they said it would actually work better for synthesis than eating more protein. I read for example a 200lbs person, 225 carb 225 protein is better than 150 carb 300 protein for preserving muscle (disregarding fats in this example and calorie need) in a deficit."

This rings like it's some magazine writers loose theoretical postulation of the matter. I'm not saying that is the case but simply the way it comes across. I'd be interested to see where you got this from or any hard science that anyone has.
It was my personal example, not a quote or anything, so yes it is a loose hypothetical to try to explain my understanding. I’m trying to remember where I heard it from, I think Meadows had something sort of along these lines, and I believe a power lifter had the same notion.

I believe it has something to do with insulin spikes etc. since insulin is one of (if not the) most anabolic thing we produce naturally. Something to do with stimulating insulin to release while cutting allowing your body to hold onto more muscle. All of this is “I don’t actually know and am going off memory from months ago research” which is why I’m asking the question.

I’ve always followed the high protein - medium carb - medium fat cutting ideal which always causes brain fog, insomnia and a whole other host of issues we all deal with to get leaner. Just looking at alternative methods that are just as good, better, or something to completely disregard.

It was my personal example, not a quote or anything, so yes it is a loose hypothetical to try to explain my understanding. I’m trying to remember where I heard it from, I think Meadows had something sort of along these lines, and I believe a power lifter had the same notion.

I believe it has something to do with insulin spikes etc. since insulin is one of (if not the) most anabolic thing we produce naturally. Something to do with stimulating insulin to release while cutting allowing your body to hold onto more muscle. All of this is “I don’t actually know and am going off memory from months ago research” which is why I’m asking the question.

I’ve always followed the high protein - medium carb - medium fat cutting ideal which always causes brain fog, insomnia and a whole other host of issues we all deal with to get leaner. Just looking at alternative methods that are just as good, better, or something to completely disregard.
I got used to it after a while.
I pretty much just cut out garbage food from my diet, and a big chunk of carbs, did cardio every day and a tiny bit of gh.

Around 1.5g of pro per lbs bodyweight.
Carbs as low as possible. Zero bread, pasta, rice, sweets, etc... But don't worry if you use a little salad dressing that have some.
Fat as low as possible. Good fats only (olive oil, whole eggs, etc)

Sample day: 5-6 whole eggs, tuna, 2x 50g pro whey shakes, 3x EAAs shakes. Use multivitamins. Get some fat burners (ephedrine best) to cut appetite and allow you to eat only that during the day. At night once fat burners wear off and you get hungry as f*, eat 1kg of chicken breast, cooked good with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, basil, pepper. With huge salad bowl, avocados, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc. That should keep you full until sleep time. Repeat until you're as lean as you want. Zero cardio needed.

So I am looking to figure out my carb & Protein intake based on 286 lb mid age person. I used some calculator and for my weight, it says.
Daily: protein intake 269G
Carb intake 269G
Fat intake 20G
Calories 2689
caloric deficit of 200-600

Does this sound right? or a good place to start? I have never weighed my food and gone on this type of journey, to try and eat the right amount and loss weight, while lifting.

Hopefully this is ok to put up in this location for help. if not let me know & I will remove this.

Around 1.5g of pro per lbs bodyweight.
Carbs as low as possible. Zero bread, pasta, rice, sweets, etc... But don't worry if you use a little salad dressing that have some.
Fat as low as possible. Good fats only (olive oil, whole eggs, etc)

Sample day: 5-6 whole eggs, tuna, 2x 50g pro whey shakes, 3x EAAs shakes. Use multivitamins. Get some fat burners (ephedrine best) to cut appetite and allow you to eat only that during the day. At night once fat burners wear off and you get hungry as f*, eat 1kg of chicken breast, cooked good with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, basil, pepper. With huge salad bowl, avocados, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc. That should keep you full until sleep time. Repeat until you're as lean as you want. Zero cardio needed.
Newman’s own italian salad dressing is sugar free.

Oh there is still oil (fat) calories, lol. Actually I think more calories than the sugar alternatives. But you could be keto and use it.
So far since last Monday, I have been hitting that formula from a site, and seem to be feeling pretty good. Lot's of energy, no coffee, bloating. I seem to be eating my carbs 89 G, 54 G protein with veg, 30 min before gym & right after gym, having a protein shake during my work out.
Then its veggies, Protein @ 54 G per meal for the rest of the day and a protein shake for the evening, to curb the sweet tooth.
water intake is up to almost three liters, from a 1.5 liters.

Hopefully I am on the right track. My weigh in on Friday, I finally broke into the 279, from 286.2.